2 Greens for Rank 1000... seriously?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It’s obviously not a surprise, it was expected after all.
But still I must hallucinate: is this a joke?

Impossible achievements in WvW but no achievements at all for reaching rank 1000. A title for playing bletcher’s bluff but no title for 1000 WvW ranks.

Random chest rewards, and nothing to rewards effort. These should scale with rank, or we should have special chests at specific rank numbers.

Not that I care anymore, but you have to admit it’s totally broken.

Attachments:

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Well, there is no effort in running EotM karma train (which award much more wxp than regular wvw mind you), so I don’t mind that there isn’t some big guaranteed thing to come out of these wvw ranks. I’m 1407 and I assure you the only useful item I got from wvw rank up was a rabid ascended ring. All the rest was either salvaged (Rares that worth less than 50s and exotics that worth less than 3g) or sold.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

i’m not sure what rank i am right now,should be around 2270 maybe a bit more,so far i got one /1/ ascended armor box,cleric stats /i have no use of this stats/ and 3 or 4 rings and thats all.
i’m not expecting anything from Anet/NCsoft anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I have gotten maybe a dozen ascended items in wvw since they improve the drop rate. Wvw rank are just about time spent in wvw. I slow down on the amount of wvw I have been doing since season 2. Before it was 40-50 wvw lvl a week, now it is 4-5. After gold invader I realized their is no progressiong left in wvw. Without my wvw guild I would have stop completely.

After season 2 the angry people left wvw and gw2. Months of no response from A-net on what they are doing to improve wvw. No quality of life update for wvw. That should have happen before s2 or shortly after it but nothing. Wvw has died down alot.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

its not hard to figure that the rank chests are not scale by rank, you are rank 1000 and didn’t get that yet? people don’t even know how to troll

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

I just wanted to illustrate the point that there is just no sense of progression at all with rank rewards (contrary to achievement chests for example).

Thanks for the replies. TY silent developers for reading.

in WvW

Posted by: proviticus.4183

proviticus.4183

there should be no progression with rewards, as the amount of wxp required per rank doesn’t change. If rewards improved you would be unfairly rewarded for the same amount of work as a lower rank.

If they want to scale up rewards they’d have to continuously scale up xp required too, so instead of rank 1000 you might only be rank 100. It’s not a bad idea, but they’d have to have mastery points rewarded on a scale too, othewise it would be impossible to get your wvw masteries.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I became Gold Invader tonight. In almost 1400 ranks I got 2 ascended rings (one of which has zerker stats, the other is useless), a few exotics (10-15?) and rares (I’d say maybe one every 10 ranks on average?).

The other day I did a few PVE world events to gather some money. In about 2 hours I got about 10 rares and 2 exotics just spamming autoattack…

The reward level from WvW is abysmal.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Impossible achievements in WvW but no achievements at all for reaching rank 1000. A title for playing bletcher’s bluff but no title for 1000 WvW ranks.

Random chest rewards, and nothing to rewards effort. These should scale with rank, or we should have special chests at specific rank numbers.

Don’t you feel like youve totally accomplished something now ? 1000 ranks and 2 greens as a reward…Only anet.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

what actually happens if you refuse ive never tried it before

does it go sit in its corner and annoy you until you accept it

sounds like a needy girlfriend

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Yes… That’s what happen.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Yes… That’s what happen.

the fog has lifted

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

I photoshoped the refuse button in… Because I wish I could refuse such a ridiculous reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

ANet has never understood loot or built a good loot system. GW1 was horrid and GW2 is bad. If this game had a decent loot system, it would easily be the best MMO ever made.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If ranks were actually difficult or worthwhile to try to obtain…then sure.

I see that EotM minimap and…its basically free loot for filling a bar, for running around capping things which gives more free loot, while zerging mobs that give free loot….in a zone build for free clockwise free loot…

Wait a second….

I want better gameplay, not more effing handouts, this is laughable to complain about really.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

I see that EotM minimap and…its basically free loot for filling a bar, for running around capping things which gives more free loot, while zerging mobs that give free loot….in a zone build for free clockwise free loot…

Wait a second….

I want better gameplay, not more effing handouts, this is laughable to complain about really.

You clearly don’t understand the issue at hand,which is completing a task that takes Months to complete ( Talking WvW,not the pve champtrain thats called Eotm ) and his reward for doing this was 2 greens.When completing such tasks the reward should be of more significance and not based on RNG random drops you can find anywhere else.Every other Mmo out there understands this,Anet on the other hand does not and keeps handing out rewards,simple or hard based on RNG,and you might end up getting nothing but greens.You might end up getting a better reward for something that takes 30m to complete opposed to what the OP described..a thing that takes months to complete and end up with..a green,which is simply wrong.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in WvW

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Wait a second….

You clearly don’t understand the issue at hand,which is completing a task that takes Months to complete ( Talking WvW,not the pve champtrain thats called Eotm ) and his reward for doing this was 2 greens.When completing such tasks the reward should be of more significance and not based on RNG random drops you can find anywhere else.Every other Mmo out there understands this,Anet on the other hand does not and keeps handing out rewards,simple or hard based on RNG,and you might end up getting nothing but greens.You might end up getting a better reward for something that takes 30m to complete opposed to what the OP described..a thing that takes months to complete and end up with..a green,which is simply wrong.

You clearly didn’t understand what I said then. Getting X rank is not a task, it is something that progresses naturally by completing other smaller tasks. These smaller tasks provide loot, and after completing several of these tasks (did I mention they give loot?) you get extra loot because a little bar filled.

People complaining about this, cannot possibly know how to weigh reward to effort, they value their time far more than they value their capabilities, that is the fundamental flaw with the reward system.

If Ranks had some challenge, or feat of skill involved…like I said in my post, sure, the rewards should be better….but its extra loot on top of loot you get for completing things that add to that blue bar….that is it.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

Wait a second….

You clearly didn’t understand what I said then. Getting X rank is not a task, it is something that progresses naturally by completing other smaller tasks. These smaller tasks provide loot, and after completing several of these tasks (did I mention they give loot?) you get extra loot because a little bar filled.

People complaining about this, cannot possibly know how to weigh reward to effort, they value their time far more than they value their capabilities, that is the fundamental flaw with the reward system.

If Ranks had some challenge, or feat of skill involved…like I said in my post, sure, the rewards should be better….but its extra loot on top of loot you get for completing things that add to that blue bar….that is it.

I do understood you,but you clearly didn’t understood a word i said.It’s about the time invested in getting such a high rank,same goes for spvp.Getting a green drop when you get to rank 1000 is wrong on so many levels,when you get the same kind of loot from hitting a Moa in randomland.

in WvW

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

I’m sure you earned plenty on your journey to 1,000. Going from 999 to 1,000 shouldn’t grant you anymore than any other level. Although I agree a title would be nice. I don’t wear titles anyways, though, because I think they’re lame.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Should just add in some kind of Reward/Achievement system with ranks, as in every 100 ranks you get 10 AP and a nice reward every 250ish. 100 ranks takes way longer to achiev then getting the LS meta done every 2weeks.

Just my thoughts on making it a bit more interesting then the good ole RNG crap.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

100 ranks takes way longer to achiev then getting the LS meta done every 2weeks.

Not true when you can earn wxp on EotM karma train

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

100 ranks takes way longer to achiev then getting the LS meta done every 2weeks.

Not true when you can earn wxp on EotM karma train

thats just for 10AP, how many you get completing the meta 50+?

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Biggusbiggus.5789

Biggusbiggus.5789

I only get on twice a week and mostly roaming, so my rank is only 570. In that time I’ve had four rings drop (two sold to merchant), two weapon chests (both celestial), and two armour chests (zerk & cleric). Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I would only think so because of the stats of some of the gear. I am of the opinion that a lot of the stat combinations on gear are pretty useless. I’d be happier to get greens than crappy ascended gear – at least I can salvage those, and keep my bags empty.

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I became Gold Invader tonight. In almost 1400 ranks I got 2 ascended rings (one of which has zerker stats, the other is useless), a few exotics (10-15?) and rares (I’d say maybe one every 10 ranks on average?).

The other day I did a few PVE world events to gather some money. In about 2 hours I got about 10 rares and 2 exotics just spamming autoattack…

And what do you do in www and eotm ? Spam same auto attack. Zerglet.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Wait a second….

I do understood you,but you clearly didn’t understood a word i said.It’s about the time invested in getting such a high rank,same goes for spvp.Getting a green drop when you get to rank 1000 is wrong on so many levels,when you get the same kind of loot from hitting a Moa in randomland.

Moa hits back.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Wait a second….

Well to my defence, after spending 3 hours of WvW raid with my guild I only got from 997 to 999 (in WvW, because that’s what EXS do 6 days a week) I ended up at level 999, then I went to EOTM to rank up to 1000. So before calling everyone of taking part in EOTM karma trains you should think twice. Maybe at max 250 of those 1000 ranks might have been EOTM (I was rank 500 before EOTM came out) but who cares?..

The point is that the reward system doesn’t value long-term playing: complete randomization doesn’t feel rewarding.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

The point is that the reward system doesn’t value long-term playing: complete randomization doesn’t feel rewarding.

That’s a casual game… Don’t expect rewards for long-term play.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I got my first and only ascended chest at rank 999. Prior to and afterwards I have gotten maybe 2 or 3 exotics and a bunch of rares. I’m now rank 1,151 Silver Colonel, which is approaching Gold rank, and still get greens and blues. I know how you feel :P.

It would be really nice if upon reaching certain bench marks we could display our ranks as a title similar to how you can display certain achievements as titles. And I definitely wouldn’t object to set rewards at specific ranks like maybe a guaranteed exotic every 100 – 200 ranks or something and a guaranteed ascended chest at rank 1,000.

I don’t play WvW for loot, rewards or gold but it’s hard to deny the disappointment one must feel when reaching very high ranks only to be rewarded with garbage.

EDIT:
And for the record, since I see a lot of people siting EOTM here, the only time I go to Edge is to level alts. Which has happened a total of once. I gained a lot of ranks in 78 levels, but that’s really about all the time I’ve spent there.. I’m only a high rank because from the time I started playing GW2 until now, I really haven’t done much else.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Wait a second….

The way I see it is that if they want to reward us at all, it should be something of value, or not reward us with anything. It’s like giving your kid a toy every time he/she spends time doing something productive, but that toy is the same useless boring toy every day that they cannot enjoy or even give away if they wanted to. Why reward the kid if the reward feels more like an insult than appreciation?

Still, I very much agree that rank up chests are little more than filling up a bar and getting loot for doing nothing. I just think that if they’re going to reward us, it should be worth our time to obtain the reward.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

I agree, sometimes the rewards seem a little sad, for the effort put in by most people.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

And what do you do in www and eotm ? Spam same auto attack. Zerglet.

ye, pretty much, I have a lot of videos of spamming 1 in my channel

(edited by Menaka.5092)

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

This thread is dead….

like WvW loot tables.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I dont understand. Almost rank 700 and i have gotten 4 ascended rings, maybe a dozen exotics, a lot of rares, 2 ascended weapon chest, wp kegs.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Well, there is no effort in running EotM karma train (which award much more wxp than regular wvw mind you), so I don’t mind that there isn’t some big guaranteed thing to come out of these wvw ranks. I’m 1407 and I assure you the only useful item I got from wvw rank up was a rabid ascended ring. All the rest was either salvaged (Rares that worth less than 50s and exotics that worth less than 3g) or sold.

Excuse me?

To be able to get to 1000 rank – you would have had to do a LOT of WvW – MINUS EOTM before it was ever made.

How about sticking to the subject at hand, please?

Rewards for “upper” levels have suffered and been ignored – forever.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Good.

I don’t want another grind.

WvW should be played for fun.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I don’t understand why you think I posted out of the topic.

He complained “Why, after so much time to get to rank 1000, I’m not rewarded with somenthing big?”.
And I said “Look dude, I’m in a rank much higher than yours and barely received anything useful along the way. But it doesn’t bother me because I know it’s super easy to farm wxp thanks to EotM K-train, which mean that some people wouldn’t go through all the trouble that we go to get these rewards by doing regular wvw”.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

RNG on its best !!!

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Is there a chance reward were ‘dumbed’ down? Not played much world vs world since the first two weeks of the last tournament. Reason i ask is because the loot/rewards in pve in fairly abysmal these days too.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

I would feel sympathy if that wasn’t in EotM.

in WvW

Caedmon.6798

I don’t understand why you think I posted out of the topic.

He complained “Why, after so much time to get to rank 1000, I’m not rewarded with somenthing big?”.
And I said “Look dude, I’m in a rank much higher than yours and barely received anything useful along the way. But it doesn’t bother me because I know it’s super easy to farm wxp thanks to EotM K-train, which mean that some people wouldn’t go through all the trouble that we go to get these rewards by doing regular wvw”.

This is Not about Eotm solely.As more it’s about WvW and the lack of significant rewards that don’t scale based on your progress.Like someone else also said,we have stupid titles around for basically everything…But look at WvW ( I think a year back or longer they actually said they were gonna adress this since the achievs from wvw are whack and dont make sense ) But offcourse,nothing has happend,anet is alot of talk and promises without ever backing that talk up with actions.You would expect a nice title when you hit a rank as high as 1000,you would expect a Proper reward Based on Progression ( we dont care about “Random” loot you can find anywhere else ) that’s more of significance,a “Unique” skin ( Not the tourney crap that everyone else is wearing ) only to be earned when reaching such a rank.Etc etc etc….
This is not about cashing in a large amount of loot in a short amount of time in eotm by going from champ to champ with the pve train,i dont even consider eotm to be part of wvw at all,its a pve/pvp playground where people tend to do more pve anyways..But this is about WvW and the Lack of proper rewards.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)