Anet: your T3 hills....

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

… is being taken while you pound your head against Briar, failing to take it. It’s called tunnel vision.

It’s time to face the truth. WvW is the preferred PvP of GW2 players and sPvP will never become the esport that you want it to be.

WvW is simply more attractive to players.

• If you want to run in a zerg anonymously, with no pressure to perform yet with feeling of accomplishment when you win (loot bags!), you can do that.
  • If you like to play for PPT, you can do that.
  • If you don’t care about PPT, but simply want your server do well when you personally are online, you can do that.
  • If you like siege, taking towers, or defending towers, you can do that.
  • If you like duels, solo roaming, small group roaming, GvG, you can do that.

The openness of the world attracts a wide variety of play styles, and that’s what people enjoy. Yet despite all our disparate play styles, we do all come together to help when watergate is being rushed by 10 golems, so there is some feeling of server cohesion/pride.

Finally, WvW is endgame content. You can satisfy a large number of your customer base without the constant pressure of creating new content that people will rush through and finish in a day.

It’s time to realize that WvW has become much more than you intended (merely a vehicle to move people towards sPvP). It’s time to take advantage of that because at some point, it will be too late.

in WvW

Posted by: Sli Fi.7980

Sli Fi.7980

The problem with WvW is that I have to find people to group with to have any fun + success. I don’t have to do that with sPvP (I can just join a random team there). I find joining a zerg to be completely uninteresting farming.

(edited by Sli Fi.7980)

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The problem with WvW is that I have to find people to group with to have any fun + success. I don’t have to do that with sPvP (I can just join a random team there). I find joining a zerg to be completely uninteresting farming.

Then solo roam. Or roam with pugs. You don’t have to run with the zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Or make friends or find a guild, because this is an mmo.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

But…but…play how you want…Forever Alone

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

The best way to find others to roam with is by introducing yourself on your server’s forum. Most of the forums are heavily populated by WvW players looking to do the same thing.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Radiology.3597

Radiology.3597

Nice title, I was wondering where you we’re going with it, lol.

Anyway, I’m tired of this beating around the bush by Anet after just straight up taking the cheap way out of me asking whether or not there will be an official response from Anet. But that was my fault, I should have titled it whether or not there will be an official response to the community and recent uproar in WvW.

I’ll probably play into the season for a few weeks, then seeing how our server continues to get roflstomped because of population differences and imbalance issues, I’ll truly contemplate calling it quits. I’ve got my 100 bucks worth (50 from gems) out of the game, and thank you for that, but I’ll skip the funnel rollercoaster of PvP and play whereever the gamer gods send me to.

Anet, you must not have any idea how lucky you are to have such a vocal proactive community for YOUR game. There are so many 3rd party apps, trading post websites, WvW tracking, GvG websites, forums, youtube channels, and podcasts on the game. This is how much the community loves your product.

That love is not unconditional. Get your kitten together Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Challenge: name 1 competitive and active tPvP guild.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

I think the new LFG tool has wvw options… that may help.

Also thread +1

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Problem with sPvP is that it’s about capturing points more than fighting.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Here’s a fun fact, one of the dev’s give recently:-

More players play WvW than played the entirety of GW1 at its peak times…

Interestingly, as well more players play GW2 PvP than EVER played GW1 PvP, yet in a lot of players minds they think GW1 PvP was far more popular than GW2, but they are WRONG…

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

But that would mean that WvW play more people than Gw2 sPvP.
If you go that not everyone played GW1 PvP, but you count everybody to GW1 peak time.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

That’s true. Gw2 sold a lot (3 million ?) and spvp is played, not nearly played like pve or wvw but played. Even if it’s just 5% of those it’s freaking 150.000 players!!

Of course, it’s a lot, but it’s not nearly enough to acomplish their esport dream, also if u tried to watch a tournament, the “fun” of watching it is almost 0, i can watch stacraft 2 or league of legends. I think it’s because this game use too many skills per second, since human mind can’t keep up, there is no way to watch the cool skill that player x used and gave his team the advantatge (1 vs 1, or 2 vs 2 are way better to watch, but when u reach 3 v 3 pfff..). That could be sort of solved with energy management, that way spaming every skill in cooldown will have a bad effect and a good one (it’s also why every single mmo i played had some energy management system, to avoid spam, freaking gw2 innovation madness…).

But yeah, i agree, as a company they should accept reality and stop with the esport horse (at first it was funny to see all those devs and players talk about the future and the esport and the mlg, delusions of grandieur; but now, it’s just sad, really really sad and not funny anymore). U have a game with pve and wvw, and both are more played than the esport wannabe spvp, accept facts, and start balancing ur classes more towards wvw and pve.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Uhh, your title is too complex. I don’t think they play wvw, much less understand what you’re talking about.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.