Week 7 - SF/DH/ET - Thread The Second

in Match-ups

Posted by: losieight.4807

losieight.4807

There are certain traits you need for Hammer / Greatsword which makes it the meta. Wonder why it is getting nerfed?

If you want to duel or GvG, (small man) we can set something up. Usually roaming solo unless I find BS in the same borderland.

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Typically, any claims that SF is able to pull more than two queues (with exception to the Season 1 kick-off) is an exaggeration.

So you guys showed up in normal force then? IDK, it seemed to me you guys had 3 queues by the fight you were putting up, but I could have been mistaken. The point is that you guys showed up for reset night. Perhaps you were diminished somewhat, granted, but I think it’s fair to say on that night at least we fought an SF that showed up and we won. That’s my only point, and it’s not to brag but instead to counter the excuses (or rationalizations as you call them). If you guys showed up with 2 queues (as is normal for you, apparently), then we fought the normal SF (even if slightly diminished).

On resets, we can usually expect 2.5 maps. Last reset, we were barely at 2 full maps.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in Match-ups

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

So by that logic, any warrior using Dogged March is playing THE META?

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Match-ups

losieight.4807

For hammer everyone goes ?/?/20/?/30 just because you add into the empty slots doesn’t really make it your build. Those are the ones doing all the damage, and reason why everyone is playing hammer, also why traits in that line are getting a nerf. thank god, too

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

There’s so much incorrect in that post, I wouldn’t know where to start. If you want a friendly duel, whisper me.

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

For hammer everyone goes ?/?/20/?/30 just because you add into the empty slots doesn’t really make it your build. Those are the ones doing all the damage, and reason why everyone is playing hammer, also why traits in that line are getting a nerf. thank god, too

I’m sorry but by that logic any Guardian wielding a hammer in WvW, any Mesmer using phantasms, any ele with offhand daggers, any engi using bomb kits, any thief using shadow refuge, is running a “META BUILD”. There is a reason you can trait into certain types of playstyle, and some work better than others for mobility and damage and survivability and happen to have certain weapon sets to go with them. And no, hammer/gs warriors aren’t meta for -roaming- the hammer is popular in -hammer trains-. Longbow S/S with conditions is meta, or S/Shield GS (stun HB) for -roaming-. Anyways, done running logic circles around you.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

(edited by melodey.4652)

in Match-ups

losieight.4807

You should check your zerg next time and tell me it isn’t the meta lol. When we fought you in the zerg, DH had 5 hammer warriors and 4 guards, All wielding hammers, didn’t notice any warriors switching out of hammer except for you because you had to leave combat, you can ask the the pugs that were in the battle

Note: There was around 18 DH, So the majority of them playing 1 ‘similar’ build doesn’t make it the meta? Plus, I see way more Hammer roamers than s/s longbow, I only see those at fight night.

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

melodey.4652

You should check your zerg next time and tell me it isn’t the meta lol. When we fought you in the zerg, DH had 5 hammer warriors and 4 guards, All wielding hammers, didn’t notice any warriors switching out of hammer except for you because you had to leave combat, you can ask the the pugs that were in the battle

Note: There was around 18 DH, So the majority of them playing 1 ‘similar’ build doesn’t make it the meta? Plus, I see way more Hammer roamers than s/s longbow, I only see those at fight night.

Yeah, because two people roaming equates hammer train meta, only one of which is a warrior. You’re just grasping for straws now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Typically, any claims that SF is able to pull more than two queues (with exception to the Season 1 kick-off) is an exaggeration.

So you guys showed up in normal force then? IDK, it seemed to me you guys had 3 queues by the fight you were putting up, but I could have been mistaken. The point is that you guys showed up for reset night. Perhaps you were diminished somewhat, granted, but I think it’s fair to say on that night at least we fought an SF that showed up and we won. That’s my only point, and it’s not to brag but instead to counter the excuses (or rationalizations as you call them). If you guys showed up with 2 queues (as is normal for you, apparently), then we fought the normal SF (even if slightly diminished).

On resets, we can usually expect 2.5 maps. Last reset, we were barely at 2 full maps.

If you guys had 2 maps queued (EB/SF BL) then you definitely had 2.5, because there was a large zerg in our BL right from the get-go. And didn’t you take a keep in ET as well?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Only time I’ve run into XSV was some silly warrior who runs into us, tries to 4v1, does no damage, tries to run, dies, and a mesmer who losieight was eating, hit with 2 nades and proceeded to promptly die.

I honestly have no idea where their ego is coming from.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: bokunocarrie.7215

bokunocarrie.7215

im not mad lol. why would i be mad? look at the scoreboard.

bruh, they said angry. angry and mad are two different words.

anger is a more intense emotion than feeling of mad. again, if i’n mot mad, why would be angry?

oh, and i’m not your bruh, friend.

i’ll say whatever i kitten well please. and i’m most certainly not your friend, hot shot.

either way, stop being so heated

blackgate #FHDFriday

in Match-ups

torridstoic.7492

Only time I’ve run into XSV was some silly warrior who runs into us, tries to 4v1, does no damage, tries to run, dies, and a mesmer who losieight was eating, hit with 2 nades and proceeded to promptly die.

Who refuses rematches? What a joke. Get over yourself.

And sorry for failing to 1v4 you! That’s clearly a mistake on my part.

At The Vanguard.

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

I beat both of you twice with no losses.

Obviously we are terrible

<3

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

<3

Yes, you are terrible… You’re not a cheesy perplexity engi…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Match-ups

melodey.4652

<3

Grats on the AoE condition build vs phantasm mesmers?

Too bad the rest of your guild wasn’t running as OP of builds, otherwise they could come in here and brag too. But you know, bragging about winning friendly duels on the forums isn’t kosher, your guildies* are coolbeans in their gracious fights, win or lose.
*guildies plus HSSS friends, I suppose

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

<3

Too bad the rest of your guild wasn’t running as OP of builds, otherwise they could come in here and brag too. But you know, bragging about winning friendly duels on the forums isn’t kosher, your guildies* are coolbeans in their gracious fights, win or lose.

Well, sorry, seeing as you called us out and were an kitten to me in party chat. I obviously have no right to react accordingly, do I?

P.S: Only 3 of my skills apply damaging conditions in an aoe. Dat spam

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

melodey.4652

<3

Well, sorry, seeing as you called us out and were an kitten to me in party chat. I obviously have no right to react accordingly, do I?

I never partied with you, I was the human. But I hear you were a charming one in chat too :P

in Match-ups

Posted by: DisplayName.7802

DisplayName.7802

We got annoyed with your WPs :s

Attachments:

Basic Banjo

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

So, we gonna get a fight night this week? Last week was lame…

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Apparently I missed out on all the forum warrioring today. XSV can’t seem to admit that BS are skilled even though you guys lost a lot of duels from what the guys tell me.

BS loves fight nights so XSV (and everyone else) meet us at Obsidian Sanctum arena tomorrow (Thursday) at reset. We’ll be there for 2-3 hours.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

Why do you ANBU guys seem so angry? In a few more days no of this will matter the people who fought each week should be proud and I hope they are having fun. When people get the rewards most pve players who started playing will be happy and stay and get better or feel it was a waste and never come back.

All servers say the same thing they win its all skill they lose its insert reason here.

What gives you the impression we’re angry lol? I’m really disappointed in SF for being pretty sore losers, and that’s really annoying considering the amount of effort we put into this. If that annoyance comes across as anger, sorry.

It was just a lighthearted jab in response to some of your own jabs at us. But I’m not sore just giving my opinion. like I said by weeks end none of this will matter some severs will gain players and some will lose players that is the only lasting effect there will be.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Why do you ANBU guys seem so angry? In a few more days no of this will matter the people who fought each week should be proud and I hope they are having fun. When people get the rewards most pve players who started playing will be happy and stay and get better or feel it was a waste and never come back.

All servers say the same thing they win its all skill they lose its insert reason here.

What gives you the impression we’re angry lol? I’m really disappointed in SF for being pretty sore losers, and that’s really annoying considering the amount of effort we put into this. If that annoyance comes across as anger, sorry.

It was just a lighthearted jab in response to some of your own jabs at us. But I’m not sore just giving my opinion. like I said by weeks end none of this will matter some severs will gain players and some will lose players that is the only lasting effect there will be.

Didn’t mean to imply you/all of SF are being sore losers, should have added the qualifier “some”. I still hold a high opinion of SF as a server when it comes to actually fighting them.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bananaling.9673

Bananaling.9673

this match had been fun for us, from the get go. SF you guys have awesome commanders i can give u that. Star zerg at reset in garrison was a lot of fun to go up against. saturday we couldn’t even do much at night, you had your BL on lockdown. After that it just died down.
ET has a lot of pretty good fights, esp small man groups. BS ( the ET BS of course) hats off to you guys, you guys play well together. I know our group only meet u a couple of times but its been good. It was fun tonite but u guys left too early. Hope to see you guys again soon.
as for DH, we’ve come a long way! having lose to SF then to HoD the first 2 weeks took a toll, then the come back on FC lifted everyone up. I think that was the turning point of the success that we been having. I know people hate the league but i think it made our server a lot stronger because of it.

Fightz [XSV][SBT]
“Welcome to the world of tomorrow”-Slicey Dicey
3K cnd 6K bs 8K hs 8K hs 8K hs

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

<3

I never partied with you, I was the human. But I hear you were a charming one in chat too :P

Eh, he started it. Honestly it made me laugh, he was pretty kitten ed. Anyway, I have nothing against you, the other guy was just reaaaallllyy kitteny and didn’t even know how to play his spec, which I found funny.

You were pretty good, though.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

*guildies plus HSSS friend, I suppose

Fixed the end part for you… I’m the only one on [HSSS] that do duels (Not that we have many members anyway… We have 3 active players on ET and 1 on BG atm), and the only one that usually run with [BS].

BTW, I’m terrible on 1v1. I’m more used to Command people on Eternal Battlegrounds (as we hardly have a commander there) but because of some recent issues I decided to take a break (I think the leagues are taking it’s toll on me). And that’s the reason I don’t really care if I get merked or not on it (Be it on the windmill or while roaming). Also, I bet that’s the reason I’m not [BS].

Anyway, I’m always up for duels (Except if I go back on commanding). So whenever someone want a fight, you can just whisp me and choose a place.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

in Match-ups

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

If you guys had 2 maps queued (EB/SF BL) then you definitely had 2.5, because there was a large zerg in our BL right from the get-go. And didn’t you take a keep in ET as well?

If memory serves me right, at reset there was no queue for EB. I remember this because it’s usually the first map that gets queued along with our BL, I arrived like 15 minutes late for reset and got a surprise seeing there was no queue

Of course, as time went on we eventually queued it, but at least for the start of the matchup there was no queue in EB.

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Match-ups

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

If memory serves me right, at reset there was no queue for EB. I remember this because it’s usually the first map that gets queued along with our BL, I arrived like 15 minutes late for reset and got a surprise seeing there was no queue

Of course, as time went on we eventually queued it, but at least for the start of the matchup there was no queue in EB.

I chatted with Katie last night and this particular topic came up. She also indicated there was no queue for EB on reset. So we were barely queuing one map (less than 5 min wait time), when we’re used to reliably queuing 2 maps with some extra folks on a third non-queued map.

As I mentioned earlier, I couldn’t definitively speak on the EB queue since I didn’t try to get onto that map. Our reset turnout was far worse than I originally thought.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Remus.1270

Remus.1270

Great fights last night in EB, if you were with me ty for stacking and staying on me.

Tiberious Of Elona
Guild leader of Unwavering Kingdom [KING] – Comrades of the Unified Kingdom.

in Match-ups

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Great fights last night in EB, if you were with me ty for stacking and staying on me.

I crashed after the SM cap Anet hates me is the only valid conclusion.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Remus.1270

Remus.1270

I crashed after the SM cap Anet hates me is the only valid conclusion.

That sucks

I’ve crashed seconds before we collided with an enemy zerg once. Felt so helpless haha.

Tiberious Of Elona
Guild leader of Unwavering Kingdom [KING] – Comrades of the Unified Kingdom.

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Interesting. An SF person said in the previous thread that it was queued, so I assumed it was.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in Match-ups

losieight.4807

hopefully there will still be a lot of people at fight night at 10 pm est. Usually miss all the fun duelers :<

Died with Basic [BS]

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

hopefully there will still be a lot of people at fight night at 10 pm est. Usually miss all the fun duelers :<

I’ll duel you tuna!

in Match-ups

Gentle reminder

FIGHT CLUB at Obsidian Sanctum arena today at reset. I hope to see many duelers out there.

Maguuma
#allisvain

(edited by Avatar of Belle.9623)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dextra.8162

Dextra.8162

I forgot to thank Gods on ET for the fun duels we had at the windmill in SF the other night. And also to apologize again for you guys getting ran over by DH. You were cool about it though. =D

Next time we face you I will be looking for you guys! <3

Stuffed Bunny – The Easter egg warrior ;3
Oublietta (Dolly Dearest) – The creepy doll mesmer.
Princess Dolls [Doll] ~ Of Darkhaven

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

im not mad lol. why would i be mad? look at the scoreboard.

bruh, they said angry. angry and mad are two different words.

anger is a more intense emotion than feeling of mad. again, if i’n mot mad, why would be angry?

oh, and i’m not your bruh, friend.

i’ll say whatever i kitten well please. and i’m most certainly not your friend, hot shot.

either way, stop being so heated

I have no idea where you are implying any kind of animosity towards you or your server LoL chill out a bit.

Oh and don’t call me hot shot, Buddy.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

Show yo faces on OS arena so we can smash them!

in Match-ups

Hey, only 1 DH is brave enough to come to OS Arena. ET loves to duel, please come out to play.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

Posted by: Adaxia.5406

Adaxia.5406

Hey, only 1 DH is brave enough to come to OS Arena. ET loves to duel, please come out to play.

Sorry, we are too busy wiping ET and SF at SM.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I am extremely disapointed with the attendance on fight night… You guys are really boring. Seriously…

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

I am extremely disapointed with the attendance on fight night… You guys are really boring. Seriously…

I’m couldn’t make it ):.

But then I did and I brought my guild with me to fight [bs]. Good stuff so far.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

i got off work and home by 9 pm then had to do stuff aorund the house lol

good fights so far [BS]

reminds me of the RTL spike in GW1 your spike timing is awesome.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: Serinetempest.9027

Serinetempest.9027

Hello SF !! We are just chilling in your Greenlake tower ROAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!! great fight this week! now where is the beer and roasted boar?

Attachments:

MGW Guild

in Match-ups

Thanks to Anbu for the 5v5s.

Maguuma
#allisvain

in Match-ups

K U T M.4539

i got off work and home by 9 pm then had to do stuff aorund the house lol

good fights so far [BS]

reminds me of the RTL spike in GW1 your spike timing is awesome.

Good fights

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Match-ups

Arius.7031

Great fights to [BS] in the obsidian sanctum! You guys beat us 4 times out of 6 matches :/.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Match-ups

Posted by: EricL.5861

EricL.5861

Great hour long battle in SM tonight guys! That was some good hardcore zerg fun. We gave it our all and had some great back and forth success but in the end SF capped it when DH hit our keep in EB. It was a lot of fun and thanks for a great week SF and DH.

Hagance, 80 Guardian, Commander/ Guild Leader
Server: ET
Guild: AKD

Server: DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

YEeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah Darkhaven!

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.

in Match-ups

Jeknar.6184

I’m couldn’t make it ):.

But then I did and I brought my guild with me to fight [bs]. Good stuff so far.

So you guys started showing up after I went to sleep… Oh well…

in Match-ups

Posted by: SyntheticIrony.1823

SyntheticIrony.1823

Great hour long battle in SM tonight guys! That was some good hardcore zerg fun. We gave it our all and had some great back and forth success but in the end SF capped it when DH hit our keep in EB. It was a lot of fun and thanks for a great week SF and DH.

Server: ET

You might have missed the first half then. It started as DH’s SM, SF broke down the wall, EVERYONE from both servers piled in. When ET capped it first, SF went on to cap it second. It was a total of almost 2 hours as our food went down almost twice ha ha. We also had to place a merchant in 3 different spots to merch, our bags were so full. This fight was a pretty great fight guys, we enjoyed it very much!

ET surprised me personally twice yesterday, once in the morning when you guys ninja’d SM from DH as they were hitting your keep and then your MASS numbers in SM last night and ninja’d it again right from under our noses. Ha ha. Great job everyone, DH and ET and thank you greatly for the loot!

Aurena Navarian- StaR
Sorrows Furnace