It doesn’t matter….

We’re the Minority.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Are you going to still play WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: kefro.9312

kefro.9312

I just log in to see if they changed the bloodlust i think i still got hope for gw2… i miss the serious wvwvw old days, when zerg vs zerg just kill each other in glorious battle with no worries if u have to stop to get stomps, when ppl actualy fight to survive when down and now they just try to die before they get stomped… or just alt f4…

If they keep this way i will look for another game for sure.
RIP GW2

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

I am pretty much on GW2 vacation until they fix put in a real commander system.

It doesn’t matter….

We’re the Minority.

All the more reason to promote a boycott. Who knows, you might find something fun outside of GW2.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I am pretty much on GW2 vacation until they fix put in a real commander system.

It doesn’t matter….

We’re the Minority.

All the more reason to promote a boycott. Who knows, you might find something fun outside of GW2.

There is nothing outside of Gaming….

Who is filling your head w/ Nonsense.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

This is what they want… They are secretly trying to get you into spvp so you can support their “esport”

Yes, I agree . This Bloodlust Buff thing is a pretty “dubious” decision by Anet. And that’s being generous. It should have been glaringly obvious how it would drastically imbalance most WvW.

Especially dubious since they went to the trouble of adding the outmanned buff and breakout events months ago to help out underperforming servers. And now the Bloodlust Buff does precisely the opposite. Many times over.

Unfortunately I think they miscalculated and assumed the players that gave up WvW would just migrate to sPvP. But you know the old saying about “assume”. I just hope they come to their senses before they permanently alienate a key portion of their playerbase. WvWers craft, buy and sell stuff and buy gems too. And most importantly talk about the game to their friends. Word of mouth can be your best advertising tool, or your worst enemy.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Meadfreek.6789)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Does anyone know of any other games that have something like wvw, except not crappy?

in WvW

Posted by: Actinotus.6410

Actinotus.6410

Are all the people who are going to boycott WvW going to stop posting on the forums as well?

Or maybe I should stop reading the forums…

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I guess it’s time for a new debuff for groups greater than 25, and they won’t notice it until they get rolled by a group of 15. It will be called…The Inverse Law of Ninjas, and it will follow this formula;

y=m*0.999999999^-x

Where m is the normal value of your stats and x is the number of people surrounding you in a 2000-3000 unit area. It’s an exponential decay function that will make large groups of players exponentially weaker and unfeasible as the group grows larger. Do it A-Net, and I’m sure people will hold to the threshold.

Interesting, except that with the equation you’ve got y will actually increase with x. 0.999^-x is the same as 1 divided by 0.999^x. So as x increases, the denominator becomes smaller and smaller and thus the stat value increases.

Oh, whoops. I flubbed it up. I should have kept it simple and kept it above 1. Either way, I think it would work.

in WvW

Madora.9340

I played WvW last night and did not notice any effect that Bloodlust gave me, nor did I notice it for my enemies. Either they did not have any stacks of it and neither did I, or the fact that stacks are removed when the point gets inevitably reset by roamers. Christ, chill everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

I played WvW last night and did not notice any effect that Bloodlust gave me, nor did I notice it for my enemies. Either they did not have any stacks of it and neither did I, or the fact that stacks are removed when the point gets inevitably reset by roamers. Christ, chill everyone.

This is a step backward for balancing population differences. Seasons are another step backward for creating balanced, competitive matchups.

How many steps backwards until WvW falls on its kitten For many, it already has.

Ledarius

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’ll still play. Never looked for balance or fairness in WvW. I kinda miss it being the place you could use consumables in a PvP setting. I know it could lead to cheesiness but in a setting that isn’t about personal skill I think it should have some leeway. It’s like playing Smashbros with the items on. In games, there are those that whine and complain about the rules and mechanics, and there are those that delight in seeing how far they can push the limits set before them. I prefer being the latter.

I’d reference an article I know about “scrubs” but don’t feel like wasting my time arguing.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

I’ve been on SBI from the beginning and I’m actually looking forward to fighting some of our old servermates on JQ, SoR and BG. Let’s get the party started!

Lol. Remember this post when you have 0 ppt and 0 orbs and eventually 0 people to play with for the rest of the week.

This

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Dralyne.5719

Dralyne.5719

I read the first few pages and see nothing but a bunch of QQ’n. Do you think a handful of people saying they won’t play WvW is really going to change? People need to stop whining and just learn to adapt. I run around in a 5-6 roaming party all day long in WvW and have not run into any problems yet unless it was vs a 20man+ zerg. Play the correct builds, learn your classes, and stop crying on the forum.

Besides, it’s probably only a matter of time until this game goes P2W anyway :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

I haven’t played for a few weeks. I’ll continue to be hopeful that things turn around, but it’s difficult to a tangible basis for optimism. Gear becoming outdated, falling behind on WXP, and high economic inflation make it harder to come back after a hiatus too.

I’ve been a GW player since the beta weekends for GW1, and while I certainly have not played continuously 8 years, the breaks have never been longer than 3 or 4 months. There was always something to come back to, some sort of unfinished business or new experience that was actually fun and easy to jump into. There’s little left to do in this game besides get back on the treadmill. It makes me sad that Guild Wars will probably soon be a game spoken in the past tense like all the others, for me anyway.

I, too, have been playing GW2 since beta weekends for GW1. In GW1, I bought all the extras and the expansions. Here, I have put at least $100/month in to the game, which I did not have a problem with doing. I am hanging my GW shoes up now though. I can’t say for how long, even with as kitten ed off as I am with Anet. I guess you could say that hope springs eternal when it comes to my favorite games.

Since completing the game on 7 characters, 95% of my in game time was spent in WvW. Now we have the orbs of stupid power (this is coming from someone who’s server is ahead in the current match up by 100K pts), in two weeks we’ll have the league battles which is only going to pit my rank 10 server that has barely any oceanic coverage against the likes of TC, JQ, BG and SoR so we are just going to get steamrolled. Why Euro servers are getting split into more brackets when NA has more servers is unbelievable to me.

Those two things are merely the straw that broke this camel’s back however. Rangers have gotten nerfed every patch up until this past one -now if my ranger needs a party, I’d best hope I can find a party of my friends or I am not doing what I need to do. -class is hopelessly broken and the devs do not care.

Devon telling us that those of us that post on the forums are the vocal minority and giving us a virtual sneer by saying that if we aren’t up to a challenge, then surely we must not be WvWers because he thought WvWers liked/enjoyed challengers (not an exact quote but something very close to it when he was questioned about leagues).

What we have now.. is NOT the anet that I once knew and loved. The old Anet actually cared about the players. Hell .. I remember when Gaile would randomly show up in LA and talk to us or start a random event. This has NEVER happened in GW2 that I have seen or heard of.

Btw.. Mr Carter? you should invis yourself, enter game and actually listen to what WvWers and others are saying. I may be one voice but trust and believe I am one of a LOT more than what you are seeing here. It irks me to no end that I was impressed with you when you first came on board. More fool me, you were merely putting up a front. smdh

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

technically transferring to an overpopulated tier 1 server is paying to win. so we’re there now.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Bloodlust buff makes fair fights and duels impossible.

Medic – 10% healing increase.
Robust – 10% health increase.

Has existed since launch, has always been making said things unfair. Just to put it to scale, anything outside of a Thief/Ele/Guardian, was getting at least 150 vitality worth of health from this, some builds and classes were getting 250+ vitality. Medic can reach upwards of several hundred points worth of healing power depending on the skill’s healing power coefficient.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Bloodlust buff makes fair fights and duels impossible.

Medic – 10% healing increase.
Robust – 10% health increase.

Has existed since launch, has always been making said things unfair. Just to put it to scale, anything outside of a Thief/Ele/Guardian, was getting at least 150 vitality worth of health from this, some builds and classes were getting 250+ vitality. Medic can reach upwards of several hundred points worth of healing power depending on the skill’s healing power coefficient.

difference between the world bonuses and the orb buffs is all 3 servers gain world bonuses at the same time. Unless the matchup is a total blowout, each server will have roughly the same amount of +hp and +heal from the world bonus.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Healing, or healing power? To get several hundred healing power, you’d need 2000 healing power(i’m not sure that’s even possible), and the full bonus is only gotten in the most lopsided matchups. If the problem is the coefficient on certain abilities… Then adjust the coefficients on certain abilities.

Because of how Power of the Mists scales, it’s very unlikely that you’re going to end up with several percent more Robust or Medic than the other servers on the field. At most, you might get a 3 or 4% health advantage, and that’s in a very lopsided matchup.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

difference between the world bonuses and the orb buffs is all 3 servers gain world bonuses at the same time. Unless the matchup is a total blowout, each server will have roughly the same amount of +hp and +heal from the world bonus.

Half of this whole charade is: “But blowouts are even bigger blowouts now!” Before Bloodlust, just go to mos history, more than half of the matches sat around with one server being maxed on Medic/Robust within a couple of days relative to its struggling opponents.

These are buffs that cannot be removed.

If the match isn’t a complete blowout, then perhaps you should consult DB/FA/JQ/SoR on how they manage to have the buff despite being the losing teams.

Healing, or healing power?

Its raw healing, not healing power.

And yes, I know its not as big an issue if the match is actually balanced, but most everyone isn’t talking about balanced or close to balanced matches, they are talking about blowouts and super blowouts.

4% health on a commander in vit stacked hear, is anywhere from 90 (Guardian → 22k) to 120 (Warrior/Necro – 30k+) vitality.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

And yes, I know its not as big an issue if the match is actually balanced, but most everyone isn’t talking about balanced or close to balanced matches, they are talking about blowouts and super blowouts.

4% health on a commander in vit stacked hear, is anywhere from 90 (Guardian -> 22k) to 120 (Warrior/Necro – 30k+) vitality.

4% health is superblowout. The blowoutinest of the the blowouts. To get that, the server with +4% has to have anywhere between 3 and 17 times the score of the lower server, and they’re banking on the 9th bonus to get 3x at the very end of the week.

And even if they do get that much of a bonus? It’s still absolutely nothing compared to the 2 or 3 orbs that they will have perpetually in this superblowout.

And even with this all in mind, I personally would not mind if Robust and Medic had no effect in WvW. I’m not going to go on a crusade about it because they have no direct impact on damage output, and a 4% increase in hp/healing power isn’t really something that I can go “yeah your power of the mists stacks won this fight for you rather than your skill”, but if they were pushed to PvE exclusive bonuses like the monster defense one that’s a-okay with me.

Also not sure why saying that they’re a commander is relevant to this discussion. Being a commander doesn’t do anything to your HP. \o/

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: yesfourme.8906

yesfourme.8906

I got back from a month vacation. I must say that wvw is totally unbalanced now.

First I need to have ascended weapons to feel every fight are a bit more “fair”… which will require me to stop playing wvw for weeks.

Second, this Bloodlust could be fixed by giving no extra stat to the winning server, and tons of extra stat to the losing server. Instead, today I died in 3 hits by a thief attacking from far against my engineer with tons of toughness stats.

I am certain many players share the same fate as myself, and will stop playing gw2 rather than have to grind for ascended weapons for weeks and move to better wvw servers. Your lost, Arenet.

(edited by yesfourme.8906)

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

honestly, it’s time for a massive purge. those who are bored/bitter with WvW, all the GvG fanatics, etc., take care!

fans of the game will adapt. and a lot of us are having the most fun we’ve ever had on the current BL’s.

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

honestly, it’s time for a massive purge. those who are bored/bitter with WvW, all the GvG fanatics, etc., take care!

fans of the game will adapt. and a lot of us are having the most fun we’ve ever had on the current BL’s.

no

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in WvW

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

I still play WvW, but only because I’m on a well populated server. We got most buffs all the time and blob the maps. Sometimes our Zerg doesn’t even need to stack might anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

Hack snip hack snip

Why Euro servers are getting split into more brackets when NA has more servers is unbelievable to me.

hack snip hack snip

It is unbelievable to me also because its not true.

EU servers 27 split into 3 brackets of 9 each
NA servers 24 split into 2 brackets of 12 each

There are enough legitimate things to vent frustration about without making crap up mate.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Says the guy from T1 that has no clue about what the other 18 servers are going through

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

WvW is a joke now. Mostly nothing organized any more. VcY hasn’t even a raid at primetime any more. And to be honest, there is no sense in it. We were 5 people, building an alpha golem and running to garrison. We go to inner, a view of us got wiped. I run up on the ceiling, 2 followed me. I trolled them a bit and was expecting the zerg coming for me. But nothing happened, so I killed 3 people who were in inner, rezzed a mesmer. He ported the the respawned people in and we capped garrison.
This wouldn’t have been possible before the patch.
I mean, the people don’t report any more, they just were watching us capping their home garri.

I think wvw will be splitting up: the servers who are high populated and don’t care about unfair fight. These will have all bls all week and then there are the smaller servers – they will just quit gaming. So on long term, there will be one powerful server and all other servers won’t play wvw any more, means wvw will die.

I guess, I’m quitting wvw as my guildmates mostly did. WvW is not about 1v1 or 5v5. WvW means worlds are fighting against each other. If I want little fight I go sPvP.

Sometimes I believe Anet just doesn’t realize how they are calling stuff.
Same for GuildWars2, what is GW2 without gvg?
GvG was one of the best things in GW, so why didn’t they stick to it?

Wait a minute. All you people screaming to break up the zergs look what you’ve done. You’ve caused this person who likes zergs to quit and his guild to disband.

This perfectly describes the situation. The GW2 community is not of one voice. Whatever they do – or if they do nothing – its going to kitten some people off.

GW2 players only have ourselves to blame.

in WvW

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

Wait a minute. All you people screaming to break up the zergs look what you’ve done. You’ve caused this person who likes zergs to quit and his guild to disband.

This perfectly describes the situation. The GW2 community is not of one voice. Whatever they do – or if they do nothing – its going to kitten some people off.

GW2 players only have ourselves to blame.

That is so much bs. Give me one single reason why you shouldn’t want fights to be balanced and people who fight to have the same tools/equipment/buffs..

The community has never asked for this. The community only asked to give incentives to thought play against brainless zergplay. And many people came up with so many great ideas and got completely ignored. And devs just came up with all this bullkitten we’ve had lately noone asked for.

Don’t blame the community, they never asked for any of this. Actually, you can confront the forums and the latest release and you’ll find out people have been asking for the exact opposite of what they got.

I can even give you a small list:
class balance → perplexity runes/OP conD meta
incentive to siege → AC buff / rewards for map flipping
balanced fights → introduction of ascended and bl buff
rewards similar to pve → kittening useless wvw masteries
wvw revamp → spvp style point capture in wvw

I can go on and on…

And seriously this thing about wvw not having only one voice and “people posting on forums being a minority” had its time, now it’s time to be serious about it.

Let me tell you a little story about business.
I once worked with my brother in a small butcher shop. From time to time old ladies would come in and complain about how they had been served the last time (sometimes they were right and sometimes they weren’t) and I would get mad about their behaviour.
Then, after I told my brother this he told me “remember that a customer that comes back complaining is still supporting you and is giving you a chance to improve yourself. The ones you really have to worry about are the ones that don’t say anything and just never come back”

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I’ve been on SBI from the beginning and I’m actually looking forward to fighting some of our old servermates on JQ, SoR and BG. Let’s get the party started!

Lol. Remember this post when you have 0 ppt and 0 orbs and eventually 0 people to play with for the rest of the week.

Oh I know what will happen. We’ve been there before. As long as we’re prepared for the inevitable, we can still come out and have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Dragona.4062

Dragona.4062

I loved WvW played it night and day. We had Guild Raids and WvW was the best part of the game for me. Now I don’t feel any pride to fight for my Server, I’m just shocked by this update. Yesterday was the first day without any WvW since a long time for me and… it was ok, cause I don’t feel like I need to play the new WvW. As long as Anet is not loyal to their Community I will also not be, just downloaded the Beta of Wildstar. Ty Anet

[FoF]

Call me Jack, Jacky or your Nightmare.

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

I once worked with my brother in a small butcher shop. From time to time old ladies would come in and complain about how they had been served the last time (sometimes they were right and sometimes they weren’t) and I would get mad about their behaviour.
Then, after I told my brother this he told me “remember that a customer that comes back complaining is still supporting you and is giving you a chance to improve yourself. The ones you really have to worry about are the ones that don’t say anything and just never come back”

Yeah, that gets said in the restaurant industry a lot as well. The other thing about it is that the ones that say nothing, leave and don’t come back are usually telling everyone they know about how bad they thought it was. It tends to lose you a lot more than just one customer. That’s part of why I found it ridiculous that Devon Carver said that he’d pay attention to the forums if there were continuously dropping population numbers. Once your population is continuously dropping, it’s pretty much game over. That’s not unhappy players. That’s players leaving and not coming back.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I assume these complaints are centered around the stat-increase aspect of the buff, not so much the “get points for finishers” aspect.

If that is the case then I concur.

in WvW

Posted by: tsubus.8761

tsubus.8761

Taking a break from GW2 until this has been sorted out.

Radese Tagal [PUSH] on Aurora Glade

in WvW

Madora.9340

This is a step backward for balancing population differences. Seasons are another step backward for creating balanced, competitive matchups.

How many steps backwards until WvW falls on its kitten For many, it already has.

I wouldn’t say it’s a step backward, but it isn’t a step in the right direction. I would even agree that it’s awful for balancing server populations. Seasons won’t help either, but I think A-Net is trying to get more people interested in WvW than trying to appeal to those who already play WvW and fix the issues already there.

On SF, I know we put up a fight all day long but at night, other servers night-cap us and get to enjoy 700 PPT for about 8 hours, putting us in second for the rest of the week. A-Net said they were looking into ways to help balance it out, to reduce night-caps or capping while the majority of the population isn’t there, yet it’s hard to implement such a solution. Hell, they said they’d balance out AC’s or make a viable counter to them and they still haven’t done that yet. (I still think a portable shield bubble would help, maybe have five charges on it. Or maybe have things that reflect projectiles also reflect AC AoEs.) There will be a time that WvW will take a step forward, but when that will be, I’m not sure. I’m still having fun either way.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I stopped WvWvW completely after the 17th patch. I will probably come back if ALL player stat buffs from both Power of the Mists and BL Bloodlust will be removed. The winning side doesn’t need any offensive bonuses (to siege or player stats) nor extra defenses to win.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

Says the person on tier 1 server. Glad it’s working out for y’all up there because it’s surely not working in the lower tiers.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

We have Camelot Unchained to look forward to atleast. After all the stupid changes that Anet has made to this game, and the fact they never listen to what their customers want, I would never recommend this game to anyone else. I’m only still here because there really is no other competition at the moment. If Anet did have more competition right now, I doubt most of the people here would still be here.

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

Are all the people who are going to boycott WvW going to stop posting on the forums as well?

Or maybe I should stop reading the forums…

That would be great but probably won’t happen. Would be nice to see less complaints.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

when enough people leave, you will see less complaints. complaints are good, it means people care enough to voice their opinion. If they didn’t care , why bother.

I never complain about wow…..i have never and will never play it either lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

/\ this right here. If people are complaining they still care…. but dont worry… soon enough you will only have 4-6 servers to fight against as the other weeks will be full of empty maps

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Yep this is utterly stupid. Anet said that this stuff will “courage smaller dedicated groups to cap and hold these points” which sure as **** ain’t true. How would smaller group fight against 20-40 man zergs that sit on these points

I played WvW every night (EU primetime) since the patch. I’m on Gandara and we faced Baruch Bay and Fort Ranik first and Millers Sound and Augury Rock next. I never seen any zerg on the ruins or even groups bigger than 10-15. Most of the fights were in the range of 2 to 5 people per side.

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

That’s right, I still care even though I have uninstalled the game. Gw2 has the best basic gameplay of any mmo period. Hands down. Can’t even touch another mmo now.

However unlike so many others out there I believe in principle. Anet can’t keep stepping on my toes and expect me to keep dancing with them. Mr FPS over there isn’t really as deep or engaging but he has never let me down like this either. There’s also TV, anime, Manga, books, archery, bicycles, cooking, politics, history, tvtropes…I’ve got a lot of past times.

But yes lets go over just how unbalanced WvW can be now. It really didn’t start with bloodlust after all. As Zen points out, world buffs can be pretty strong, though in of themselves weren’t a issue. In total super blowouts where you can feel them, there are so few of the enemy to fight its really rather moot.

But then they added wxp traits. Guard Defender and Attackers final traits are pretty powerful. For a long time that was ok because no one had the points to get them. That is starting to change as the ‘sh*tbucket’ players are pulling way ahead of casuals in wxp (kudos to those who get the reference).

Then they added Ascended weapons. Sh*tbucket (and/or rich) players with their ascended weapons or Legendarys now have another time-exclusive advantage.

THEN they added Bloodlust. While this buff is relatively easy to get compared to the former mentioned items, it tends to be overwhelmingly in favor of the winning server. This is neither fun for a individual player on a winning or losing server. A losing server player (especially a casual player) will face a overwhelming disadvantage. Not only will bloodlust be stacked against him, but so will world bonuses. If he is casual, he will have ascended and/or wxp traits stacked against him as well. For the winning server player, there is no honor or glory in killing an enemy who is at stat disadvantage.

Granted some people get great pleasure in winning fights not because of superior skill (which they usually lack and have a significant inferiority complex because of). They get pleasure from winning with their superior gear, server, numbers, ect. These are the kind of people who are ruining wvw because they are the ones pushing for power creep, gear progression, Stacked Teams and basically everything that made WoW TERRIBLE FOR PVP.

……

Once upon a time a person could invest a relatively modest amount of time to gear up in exotics. Figure out a decent build and then head off into WvW knowing they would be fighting on mostly even terms with their enemies.

That was fun.

Where the devs are taking us is definitely not ‘fun’ territory in my book.

(edited by Lorelei.3918)

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

snip snip (share sentiments but ne need to quote)

Once upon a time a person could invest a relatively modest amount of time to gear up in exotics. Figure out a decent build and then head off into WvW knowing they would be fighting on mostly even terms with their enemies.

That was fun.

Where the devs are taking us is definitely not ‘fun’ territory in my book.

Exactly, absolutely, wherever the devs are going now I have no idea and even less interest in finding out.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Exactly, absolutely, wherever the devs are going now I have no idea and even less interest in finding out.

I think Devon Carver is trying to take us all where he keeps his own head warmly and firmly planted…

NAGA|TC

(edited by Rackhir Tanelorn.9123)

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

The update has killed the fun for me, but what probably is even more depressing is the knowledge that, as Devon said himself, they don’t care one iota about what people say on the forums. I feel like giving feedback on why the game isn’t fun to play anymore is pointless due to that. He said they’d only take a different approach if people stopped playing, but then how would they know what the sticking points were? When people quit playing they don’t fill out exit surveys, they either just leave or they post here.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Well said Lorelei.

WvW is turning into typical MMO PvP, which means gear grind or pay for advantage. (Or in GW2’s case, since it is B2P, a hybrid of both).

It is really unfortunate they made this choice. They could have had a permanent niche as the MMO PvP where skill was paramount. But now it is about the non-skill advantage.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Well said Lorelei.

WvW is turning into typical MMO PvP, which means gear grind or pay for advantage. (Or in GW2’s case, since it is B2P, a hybrid of both).

It is really unfortunate they made this choice. They could have had a permanent niche as the MMO PvP where skill was paramount. But now it is about the non-skill advantage.

If they did that, players would complain that they’re turning WvW into SPvP >_>

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Krustydog.3072

Krustydog.3072

Am I still going to play WvW? 1 word answer-why?

SoR FTW

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Less and less GW2 in general for me.

Anet seems intent on trodding the same pvp path Funcom did with Anarchy Online.

The game had multiple modes of pvp including open world duels, group arena pvp, open world binary global faction pvp, Tower Wars (a form of open world territory control) and huge faction vs faction battles over exclusive access to raid style dungeons.

Tower wars was hugely popular and the arena pvp was not.

Funcom gradually developed an obsession with arena pvp, and started trying everything it could to force players into it. They eventually made arena pvp the most practical way to get some of the best gear in the game, which meant if you really liked Tower Wars or raids, put in time in arena pvp was the fastest way to gear up for Tower Wars.

I think Bloodlust is just the beginning of Anet’s efforts to move WvW players into spvp.
I won’t be surprised if they continue adding more spvp like features to WvW and start changing rewards so that spvp becomes the most efficient path to being competitive in WvW.

If Arenanet continues down this kind of path, I am moving on to other games.

I know exactly what you are talking about, i still love AO even tho i havent played for years, but this does seem exactly like what happened in AO.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: Albane.3618

Albane.3618

Am I still going to play WvW? 1 word answer-why?

No; Devon

Ledarius