50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

@Hickeroar

That’s assuming you find those fights. If one say logs in at 1 am during a weekday the lands are probably barren, particularly if you happen to be on the dominant server at that timeslot, pvdooring with zero resistance gets old fast.

Can’t argue with that. 1am for TC is still pretty hot, but 4am (for comparison’s sake)…not so much. FA likes to stay up late, but Mag and DB all seemed to go to bed around 11pm or midnight. One of my favorite things about FA is how late late they fight…..and boy do they fight.

Also: I think the PvDoor mechanics that have developed since launch are really detrimental. The fact that a server can be so populus compared to their rival that they can stand there for 10 minutes and autoattack a door down without any checks….well, it kinda hints at a core problem with matchups and balancing. That’s not fun for anyone. Offense or Defense.

Lawls, no matter how late/hard we try to fight/defend, outnumbered is still outnumbered. And besides most of us doesnt stay up late normally, its just that we have that small number of ppl from that timezone.

Sounds like you need to come up to T1, were there is round the clock fights!

I would love to really, but its kinda pointless when its just a lagfest like someone posted earlier.. so meh..

Depends on your hardware. If you still on a CPU that was the cool factor of 5 years past you are gonna be bottlenecked.

Frankly the only times my FPS drops below 15 is when 3 servers are stacked inside the SM Lords room on reset, lol. Otherwise it’s smooth and very much playable.

my hardware’s pretty new as well, but my point is small scale fight such as 40v40 is way more fun then 80v80, which is just a spamming of buttons in the midst of wadever stuff you can see on your screen. guess t1 just isnt my kind of thing.

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

I would love to be able to transfer to EU for a few weeks and see what it’s like over there without having to shell out $50 for the ability.

wut? if you think the game is region locked, it’s not. there is no difference between the NA and EU client. it just takes 5~10min to transfer to EU rather than being instant.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Caliban.3176

Caliban.3176

I would love to be able to transfer to EU for a few weeks and see what it’s like over there without having to shell out $50 for the ability.

wut? if you think the game is region locked, it’s not. there is no difference between the NA and EU client. it just takes 5~10min to transfer to EU rather than being instant.

I think he is talking about the gemcost.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
7.2k+ hours played on Minesweeper

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

I think he is talking about the gemcost.

even 1800 gems isn’t $50 :p i figured he was talking about getting a new copy of the game cause thats about how much it costs.

regardless..

Good job transferring to the most stacked server 3 times?

probably the best response to this thread.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I saw this thread, and thought the linked video would be a great chance to learn some Tier 1 tactics to help me get better at WvW. Then I watched the first 30 seconds of the video, and it was just him on an AC.

/mindblown

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

I saw this thread, and thought the linked video would be a great chance to learn some Tier 1 tactics to help me get better at WvW. Then I watched the first 30 seconds of the video, and it was just him on an AC.

/mindblown

And the rest of the video is spent on pressing 1 in staff repeatedly to tag kills.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I think the title should be changed from:

50 “Tier 1” WvW wins

to

50 Tier 1 WvW “wins”

Mag Server Leader

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: rmBossa.4621

rmBossa.4621

the ppt is strong in this one.

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Easterbunny.6170

Easterbunny.6170

You know, I have 2 relevant experiences to share here.

I like games with good realm vs realm fighting. I played 2 other ones prior to this:

The first was DAOC. I played Easterbunny, a shaman, with a group of players that were hella fun to play with. Actually 2 guilds/groups. I never changed servers/sides, and we were on the weakest side on our server, midgard. Albion was stronges, hibbie was 2nd. But we scrapped. We fought HARD. And it was FUN. So much fun that I still remember it and that was a longass time ago. I remember specific experiences and people from that time.

The other was Warhammer, the game with so much promise that got it wrong. I ran with the top pvp guild on the server, and when they ran they were dominant. The guild switched sides, actually in an attempt to self balance a server. I had already moved from another server due to population, and to be honest all the moving makes the whole game experience a blur for me.

This is just my own opinion, and does not cast aspersions on the OP (well it does, I suppose) but leaving a server when its down, changing to the winning side. That’s not something to crow about. Without some pride of place/pride of group a side cant move up the scale. The guys you left behind suffered for your 50 whooptie doos. I don’t see why anyone would celebrate that.

IMO making friends, getting a group together that takes pride in what they do, and fighting hard no matter the circumstances is something to celebrate, but that’s just my 2c.

Grats on being #1? I’m betting there’s a lot of people in your wake who feel like you took a #2 on them.

Mummies R Us
Gates of Madness Community
DUI Co-Founder

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Everyday I’m transferrin’.

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Everyday I’m transferrin’.

Attachments:

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I read the original post and thought for sure the poster would be skewered… a few barbs but nothing too bad. Not sure if I am proud that this forum didn’t devolve or a bit sad.

I do know this (from experience) be prepared for a few brutal in game messages. Hopefully you won’t have to suffer any.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Our experience in T1 differed a lot of times. They’ve learned a different meta up there. A lot of them don’t fight because in T1, if you lose a fight, you lose a keep along with it a lot of times…. They run when we’re used to fighting in lower tiers. It’s not a cowardly thing, so don’t think I am implying that, but they have learned a different game that many of us just don’t find all that….attractive.

.. huh? I don’t think you understand the meta at all. I can’t speak for the other T1 servers but I’m sure it is pretty similar to SOR’s. I’m sure TC wants to fight over this supply camp, but when our garrison in another BL is getting golem rushed we will pull out and port to go save it. Call it “running” if you wish, but that is the advantage of having a community-wide teamspeak server. If we run past from a fight it is usually because there is a much larger fire to put out. All the guilds have been wiped countless times, no one is afraid of dying.

I was referring to the even-numbered fights that were being retreated from repeatedly, with the opposing server just barricading back inside the tower or keep. It wasn’t about porting out, because as soon as we turned around everyone would pour back out of the tower/keep….until we turned back around. This happened continually and was very frustrating.

The lag is also definitely not overstated. Very few open field fights were free of noticeable skill lag. It’s flat-out awful. I could stand T1 weeks if this single factor wasn’t at play, but the skill lag is so horrible that most of us don’t want to get anywhere near it. It’s really bad.

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I’m talking about the cost, not the time. You have to spend money, or…at this point…shell out about 150 gold for the gems to transfer there and back.

Though you raise an interesting point. It’d be cheaper to just buy a second copy of the game. :P

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

When is this thead going to get back on the original topic, which is enshrining Cuteypie as “Grand High Poobah of ALL fairweathers”.

I’m surprised the opportunity is being missed to create a guild called “Fairweather” and just transfer to every server that is a T1 contender and post weekly updates on how they carried that server to victory by killing sentries in the home borderlands.

Or a mod can close this den of trolls, whatever.

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Skeletor.9360

Skeletor.9360

Here is your trophy.
Good job.
You are the greatest person ever.
Might want to look up narcissist….

50 "Tier 1" WvW wins

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

I have hit my milestone of seeing 884 gold medals awarded in WvW on the MOS!

I just want to thank all the wvw players from all servers who did the work I couldn’t, and who have better coverage than I alone can accomplish.

WE ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB