Badges of honor - make them count

in WvW

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Please. Find a way to make them count for the other two types of gameplay (PvE and t/sPvP). After 2k hours, there comes a time that the reduced laurel cost and exotics don’t cut it anymore.

Please allow me to make three suggestions.

- Allow WvW exotics to be forgeable and/or salvageable.
- Allow an exchange of badges of honor for tomes of knowledge, obsidian shards, and/or dragonite ore.
- The best thing you could do – although resource-demanding – is introduce extremely appealing WvW armor and weapons that come at an insane badge cost.

In the meantime, at the very least, consider making badges of honor on par with dungeon tokens. Thank you for your consideration.

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

- The best thing you could do – although resource-demanding – is introduce extremely appealing WvW armor and weapons that come at an insane badge cost.

This is the proper answer. Make it so that an ascended weapon/armor costs 2-5k badges or some such.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: PPie.4576

PPie.4576

One thing I’ve been hoping to see in GW2 for a while are gametype specific skins. PvP recently got the Balthazar backpiece, and soon we will have the mistforge weapons, but that does nothing for the insane amount of badges people have saved up. I would love to see an entire set of exclusive armor skins(or 3; one per armor class) available only for a stupid amount of badges (something like 50k for the set). Give us something to sink our badges into.

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

That won’t help WvW a bit as long as EotM badge’s rewards remains the obscenity that it’s today. Actually, it’d make things worse because of the players leaving regular WvW to go to EotM to get their badges for their awesome unique WvW armors.

[HUE]

in WvW

PPie.4576

It wouldn’t help WvW, you’re right, but give dedicated WvWers something to do with all of their badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah they would definitely need to nerf the rewards in ETOM first. They need to do that anyway actually. Why on earth would they make it so high in rewards in the first place? I mean it just seems that everything they do in relation to WvW is backwards.

in WvW

PPie.4576

It feels like the rewards in EotM are way too high because there is no reason to defend. They should add more relevance to holding places in EotM to supporting a home server. When we start defending these positions, they stop being just being a karma train.

Edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/The-EOTM-K-Train-A-Commanders-Point-Of-View/first#post4090869

This is a better opinion of the EotM rewards, better than anything I could bring to the conversation at least.

(edited by PPie.4576)

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The chests that spawn after you do an event in EoTM and contain shards and badges… These are too much and should be nerfed.

Barring that, I’d suggest at tenfold price increase in the exclusive WvW armor skins, which are too cheap right now.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I think the best solution would be to use Badges of Honor for purchasing WvW upgrades in keeps and towers instead of using real money.

It makes sense that a currency exclusive to WvW would be used in such a scenario rather than generally useful Gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Badges of honor should be usable for ascended gear which currently basically has to be crafted.

in WvW

Posted by: Vladeemer.5076

Vladeemer.5076

This seems a fine opportunity to shamelessly plug the “Badges of Honor for Tomes of Knowledge” thread, since it’s not a bad idea (and has been acknowledged as such by a red post), and doing so irritates the more toxic element:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Badges-for-Tomes-of-Knowledge/page/3

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

1250 badges for a single piece of ascended ( armor or weapon) would give me something to spend my 10k badges on;

It’s also a 30% increase in cost over a FULL set of exotic armor, so the potential for abuse is low.

I might ACTUALLY get some ascended gear then, cause I’m not gonna craft that kitten, and the drop rate is so exceptionally low. I know folks who’ve gotten more precursors than ascended drops….

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Let us buy Superior Blueprints with badges.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

ammayhem.5962

Oh, and can we please get Dire armor stats available through badges too please?

Sorrow’s Furnace

in WvW

Buttercup.5871

That is still a WvW oriented reward. The purpose is to make badges of honor useful for other types of gameplay.

PvE? Get a legendary useable in all game types! Run dungeons all day and – using dungeon tokens – salvage rares or forge a precursor.

PvP? Get an awesome dragon/shark/phoenix finisher to kill your foes in any of the three game types! Kill people all day and you will get these.

WvW? Buy a server transfer to the winning server to possibly get a nice looking weapon skin if you’re lucky! Earn badges to reduce the cost of things you no longer need for any of the other game types!

in WvW

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

That won’t help WvW a bit as long as EotM badge’s rewards remains the obscenity that it’s today. Actually, it’d make things worse because of the players leaving regular WvW to go to EotM to get their badges for their awesome unique WvW armors.

Then you have not seen most WvW players then. Since alot of us have around 80k in badges in our wallets just by doing normal WvW. Before the wallets and EotM, i remember having three bank slots filled with badges before just dumping them into armor for my alts. EotM is just a little bit more faster depending on the instance and color you are since blue is mostly filled with angry srs bzns people while red is has just became a bag farm. Though if you are green you just bathe in badges thats if you are serious about farming EotM all day. Also consider that there are different commanders every three hours and you will more than likely get a different commander than what you had the last cycle so you may have a farming commander one cycle and a commander in training another one. Getting those farms are more luck based during the week in EotM than in normal WvW. I was doing great on EotM last week due to being on green but this week avoid it because every match I have been in in blue has just been either bad commanders or commanders that just get three objectives and runs back to their end at the sight of something on our end being capped while everyone cusses them out for being dumb or leaves.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

no serious wvw player has more than 1,000 boh because any serious player would be spending them on siege, upgrading it to superior and either using it themselves or giving it to a commander or scout.

Anyone who has more than 1,000 boh and is wanting skins etc. for their badges is a selfish pve leech and has no room being in wvw.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

no serious wvw player has more than 1,000 boh because any serious player would be spending them on siege, upgrading it to superior and either using it themselves or giving it to a commander or scout.

Anyone who has more than 1,000 boh and is wanting skins etc. for their badges is a selfish pve leech and has no room being in wvw.

Garbage comment is garbage. I have 12k badges after spending them quite liberally for siege and giving them to commanders. I don’t make superiors because I need those mats for ascended crafting.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Garbage comment is garbage. I have 12k badges after spending them quite liberally for siege and giving them to commanders. I don’t make superiors because I need those mats for ascended crafting.

You must thrive on EoTM, lol

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Lately, yes. Karma to gold is one of the few stable sources of gold these days.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

I have 12,000 Badges.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

Little off topic, but how does one “convert” karma to gold?

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

I don’t make superiors because I need those mats for ascended crafting.

As I said pve leech

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

Prety much this.
Make omegas and donate them to your favourite commander.
Make your commanders happy!
1 Omega = 5 Alphas = 500 Badges.
Fastest way to get rid of the badges.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

in WvW

PPie.4576

The only reliable way I’ve seen to convert Karma to gold is to visit a heart in Bloodtide Coast, the npc is Bram Dawnrazer. He sells a pair of “Cloth Crab Grabbin’ Gloves” (buy the blue ones). Throw em in the forge, salvage the returning pair. You get about 70-80 bolts of linen per 100k karma. Hopefully this drives the price of linen down to something reasonable.

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I don’t make superiors because I need those mats for ascended crafting.

As I said pve leech

I’m not leeching anything asswipe. I’m trying to make a legendary. Selling ascended crafting mats is still somewhat profitable. One of the very few things in this game that is still profitable.

Back on topic. It would be very nice to get some value out of these badges.

The only reliable way I’ve seen to convert Karma to gold is to visit a heart in Bloodtide Coast, the npc is Bram Dawnrazer.

This. On average it’s 10s per 1k karma.

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Buttercup.5871

The discussion between you guys shows how many hoops you have to jump through to get something PvE’ers can get in no time. And the reason is actually quite simple:

You are trying to obtain a PvE-specific goal (legendary) because there is no WvW-specific goal.

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

A legendary weapon isn’t PvE specific but it is a goal that can’t be achieved in WvW. People are leeching WvW because they want one? And it will be my only one, a year and a half into the game.

in WvW

Buttercup.5871

@Herr, none of the long term endgame rewards I mentioned, a legendary through PvE or a dragon/Phoenix/shark finisher through PvP, is exclusive to that gamemode. That’s their beauty. You can use them everywhere. But WvW doesn’t have an exclusive long term goal like that.

A legendary can be obtained through WvW but wasn’t intended to be obtained through WvW. That’s why it takes so incredibly long compared to doing PvE. You can also obtain a legendary through PvP, but you know how long that will take you. And that’s because a legendary wasn’t intended as the unique endgame reward for PvP; extremely cool finishers were.

So here we are. What’s the unique end game reward for WvW? A legendary? If so, make badges on par with dungeon tokens to bridge the gap.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Why we can’t yet is beyond me.

I won’t even buy normal siege any longer.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Baldavier.4132

Baldavier.4132

The discussion between you guys shows how many hoops you have to jump through to get something PvE’ers can get in no time. And the reason is actually quite simple:

You are trying to obtain a PvE-specific goal (legendary) because there is no WvW-specific goal.

:O that’s it!
Make a legendary that requires loads of WvW things!

or .. if that’s too high order
make some finishers wvw only
or some /taunts wvw only
or some skins – oh they’ve done that one

in WvW

Buttercup.5871

@baldaviwr: You cannot obtain those WvW finishers or skins regardless of the server you are on. It is, therefore, not a long term obtainable goal. There is too much luck and circumstances involved that are outside your control.

To illustrate: I got 500 tickets from running a bit of EOTM. I participated maybe 2 hours in borderlands combat throughout the season. Yet, some full-time WvW commanders on other servers who worked their butts off got zip. No tickets for them.

Now let’s go back to PvP and PvE. No one in PvP or in PvE will stop you from getting your long term goal. You will get them, and you will get them within a similar time span.

Again, I’m fine if a legendary is indeed Anets intended long term goal for WvW players. But if it is, they must make badges of honor count.

(edited by Buttercup.5871)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

First of all EotM and regular WvWvW rewards should be normalized. It doesn’t make any sense that EotM has much higher rewards.

I have been using most of my badges to buy supply traps, sieges and some weapon & armor skins. I am a PPT oriented solo player, so I don’t earn that much badges or WXP. Desolation has been relatively bad using supply traps before the leagues. I wanted to show good example and improve our server on this respect. I spent several thousand badges to buy supply traps and was teaching my allies where to place the traps. Now it seems that all the EU gold league servers are using more traps.

This game should allow to buy more items with badges e.g. pieces of ascended armor and weapons, maybe even precursors:

ascended armor piece 1000 badges + 5 laurels + 5-10 g (chest being most expensive)
ascended 1-handed weapon 1000 badges + 7 laurels + 7 gold
ascended 2-handed weapon 1000 badges + 10 laurels + 10 gold
precursor 5000 badges + 100 laurels + 100 gold

This way it would still be expensive and time gated to obtain a precursor. 100 laurels is a lot.

There should be more armor and weapon skins you can buy with badges. Why not allow to buy racial armors with discounted prices using badges? E.g. 400 badges + 1/2 the price of racial armor.

Superior siege should be obtainable with badges. Just make the price of superior siege 5 times higher compared to regular siege. E.g. omega siege golem would cost 500 badges.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Before doing this they should lower the amount of badges you get from EotM. A week ago during season my server got green and I logged into EotM 5 days to level my guard since I was told the experience was insane. Those 5 days of playing I got almost 3.5k badges just for spamming 1.
Therefore it would be ridiculously easy for almost anyone to get ascended stuff at the badge costs people are proposing. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to be able to do stuff with my badges other than pile them up in my wallet.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

- Runes (Account bound)
- Sigils (Account bound)
- Tomes of Knowledge
- Superior Siege (Account bound, circumvented by dropping and picking up)
- All the gear stats available (Account bound still)
- Food and Oils (Account bound)
- Ascended weapons and armour (Tradable. jokes)

Just some ideas.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

WvW exclusive ascended armor (or just skins) for high badge costs (2500-5000 a piece, perhaps. well within limits for anyone who is a dedicated wvwer)

Personally I don’t want anything “too” good for wvw though. don’t want all the pve-ers queueing up wvw and trying to karma train while dedicated wvwers are actually trying to win

@Nymph of Meliai

I have about 4k badges on hand atm, and about 20 of every siege on hold (including golems) the thing is, siege is so cheap that practically every commander is in surplus of them.

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Why do we even post threads like this anymore? We’ve been asking for this crap for a year and a half. We got a vendor that sells some standard exotics, not all, need gold too, and karma skins.

Maybe in another year when no one is left in WvW this will happen.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: HugoCosta.6735

HugoCosta.6735

First of all EotM and regular WvWvW rewards should be normalized. It doesn’t make any sense that EotM has much higher rewards.

I have been using most of my badges to buy supply traps, sieges and some weapon & armor skins. I am a PPT oriented solo player, so I don’t earn that much badges or WXP. Desolation has been relatively bad using supply traps before the leagues. I wanted to show good example and improve our server on this respect. I spent several thousand badges to buy supply traps and was teaching my allies where to place the traps. Now it seems that all the EU gold league servers are using more traps.

This game should allow to buy more items with badges e.g. pieces of ascended armor and weapons, maybe even precursors:

ascended armor piece 1000 badges + 5 laurels + 5-10 g (chest being most expensive)
ascended 1-handed weapon 1000 badges + 7 laurels + 7 gold
ascended 2-handed weapon 1000 badges + 10 laurels + 10 gold
precursor 5000 badges + 100 laurels + 100 gold

This way it would still be expensive and time gated to obtain a precursor. 100 laurels is a lot.

There should be more armor and weapon skins you can buy with badges. Why not allow to buy racial armors with discounted prices using badges? E.g. 400 badges + 1/2 the price of racial armor.

Superior siege should be obtainable with badges. Just make the price of superior siege 5 times higher compared to regular siege. E.g. omega siege golem would cost 500 badges.

Would be nice if we could exchange badge of honor to laurels too

in WvW

Buttercup.5871

Those 5 days of playing I got almost 3.5k badges just for spamming 1.

Leaving the leveling aspect aside, I think the point is: you’d have gotten the same amount of dungeon tokens in that time running dungeons. But those dungeon tokens convert to salvageable and forgeable rares and exotics. They effectively double the reward. Your 3,5k badges, on the other hand, cannot be used to work on any long term endgame personal goal (such as a legendary).

in WvW

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Those 5 days of playing I got almost 3.5k badges just for spamming 1.

Leaving the leveling aspect aside, I think the point is: you’d have gotten the same amount of dungeon tokens in that time running dungeons. But those dungeon tokens convert to salvageable and forgeable rares and exotics. They effectively double the reward. Your 3,5k badges, on the other hand, cannot be used to work on any long term endgame personal goal (such as a legendary).

You are right, anyway what I meant with it is that the amount of badges you can get in EotM is far superior to the amount you can get in WvW

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Headless.3718

Headless.3718

People suggesting 1k badges for ascended armor is kittenedly low compared to the normal crafting costs. It should be at least 5k per piece + gold.

in WvW

ammayhem.5962

Heck, I remember when we could regularly get siege from rank up chests. Now that’s become rather rare.

I’ll also agree that I think it’s crap that EOTM gets a ton more badges than regular WvW. Perhaps they shouldn’t completely nerf EOTM, but have both regular WvW and EOTM meet somewhere in the middle on awarding badges.

Sorrow’s Furnace