A note on posting in WvW (Don't do it!)

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I realize the bumping old posts can be quite annoying but I believe the reason it’s done is because the lack of responses and content WvW has received lately.

If you look at half of the bumped threads they are all promises of content that we’ve not seen.

Bumping old threads is a reminder to the developers that false promises do not fall on deaf ears.

(edited by grifflyman.8102)

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

because the lack of content WvW has received lately.

Whats that? Is content something to eat? Or some skritt shinies?
I dont think Anet knows what “WvW content” means

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I do find the utter lack of communication and silence rather sad.

PvE and PvP both have showcases on twitch and far more active people across their respective forums.

The fact that the Lead cannot or will not talk out of “fear of disappointing players” is rather sad. It may be a no win scenario in his mind, but there is something to be said about public relations and maintaining a happy community and player base.

That said, given previous actions i don’t think anything will change, that’s why they’ve all but shunned any WvW community movements onto other forums.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: OmNiCiDe.3459

OmNiCiDe.3459

Why would anet waste development time on something that is going to devolve into massive Zergs playing ring around the rosy for XP and Loot doing everything in their power to avoid fights?

There is plenty of content there already, but noone willing to use it the way its meant to be used

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Why would anet waste development time on something that is going to devolve into massive Zergs playing ring around the rosy for XP and Loot doing everything in their power to avoid fights?

There is plenty of content there already, but noone willing to use it the way its meant to be used

Either someone missed the Irony train or posted in the WvW forum accidentally…

Why would ANet prioritize those very same issues in PvE but not in WvW ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Did at least some of you noticed that we (or some rather “loud” of us) are the reason why we have worser forum rules and no developer interaction anymore?

Instead of wasting time sorting out the massive amount of troll-garbage in the forum, they seem to seek and follow new way of community interaction. The german community manager founded a round table with large guilds (1 per german server) and their 2nd topic was WvW. Here is a link to the protocol http://forum.gw2community.de/Thread/1028-Protokoll-Runder-Tisch-24-07-14/?postID=9055#post9055 Main version is in german, but on the bottom is a button to an english version as well.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Hule.8794

Dayra it was not germnan community manager founding that round table, that was guilds inviting him.
And wneh CDIs were launched, players almost instantly turned to good guy and posted in those CDIs very constructive feedback.
After few months without any other message players started turning bad to bad guys. That is completely normal behavior.
If you wil lgo to shop looking for shop manager, you will wait patiently when they say to you to wait. After few minutes your became enraged, after hour without any answer and contact you will be angry. After 2 hours you will leave. That normal behavior when somebody is clearly ignoring you.
Now Anet is ignoring a lot more players than one guy.

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Did at least some of you noticed that we (or some rather “loud” of us) are the reason why we have worser forum rules and no developer interaction anymore?

Except that most of the thing that came out in that round table has been proposed in this forum by “us”.

in WvW

Hule.8794

Xilllix forgot to say those things were proposed year ago, some of them even from beta.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

I did not say that the community opinion cannot be extracted from the forum. Of course it can.

I only said that the noise-level in the forum is much higher, such that it is cheaper, to let someone else do the filtering.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

because the lack of content WvW has received lately.

Whats that? Is content something to eat? Or some skritt shinies?

It’s the worst swear word there is, whoever says it gets banished off of the cliff.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ignoring the user base and posting threats is a great way to calm down forums.

ANet used to have a lot of defenders but most have either left or came to the dark side. What lives here now is mostly their own doing and not from a handful of typical forum trolls.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

It means be content with what you have, you aint getting anything else!

See that, I made a play on words.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)