BG and SoR fighting each other again

in WvW

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

for the 4th week straight. It is getting really boring sure SoR is a tough opponent but everyone is kinda get sick of it

Does Anet even test it out first before implement the schedule?

in WvW

Posted by: KeeZee.7312

KeeZee.7312

Um, SoR hasn’t been a tough fight for BG at all. The BG/SoR are easy matches for BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

And here I thought people kept saying they moved to one of the top 3 for the competition. Other servers may put up a bit of a fight but make no mistake JQ/BG/SoR will walk all over everyone else and I’m sure that would be fun for everyone involved …….

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

T1 is where all the fights are at guys.

Nevermind T1 is 6 servers now, just go to the same 2 or 3. Because 24/7 fights. Fights fights fights.

Oh wait none of the matchups look remotely close whoooops. Fights anyone.

BG/SoR complaining about seeing each other too much? Wait for next season when you roll JQ’s schedule and fight 2 “T2” servers for 5 weeks in a row. Best fights 24/7.

in WvW

Posted by: akanibbles.6237

akanibbles.6237

BG has the best cover by far. They should be in a tier all on their own.

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

Here how to fix the problem about tier 1 and balance the servers population :

You can’t transfer to a server ranked higher than yours.

So BG would not get any transfer until it go down in ranking. Eventually every server will get at chance at #1.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

So BG would not get any transfer until it go down in ranking. Eventually every server will get at chance at #1.

that won’t happen

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

that won’t happen

That should happen.

WvW will be a better place and T1 won’t be able to bully and destroy community anymore.

You want a shot at #1? Build a stable community and get some playing skill.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Cynz.9437

that won’t happen

That should happen.

WvW will be a better place and T1 won’t be able to bully and destroy community anymore.

the problem is they won’t remove xfers in such manner; what if a pve’er wants to play with irl friends and they play on t1 server? that is just an example

imo the issue lies within zerg….
- zerging is too effective
- sieging up and upgrading is weak against zergs

conclusion? buff defense and nerf zerging

for example: walls need to be higher or have better protection for defensive sieg
outmanned buff needs complete revamp etc.

All is Vain~

in WvW

Cynz.9437

i think servers should get their crap together and team up against BG just for the lulz

All is Vain~

in WvW

Posted by: Elrithium.4015

Elrithium.4015

Um, SoR hasn’t been a tough fight for BG at all. The BG/SoR are easy matches for BG.

Well BG is the only NA server that is fully populated around the clock due to your immense numbers game so saying what you said is like asking the other tiers to give up when they see you else your players will block out the sun… Please be humble you guys have a immense lead and yes chances are BG is winning but please don’t behave like a scumbag alright? Wanna brag start your own post.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

what if a pve’er wants to play with irl friends and they play on t1 server?

They can guest.

in WvW

Cynz.9437

They can guest.

you can guest only on 2 servers at time… what if i used up my guest tries to run CoE and CoF… i can see major qq from pve comming

All is Vain~

in WvW

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

This league is like inviting someone to your house and then showing them the “embarrassing junk room”. Why it was even started now when wvw is completely broken is beyond me. In the long run I really think its going to drive people away from the game in droves more than anything to date. It has brought out the worst in the communities and exhibited the glaring shortcomings of the game mode and the engine. I know on my home server entire guilds are walking away from wvw and in some cases the game more than I have seen since launch. I also regularly guest on two other servers with friends and they are having the same issue. I was fun for a week or two but now the bigger servers have sufficiently bought there win and most every match is a blow out every week. Being in a smaller guild there is nothing you can do to even remotely effect anything and we usually end up logging out to play lol after a half hour or getting farmed 3v1+. GG the only end game this game had just died.

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

They can guest.

you can guest only on 2 servers at time… what if i used up my guest tries to run CoE and CoF… i can see major qq from pve comming

… dungeon is server-region wide; you dont need to be in the same server with your party members to play in one dungeon instance.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

in WvW

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

SoR always gets 2v1’d. It’s the only way they can have a chance. Also BG pays for guilds. gg no re.

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Typhus.3502

Typhus.3502

T1 is where all the fights are at guys.

Nevermind T1 is 6 servers now, just go to the same 2 or 3. Because 24/7 fights. Fights fights fights.

Oh wait none of the matchups look remotely close whoooops. Fights anyone.

BG/SoR complaining about seeing each other too much? Wait for next season when you roll JQ’s schedule and fight 2 “T2” servers for 5 weeks in a row. Best fights 24/7.

T1 was the best destination for hardcore wvw.. before season 1 started. Now it’s a karma-training boredom fest, except for week 1. I hope week 7 doesn’t disappoint.

[TW] Pumped

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

They can guest.

What if that group of friends want to WvW for a night?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Zikory.6871

SoR always gets 2v1’d. It’s the only way they can have a chance. Also BG pays for guilds. gg no re.

+1

Funny you say that, It was confirmed in the match thread that SoR has helped guilds with transfer costs in the past as well so by your logic, all 3 servers buys guilds. gg

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

+1

Funny you say that, It was confirmed in the match thread that SoR has helped guilds with transfer costs in the past as well so by your logic, all 3 servers buys guilds. gg

The thing that is getting people worked up soo much is that ZDs transfered (they play the gap of SEA and EU) and field a 35+ and they stated they are only taking a vacation to BG. That’s the problem. BG helped pay for a small fraction of their fees even though they only came for a vacation, so in a sense they are just playing mercenaries.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Zikory.6871

+1

The thing that is getting people worked up soo much is that ZDs transfered (they play the gap of SEA and EU) and field a 35+ and they stated they are only taking a vacation to BG. That’s the problem. BG helped pay for a small fraction of their fees even though they only came for a vacation, so in a sense they are just playing mercenaries.

I understand where you’re coming from on that and that you are going to see it from a different perspective. We don’t see them as mercenaries because even if they are only here for vacation, we still want them to feel at home here. If they stay or not is up to them, just like it was for MERC, RISE, Agg, and others, they will do whats best for there guild and Blackgate supports that.

Also I’m assuming you’re using the word “Mercenaries” very loosely. Looking at the definition, they actually lost gold in this move so its not very mercenary like.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

+1

I understand where you’re coming from on that and that you are going to see it from a different perspective. We don’t see them as mercenaries because even if they are only here for vacation, we still want them to feel at home here. If they stay or not is up to them, just like it was for MERC, RISE, Agg, and others, they will do whats best for there guild and Blackgate supports that.

Also I’m assuming you’re using the word “Mercenaries” very loosely. Looking at the definition, they actually lost gold in this move so its not very mercenary like.

Thing is, they moved without any intention of staying. And they lose gold, but they gain “fun” in a sense. So it really depends on how they value the entertainment.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in WvW

Cynz.9437

They can guest.

… dungeon is server-region wide; you dont need to be in the same server with your party members to play in one dungeon instance.

i don’t think you understood what i ment
pve’er X logs in, wants to do CoE, as always CoE is closed on his server so he goes to guest on JQ and does CoE
then to follow the gold train he wants to run CoF, joke is CoF is close don JQ and on his own server so he goes to guest on BG and does CoE
his friend logs in and says hey lets play together, however pve’er X can’t guest for next 24 hours anymore

besides guesing has its own issues, for example if you ended in overflow and q for main server popped, you won’t be teleported to the main server but to log in screen actually

i am not trying to defend this crap and i couldn’t care less but i don’t see this change happening for the sake of wvw

All is Vain~

in WvW

Zikory.6871

+1

Thing is, they moved without any intention of staying. And they lose gold, but they gain “fun” in a sense. So it really depends on how they value the entertainment.

Either way, there stay here would be better suited in the main match up which is BG/SoR/JQ. Out side of how leagues are setup, that’s the real match. And no offence to the other servers, those are the best matches. I just hope week 7 doesn’t turn into a 2v1 BG/JQ (how ever it gos) and is a real battle royal of sorts. Plus we’ll see if ZDs will even stay that long, its been a poor representation of what T1 NA really is. To clarify, I’m not pointing at SoR as the issue, the issue being the lack of SoR/BG/JQ matches or leagues.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

They can guest.

They can’t. It would be insanely easy for servers to abuse that function.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in WvW

Zikory.6871

They can guest.

They can’t. It would be insanely easy for servers to abuse that function.

Exactly! So locking servers based on rank wouldn’t be something Anet would do.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

that won’t happen

1. Build up your skill
2. Build a community
3. Your skillful guilds transfer to T1
4. ?
5. Profit

in WvW

Cynz.9437

that won’t happen

1. Build up your skill
2. Build a community
3. Your skillful guilds transfer to T1
4. ?
5. Profit

story of IOJ, it was great server with good organization untill guilds decided to play somewhere else…

All is Vain~

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Look… Locking transfers anywhere is not the solution. This wasn’t even a problem until ANet made it one by introducing Leagues. 90% of you wouldn’t care if it was JQvSoRvBG for 7 weeks.

Locking transfers is essentially saying, “Other people want to play there, but I don’t want to play here by myself so I’m going to break their legs so they can’t leave.”

You’re reminding me of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

that won’t happen

That should happen.

the problem is they won’t remove xfers in such manner; what if a pve’er wants to play with irl friends and they play on t1 server? that is just an example

imo the issue lies within zerg….
- zerging is too effective
- sieging up and upgrading is weak against zergs

conclusion? buff defense and nerf zerging

for example: walls need to be higher or have better protection for defensive sieg
outmanned buff needs complete revamp etc.

They can’t make walls higher, ranged players won’t be able to hit anything because they would be out of range. When I wa playing my thief, everything was out of range when I tried to shoot something down below. If they make it so that everything below a wall is within range of all ranged shooting from up top while keeping those on top out of range from those below, higher walls would be good.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please keep matchup discussion in the existing matchup thread.