Best Guilds NA/EU

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Gone Finshin.9452

Gone Finshin.9452

This is open to Discussion but I just wanted a thread on what guilds people think the best guilds out there right now are. This can go from small man groups of 5 up to the 30-40 man groups that run around, this doesn’t necessarily need to be GvG guilds, just what guilds you think are the best at open field and the funnest to fight.

#1 Monk NA

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

From Jade Quarry: TKG, FB, Ge
From Sanctum of Rall: HIRE, TW, Choo

Withholding opinions about guilds in my own server. There’s good ones and there are some… less than stellar guilds.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

My vote goes to RUN naturally

But other than my own guild it’s easily SPCA, Tm and Holy from NSP.

Going against that group 1v1 or even 15-20 v 5 favoring the pug zerg it can and usually will result in a wipe on our end.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Ristillath.6745

Ristillath.6745

I think that Red Guard, Good old Days and VII are the best out there in the EU.

I don’t know any Guild from NA. Would be interesting to hear some names of good Guilds in NA and if they are better than the EU ones. Could be an interesting discussion.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Supreme Justice.9508

Supreme Justice.9508

Jade Quarry- Agg, HzH, Ge, (upcoming PR)
SoR- CHOO
BG- HB

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Prowie.7460

Prowie.7460

up to the 30-40 man groups that run around,

the skill is gone after +25

Prowie – Ultimate Dominator
GvG Veteran

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Supreme Justice.9508

not true. look up the guild agg, if you have seen them in wvw before they run 35+ and have an extreme amount of skill

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

nice blob skill yeah xD
but honestly running 30+ is just way too easy and make it no fun for other guild groups to fight

Roleplayer.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I haven’t seen all the servers…
From recent memory…

Small man: [XOXO] from NSP was really good.
GvG type guilds: [Ark] from Maguuma and [EP] from SoS stick out to me.

~Tarnished Coast~

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

[ETA] from SoS was pretty coordinated

[BAEGS] from SBI is very disciplined yet fun

[VR]+ some other tag i forgot from Maguuma are pretty skilled and dont count on melee

[Ark] also very skillful along with [EP]

[CNB] from SoS can sure take a punch

Thats my top from what I’ve encountered

Commander Nachonix

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Supreme Justice.9508

nice blob skill yeah xD
but honestly running 30+ is just way too easy and make it no fun for other guild groups to fight

unless your going against other big guilds, like the ones bg and sor have

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

[DHP] – Danish Hippo Spa from TC.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

In EU the guild on my server deserves some credit [INC] from GH
And the best from enemy servers I think must be VII from aurora.

But more important is that in the last couple of months we fought really fun guilds from almost all servers.
Right now we are fighting Augery Rock and I must say they are a class act all of them. Fun fights, no gankers and no disrespect whatsoever. Very impressed with that server. Reminds me of Millers Sound, also a great server.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

I have played in NA previously and now reside in EU. Have played there since leagues finished.

The question is fairly broad. I see two main components to being the top guild in WvW:

1. Open field fights.
Without a doubt in my mind this would go to (Agg) Agression. Their composition is great. Even the direct counters to it will struggle immensely if things do not go their way because Agg do it well. I honestly would love nothing more for this game than for Agg to clash with some of the top EU guilds. On their down side, they don’t play the PPT game and often their actions are detrimental to overall PPT.

2. The PPT game
Some will make snide thoughts about this one. But its a big part of the game and one that shows alot of skill and knowledge in the game. Right now, there are quite a few guilds I could name that are right up there in playing the PPT game. But the one I would name as being top is (GoF) Get of Fenris from Blackgate. Its not hard to see the difference between EU and NA right now. NA plays the PPT game on a whole other level to EU players. And its guilds like GoF that I see paving the way, training the militia and setting high standards. Finality, one of their lead commanders, has a good knowledge of the game and implements it with a certain charisma that is about getting the job done and never lets his ego get in the way of good commanding. On their downside, they are reasonable at open field but they are not a standout.

But overall, I don’t know who I would say the top guild is. There isn’t one out there that screams to be the dominant force in both PPT gameplay and open field fighting. Some are stronger than others at certain things but none out there are clear top dogs at the whole game that is WvW.

(edited by nirvana.8245)

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I can only speak of EU Guilds, and now that VoTF have disbanded I probably have to say Red Guard. I’ve clashed with both, Red Guard of old, and VoTF of recent and old, and no Guild I have ever faced have impressed me and hit me as hard as the recent VoTF. Red Guard are and always have been awesome but since their small break, VoTF raised that bar to a whole new lvl, and then unfortunately left it there as a marker for all to compete to. Red Guard were and always will be my favorite, but in my eyes the recent VoTF were better.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Blackhat.4016

Blackhat.4016

I can only speak of EU Guilds, and now that VoTF have disbanded I probably have to say Red Guard. I’ve clashed with both, Red Guard of old, and VoTF of recent and old, and no Guild I have ever faced have impressed me and hit me as hard as the recent VoTF. Red Guard are and always have been awesome but since their small break, VoTF raised that bar to a whole new lvl, and then unfortunately left it there as a marker for all to compete to. Red Guard were and always will be my favorite, but in my eyes the recent VoTF were better.

I’m slightly disappointed by Red Guard tbh. My server plays against them right now and while they’re able to handle most blobs they seem to struggle against other guilds. Yes, they still win a lot of fights but I remember them being more dominant. Maybe they still need to recover from the break.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

We haven’t disbanded, just decided on a different course to GW2. You can check out why in an article on our new site. votf.net

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

(edited by Aneu.1748)

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Ixl Super Ixl.7258

Ixl Super Ixl.7258

the [VoTF] team from last 2 months was definetly the best guild in game. 5-1 vs VI and 5-0 vs GD is not something easy to achieve. However VoTF stopped playing gw2 and moved to another game now so i would prob say VI is the best eu team atm. As members of VoTF me and posi will carry the VoTF legacy in spvp though!
Best spvp comebackever?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5c8YXNLig

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

We haven’t disbanded, just decided on a different course to GW2. You can check out why in an article on our new site. votf.net

Sorry my mistake on choosing the word “disbanded”, noticed lots of ur players in other guilds now and no longer see the VoTF tag around the server and when i asked one of them “whats up with VoTF these days?” he said most of em are playing a different game now. But in all fairness you guys were top dogs, and loved playing the same map with you (apart from the time VoTF/Punk/kale in gunnars garri and GH all brought a train of upscaled warriors to continuously banner the lord for what seemed forever lol really friggin annoying).

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: tehfoks.5120

tehfoks.5120

not true. look up the guild agg, if you have seen them in wvw before they run 35+ and have an extreme amount of skill

And that is the truth. We never run under 35, especially since we have 37 active members. 2 offline members are absolutely unacceptable. Either we have 35, or we log out and go play league. #in promo for plastic 7

[Agg]ression – Nfn

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: guns.3980

guns.3980

Good Old Days, Red Guard and VII are the three best active WvW guilds in Europe in my humble opinion. VotF and Scnd were on that level too but both are now defunct, so I would argue those are the top 3.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

I like tM & SPCA from NSP. Both are small man guilds.

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Sorry my mistake on choosing the word “disbanded”, noticed lots of ur players in other guilds now and no longer see the VoTF tag around the server and when i asked one of them “whats up with VoTF these days?” he said most of em are playing a different game now.

Thats more a case of players repping different tags while playing WvW as votf is no longer in gw2 and we would not wish people to think we are. All those players remain within votf (except 2 who wanted to stay in gw2 permanently).

As far as current guilds, I am not sure whats going on with VII, I do hope to see a GD vs RG matchup, and look forward to other guilds stepping up.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

nice blob skill yeah xD

Running under 30+ is boring and just makes it no fun to fight for other guilds!

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Haltair.3062

Haltair.3062

I would say that the top6 in GvG would had been RG, VOTF, SCND, GD, VII and BULL.

Best,

Haltair, one of the Twelve Shadows

Haltair, One of the Twelve Shadows
Baruch Bay´s Thieves Brotherhood, Order of Shadows
Orden de Sombras [OdS]

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Good Old Days[GD](Elona Reach) and Red Guard[RG](Piken Square).

I would be really interessted in a GvG between them.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Can someone post a real guild already? With a couple of exceptions from EU only randoms so far.

(edited by mini.6018)

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Can someone post a real guild already? With a couple of exceptions from EU only randoms so far.

ahh boohoo is your guild not on the list..

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

Good Old Days[GD](Elona Reach) and Red Guard[RG](Piken Square).

I would be really interessted in a GvG between them.

yes would love to see that

Roleplayer.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

There is a lot of variation on what makes a guild “good”. A defensive guild might be able to hold a keep against almost anything; but the simplicity of it (compared to dominating in other ways) keeps them out of the limelight.
Likewise a guild that blobs or rallies PuGs to them might be quite good at it’s core; but doesn’t dominate as much due to the influence of those PuGs.

The guild that has impressed me the most lately, has to be EP. They are extremely flexible, their members and commanders are willing to be flexible and help anyone who’s tagged up outside of their raid times, and even when they are raiding they will respond to urgent calls if a key structure is in trouble.

There are not many guilds at that level that manage to retain that level of flexibility.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Coming from the middle tiers I would say Agg was one of the toughest our server ran into as far as skill groups.

GF especially “back in the day” had some good roamers/skirmish groups. Despite most on our server hating the style of play, Bsty is one of the most dangerous gank squads I have run into.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sylosis.7125

Sylosis.7125

Real shame about VOTF, guess they heard RG was back? lolz

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Coming from an NA player: Agg, NS, TKG, TW, and Choo. Choo has looked pretty big in size recently but they are still very organized.

Maguuma Guardian

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Is NS back on JQ? We had them briefly on SoS but they didn’t stay long or connect with anyone.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

BUNS, because we are… BUNS. Pft.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I think the best guilds are the ones that stay on their server and help run it. No one writes songs about the guilds that put up websites, resolve drama, host TS, lead events but I think that’s the hard thing ’cause you have to keep showing up and fighting when things are actually tough.

It’s pretty hard to to make things work with people who aren’t in your guild ‘cause ultimately all you have in common with them is that you connect to the same server in the login screen. It’s more about reachin out and workin with people who may not share your common goals and that can lead to all sorts of challenges.

Guilds like that make the servers.

Gate of Madness

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Coming from an NA player: Agg, NS, TKG, TW, and Choo. Choo has looked pretty big in size recently but they are still very organized.

Some of these zergs we couldn’t handle with our numbers some nights so we’ve had to tag up.

As for this thread, from T1 (NA).
JQ: Agg
BG: Ons

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

(edited by Mighty Assasin.3816)

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Seuche.4809

Seuche.4809

I think the best guilds are the ones that stay on their server and help run it.

Noooooooooooot

Bloody Baal – Disturbed Squad [DISS]
Riverside
WvW Rank 3000+

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Some of these zergs we couldn’t handle with our numbers some nights so we’ve had to tag up.

As for this thread, from T1 (NA).
JQ: Agg
BG: Ons

Was running with OnS the night we had a three way with you guys and Agg. 3 way stand off with troll siege throwing etc. Real fun until TW also came and joined the party. Didn’t get too many bags compared to farming PPT guilds and pug zergs on the open field, but it was kitten fun.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

how about a low-tier vote: GOM [ASH]

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Most fun to play against? Any guild that doesn’t come up with one ridiculous reason after the other for losing.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Thustlewhumber.7416

Thustlewhumber.7416

Agg/NS is by far my favorite to fight.

SF, ONS, and EE are also much fun. CHOO is a powerhouse, so is DN. FEAR and RET are also solid, and it will be interesting to fight them when SoR hits T2.

WvW Necro

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Still only pvdoor guilds and randoms i see.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

All this list tells me is that the game is floundering about with no good guilds. How bad do things have to be for a guild like NS or HzH to be listed?

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

Any guild other than Shadow Gypsies on JQ. They are always ruining the server.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Any guild other than Shadow Gypsies on JQ. They are always ruining the server.

We refer to them as free bags.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

I don’t know, VII isn’t the VII you used to know or fight anymore, even TUP (Dat burst damage, much wow) were much of a challenge to fight with, maybe they lost some core group, or they were raiding with uplevels ! If you ask me which are the best guilds at the moment,considering VoTF and Scnd are inactive, I would say GD, Mya (Melee train hurts!) and dF. Haven’t fought reformed RG yet, but they should be there at the top.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Brigita.3940

Amelia Brigita.3940

Agg/NS is by far my favorite to fight.

SF, ONS, and EE are also much fun. CHOO is a powerhouse, so is DN. FEAR and RET are also solid, and it will be interesting to fight them when SoR hits T2.

Adding votes for Agg and OnS.

FEAR and RET both moved servers, so you don’t have to wait for SOR to drop to find them…but their absence simply leaves room for other guilds to step up and shine.

Amelia Syleste / Amelia Robles / Abra Cadavher
Moderator – /r/guildwarsdyejob
Get your fashion fix.

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Best EU guild we have faced is RG both in GvG and open field. Their use of fields in open wvw and not just in GvGs was a new sight on NA servers when they moved to JQ.

Best NA guilds we have faced is AGG and BT. Both were solid open field guilds that never backed down from a fight. I heard AGG lost alot of members, which might be the reason we rarely see them in EST anymore. I would love to try and fight them again with their lower numbers and practise from GvGs.

Best OCX guild we have faced is TKG. Playing during the morning local time, weve only faced these guys a few times, both its great none the less.

Best SEA guild we have faced is NYS. Their use of open field portals is second to none compared to any other guild weve faced in any timezone.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

Best Guilds NA/EU

in WvW

Posted by: Flamu.2319

Flamu.2319

I’m slightly disappointed by Red Guard tbh. My server plays against them right now and while they’re able to handle most blobs they seem to struggle against other guilds. Yes, they still win a lot of fights but I remember them being more dominant. Maybe they still need to recover from the break.

Wut. RG has only played 2 GvG’s since returning and won them both convincingly, what guilds have we struggled against?