Badges for Ascended Weapons?

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Why not allow WvW players who hate the idea of crafting to get ascended weapons for 1k badges? Their pick on weapon and stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Too easy to farm badges or add Laurels and Glob requirement like the Ascended accessories.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

There should be. Some of us were already rank 300 and stuff before weapon boxes were added to wxp level up rewards. We should be able to buy them for like 2000 badges or somthing. I am still wating for a zerker weapon box and have yet to see one.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

There should be. Some of us were already rank 300 and stuff before weapon boxes were added to wxp level up rewards. We should be able to buy them for like 2000 badges or somthing. I am still wating for a zerker weapon box and have yet to see one.

Not just a weapon box, but a zerker one? That’s RNG on top of RNG. Don’t hold your breath.

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

865+ ranks – 1 weapon box 1 armor box. magi and celestial stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

I like how everytime the idea for ascended gear for badges comes up, people always say “i have too many badges, that isn’t enough.” You can spend hours in regular WvW and get just over a few hundred in a week, thats why the numbers are what people are stating. EotM gives too many badges and this is where these people are playing, a karma train version of WvW with hardly has any real player vs player combat.

Better methods to gain ascended weapons/armor through wvw, and even spvp, play need to be implemented.

-signed a player with a full set of ascended already.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: DemonCow.5328

DemonCow.5328

Better luck than me. I’m at 900 and only have 1 weapon box, but at least it was a stat set I wanted, so I guess I really shouldn’t complain too much.

[TI] Taking Initiative- Tarnished Coast
Guild Leader
takinginitiative.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I’m no rocket surgeon, but. BUT. It may be because you can farm approximately 1000 per day by running in circles while pressing 1 and F.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Niko Stark.8932

Niko Stark.8932

I’d say why not but it would be unfair for everyone who crafted theirs. I wouldn’t mind if we could buy SOME ingredients for Ascended weapons/armors using badges + globs/laurels but not the item itself. I spend thousands of badges just for siege weapons and I can easily replace those by running around EOTM commanding the zerg on a k-train.

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

I’d say why not but it would be unfair for everyone who crafted theirs. …

No! I would not mind at all. After all the fun I had to get my ascended gear (note: sarcasm) I just can’t help it but feel generous!

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I’d say why not but it would be unfair for everyone who crafted theirs.

I crafted mine and would not mind at all, mostly because I despised every second I had to spend crafting my way up and crafting the gear, because for some reason they thought all the other power creep they added to WvW was not enough, so lets add in a new armor/weapon set…

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in WvW

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

Would have been a good idea once and I indeed was hoping to someday be able to get something actually good for my Badges of Honor. As a roamer I probably got 20-40 an hour, depending on how things were going.
Yesterday I got 29 from a single undefended tower in Eotm. Sometimes you fight over Stonemist for hours on end and get 5 Badges in your “reward” chest.
In contrast, I probably make 200-300/h in EotM. EotM rewards are so out of this world compared to normal WvW and absolutely have crushed any potential value Badges of Honor might have had. I don’t see us buying anything good for them unless it costs 10k-15k a piece and then it will again be something that is nearly unobtainable for “normal” WvWers.

(edited by Yuki Chuki.2457)

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Badges are an irrelevant currency after the introduction of EOTM.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

(edited by Grok.6714)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Badges alone stopped being useable for significant rewards in WvW when they started raining out of Achievement chests.

The only chance you got is if they tie in your WvW rank into buying certain rewards with badges. f.e You need to be rank 500 to buy X, and rank 600 to buy Y.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Ascended Accessories using badges and laurels works great IMO. Laurels are time gated and the badge cost isn’t insignificant for most players. Certainly beats the current system that requires a ridiculous number of convoluted steps to produce weapons and armor.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Too easy to farm badges or add Laurels and Glob requirement like the Ascended accessories.

in my experience badges are more rare than t6 mats. until recently anyway. I used to get 10 badges a week getting over 70+kills a night.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

in my experience badges are more rare than t6 mats. until recently anyway. I used to get 10 badges a week getting over 70+kills a night.

They are easily obtained in EoTM.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

eotm may as well be pve at this point. remember that it’s also a recent addition to the game.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Loosmaster.8263

eotm may as well be pve at this point. remember that it’s also a recent addition to the game.

Yes, it’s Anets answer to all of WvWs problems!!!

Tacktical Killers [TK]
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I have 400 ranks and have only ever seen one ascended box drop and that was for a weapon. A previous poster in this topic had 800 ranks and had seen two boxes drop from his rankups.

What we really need is for ascended armour and weapon boxes to appear more frequently than they do. Time put into WvW should be the currency we use to get decent weapons and armour….but compared to PvE, our time is apparently worthless.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Some ppl suggest to add in reward lines like you see in spvp it seems you can get ascended weapons from them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

Used to be you needed to kill enemy players if you wanted a decent badge income.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Always in 2 minds about this sort of thing…

On the one hand, yeah they really do need to reward WvW players better and allow us access to top tier armour through WvW.

But then on the other hand, if they do do that we will be flooded with even more Non-WvW players karma training around in 100 man armies ruining it for the rest of us.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: KumaTazZ.8054

KumaTazZ.8054

The price should be
30 Laurel + 3000 Badge + 30G each

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Better luck than me. I’m at 900 and only have 1 weapon box, but at least it was a stat set I wanted, so I guess I really shouldn’t complain too much.

878, one exotic.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

118 rank. 1 Ascended weapon chest. Then again, it was Apothecary stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Rank 1061 combined on both my accounts: 0 chests.
Rank 20 pvp two days pvping after the big update. 1 Valyk armor chest / celestial ring.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

1000 badges for asc is dirt cheap and easy advantage. go break your back and craft like everyone else.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]