Bloodlust [merged]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: suprNovae.5410

suprNovae.5410

Wasn’t able to quote Habib Loew. Silly me.
Can anyone from the dev team tell me what made you think different about the buffs?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Orbs-will-be-removed-from-WvW-in-an-upcoming-build/first#post608170
kitten the GvGs (else I get ignored by the Dev team :P) but with your new implementation you detroyed (imo) every form of competetive play (1vs1 5vs5 etc..).

The thought was good but firstly the buff is to strong. Just give us for every orb buff mf/gf/etc. That is something people would really like to fight for.
I don’t want to fight for something so the opponent server don’t have it. I want to fight for a really exclusive reward.

2nd the camps/circles or what ever are way too close. I hoped that I could roam there but unfortunately it escalated in mindless zerging. I wasn’t able to fight there with a group of 5+ people. Maybe it’s a problem of the tier I am.
I wish the camps would be really wide spread so it’s hard for every server to hold 3 camps.

3rd thing. imho it’s completely fail that you don’t have to hold a camp to keep the bloodlust buff. Once you got it it will just dissapear if another server got the buff. It should dissapear instantly when you have less than 3 camps. Same goes for 5 neutralized camps. 5 neutralized camps = 0 bloodlust buffs for any server.

Sry for sometimes not using the right terms and for things which already have been addressed. Wasn’t able to read through the whole pages. :P

Clint B E Eastwood – Guardian
Callous Philosophy [LaG]
† Good Old Days [GD]

(edited by suprNovae.5410)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Kitsune.4280

Kitsune.4280

Just give us for every orb buff mf/gf/etc. That is something people would really like to fight for.

It seems that they have to remove the stat buff completely. Any stat. Their servers can’t deal with this amount of information and WvW is simply unplayable now. Don’t know, maybe they could implement some kind of weekly revard for those servers/players, that’ve managed to hold these points for the longest term, but anyway, the revard shouldn’t be something that the servers have to count each minute. The buff is really unpleasant by itself and constant lag spikes can hardly make this game more enjoyable.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Professor Forum: Under ideal imagined circumstances, my theory holds true! Under real circumstances that can be fairly guaranteed to happen to everyone, my theory is not fact. In defense of my theory, it does not respect facts!

Thank you for your thoughts.

Are you for real? The only reason commanders are mishandling the ruins right now is because it’s the shiny new thing and conventional wisdom has not yet established at which point in the “defender’s priority list” the ruins should settle. My personal bet is it will be below any kind of keep, below fully upgraded T3 towers, possibly higher than an unupgraded tower, but even this is doubtful especially at off peak because the stomping buff is weaker during those times since you don’t have enemies to stomp in the first place.

Regardless of the final place this will settle in, you can be pretty much sure that once it has been established no one will ever lose a keep (or the ruin buff if it turns out to be more important) again in such a way. Well, almost no one, I guess nabs will always be there…

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Gaeas.1720

Gaeas.1720

Changing the stacking stat buffs was already requested for removal, but you know Anet knows best.
+150 power/vitality/crit/healing power/etc cannot possibly be unbalancing if everybody on your server has it.
All you need is the most coverage, and you can faceroll the other servers.
Perhaps Anet might consider having a public test server.

Anet does not care about WvW!
they only care about their Spvp Esport which blows. that should have been enough for us to see that this game will never be what we thought it could be.

100 % agree

they just build a spvp area in the WvW.
Rip GvG and Rip WvW. Gratz Spvp youre the only user in this Game.

Guild leader/Raid leader
Semper Concordia [SC]http://www.semper-concordia.enjin.com/
Abaddons Mouth (DE)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

#freehabib……..

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

This new orb area is right in the center of the map… almost every tower is just a quick stroll away from the area. The bigger server can easily camp the area and move wherever needed should a tower be attacked.

If Anet really wanted zergs to spread out more, they would have put the capture points in disparate locations (tons of space in the NE and NW). But they didn’t. Probably because this makes a feel more like sPvP and Anet’s hoping this will push people towards sPvP.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Wow, Lobo! I love your idea! +1

you may think zerging is the wrong way to do it, but if a server has the numbers they will brute force it all the way. Just because some pencil —-- desk jockey that doesn’t play the game didn’t plan on it being done that way doesn’t mean it won’t be done that way.

Moonlight [THRU]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

I’m not sure why they didn’t just give the buffs to the npcs and not players. It makes upgrading the camps/towers actually useful. Which makes defending and upgrading points not so pointless.

but since it is the way it is, new buff is BS and only a person with an IQ of 1 would think otherwise. glaringly obvious this should not have ever gone live

I’d like to see this happen actually. I would rather the Bloodlust be made into an NPC only buff. Or how about additional buffs when all 3 stacks are gained by a server? Such as +movement speed for yaks or faster Supply/Tower/Keep/SMC upgrade. Buffs that actually benefit the WvW meta not stat boosts for the players.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

Carver is pulling a disappearing act it seems, he’s into magic as well.

He pulled the same act back a few months ago with the arrow cart mastery, it was glorious. A modern day Dumbledore, hell, even he is taking notes on the magnificent Carver.

[One]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I can only stand on the sidelines and /point /laugh at this game now..
The dev’s are so oblivious to anything that would make this game fun..
Good thing we have a whole year of great game releases in front of us.! (so releasing early was a good move in anet’s part.. since noone will buy this game after asia release.

And to think i used to defend this company and game vs wow,daoc,aoc players.. yuk..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Well after an afternoon, a prime time and a morning session of trying out the new ruleset… lopsided matches are simply not worth playing anymore, even having fights just for fun are no longer possible.

if the bloodlust was a “per map” bonus (ie: you only get one stack and only for the map you are on) that would possibly be worth trying.. otherwise, no real point to wasting time on WvW anymore.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: trapline.8541

trapline.8541

Just going to add my feedback into the black hole here, not very confident it’s reaching the people that could ever do anything about it, but hey worth a shot.

The issue WvW has always really suffered from is population disparity between competing realms, and this buff really doesn’t help this much at all. The map changes are good, they are providing a smaller scale of encounters in the mid zone, and I like that.
The Buff however is just not a good thing for realms that are fighting against blowout scoreboards, not having the population to both defend keeps and keep bloodlust, the buff instead is throwing gas on the fire.

What The buff should be is a way for smaller groups to impact score, not a way for larger groups to shut the match down beyond interest of recovery.

The stat bonuses and points for stomps should go to the realm with the lowest score, this would force the top realm to devote some level of defense to this area, reducing the numbers they can send to siege keeps, thus allowing smaller groups to assault and capture more often.

The second place realm would also benefit, as now they can also capture and assault more, forcing the top score further down.

It would be much funner to play in close matches than constant lopsided matches.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: teonimesic.1403

teonimesic.1403

Im one of the few sPvP players out there, and i love the new areas in WvW. It has a lot of open area fights with small groups that i am loving. No zerg needed to cap those points, just have yourself 3 well coordinated small groups (5 each) and you are very likely to be able to take 3 points at the same time and cap the map. If anything, i believe this update actually improves GvG fights, as it becames more common on bloodlust fights. The bloodlust buff may ruin balance (if a server has superior bloodlust for example), but the new ruins need to give some sort of bonus/point in order for it to remain an active region. Maybe it should give direct points instead of a bloodlust bonus, but the fact that its an open area is what makes it interesting, and what changes WvW fights and pace. Maybe bloodlust should remove its stats bonus and instead give more WvW points when stomping players.

It also makes a thief a valuable class in WvW again, as you actually gain points for stomping and its easy for a thief to cap a point. Have you ever seen a thief trying to zerg with a shortbow with 900 range trying to take a keep?

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Fix the periodic lag and two thumbs up so far as it relates to the bloodlust buffs.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: TheAmpca.1753

TheAmpca.1753

Why don’t we get WXP for capping/defending these.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

I’m really enjoying the new terrain, as quite frankly it’s a breath of fresh air. I particularly like all the little nooks and crannies and structures that can be scaled. Already had many interesting fights there.

As for the buffs, well the stomp buff is great as it allows solo and small group roamers to wrack up some points for their server (zergs very rarely stomp anything). But at present the stat buff doesn’t seem quite right to me. It just doesn’t really add anything of value to WvW and feels out of place. I would have much preferred something that was linked to structure upgrades or created a similar harassment mechanic in the same way as the Quaggan nodes with those lightning bolts.

Also, some sort of reward for capturing and defending the points would be nice too. Maybe just enough silver to cover the repair bills ;-)

Gandara

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Watch the twitch and you’ll know. TL:DR the buff in itself is such a reward, that they didnt want to give it wxp, to prevent overblobbing etc

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Phent.9350

Phent.9350

I know that removing stats from bloodlust turn it into meaningless addition. Devs want that this buff would be part of tactic. My idea is to change stats buff into: siege dmg and siege defence is increased and decreased by 10% . GvG 1vsX 1vs1 comunity would be happy, because balance on the fields should be preserved, tactical impact of the buff should be preserved as well.

[None] mesmer/ele/engi/thief/necro

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

It’s far too easy to flip them just to farm WXP. One thing that is coming soon is an addition of WXP consumables to the player loot bags, which should make a pretty big addition to the amount of WXP you get from being in the area, assuming you are killing players. As to adding it to the general capping of the points, we’ll have to consider that pretty carefully before we make any changes.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Lets see, the outnumbered buff gives increases to exp/wxp/magic find and no armor dmg, which honestly has no bearing at all when engaging the enemy which has greater numbers. The bloodlust buffs goes to the server with a more dominate population and it gives anywhere from +50 to +150 increases to all stats!!

Attachments:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

If anything, i believe this update actually improves GvG fights, as it becames more common on bloodlust fights. The bloodlust buff may ruin balance (if a server has superior bloodlust for example)

Delusional. How can anyone make those two staements in the same post? Dude, back to spvp, your control point is lonely without you sitting on it.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

It’s far too easy to flip them just to farm WXP. One thing that is coming soon is an addition of WXP consumables to the player loot bags, which should make a pretty big addition to the amount of WXP you get from being in the area, assuming you are killing players. As to adding it to the general capping of the points, we’ll have to consider that pretty carefully before we make any changes.

Why do you assume some1 is killing people because they are in capping points? This is quite irrelevant and nothing to do with OP question.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Don’t do it, leave the points as is, if anything just add wxp consumables to loot bags.

if you do add wxp to the points please make it a split amongst all the people on the point. Yeah people will kitten if someone ganks some of there wxp by jumping on a turning point but its the only way to keep the karma train from just running the points over. Not everything in this game needs to be zerg friendly.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ebony.5738

Ebony.5738

Wxp bonus would be nice too. Not some stupid 10% bonus but like a 50% bonus for each orb. Face it, people want that diamond legend.

Verdánt

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: KeBo.4567

KeBo.4567

Out of all the issues with the new update this is the one Devon chooses to address first…

Kylar | Leader of Coordinated Chaos [CC] | Ring of Fire Server

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: ptitminou.6489

ptitminou.6489

Out of all the issues with the new update this is the one Devon chooses to address first…

It shows where priorities are.

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten
Because censorship is the most important part of the MMO business.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

nothing.7941

Dude, read some other threads too, ok?

Gaile Gray wrote:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

nothing.7941

Yeah, that would be great. Or since they want something really OP it could be siege damage +/- 50% for all I care. Just no stat bonus.

Gaile Gray wrote:

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Other mods merged like 15 of them in a single one for your convenience Devon, now you can answer to all of them at once.

I’m waiting.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: IMAGE.1509

IMAGE.1509

“…we’ll have to consider that pretty carefully before we make any changes.”

LOL. Based on the bloodlust buff and the up coming leagues, I don’t think you know the meaning of what you typed.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.9085

Thor.9085

If the bloodlust is to stay I think there should be a way for the losing team out of the matchups to have it, it would only be fair. Right now its whoever has more players available to go after the zones on each Borderland.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

Take another screenshot 5 minutes later and in all likelihood the buffs will be completely different.

Not on prime time. You don’t look at one point in time. That’s stupid.

You look at the percentage of time a zergy server has all 3 orbs which is..a lot.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

we’ll have to consider that pretty carefully before we make any changes.

a shame you didnt consider pretty carefully the immense stupidity of the stat buffs

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: gwfanboy.2496

gwfanboy.2496

I’m really enjoying the new terrain, as quite frankly it’s a breath of fresh air. I particularly like all the little nooks and crannies and structures that can be scaled. Already had many interesting fights there.

As for the buffs, well the stomp buff is great as it allows solo and small group roamers to wrack up some points for their server (zergs very rarely stomp anything). But at present the stat buff doesn’t seem quite right to me. It just doesn’t really add anything of value to WvW and feels out of place. I would have much preferred something that was linked to structure upgrades or created a similar harassment mechanic in the same way as the Quaggan nodes with those lightning bolts.

Also, some sort of reward for capturing and defending the points would be nice too. Maybe just enough silver to cover the repair bills ;-)

A-You are complimenting a supposedly pvp area because it looks pretty? Lots of pillars there for ranged builds to keep going back and forth and running around them for silly kiting..not a fun way to play..

B-Stomp buffs are silly and no group goes around stomping because they want to gain points to the server. They want to..you know..pvp and have fun.. If they wanted server points they’d go PVdooring like the rest of the casuals.

C-Are you suggesting more PVE upgrades to keeps from these supposedly new pvp content?

Yep..all the PvPers left the game a long time ago and now we are left with PVErs making wvw an even worse pve experience.

Necromancer, Devonas Rest Are My Harlots [PIMP]

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No one should have it, the buff itself is to powerful. I’m with the majority of posters, the new map changes are great, the bloodlust buff … wtf were you guys smoking when you thought this would be a good idea. Devon should be fired over this one, the buff just proved that he has zero common sense.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

It’s far too easy to flip them

Thats another problem imo.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I got the carrot!
Now where is the stick so i can beat my dead horse with it..

(perfectly fitting metaphors.. i has them)

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Yeah this was such a bummer… the game rewards you for doing the things you like, but nope.. not here.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dragona.4062

Dragona.4062

I’m laughing tears that this is the Post that is getting the attention.

[FoF]

Call me Jack, Jacky or your Nightmare.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Thor.9085

i agree but your missing the point of the post if it was here to stay the server in last should have it.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I just really can’t believe this buff went live, actually I guess I can, its no secret that the WvW dev(s) are incompitent. Most games would strive for balance, while its impossible to achieve perfect balance ot should always be worked towards. It seems the WvW team skipped that day, they have managed to do the complete opposite.

No game will ever be perfect, but there are somethings that are common sense, how they thought something good would come from this is beyond me. Hopefully some of the higher ups notice how incapable the WvW Dev(s) is/are by this and put a hold on the Leagues that will just further damage the game.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

Make it the one last place where we can 1v1, 2v2 or GvG. The dueling scene exists weather you like it or not. The least you can do is respect our wishes.

(inb4 go to spvp comments) Most of us hate spvp and going there looking like a lvl 1 character after all we have been through leveling our characters and wearing our hard-earned exotics. Also, no stat-customization, no racials…. and the ease of creating a max-character in 2 minutes creates the obnoxious FOTM mentality that plagues the spvp community.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Than the post is silly if you agree with me because even last place should not have it.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Thor.9085

your still missing the point

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

There is no point to miss, if its here to stay, give it to the dolyaks, no player should recieve it. Why ask a question if you don’t want to here any answer but your own.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Im glad we dont get WXP from these, too many people think about famring WXP and not PPT/Scoreboard….

I hear everynight in our TS, lets kill the Warg or harpies…-_-

Crazy Leg

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

IF THE BL BUFF WAS NOT ACROSS ALL MAPS

A) it would hugely reduce lag issues its causing

B) it would make infinitely more sense. You get bloodlust for the map you hold. Nobody gets bloodlust in EB. That would make it more difficult to enter enemy territory and cap their stuff because they’d be fighting with the buff, and to take the buff away and hold it you’d have to split up forces.

also, those people who enjoy “fair” 1v1 or XvX fights in open map could still find un-buffed (EB) places to do so.

I think almost everyone would be happy.

(edited by Solstice.1097)

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Howlong did Anet work on this ……?

October last year, removed the orb’s… due to flyhacking (reason mentioned)
in One year noone had a realization that this buff or the whole pvp CONQUEST (ffs really?… more conquest?) map implementation would be a big kitteningkitten?

I mean if the spvp population is tired with conquest why implement it in WvW…? like they don’t have enough conquest yet?

E.A.D.

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Thor.9085

your just saying that noone should have it well thats what i think to BUT if the Devs are not going to take it out then…….jeez

Bloodlust [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

They made it a separate map, so it should not be too hard to accomplish. +1