Yak's Bend--The Community

in Looking for...

Posted by: Serenity.8246

Serenity.8246

Yak’s Bend – A Community First, A WvW Contender Second

You know I was going to start this post with some rhetorical questions about you, the reader, being on an over or under populated server. I was going to make some comments about what Yak’s Bend has to offer to you as a player or a guild. I was going to tell you why you should consider moving to our server for those reasons.

Then I caught myself. You see, we on Yak’s Bend aren’t looking to beg other guilds to come to our server. We don’t want to be a bandwagon. We don’t want people to transfer to our server if you already have a server you love.

Here’s what we do want.

We want to be a community first and foremost, a place where people can come to play, learn, grow and have fun. We want to let all of you reading this know that we’re a community first. That you can come visit us at www.yaksbend.com any time you like. You’re welcome to join our discussions, post in our Off-Topic, PvE or WvW forums.

We want you to want to be a Yak; if you’re looking for a new home, a community you can be a part of. Check out www.ybbl.enjin.com and visit our Introduction forum and let us know who you are! If you decide that you do want to become a Yak, if that’s something that interests you, there are forums for finding a guild. If you’re a guild moving and have questions, introduce yourself and let us know. We have lots of very active community members who would be happy to show you around, so to speak.

We have a Community Site as you’re aware from this post and we also have a Community Mumble that everyone is welcome to use. There are also guilds on the server who operate their own VOIP servers and are very open and inviting.

If you have more questions about us, don’t ask me, you’ll only get one point of view. Instead come ask us on www.yaksbend.com. You will get a great array of responses and a lot of varying opinions.

Features Manager for www.yaks-bend.com
“We are a WvW organization! We don’t throw tea parties!
We burn them to the ground and put the teddy bears to death!”

(edited by Serenity.8246)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

YB does have an awesome community. Remember when they gave back the hacked Orb? That story made so many blogs. Even though Joebane is no longer there (he made the decision to give back the Orb), his decision was just a reflection of the ethos of the entire server. If my guild ever looks at going back to a mid tier server, Yaks Bend will be at the top of our list.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in Looking for...

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

YB does have an awesome community. Remember when they gave back the hacked Orb? That story made so many blogs. Even though Joebane is no longer there (he made the decision to give back the Orb), his decision was just a reflection of the ethos of the entire server. If my guild ever looks at going back to a mid tier server, Yaks Bend will be at the top of our list.

That or if a hacker took a tower, we would give it or another back for free.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Vaiye.5709

Vaiye.5709

Bump and +1, from a happy and proud member of the Yak’s Bend community.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Good Guy Orb Stealer

in Looking for...

Posted by: Orion.1678

Orion.1678

I enjoy it here

in Looking for...

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Everyone like Yak’s

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Looking for...

Posted by: Cheloss.1453

Cheloss.1453

We already took 5 months in yak and what I like about us is that we never give up

Por la Razón o La Fuerza [CL]
Fuerte de Aspenwood

in Looking for...

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Don’t forget about the old YB Recruiting Commercial…

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kronyx.2570

Kronyx.2570

Also our Yak’s Bend Vintage Poster!

Attachments:

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]
Yaks Bend Allaince Commander [YBA]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Splifferton.9874

Splifferton.9874

I started playing the game around kitten months ago and Yaks was the server a few of my friends and I decided to start on.. the community has been great and really accepting and inviting.. The bigger guilds are all apart of our yaksbend.com website and everyone is willing to help each other out. If anyone is personally interested in transferring over or your a guild that is looking at a transfer I would strongly recommend a place like Yaks.. good people and lots of fun..

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Looking for...

Posted by: CptWheezy.6439

CptWheezy.6439

Plus – (as if the above posts weren’t enough) – if you play a thief and aren’t that good, the guild [BV] has a group of 2-2-2-2-2-2-2 thieves you can play with. If you don’t ever like to engage one-on-one, these guys will run with you and let you press your 2 button over and over. They aren’t really that good, but when you run in a group of 4-6 d/d thieves, you don’t have to be that good. So, there’s that too. Cheers.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ogeas.8235

Ogeas.8235

I’m one of the leaders of the largest chilean community (and one of the largest LA community in the game). We transfered to Yak’s Bend in December/January and we have had a lot of fun since. I’ve participated in epic SM sieges, awesome hill’s defenses and some bloody open field battles, but above all, is the friendly community that has made me not to regreat the desicion.

The will to improve, be better, and have fun have made me want to be part of the community, and to be part of the people to work/play everyday to make our community a great, happy and competitve one.

in Looking for...

Posted by: elmordil.2389

elmordil.2389

We have a great community in Yak’s bend. Feel free to join us in the defense and attack of the land of Tyria in WvW and the different events inside the game. Also i’m a leader of the CL alliance and i can say that this server is and example of integration, good manners inside the community and friendship, that is what we can offer in www.yaksbend.com to you and guild. Is a server who you can call “home”

We don’t care your language, your country or your strange hobbies xD, come, join us and over all things…

Have Fun!

Izhak-Thief CL
Húsares de la muerte GM
YB Alliance

in Looking for...

Posted by: shagworth.5017

shagworth.5017

Please no transfers from unemployed people, NEETs or students taking less than a full course load. We are the unofficial “mature server” for people that are busy with real life, and play this game whenever we have some free time to spare. We are not like all the other servers, full of neckbeards who think WvW is their job. Keep this in mind before you think about transferring to Yak’s Bend.

in Looking for...

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

I’ve come to this thread to ruin your fun and stir up drama. Hashtag magswag and whatnot!

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Looking for...

Kronyx.2570

Try your hardest

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Tormented Gizka.8190

Tormented Gizka.8190

Yeah, Yak’s Bend is a great WvW server. I spent a good long while there during the months of free server transfers, and though I did eventually migrate back to TC before free transfers ended, Yak’s will always hold a special place in my heart. In particular, I’d single out Rheayas and Spetrix as excellent commanders, though I don’t know if they’re still active.

But anyway. If I’d be anywhere else, it’d be Yak’s. (Honestly, there are days when I’d much rather be on Yak’s. TC’s a great community, too, but the WvW is very crowded and zergy.)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

I love you guys, miss fighting you Yak’s in WvW I always think of this when I think of YB and it makes me like you guys even more lol.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in Looking for...

Kronyx.2570

Yeah, Yak’s Bend is a great WvW server. I spent a good long while there during the months of free server transfers, and though I did eventually migrate back to TC before free transfers ended, Yak’s will always hold a special place in my heart. In particular, I’d single out Rheayas and Spetrix as excellent commanders, though I don’t know if they’re still active.

But anyway. If I’d be anywhere else, it’d be Yak’s. (Honestly, there are days when I’d much rather be on Yak’s. TC’s a great community, too, but the WvW is very crowded and zergy.)

Funny you mentioned me, because I posted right above you lol. Thanks for the support!

And likewise, TC is still one of my favorites! I always guest there to PvE.

Rheayas – 80 Guardian
Guild Leader Of [LOOT]

in Looking for...

Posted by: nikkistar.1409

nikkistar.1409

Plus – (as if the above posts weren’t enough) – if you play a thief and aren’t that good, the guild [BV] has a group of 2-2-2-2-2-2-2 thieves you can play with. If you don’t ever like to engage one-on-one, these guys will run with you and let you press your 2 button over and over. They aren’t really that good, but when you run in a group of 4-6 d/d thieves, you don’t have to be that good. So, there’s that too. Cheers.

Actually, we are d/p backstab thieves, and p/d condition thieves. Get it right, sir. And it’s not 2 over and over, because you run out of initiative silly. It’s 3-11111111-2-1111111111-2.

Anyways, the community at yak’s bend is some of the best I have ever seen in an MMO. People are genuinely friendly and willing to help. BV currently has a full roster, but there are so many great guilds on our server, that any new transfer would have an open spot, and welcomed with open arms.

[Yak’s Bend] [BV] Blackwater ‘Buttwater’ Vanguard – Leader
Ele/Nanumee – Mez/Boba Bunny – Thief/Star Shadowfang

in Looking for...

Posted by: Runehand.9368

Runehand.9368

I was in Yak’s Bend before it was cool.

Zherbus – Yak’s Bend
Bookahs on [AciD]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Boose.6201

Boose.6201

Wah.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dethroat.3514

Dethroat.3514

YB has a great community, and the communities the Guilds themselves grow here are amazing!

Dethroat – Human – Necromancer – War is Hell [WAR] Leader
Tarnished Coast

in Looking for...

Posted by: Kengaras Thelgaard.3849

Kengaras Thelgaard.3849

I’ve been playing on Yak’s Bend since the first BWE, and I can prove they are the best, most understanding, community in Guild Wars 2. They have yet to take up a collection and bribe me to transfer to another server for WvW

Kengaras Thelgaard
Guild Silvertree [Str]
The Unofficial Worst Player of Guild Wars 2™

in Looking for...

Splifferton.9874

I’ve been playing on Yak’s Bend since the first BWE, and I can prove they are the best, most understanding, community in Guild Wars 2. They have yet to take up a collection and bribe me to transfer to another server for WvW

Why would we do that.. We need the unofficial worst player in GW2 on our side…

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Itukaaj.5628

Itukaaj.5628

It is a great community. Fun people online. We have been blessed that our WvW success such as it is has been a result of the existing population. When there were Tiers we made it up to T3. We have been blessed in that we didn’t ahve rollercoaster but we have had to do WvW against many servers who got some population growth. AS a server we have grown in our skill cap in WvW.

We do have some Australians on but they need some company. Anyone from Hawaii to Tibet would be warmly welcomed in particular. Our biggest issue in WvW right now is coverage.

We do admire and try to learn from other servers.

I know that there are public Teamspeaks and Mumbles provided for Yaks Bend use. We have a server website to have a community interaction. The community website is a live one and the community is very engaged. As far as personality. we have personalities on the server. If there is friction or guild friction it is usually resolved within a couple of weeks because the community encourages everyone to settle things and people involved step up to do the right thing time in and time out. Any kind of shady or skecthy is generally not tolerated. We try to police ourselves and most active server members are adults.

I advise you to visit our web page and check it out.

Ayjay Reckless-necro
YOHO (A Pirates Life for Me)

in Looking for...

Serenity.8246

Our members not only care about the server’s well being but also the forum’s! To show pride in our server and to support the forum, members of our community put together something pretty awesome and amazing, The Yaks Bend Store!

Thank you Soulblazer for the fantastic poster you put together!

Thank you Pooka for putting this fantastic store together and ensuring the proceeds help fund our awesome forums!

Thank you to everyone that buys something to show the world how nerdy you truly are!

This is just one way our server is amazing and why those of you looking for a new home should check us out!

http://www.cafepress.com/yaksbendstore

in Looking for...

Splifferton.9874

we offer free popsicles!!!

Little Grundle [RAM]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Amy.4520

Amy.4520

I chose Yak’s Bend at launch. Because it is the home for several mature gaming communities such as The Old Timers Guild [OTG], The Older Gamers [TOG], and Tempest Gaming [TGC], I hoped that the rest of the YB community would be mature, responsible, and respectful. In almost a year of playing, I have not been disappointed. The vast majority of Yaks have a positive attitude. Their passion for gaming is balanced with respect for their opponents and each other.

It is a pleasure to fight alongside my fellow Yaks!

I am biased, of course, so I thought I would include a couple of our opponent’s quotes from some past Match-Up threads commenting on our sportsmanship and respect both in game and on the forums (emphasis mine).

I am liking this match-up as well. And, one thing to mention; many times I’ve been rolled over by a group of Yaks or DH and get nothing but respect from you guys…. I’ve gotten more bows from you guys in the last 2 days than all the [other servers’ names removed] encounters in one week. Not a single player has laughed after a confrontation, and that’s great sportsmanship. . . .

Hope we get this match-up again, not only for the close scores but for the forum thread. The servers in the tiers above and below us would probably be good matches, but you go and scan their threads and it’s 95% idiotic garbage posts.

I am proud to be a Yak!!

~ Yak’s Bend ~

in Looking for...

Serenity.8246

Just a bump to let everyone know we’re still here and still welcoming any who may want to join us!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jonstern.8326

Jonstern.8326

epic epic epic epic!

Team Micro™
Tarnished Coast
Jonstern Guild Leader/Driver

in Looking for...

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

I started out on Yaks Bend and moved to Fort Aspenwood a few months later. Im back now(not sure how long) and looking for a wvw focused guild. If theres one like this out there then send me an invite please!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

Our guild just transferred to Yak’s Bend last night. The welcome we received within literally the first 30 minutes of being on the server was impressive. We were set up almost immediately on the public Teamspeak and on the community website, both of which are very active. We joined in to play with others on the server and we found that we could not have chosen a better place to move to. Very organized.

in Looking for...

Posted by: mauler.5694

mauler.5694

Welcome aboard HvC….glad you chose the Bend

Killa Zombie – Necromancer

in Looking for...

mauler.5694

www.ybbl.enjin.com

in Looking for...

mauler.5694

Give Yak’s bend a look!

- Very mature environment
- No WvW drama, very clean community
- Pugs know what they are doing and can defend a fortification and hold it for some time
- TS3 Server for cooperation
- Server Forums – www.ybbl.enjin.com
- Sharing of builds and set up for different types of playing – zerging/havok/single roaming
- Very helpful PVE community
- Oceanics can hold their own against a more populated server

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

Hello Yaks!

Your Server is notorious for it’s community in my circle of influence. I just had a few general questions.

Yaks is in the top tier of Silver Ranked servers, currently. What would you project or guess that Yaks will be sitting come league play?

The fact that you are boasting a community first, WvW second server is mouth watering. That notion aside, where would you like to be sitting at the end of the first 7 weeks?

Do you want Gold tier? Do you think you will hit Gold at the end of the 7? I’m only asking because it’s something I am seeking to avoid. I’m a causal minded player who plays hard core hours.

I want variety in my WvW experience and sadly it’s something I’m not getting at home, therefore I need to step out. My WvW night can consist of a number of WvW flavors. I like the lowbie madness, playing the survival game. I love to play Sim Fort and build a tower up while picking up random tussles around that specific area. I enjoy some small man roam in addition to (limited) zerg time.

Thanks for the Thread. I’ll be sharing out the information.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in Looking for...

mauler.5694

Yak’s Bend is a great place to call home. A great mix of everything here. Come join us.

http://www.ybbl.enjin.com

Come get ya some http://www.cafepress.com/yaksbendstore

(edited by mauler.5694)

in Looking for...

Posted by: revx.4378

revx.4378

Hello!! Come to Yaks!

http://www.ybbl.enjin.com

RevX PMS
PMS|H2O Guild Wars 2 Division Co-Leader

in Looking for...

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

Hello Yaks!

Your Server is notorious for it’s community in my circle of influence. I just had a few general questions.

Yaks is in the top tier of Silver Ranked servers, currently. What would you project or guess that Yaks will be sitting come league play?

The fact that you are boasting a community first, WvW second server is mouth watering. That notion aside, where would you like to be sitting at the end of the first 7 weeks?

Do you want Gold tier? Do you think you will hit Gold at the end of the 7? I’m only asking because it’s something I am seeking to avoid. I’m a causal minded player who plays hard core hours.

YB is currently aiming for rank 13 and therefore silver league, and at the end of the 7 week league we would like to be on top of silver league. Now i don’t know how exactly things will work, but i am sure most Yaks would like to stay in silver league once the next league period starts. But we will have to see where we end up, we are currently working on getting rank 13 and staying there. Hope that answers your questions.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Looking for...

Sumwun.3846

Thanks for the feed back. what about coverage? I don’t necessarily mean WvW coverage, but I have some friends that are spread out across time zones. Ukraine, Norway, Alaska, Australia, Japan, East Coast, West Coast, Middle coast. would they be able to find a decent amount of adventure be it WvW or PvE large scale event stuff?

A problem that some of my friends and I are falling into is that the population of our current server is draining pretty fast and time is running short. what’s worse for them and it saddens me they experience this but; they simply can not find people to do things with off prime hours where we currently are. And much like any family, you never want to see someone leave, especially if they don’t really want to.

our normal non prime friends regale us with tales if two-somes running from tower to tower as zergs melt them down unopposed. I’m not complaining, but I can imagine why some wouldn’t want to continue playing like this.

I’ve looked at the site, and need to register to look more. But if my friends are happy, and I find myself in a great community at the same time, I’m not too sure I could ask for much more.

maybe a pizza party.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

I can only tell about my own observations, and that seems to be that YB PvE community is not in the decline, but more or less stable. Overflow happens during initial phases of new Living World content, but i won’t lie and say that YB doesn’t have problems like other servers, and that is that zones can be pretty empty at times, while others got Champion trains. Coverage is not a problem during US daytime, but there are considerably less people outside of that. I for myself am from Europe, and i see far less people around during my daytime, but there are still people there, and most World bosses still get enough people to get the event done. I won’t lie, you will find zones and events outside of NA primetime where you won’t find people around.

About WvW, YB is recovering from a few guilds leaving, but we got a decent Oceanic/European coverage again, enough to defend our BL, unless we face servers that outman us, like this week. We got capable commanders and players in WvW, although there are servers who will tell you otherwise.

Overall the community on YB is quite good, although i for myself consider changing servers, but for my own personal reasons, not because of the community.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gulagman.9045

Gulagman.9045

Hello Yaks!

I want variety in my WvW experience and sadly it’s something I’m not getting at home, therefore I need to step out. My WvW night can consist of a number of WvW flavors. I like the lowbie madness, playing the survival game. I love to play Sim Fort and build a tower up while picking up random tussles around that specific area. I enjoy some small man roam in addition to (limited) zerg time.

Thanks for the Thread. I’ll be sharing out the information.

I believe Yaks has more than enough firepower to take 1st place in silver. As for gold tier, with the current shifting of guilds from one server to the next (see SBI, IoJ) and the shuffling of ranks, it’s HIGHLY unpredictable the new ranking for any server after the leagues. I can tell you that whatever league/tier YB is put into, we will fight it out. We do not back away from facing a more stacked server.

As for small man roamers, we do have a lot of folks who do that. You will find them as enjoyable as zerging. If you would like to join a roaming guild on WvW, I can direct you to the appropriate people after you transfer over.

As for coverage, YB has people on pretty much all the time, with the low being US mornings and high being US nights. Our oceanics can handle themselves quite well unless it’s against a superstacked server. One of the strengths of YB is that even if we are outmanned, we still manage to outplay our opponents. Defense is instilled in our wvw folks.

PVE occurs 24/7. You will find people at events all the time, esp after daily reset. The new lfg tool should make dungeoning a lot easier. If you want, guest over to YB for some daily PVE and see for yourself.

Thanks for your interest. Hope this helps.

FSP

in Looking for...

Sumwun.3846

Tremendously. Thanks to all for the feedback. It’s greatly appreciated.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

Yak’s Bend holding strong in the middle of Silver League. A great place to be for tons of actions and great gameplay. Surely a contender during the season. We’re always looking to expand.

Come check us out. http://ybbl.enjin.com/home

in Looking for...

Posted by: RoChan.1926

RoChan.1926

Take advantage of the reduced transfers and consider Yak’s Bend your new home!

Yak’s Bend has one of the best communities I have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. We love to fight, to have fun, and we do care. Last night we were running around all in pink to support Breast Cancer Awareness month. We’ll plunge into the enemy spawn in quaggan tonics with fireworks after pushing them back. Want a golem rush? No problem! We sometimes take 40 just for fun!

Join the evil empire today!

Optee Kaal Allusion | The Evil Empire
[TRY][POV]
“Kitten the yaks, so persistent about everything.” -Ebay