Another Mismatch Week

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

There’s absolutely no queue outside reset night on NA T1 servers. The population from the #24, #23 and #22 servers won’t magically cause insane queues.

The same applies to all the other merges. There’s just not enough population for 24 servers. That’s a fact.

[HUE]

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

You are aware that some servers in bronze, once they have high morale, they can queue, right? Silver tiers can have queues as well. That wrong idea that only t1 can queue have to be dropped, but, of course, none of those leagues can queue all 4 maps.

That comes back to my previous statement, merge a server that pretty much only have a crew during NA prime time with another that is already stacked, won’t add absolutely nothing besides annoyance. Players on bronze can play whenever they want during their own time. Why should they be forced into a queue because people want more numbers to their servers?

Server merge makes no sense at all. If want fairness, reduce the servers to 15 or 18, make a count of player base and shuffle them equally into all those servers. However that will never happen because it will take the freedom of players to choose their server, as guild, friends and community. Any other way think about doing this will be flawed, one server will always dominate and have higher population.

The funny fact is that 99% of the time is always that player from tier 1 whom suggests the merge and the players from bottom servers always rejecting.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

yanniell.1236

No, they can’t queue, except for a few hours on reset night. That’s BG right now. The thought that the #23 server would change that and create insane queues is just wrong. The only thing that would change for people on the #23 server is that they would have people to play with on all timezones.

The queue fallacy must go. That’s no true anymore for more than a year now.

Attachments:

[HUE]

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

They should really remove EotM entirely. I know some people enjoy it because it is easy and provides massive karma/loot. But it really adds nothing to the game at this point and does slightly detract from the numbers in WvW.

Still need something for the queues, and not just in T1. For instance, even after the mass exodus after the end of season 2, HoD still managed to queue EB at the start of season 3.

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

They should really remove EotM entirely. I know some people enjoy it because it is easy and provides massive karma/loot. But it really adds nothing to the game at this point and does slightly detract from the numbers in WvW.

Still need something for the queues, and not just in T1. For instance, even after the mass exodus after the end of season 2, HoD still managed to queue EB at the start of season 3.

There’s 3 other maps, go queue them ?

People need to get off the EBG ktrain mentality.

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

EBG is usually the busiest map because things are closer… It’s not endless walks from a objective to another like it is on borderland maps. And less time walking mean more time doing somenthing else (PvD or fighting, whatever you like).

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

Another person telling everyone else how to play. How lovely.

SBI

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: Old Bones.5140

Old Bones.5140

There are people on those lower servers who would not want a merger. People have a lot invested in those servers. We have servers we hate. The only people that want the servers are the ones who do not like getting the face punched in on a game. Their e-kitten pride is getting hurt. If you don’t like your server. Do what millions have done, MOVE.

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: Xyppi.8061

Xyppi.8061

Well.. I don’t entirely understand the server rivalries, maybe you just mean Guild rivalries, which are healthy. Yes, all of the servers have the potential to queue, but the fact of the matter is, they don’t. There is no reason for mainly PvE servers which, from the looks is most of the Gw2 population these days, to play WvWvW when it offers so little loot and very little direction (pug organization) other than blobbing, for new people anyway. If you want to learn WvWvW, it’s simple, but it’s simply not worth it anymore. WvWvW’s unbalances are just too much, I believe it should be quality over quantity, but that simply is not the case.

And I kind of side with the removal of EOTM, unless my idea for WvW rather than WvWvW is implemented, my thinking on that is WvW will be more on strategy and tactics, communication and organization, rather than just individual fighting skill, whereas EOTM should be about massive fights. I’ll link the thread with my idea in an edit. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/WvW-Balance-1/first#post4553587

Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated. I have other versions on me explaining this, so if you have questions, suggestions, anything, you can ask here or mail me in game.

(edited by Xyppi.8061)

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

I am in Borliss Pass

We were ranked 15th before the last season.

We suffered blowout losses in every match in the season (one was a 2nd place where the winning server had more points than the other two servers combined)

We have suffered blowout losses every week since

Our largest guild “Borliss savers” transferred off the server, along with all of our skill group guilds and EU coverage which used to be the strength of the server. We are down to two regularly playing guilds basically.

In a rational world we should have dropped tier weeks ago. Instead we are facing crystal desert this week. They are highly ranked enough, that our rating should be too strong to drop a tier even after another blowout loss. Basically, it’s Maguuma all again for us: the quality of our competition inflates our rating to a point where we can’t drop to our proper level.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

No, they can’t queue, except for a few hours on reset night. That’s BG right now. The thought that the #23 server would change that and create insane queues is just wrong. The only thing that would change for people on the #23 server is that they would have people to play with on all timezones.

The queue fallacy must go. That’s no true anymore for more than a year now.

Your idea that no other server can’t queue is because BG doesn’t have a queue during off times? Because doesn’t have a 24/7 queue? By the way, no one said insane queues, that came from you. I said queue and a queue is a queue, period.

Let me put more clearly then: The ones that enjoy 60-80 people fighting (aka blobbing) already are in tier 1. The ones that doesn’t like that type of fight, that enjoy small scale fight, including small party and single roaming are part of bronze and silver tiers. If they didn’t wanted to transfer to tier 1 on their own, why should they be forced? Since you are so adamant into forcing people into your play style why can’t we revert the situation then? How about deleting tier 1 servers and scattering the players across all other servers? For sure KN and AR will be thankful for another 10-20 players they will get from this…

Every time someone from t1 suggests a merge, comes to my mind that their player supply is gone, they can’t recruit anymore and are desperate. I am sorry, but that’s what sounds like since they are trying to meddle into something that have nothing to do with them while still trying to boost their numbers.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by azyume.6321)

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

yanniell.1236

Do u think that the population from the last ranked servers would make any difference in T1? It’s not a solution for T1. Dmn, T1 is the only place where WvW is close to what it was supposed to be. T1 is fine. U don’t even need to merge the way I proposed. U can easily leave T1 out of it.

The point is that there’s way too many servers. Merge the servers is the easiest and more realistic “solution” by far.

Ah, and BTW, the “T1 is only about blob, mimimi,” fallacy has to go too. It’s very boring to keep beating your straw man arguments.

[HUE]

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Another person telling everyone else how to play. How lovely.

Alright then, you sit in queue or forum warrior. The rest of us will go utilize the other maps.

Another Mismatch Week

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Getting back to topic, this week was a bit odd. Somehow DB keeps getting a free pass upwards and ET is being kept down.

I call shenanigans if IoJ isn’t in the mix with DB on tomorrow’s reset.