All star game?

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Dsybok.1405

Dsybok.1405

Might be a silly idea, but just for fun I would like to see a matchup between the Gold/Silver/Bronze league winners for the ultimate WvW championship after the season ends.

Might be a predictable result, but never know until you do it.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

If you mean BG vs. FA vs. HoD, then lol…

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Might be a silly idea, but just for fun I would like to see a matchup between the Gold/Silver/Bronze league winners for the ultimate WvW championship after the season ends.

lol are you kidding?

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Better idea, why not put your server there instead? BG vs FA vs Ferg. Never know until you do it.

All star game?

in WvW

Dsybok.1405

lol are you kidding?

No, I am not. So far each league has been dominated by a single server having won all of their matchups. I think it would be entertaining to see those 3 matched up against each other should they all run the table.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

You would see this at the end of the match

BG 680k+
FA 100
HoD 98

[DONE]

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

lol are you kidding?

No, I am not. So far each league has been dominated by a single server having won all of their matchups. I think it would be entertaining to see those 3 matched up against each other should they all run the table.

And this theoretical match would have the same result. It would be a horrible match for everyone involved and it wouldn’t be entertaining at all.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You can imagine the reaction from many of my fellow Desolationers especially from our Pug population, once they realize that we have to face Vizunah once again this year…

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

definitely no!
bg has like twice fa’s coverage and fa has like 3 times hod’s coverage….so that matchup would be pointless.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaamau.5341

Kaamau.5341

muahahahaha……… More like punishment match! you stack on a server to win your league! So now enjoy getting farmed or having nothing to do besides sitting on a ballista by their spawn!

Fort Aspenwood
PRAISE GEESUS

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

muahahahaha……… More like punishment match! you stack on a server to win your league! So now enjoy getting farmed or having nothing to do besides sitting on a ballista by their spawn!

only because u got matched up with servers that are way more populated than u, doesent mean they deserve punishment. yes there are servers that stacked.
yes there are servers that bought guilds(they have been suffering the consequences with terrible queues), but there are also servers that didnt stack, that actually lost guilds and then a few guilds joined them(like fa that had one of their biggest guild taken by jq and 2 other guilds left because they gave up on the server), also there are servers that didnt make it to gold or silver league and then ended up below where they dominate most of the other servers.
just because u feel the urge to get revenge for a bad, broken matchup, doesent justify enough to punish the winning servers with a terrible matchup.the matchups are broken and that is not the other servers fault its the systems fault.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Just looking at the scores… Blackgate would be ticking at 500+ all day everyday. We could probably triple waypoint every single borderland if we cared enough to do so and hold a fully upgraded SMC the entire week. It would be the same whether it’s SoR, JQ or Blackgate. All T1 servers have vastly superior coverage to even T2 servers (see SoR vs Mag vs TC and keep in mind how SoR did against BG)

FA and HOD could team up together against a T1 server and still fall flat on their face. That’s how big the difference is between the servers.

Though I’d be interested in playing them for say, 2-3 days, just to see how they operate.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Just looking at the scores… Blackgate would be ticking at 500+ all day everyday. We could probably triple waypoint every single borderland if we cared enough to do so and hold a fully upgraded SMC the entire week. It would be the same whether it’s SoR, JQ or Blackgate. All T1 servers have vastly superior coverage to even T2 servers (see SoR vs Mag vs TC and keep in mind how SoR did against BG)

FA and HOD could team up together against a T1 server and still fall flat on their face. That’s how big the difference is between the servers.

Though I’d be interested in playing them for say, 2-3 days, just to see how they operate.

I think the entirety of bronze league put together won’t beat a T1 server’s off-hours. Prime time will just be queue capped of course.

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Blackgate would win due to coverage.

But a six hour exhibition match(say from 6pm server time until midnight) would be interesting. If all three servers could maintain full queues on four maps for all six hours, it would be a test of quality instead of coverage quantity.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Blackgate would win due to coverage.

But a six hour exhibition match(say from 6pm server time until midnight) would be interesting. If all three servers could maintain full queues on four maps for all six hours, it would be a test of quality instead of coverage quantity.

Agreed. If it was touted as an exhibition match of some sort that would give time to organize a bit more. HoD would only be able to push hard in EB and their own BL I think. I think FA would have a good time with it though. We can queue all maps on reset night for quite some time. We’d need all of our WvW guilds inside to push super hard though, something that doesn’t happen often on reset.

All star game?

in WvW

Dsybok.1405

Ok yeah I like the exhibition idea a little better. but I do not agree it would be a lopsided a match as everyone seems to think. I think there is a lot of gold league hubris involved in the folks saying they could triple wp all 3 bl and EB and then just camp spawn. I do not think it would be that easy.

I think it would be interesting to see the silver and bronze winner double teaming the gold winner, regardless of the result.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

All star game?

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Ok yeah I like the exhibition idea a little better. but I do not agree it would be a lopsided a match as everyone seems to think. I think there is a lot of gold league hubris involved in the folks saying they could triple wp all 3 bl and EB and then just camp spawn. I do not think it would be that easy.

I think it would be interesting to see the silver and bronze winner double teaming the gold winner, regardless of the result.

With all due respect Dsybok, I don’t think you you have a good grasp on the differences in time zone coverage between T1, and even T2, let alone Gold vs. Silver or lower tiers. I don’t say this as a slight, as a brag, or with any quantity of “hubris”. I’m telling you like it is. It would be a blood bath, even with a full blown no holds barred 2v1. The only way it might be close is if it was indeed some kind of 6ish hour exhibition during NA prime only, which of course wouldn’t be fair to people who’s prime play time is in other time zones who wanted to participate thus Anet wouldn’t do this.

[KnT] – Blackgate

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

The only way it might be close is if it was indeed some kind of 6ish hour exhibition during NA prime only, which of course wouldn’t be fair to people who’s prime play time is in other time zones who wanted to participate thus Anet wouldn’t do this.

I don’t know, Anet has pretty much let oceanic server coverage purely determine the outcome of nearly every match-up since release, I don’t really see the harm in letting NA players determine the outcome of a single 6 hour match.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

Now that you put it that way… I’m beginning to like this idea. =D

Too bad nobody can do that to BG…

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

The only way it might be close is if it was indeed some kind of 6ish hour exhibition during NA prime only, which of course wouldn’t be fair to people who’s prime play time is in other time zones who wanted to participate thus Anet wouldn’t do this.

I don’t know, Anet has pretty much let oceanic server coverage purely determine the outcome of nearly every match-up since release, I don’t really see the harm in letting NA players determine the outcome of a single 6 hour match.

It’s not just OCE, there is the SEA and EU population as well. There is still 18 hours of the day worth of people that would not be able to participate.

TBH NA players do a lot more for the match then you make it out to be. Yes the Non NA players may make up a lot of the score but with out a strong NA you could lose it all. All time zones are very important, NA just seems less so because every NA server has NA coverage.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

All star game?

in WvW

Dsybok.1405

With all due respect Dsybok, I don’t think you you have a good grasp on the differences in time zone coverage between T1, and even T2, let alone Gold vs. Silver or lower tiers. I don’t say this as a slight, as a brag, or with any quantity of “hubris”. I’m telling you like it is. It would be a blood bath, even with a full blown no holds barred 2v1. The only way it might be close is if it was indeed some kind of 6ish hour exhibition during NA prime only, which of course wouldn’t be fair to people who’s prime play time is in other time zones who wanted to participate thus Anet wouldn’t do this.

Quite possibly true. I have not always played on FC, I spent my first six months playing on a silver EU Server since I moved to FC. which admittedly has dropped in recent months, but was T2/3 in the past. I came to FC when they were 23 out of 24 rank for NA servers back around March or April. I do not see that much difference in how they played versus how FC played, it was simply about coverage and population.

What you are basically saying though is that BG is only good because they have 24/7 map queues and coverage, not because they play better.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

All star game?

in WvW

Liquid.9672

What you are basically saying though is that BG is only good because they have 24/7 map queues and coverage, not because they play better.

No I’m not saying that at all. I’m not sure why you would draw that conclusion from anything I said. I’m emphasizing how much numbers and coverage plays a part on the scoreboard. However, you have to be able to manage, organize, and direct those numbers, as well as have a deep pool of experienced and capable commanders that players enjoy following and know their style.

As Zik said above, NA would simply be closer because coverage would be much less of an issue.

[KnT] – Blackgate

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

maybe if it was a 24 hour or less match

All star game?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

That wouldn’t change anything due to the coverage difference. The only way to make it some what fair would be to have a match from reset to say midnight as that is the time where the population would be the most comparable. Even then I don’t know if HoD or FA queues all 4 maps on reset all night…

Zikory – Retired Thief

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Mike.5193

Mike.5193

I would rather see the top 3 servers from gold silver and bronze match up together for 4 weeks with the last week being the 3 servers with the highest score. gold vs gold, silver vs silver and bronze vs bronze. Allow spectators via a web portal and watch the good fights. Give them some loot and everyone will be happy.

IoJ – [Lost]
Tuck and Roll: Warrior – What Everyone Loves: Guardian -Hardkore Junglist: Ranger -
Kitty Gearwrench: Engineer – Dwomm: Elementalist – Which Kitten Is It: Mesmer

(edited by Mike.5193)

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

That wouldn’t change anything due to the coverage difference. The only way to make it some what fair would be to have a match from reset to say midnight as that is the time where the population would be the most comparable. Even then I don’t know if HoD or FA queues all 4 maps on reset all night…

week 1 HoD queued all maps at reset idk if they still do

All star game?

in WvW

Dsybok.1405

I would rather see the top 3 servers from gold silver and bronze match up together for 4 weeks with the last week being the 3 servers with the highest score. gold vs gold, silver vs silver and bronze vs bronze. Allow spectators via a web portal and watch the good fights. Give them some loot and everyone will be happy.

The 3 servers currently in first have proven so far that they cannot lose. Why would you expect them to lose in a 4 week matchup when they haven’t in a 7 week matchup?

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

All star game?

in WvW

Dsybok.1405

No I’m not saying that at all. I’m not sure why you would draw that conclusion from anything I said. I’m emphasizing how much numbers and coverage plays a part on the scoreboard. However, you have to be able to manage, organize, and direct those numbers, as well as have a deep pool of experienced and capable commanders that players enjoy following and know their style.

As Zik said above, NA would simply be closer because coverage would be much less of an issue.

A lot of the lower tier servers have all of what you just said, for a few hours a day. The quality of play during those hours is no less than what I suspect you would find on any of the upper tier servers.

FC have only 1-2 real dedicated WvW guilds and 3-4 guilds that do one or more WvW “nights” but that are PvX guilds.

We only queue 1-2 maps on reset night and not usually for very long. 2-3 hours in there will be no queues.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Ascenion of Elements
Sylvari Ele main

(edited by Dsybok.1405)

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

It could be a 48 hour match, starting Friday at reset and ending Sunday. Most servers can field more on weekends.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

All star game?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

If you want to see how bad the matchup would be, see Blackgate’s current matchup. FA is probably comparable with SoS and Mag in population.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

All star game?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Would much rather see an ‘all star’ game comprised of the ‘best’ players in NA vs the ‘best’ players in EU. Two teams. People who normally play together, suddenly teammates. I know it’d never happen, but it’d be fun to watch. Putting BG against anyone at this point is a folly.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

All star game?

in WvW

Reverence.6915

Would much rather see an ‘all star’ game comprised of the ‘best’ players in NA vs the ‘best’ players in EU. Two teams. People who normally play together, suddenly teammates. I know it’d never happen, but it’d be fun to watch. Putting BG against anyone at this point is a folly.

That sounds so much fun. Maybe even an EU vs NA all stars, top 3 of each league.

Beastgate | Faerie Law

All star game?

in WvW

Zikory.6871

I don’t think you’re the only person that would like to see that. I believe anet is unable to make it happen though. Question is who is the 3rd server? JQ, SoR, SFR, Piken?

Zikory – Retired Thief