Been gone for 4 months

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepyy.1598

Sleepyy.1598

^

Been gone for around 4 months and STILL no new map or drastic changes? at least that I’m aware of?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

no, the toaster still hasn’t transformed into a bathtub.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

They’re working on it. Try holding your breath…

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Sleepyy.1598

They’re working on it. Try holding your breath…

I die then.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Jscull.2514

Jscull.2514

We played for a year and feel the same way. Not to 1 up your 4 months… But it’s a joke from the players perspective how a couple meaningless ranks and some seige mastery is all that has been implemented in a year. Laughable.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Sleepyy.1598

We played for a year and feel the same way. Not to 1 up your 4 months… But it’s a joke from the players perspective how a couple meaningless ranks and some seige mastery is all that has been implemented in a year. Laughable.

Yea.. Up until 4 months ago, I played long hours everyday which was probably 90% spent in WvW because it was fun. I just got tired from waiting patch after patch and nothing drastic being done to WvW. I got bored and it just felt like a grind. I was at least hoping that maybe if I stopped playing for somewhat a lengthy time that I could come back and be surprised but instead everything is just about exactly the same.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Yea.. Up until 4 months ago, I played long hours everyday which was probably 90% spent in WvW because it was fun. I just got tired from waiting patch after patch and nothing drastic being done to WvW. I got bored and it just felt like a grind. I was at least hoping that maybe if I stopped playing for somewhat a lengthy time that I could come back and be surprised but instead everything is just about exactly the same.

It’s not the same. There’s about 1/3 less people playing wvw or more.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Anet worked kitten the recent colour changes and more stuff that no one asked for… O.o

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

but but but you guys, devon said soon!

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

The circle jerk is strong in this one.

You guys must be bored.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

The circle jerk is strong in this one.

You guys must be bored.

Yea we were bored downed state made us lose fights we would win in any other game based off having to kill someone we already killed….. AGAIN. Playing against people who designated rezzers in a Zerg to nullify any people we put on their kitten because we couldn’t stop the ridiculous dmg on 25-30 people.

We got bored because when we’d beat someone square even, they’d come back with more people to guarantee a win rather than get better and focus more to beat us.

We got bored cuz after a year we got supply mastery. We never even pick up supply… It’s useless. After a year we got “ranks” that help us pve when we bought the game to solely pvp.

We got bored cuz the community is a “social lounge” full of role players and not teams that want to beat the best teams in player vs player…

Yea… That all will drive any good player the other direction.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Watch this Friday’s livestream.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Anet worked kitten the recent colour changes and more stuff that no one asked for… O.o

This, give the puppies us what we ask for. Where are those baby alligator commander changes we asked for since beta? Why are there still so many pve aspects on all the maps. And where the bambis is our GVG map!

Only thing I hear on those livestreams is we read the forums and respond to your suggestions, we think they are great but because they aren’t coming from us we aren’t going to implement them. Sorry, here have new colours.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Why are there still so many pve aspects on all the maps.

Why shouldn’t there be?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Same bat time? Same bat channel?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dude our guild quit. Unless youre about to remove downed state, increase the Aoe cap, and give us player vs player abilities via ranks…. Doesn’t matter what you say. We played your game for a year almost every night. Super competitively. You let everyone who is a competitive pvp gamer down. And your, “check out our living world content, I suspect you’ll enjoy it” comments are a slap in your customers face.

Did PAXA and RG core players quit or are you all anticipating ESOL and CU and playing part-time? I doubt folks went back to DAoC

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Love Devon, I respond to your response and you infract it. Classic.

PAXA is gone. Not sure about RG don’t know them. We couldn’t spend one more frustrating second in this game headed south. To answer your question, well probably try ESO, but the main event is dark age 2. Thank god mark Jacobs has been thru the ringer and back.

Devon, someone should ask you what your business plan via your job of “updating wvw as LEAD designer” is for when other games come out and gw2 blows up. Answer that question with some straight to the point facts brother.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

What is it now? Critters Mastery? Killing a critter creep will give you 1% crit chance? I love it Devon! Btw, more PvE update so WvW will be so lively Devon!

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

You came here with absolutely NO ability to process feedback. When you were given a hint of something being announced you just noted “well heck, we already gone duuuh”.

Why are you here then? Don’t respond like you never cared in the first place and move on.

I for one will wait to see what the announcement is. Bye.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Dude our guild quit. Unless youre about to remove downed state, increase the Aoe cap, and give us player vs player abilities via ranks…. Doesn’t matter what you say. We played your game for a year almost every night. Super competitively. You let everyone who is a competitive pvp gamer down. And your, “check out our living world content, I suspect you’ll enjoy it” comments are a slap in your customers face.

Did PAXA and RG core players quit or are you all anticipating ESOL and CU and playing part-time? I doubt folks went back to DAoC

well cu is still at least 1.5 years out, but i cant wait. no pve!yay! i dont know about eso.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

PAXA is gone. Not sure about RG don’t know them. We couldn’t spend one more frustrating second in this game headed south. To answer your question, well probably try ESO, but the main event is dark age 2. Thank god mark Jacobs has been thru the ringer and back.

Devon, someone should ask you what your business plan via your job of “updating wvw as LEAD designer” is for when other games come out and gw2 blows up. Answer that question with some straight to the point facts brother.

Yeah sounds like this game is not for you. Nowhere in the lead up to WvW did they say it was all about hard core PvP. In fact, I remember it was advertised to be designed for a wide audience and that people who normallly woudn’t play PvP would enjoy it and would be about large scale battles involving sieging structures.

(edited by Johje Holan.4607)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Vena.8436

Yea we were bored downed state made us lose fights we would win in any other game based off having to kill someone we already killed….. AGAIN.

Then you obviously didn’t kill them… now did you?

Honestly, I’m not sure when the last time was when we lost a fight because of a mechanic we were aware of long before engaging. We wipe because we kitten up or because we don’t properly choke/kite a larger force, not because of downed state. (Even rally bots are usually not an issue because we know how to lose them or how to let them die first, on purpose, before even engaging fully.)

Poison + stability stomping is your friend. I’d like to see five designated ressers, all stacked on guy taking full cleave damage, get through poison in 2 seconds. Because it won’t happen, and they’re all hilariously easy targets.

But you seem to also want PvP abilities for grinding… and in general just want to recreate the DAoC effect of: run into mob of players -> stun lock -> nuke.

[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: BillDoor.8923

BillDoor.8923

LoL Not even promise things are soon changing but a promise that soon we will get a another promise that things are changing (maybe)!

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

LoL Not even promise things are soon changing but a promise that soon we will get a another promise that things are changing (maybe)!

More traps and a fix to the missing merchant on some BL.

~ Gandara

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Devon, I really hope this BL change is good with the way you have been hyping it up for weeks now. There have been many valid concerns raised by the community which haven’t been responded to.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Look – a carrot! Run fast and catch it!

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Yeah sounds like this game is not for you. Nowhere in the lead up to WvW did they say it was all about hard core PvP. In fact, I remember it was advertised to be designed for a wide audience and that people who normallly woudn’t play PvP would enjoy it and would be about large scale battles involving sieging structures.

No one expects WvW to be all about hard core PvP, but no one also expects it to be carebear, hello kitty island adventure either. This game has taken ‘lowering the bar’ to an epic new level.

~ AoN ~

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Shoe.5821

but no one also expects it to be carebear, hello kitty island adventure either.

what, do we need corpse loot and death penalties now?

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

but no one also expects it to be carebear, hello kitty island adventure either.

what, do we need corpse loot and death penalties now?

We wanted something a little more challenging than Mario cart.

The game is on one track and one track only. Zerg for points, avoid enemy player contact because its not worth points. Hit some door, jump on seige and press 3 buttons.

…. Like I said Mario cart. Like Niim said, hello kitty island is fun when your 6.

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Shoe.5821

lmfao.

if you want fights go get fights. they’re available.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

What is it now? Critters Mastery? Killing a critter creep will give you 1% crit chance? I love it Devon! Btw, more PvE update so WvW will be so lively Devon!

we’ll be getting PvE mastery
rank 1: +50% magic find
rank 2: +50 gold find
rank 3: ability to steal gold and/or items from WvW players
rank 4: create-your-own-ability, we’ll put it in game, but only for PvE
rank 5: developer domination. you get 100% of Anet’s attention 100% of the time, up from the previous 99%.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

lol
/15 characters

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

we’ll be getting PvE mastery
rank 1: +50% magic find
rank 2: +50 gold find
rank 3: ability to steal gold and/or items from WvW players
rank 4: create-your-own-ability, we’ll put it in game, but only for PvE
rank 5: developer domination. you get 100% of Anet’s attention 100% of the time, up from the previous 99%.

ftw

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Vena.8436

The game is on one track and one track only. Zerg for points, avoid enemy player contact because its not worth points. Hit some door, jump on seige and press 3 buttons.

How does one avoid enemy players if they are behind/on top of some door? Zerging itself isn’t actually what gets you points, holding objectives is…

Holding -> Defending -> Defending = Defenders -> Defenders are Players -> Defenders fight Attackers -> Attackers must kill Defenders -> Players must fight Players.

If I and my small group build three catapults on your wall, you don’t run away from us (well unless you have no idea what you’re doing). And we’re usually not going to do it if the zerg isn’t occupied elsewhere and, in the end, what happens is small team combat where players fight players.

But I’m convinced you and I play different games, possibly on different planes of existence.

[Eon] – Blackgate

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Don’t worry guys! The more we complain, the more funds and man hours they’ll have available to allocate to WvW design and programming!

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Phantom that post gave me such a good laugh lol! Right on dude! Lol

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Glenn.3417

Glenn.3417

the DAoC effect of: run into mob of players -> stun lock -> nuke.

I haven’t got the foggiest clue what daoc or w/e is, but “run into mob of players – stun lock – nuke” is what wvw battles are in gw2 sadly.
Just have a bunch of guardians, warriors and eles stun while spamming auto attack.

Champion Phantom – Legionnaire – Genius – Magus

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Looking forward to one more livestream with that guy with glasses showing us the use of masteries that a serious player would find useful once in a blue moon and that are easily countered by any 7 year old, just make sure to hit the krait this time!

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

uf… this doesnt sound good at all…

i honestly dont know what wvw team could promise to make community feel better about wvw.

i wish you luck. wouldnt like to be in your shoes right now:)

PS. feel exactly the same as everybody else.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

=> => Happy zergs in pve now, what did you expect after only 4 months ? ^^

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

^

Been gone for around 4 months and STILL no new map or drastic changes? at least that I’m aware of?

I wouldn’t waste your time until there are some meaningful and impact full changes. Supposedly there will be “soon,” but I wouldn’t hold my breath. For many, wvw is a time sink until ESO and Unchained are out.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

For many, wvw is a time sink until ESO and Unchained are out.

ESO announced a $15 monthly sub. It better be unbelievably great to charge a sub in this market space.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Emerge.9640

Emerge.9640

Personally I’d rather pay as sub over the FTP model any day.

ROAM | Oink | TLP

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Just my opinion but GW2 is the best MMO out there right now and it not having a sub is icing on a pretty good cake. For me to jump ship, the game would obviously have to exceed GW2 and with a sub by quite a large margin.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Jscull.2514

Just my opinion but GW2 is the best MMO out there right now and it not having a sub is icing on a pretty good cake. For me to jump ship, the game would obviously have to exceed GW2 and with a sub by quite a large margin.

I will never play a free to play mmo again. Ill take the 15$ fee all day if it holds the company accountable for growth and expansion. This model doesnt work clearly. And best mmo out there? Maybe if your brand new to mmo’s and love “living world content updates” comin outaaaa ya ears….

PAXA -GM

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Gandalf The Grey.1058

Gandalf The Grey.1058

Summary of ANets live stream:
Soon.
Possibly soon.
Maybe in the future.
Soon.
We love kittens
Soon.
Possibly soon.

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Soon.
Possibly soon.
Maybe in the future.
Soon.
We love kittens
Soon.
Possibly soon.

lol

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

For many, wvw is a time sink until ESO and Unchained are out.

ESO announced a $15 monthly sub. It better be unbelievably great to charge a sub in this market space.

If they charge me $15/month rather then me spending the equiv in the gemstore all the apologists that think its ok to treat us like garbage because we are not paying a sub will have to find another excuse..

~ AoN ~

Been gone for 4 months

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Soon.
Possibly soon.
Maybe in the future.
Soon.
We love kittens
Soon.