Any chance of WXP being made account wide?

in WvW

Posted by: Maliss.1248

Maliss.1248

Q:

I’ve always enjoyed World PvP since my first exposure to it in Asheron’s Call. I play GW2 to WvW. Since the introduction of WXP I find it harder and harder to log in and enjoy myself in game.

Why? I have 8 level 80 characters, one of each profession, that I used to like playing in WvW. Now with the new never ending progression system I feel like I can only play one of them in WvW and any time spent on an alt is time wasted. Since I’m currently tired of playing my main and it would take me several months to catch an alt up to where my main is so I can start “making progress again”, I feel very little desire to log in my alts and thus when I’m bored of my main I don’t play.

I know they are speeding up the rate of WXP in the next patch, so it may only take weeks instead of months to catch another character up to my main but that doesn’t really solve the underlying problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Evolut.2398

Evolut.2398

I don’t think a single WvW player is in favor of the WvW ranks being character bound and would rather they have an account wide rank, keep it invisible to your own server, however provide an e-mote such as in GW1 for higher ranks players to display their prowess. I also think that the trait points should have a massive account pool, that you can put into seperate characters to trait them in different and various ways.

Although I now see the problem of having very few points to distribute if you play say 5 or 6 chars instead of 2 or 3, however i guess that is your choice, but I think this would be a fair tradeoff for having the WvW rank account bound.

E V O L U T [TRA] [CC]
Champion Paragon – #Magswag

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Joe.5037

Mighty Joe.5037

I agree whole heartedly with the OP and am in the exact same position. I have 8 level 80 characters, 1 of each class. I like to switch between characters to prevent boredom. However, I feel penalized if I get on another character because it is lower in WXP (rank) therefore it doesn’t have the attribute points. I really think MY experience in WvW is what should be credited rather than the individual character. I play in WvW quite a bit but am penalized compared to other players that may play on 1 character for the same amount of time.

I really like Evolut’s idea of the WXP points going into a pool regardless of which character you play on but then being able to assign the points separately per character. For example on a heavy armor class I might be expected to tank and want heavier points in siege bunker vs another character I may need the points elsewhere. However it would be acceptable just to have the same point spend across all characters.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

WvW points should be
1) account bound
2) retraitable

The fact that it isn’t is ridiculous, ESPECIALLY with the introduction of new skills.

WTH.

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

I don’t think a single WvW player is in favor of the WvW ranks being character bound and would rather they have an account wide rank

I’m a single WvW player who is in favour of ranks/abilities remaining soulbound.

and I doubt I’m the only one

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

Anet made it right to set wvw ranks charbound and they will hold it like this.
Everything else would be nonsense.

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I think it’s pretty clear that Anet is opposed to account bound ranks because they need to integrate as much time gating as possible. I would love for account bound, but I doubt it would happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Time gates FAIL if you have no hope of attaining full achievement on even a single character. It is demoralizing and will cause single-character, single-role burnout.

It took me 3 months to get full AC skills. 2 months later, I would like to try guard killer – it will take me 6 full months to attain at current rates. Do you think I’m going to try to get any skills on other character? Hellno.

in WvW

Posted by: Maliss.1248

Maliss.1248

I also think that the trait points should have a massive account pool, that you can put into seperate characters to trait them in different and various ways.

Although I now see the problem of having very few points to distribute if you play say 5 or 6 chars instead of 2 or 3, however i guess that is your choice, but I think this would be a fair tradeoff for having the WvW rank account bound.

I’d prefer it if the WvW abilities were account wide (when you unlock it, it applies to all of your characters). If the points were in a pool that you doled out to your characters as you saw fit I’d still feel forced to play one character as I would give my main character all the points and running an alt would be like running around without my armor on, yes I can contribute, but I’m far from optimal.

in WvW

Posted by: Wiseman.4075

Wiseman.4075

I also agree with the OP that traits should be account bound and retraitable. I love playing all of my hard earned lvl 80s in WvW but it sucks being limited to only one character now. Using an alt makes your main character weaker than somebody that plays one profession exclusively. And honestly I dont see myself playing the game long enough to care to level any more than 1 maybe 2 characters even CLOSE to maxing them out in WvW the way the system is now.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar Lothbrok.3968

Ragnar Lothbrok.3968

wasnt the point of the game give you the opportunity to enjoy stuff without hard grinding, i can understand wvw ranks being hard to get , to reward those who spent more time, but i fail to see any point in making the wxp character bound.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Joe.5037

Mighty Joe.5037

It would be nice if a rep would reply to let us know where this stands.

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

They’ve said a few time they won’t make it account wide because of character progression or some such, even though PvP glory is account wide its like they’re biting their own tongue in that regard lol.

Who knows maybe if it was account bound and after it adds up everyone’s alts it would show up as a clear power creep since some people would have lots of lines maxed.