Any servers losing there big wvw guilds?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shiba Legend.6380

Shiba Legend.6380

With season 2 announced and the way server transferring is being handled, I was wondering how many servers are actually losing there WvW guilds?

My friends on Crystal Desert are telling me that there main WvW guild KoME is actually leaving the server, even though they have been there since beta. Rumors are that they are going to HoD, due to the CD community and drama on the server.

Any other servers experiencing this?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

Imagine it as the Premiere League in England. Transfer windows and buying new players etc

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

in Looking for...

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

With season 2 announced and the way server transferring is being handled, I was wondering how many servers are actually losing there WvW guilds?

My friends on Crystal Desert are telling me that there main WvW guild KoME is actually leaving the server, even though they have been there since beta. Rumors are that they are going to HoD, due to the CD community and drama on the server.

“Rumors are rumors "..CD could not be closer

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

in Looking for...

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

That’s weird, on my side I received confirmation of SEA guild joining CD. Is your source even credible?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Shiba Legend.6380

Shiba Legend.6380

That’s weird, on my side I received confirmation of SEA guild joining CD. Is your source even credible?

He said that they are voting on it but it’s 90% chance its going to happen. he runs in wvw with them every night.

in Looking for...

SkyShroud.2865

This is fascinating, if they really do go there as you said, they will become the sole small SEA/OCEANIC population in HOD. I mean, is [CV] and [SD] still alive? I remember [CV] is a small singapore-based guild but I have not seen them for quite a while. If they are alive and kicking, I will actually invite them to come onto CD and join up with the rest of the singaporeans, afterall CD has the most SEA among all the free servers, in fact, it might also be the only free server with significant SEA players.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I’m pretty sure that NSP is keeping their guilds.

Heiann – NSP

in Looking for...

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

This is fascinating, if they really do go there as you said, they will become the sole small SEA/OCEANIC population in HOD. I mean, is [CV] and [SD] still alive? I remember [CV] is a small singapore-based guild but I have not seen them for quite a while. If they are alive and kicking, I will actually invite them to come onto CD and join up with the rest of the singaporeans, afterall CD has the most SEA among all the free servers, in fact, it might also be the only free server with significant SEA players.

[CV] is still on HoD, and we’re an international guild with a leader from the US and one from Singapore (that’s probably how you drew your conclusions). Other than us, there is a Taiwanese guild, and a guild from Hong Kong. HoD is home to all of us, we’re not about to move, tho thank you for the invite.

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Obviously many servers have lost a lot guilds and I know some guilds completely stopped playing Guild Wars 2 or are in the verge of doing that. I know for example that Piken Square has lost guilds. And if you read this announcement from Arenanet, it doesn’t make a genius to understand that from March 18th to March 27th will see some very large transfers:
https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready-for-wvw-spring-tournament-2014/

People naturally want to stack on that servers, which they will think will have good chances to win. But prediction isn’t always that easy as fair-weather players can vanish if the server gets an unlucky loss at the start. My theory is that great & active PuG commanders and huge PuG population and good coverage is much more important for the win than having lots of hard core WvWvW guilds, who can win in open field and steamroll most of the PuGs.

In Season 1 – Gold League Seafarer’s Rest (SFR) was holding rank #1 and predicted to win it, but of course that didn’t happen, but Vizunah to took the top spot with a very large margin. Similar our server, Desolation, wasn’t speculated to win, but you know what happened. Desolation won every single match up, just like Vizunah. And both are PuG servers.

Luckily our server, Desolation, is doing well, despite the relatively high transfer costs. If the same story will repeat, we can get a huge influx of people from our massive pve population (probably biggest in EU and we have also some non-EU coverage).

I think players and guilds should think wisely where to transfer. Those servers which look strong on paper, might not be the winners.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ohbe.9761

Ohbe.9761

I’ll say this much, there is no drama going on here. Crystal Desert is in a rebuilding phase and we are strengthening our core guilds who wish to comply with the rest of the server. As a matter of fact, the past 2-3 weeks have been some of the most peaceful moments we’ve had. You’re more than welcome to join us and listen for yourself. Throw a PM my way.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Obviously many servers have lost a lot guilds and I know some guilds completely stopped playing Guild Wars 2 or are in the verge of doing that. I know for example that Piken Square has lost guilds. And if you read this announcement from Arenanet, it doesn’t make a genius to understand that from March 18th to March 27th will see some very large transfers:

People naturally want to stack on that servers, which they will think will have good chances to win. But prediction isn’t always that easy as fair-weather players can vanish if the server gets an unlucky loss at the start. My theory is that great & active PuG commanders and huge PuG population and good coverage is much more important for the win than having lots of hard core WvWvW guilds, who can win in open field and steamroll most of the PuGs.

In Season 1 – Gold League Seafarer’s Rest (SFR) was holding rank #1 and predicted to win it, but of course that didn’t happen, but Vizunah to took the top spot with a very large margin. Similar our server, Desolation, wasn’t speculated to win, but you know what happened. Desolation won every single match up, just like Vizunah. And both are PuG servers.

Luckily our server, Desolation, is doing well, despite the relatively high transfer costs. If the same story will repeat, we can get a huge influx of people from our massive pve population (probably biggest in EU and we have also some non-EU coverage).

I think players and guilds should think wisely where to transfer. Those servers which look strong on paper, might not be the winners.

In the nicest possible way, we all called Vizu winning the moment the Seasons were announced on the stream. We all called Deso winning as soon as it convieniently started losing matchups until it was in Silver league, starting the moment the seasons were announced on the stream. I’m pretty sure you’re confused.

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

in Looking for...

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

I’m not an expert, but I’ve heard rumors that SoR may have lost one or two.

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

in Looking for...

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

SoR WvW seems practically non existent these days.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

Well from the far lands of EU, we’re losing 6 of our main WvW guilds whilst not gaining any as it seems, so it’ll be a very fun season, I’m sure!

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

Thank you i needed a laugh.

Deso did a good job of tanking from T1 – T4 just for the seasons.

GG

Edit: And if i remember rightly Deso would log off when they had opponents to fight then log back on when primetime was over.

So Double GG

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

in Looking for...

SkyShroud.2865

[CV] is still on HoD, and we’re an international guild with a leader from the US and one from Singapore (that’s probably how you drew your conclusions). Other than us, there is a Taiwanese guild, and a guild from Hong Kong. HoD is home to all of us, we’re not about to move, tho thank you for the invite.

I am glad that [CV] is still operating. But, I heard from a person that a portion of [CV]’s SEA transferred to SOS. So, I am curious on how many SEA in [CV] still remain in HOD. With that, it also reflect how many SEA are actually in HOD.

I do understand that HOD has a number of tw and hk but they seems lost and lonely, a few joined [TIME] and they will be transferring to CD.

Well, I do want you guys to come over but if you insist to stay in HOD, that’s fine. I have quite a number of mails and whispers from interested individuals coming over to CD, some are from HOD’s individuals.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

(edited by SkyShroud.2865)

in Looking for...

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

Funny I remember being on Deso outmanned week after week and still we fought on …..obviously your memory is faltering

in Looking for...

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

(edited by hmsgoddess.3869)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Talia.7412

Talia.7412

I am glad that [CV] is still operating. But, I heard from a person that a portion of [CV]’s SEA transferred to SOS. So, I am curious on how many SEA in [CV] still remain in HOD. With that, it also reflect how many SEA are actually in HOD.

I do understand that HOD has a number of tw and hk but they seems lost and lonely, a few joined [TIME] and they will be transferring to CD.

Well, I do want you guys to come over but if you insist to stay in HOD, that’s fine. I have quite a number of mails and whispers from interested individuals coming over to CD, some are from HOD’s individuals.

The handful that transferred weren’t original CV anyway. We were housing them when SD broke down. Some SD stayed in CV, and are still here today.

Glad that you are getting transfers, we’re getting some ourselves… Ironically I hear a couple of guilds that are coming here are from CD. If some of ours are going over, it sounds like both our servers will be exchanging players. Should be interesting. :p

Charter Vanguard [CV], on HoD since the betas
http://cv.englishmist.com

in Looking for...

SkyShroud.2865

The handful that transferred weren’t original CV anyway. We were housing them when SD broke down. Some SD stayed in CV, and are still here today.

Glad that you are getting transfers, we’re getting some ourselves… Ironically I hear a couple of guilds that are coming here are from CD. If some of ours are going over, it sounds like both our servers will be exchanging players. Should be interesting. :p

Indeed, it is interesting, HOD has shown resilient after falling from tier 1 to the last tier and raising back up again. Though CD too have dropped some tiers with the lost of guilds throughout the period, but HOD seems to suffer more with the lost of the history’s strongest WvW alliance. It is really interesting to see how this transfer period will turn out. Will HOD raise back to tier 1 with this transfer? Will CD raise back to tier 2 with this transfer? Which gold league server will fall this time? Free transfer is always interesting to watch, so many servers got destroyed during the free transfer back then.

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: MarkSG.8109

MarkSG.8109

Yep, Aurora Glade is loosing 6 guilds in total. About 80% of our WvW population.

in Looking for...

Posted by: obastable.5231

obastable.5231

Will HOD raise back to tier 1 with this transfer? Will CD raise back to tier 2 with this transfer? Which gold league server will fall this time? Free transfer is always interesting to watch, so many servers got destroyed during the free transfer back then.

#jqrematch2014

Hello Kitty Krewe
“Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare!”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sophie Lone.8576

Sophie Lone.8576

I know that NSP is getting at least 2 confirmed guilds. Sadly I forget the names and where they come from but they were talked about in our server meetings.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

The Good:
NSP gets high marks for having a great attitude going into Silver League. They haven’t seen any major fluctuations since the AA folks left them during 1 day matches.

IoJ has the strongest nighttime south of Dragonbrand. They will be a major player in Silver League.

SF seems to be on some sort of powered upswing (I have no idea as to why)

The Shaky:
FA is at a crossroads; with a great NA and some of the best GvG guilds around. Once a nighttime powerhouse, they have had all their nighttime guilds bought by other servers (rumors say at 150% xfer costs for the latest). Staying the top 6 will guarantee a rebuild, but dropping to 7th for the 2nd League in a row will be crippling. Especially since it’s out of their hands right now.

DB for the same reason as FA. If they fold in their first fight with 2 Gold servers since their implosion; they will not shake the PvD enthusiast label. However fighting hard will ensure their place in Gold League and a guaranteed last place finish. It’s in their hands.

SBI They are better off than they were before the bandwagon. They are probably a solid T4 and their NA is still pretty good. If they ever learn to stop blobbing EBG they could be in line for a 2nd comeback.

HoD keeps growing and getting very little traction for all the activity

The Bad
SoR is being abused by the horrible glicko system. They should be in Bronze League but are losing so slowly that they are a lock for Silver. They will be a non-presence for the Season.

BP once the hope of Silver, they are backsliding badly. A lot of transfers off apparently.

YB A nerf to arrowcarts would send this server to T6. Their defense culture is the only thing that is keeping them in the higher tiers.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

HoD’s position will be quite sweet for the tourney. Their status of free transfers have even caught the eye of two YB guilds! While I do not think YB will do as well this season, I do not doubt it will be horrible, even with the transfers off. Granted, always better if they stayed, but I think those guilds don’t remember season one well and how many people showed up. lol They just want a decently stacked server to play with and rank 13 is guaranteed to get them.

We have gotten some transfers ourselves that came in before the horrible price of 2400 starts tomorrow. Yeah…rank 12 blows. lol BP and us will just sit in our corner and cry while the free/cheap servers gain everyone. At least the mix up will make it interesting to decide who will end where!

Oh and Chris..were you on SBI for season 1? lol You make it sound like we should feel bad for being a defensive server! Haha

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

in Looking for...

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

SF seems to be on some sort of powered upswing (I have no idea as to why)

Two weeks in a row vs Ehmry Bay will make anyone’s Glicko look good.

in Looking for...

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

or… come to AR

fun + wvw = profit

Attachments:

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Losing KoME is probably the best thing that has ever happened to CD. They just got rid of the biggest tumor in their server and gave it to HoD. I wouldn’t want to be on HoD right now lol.

Looks like Borlis Pass has taken the axe as well. Reuniting with Ebay and AR!

I’m most upset about Aurora Glade though =( Was one of the most stable and consistent servers for a very, very long time. Why couldn’t it have been Gunnar’s Hold…. >.>

Oh and SoR lost a pve guild to Yak’s Bend. lol

in Looking for...

Posted by: Lazy Mesmer.7923

Lazy Mesmer.7923

I’m most upset about Aurora Glade though … Why couldn’t it have been Gunnar’s Hold….

We pulled through our exodus, thanks for wishing another on us

Klaev
[PRXM] Praxium

in Looking for...

Posted by: Genotix.6804

Genotix.6804

Losing KoME is probably the best thing that has ever happened to CD. They just got rid of the biggest tumor in their server and gave it to HoD. I wouldn’t want to be on HoD right now lol.

I’m most upset about Aurora Glade though =( Was one of the most stable and consistent servers for a very, very long time. Why couldn’t it have been Gunnar’s Hold…. >.>

What have Gunnars ever done to you so that you wish us to loose some guilds mate?

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dark Lord Killer.9473

Dark Lord Killer.9473

I’m most upset about Aurora Glade though =(

Thank you for your sympathy, yet I wouldn’t want anyone to go through this at all. Even though it sucks right now, I’m sure AG will rise again as a new AG. AG has gone down to dust in the past and yet we rose again, so we’ll see. This time though, it might take a while before we rise up again, for now it’s the silver league, we’ll get some nice fights at least
Funny how last week we were affraid of doing so good we would go to gold.

Argwulf, Human Guardian
Member of [ASA]
My heart is in the Glade, my feet are in Gandara.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I’m most upset about Aurora Glade though =( Was one of the most stable and consistent servers for a very, very long time. Why couldn’t it have been Gunnar’s Hold….

What have Gunnars ever done to you so that you wish us to loose some guilds mate?

Because you got too kittening strong i guess :P (jk btw)

Really sad to hear about AG losing that many guilds so close to season though

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Hey man, no hard feelings. I just like every other international server in silver league better.

(edited by Deli.1302)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Thank you i needed a laugh.

Deso did a good job of tanking from kitten just for the seasons.

GG

Edit: And if i remember rightly Deso would log off when they had opponents to fight then log back on when primetime was over.

So Double GG

Why so much trash talk and hatred towards one server?

Desolation “tanked” in 2013, because we lost almost all of our hard core WvWvW guilds in spring and summer 2013. Unlike the enemies we cannot summon 2-3 big guild groups on the same map. We were outnumbered almost all the time and still the outnumbered buff is very common on us. Normally losing 1500+ WvWvW players would cause a tier 1 server drop to tier 8 or so, just like Blacktide did. We won Silver league, because of the huge influx of players from pve and the fact that Desolation plays more for the points than most other medium tier EU servers. Yes, that almost means playing off hours when others are sleeping. Coverage + split-team tactics + good server-wide coordination and playing for the points = win

Desolation has better coverage than most other EU servers, but we still lack numbers. Our strength is the quality of our PuGs and very good coordination in server wide TeamSpeak + some amazing commanders. We got players at any time slot (including the so called Oceanic and NA times), but even on prime time we can usually just fill one of the 4 maps. There are rarely ever any queues and if there is a queue it is just a short queue to one of the four maps. In fact it is not unusual to have outnumbered buff on 3 of the 4 maps (meaning the other two servers outnumber us of 3 of 4 maps). I know that many lower ranked servers have some queues to 1-2 maps on reset evening or busy prime time, but these servers also lack server-wide coordination and coverage and thus score worse. No major guild has transferred to Desolation for many months, but individual highly talented players are transferring here every week and they come from all sorts of countries, time zones and speak many different languages. We need every able man, child, woman and elderly person to win the war. When it comes to WvWvW, we are very far from being full.

Now Desolation has been fighting hard to get into the gold league. Yes, we went to gold. Surely enemies find something bad to say about it again? You were “tanking” from silver to gold. :-)

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Looking for...

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

If theres any big guilds looking for a server, Darkhaven can use them. We’ve lost soo many guilds since the start of the last season. We’re always looking for more guilds and players. If you want to make your mark, nows the time.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Looking for...

Posted by: RazGerb.6173

RazGerb.6173

Ehmry Bay went from tier 3 to tier 8 in a few weeks due to all WvW guilds leaving to bandwagon tier 2 servers. We feel the pain.
Ahem GH,ZoD,ZOMG,FALL.Gods,DIE,FTF. etc etc etc

Legendary RazGerb|Razris|Razgrox|Razxerius|Razalos
RazGerb The Machine/Tempest/Inferno
~The Best Rager Ranger NA~

in Looking for...

Posted by: CRAIG.9862

CRAIG.9862

Ehmry Bay went from tier 3 to tier 8 in a few weeks due to all WvW guilds leaving to bandwagon tier 2 servers. We feel the pain.
Ahem GH,ZoD,ZOMG,FALL.Gods,DIE,FTF. etc etc etc

Stop complaining DIE left, we told you we were there for only a few weeks for vacation from queues of leagues.

You just sound mad and pathetic, like weve been gone for 4 months…. you guys dropped last month soooooooooooooo….. i dont see it.

Semidei [DEMI] #ThankYouBasedGod
Sea Of Sorrows
Craigmire

in Looking for...

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Psh, we went from a empty server to a very empty server, you guys have nothing to complain about.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in Looking for...

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

Thank you for your sympathy, yet I wouldn’t want anyone to go through this at all. Even though it sucks right now, I’m sure AG will rise again as a new AG. AG has gone down to dust in the past and yet we rose again, so we’ll see. This time though, it might take a while before we rise up again, for now it’s the silver league, we’ll get some nice fights at least
Funny how last week we were affraid of doing so good we would go to gold.

It certainly sucks for us, but in my opinion we have managed to keep hold of our best wvw guild so not all is lost.