Camping inside Obsidian Sanctum

in WvW

Posted by: ElexOrieN.2130

ElexOrieN.2130

Title says it all.
Vizunah Square and Seafarer’s Rest are camping inside the Obsidian Sanctum with insane huge zergs making it impossible to get the WvW Season 2 archievment.
Now can a dev please explain to me how the kitten i’m suppossed to get through there?!
http://abload.de/img/gw064uzkpu.jpg
Also entering any of the other WvW maps is now impossible too due ridicilous Queue’s.
Why does ArenaNet never think these things through?

in WvW

Posted by: izanami.9534

izanami.9534

Just try again later. They won’t be there throughout the whole tournament.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Now can a dev please explain to me how the kitten i’m suppossed to get through there?!

Who said anything about things having to be “possible”?

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

I am sure there will be blobs in OS for 9 weeks straight working in shifts to prevent you from getting the reward.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP

You don’t need to do all achievements the first day. Do them in another few weeks when most people are bored.

in WvW

Posted by: Los Re.4607

Los Re.4607

I don’t know what is worse. The guy that wants to do all the achievements the first day of season 2 and cries in a forum, the people in that zergs that have nothing else to do and wait at a spawn point inside a jp just to kill something shiny and red or the Arena Net that has let wvw become such a bad place for people that actually like pvp.

Gj everyone.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I found it actually fun to be besieged there. All the PvE noobs trying to get kills. I was at almost the same position as in the screenshot with my necro on FSP. I jumped down and lured all the scrubs closer to my server mates up at the spawn and we slaughtered many of them, before I finally went down my self…

Then I changed to mesmer and just did the achievment myself with some guildies (I believe we were a party of 4 players) and it was not a big issue.

As for achievment hunters causing queues. That was to be expected and you can go EoTM now to have at least smth to do. I agree that the scrubs should better go themselfes to EoTM so that they don’t ruin our score, but I guess they will become less, once they have puged their achievments.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

So the QQ begins

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

OMG RS, I knocbacked u with turrets and mortar so much))) hahah achivment hunters got not what they wanted)))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

So the QQ begins

Precisely what I thought when I saw that title.

in WvW

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Well i don’t care for camping the chest or the pit or the spwn.
It disgusts me to see players comming in the arena and disrupting duels by ganking in teams.
The arena is the only place i can find skilled players easily and make friends nowdays ingame.
I know they are not doing anything wrong gamewise but it dishonors them and shows how bad they are.Both as persons and playing skill.

Anyway,i think this will die down after 3 weeks in the leagues.Try early morning hours and bring friends.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Sigh. Unfortunately this happens every time they add an Achievement in the WvW jumping puzzles.

One or two fights breaking out in the puzzle isn’t too bad. What I really take offense towards is when you have have a group of 6+ all in the front of the puzzle, killing every person that jumps down. Since the platforms are so high up, you basically have to jump down to engage in combat, giving up any advantage. And since the respawn is right there, it doesn’t matter how many you kill, the battle just keeps going on.

Honestly, they should redesign the start of Obsidian Sanctum so you have a bit of time without any fighting, that way people camping have a longer walk to get into the fight, and people getting camped have a better opportunity to fight back.

Of course, all the kittens out there who love to camp will say “It’s PVP! Get over it!” But just because it’s a PVP area doesn’t mean you should have the right to camp. Even the real WvW maps have breakout events to prevent being boxed in.

There’s also all those people who simply hide in certain parts of the puzzle with knockbacks and ambushes. Those types are even worse, since it’s straight up griefing.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Title says it all.
Vizunah Square and Seafarer’s Rest are camping inside the Obsidian Sanctum with insane huge zergs making it impossible to get the WvW Season 2 archievment.
Also entering any of the other WvW maps is now impossible too due ridicilous Queue’s.

If you’re unable to complete a Player vs Player Jumping Puzzle because others are attacking you, then perhaps it wasn’t meant to be? I would recommend fighting your way through, as that’s the reason why Anet created this. If you’re up against big numbers, bring in big numbers yourself. The power is YOURS!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

Posted by: Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Bloody Knight Jack.2546

Best advice is wait about two weeks then try. Also remember doing the JPs is risky most of the time depending on what world you fight against because some are just plain bad about having campers.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Wonder how shiny elex is! Pve noobs love to QQ!

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

bring friends or pick quieter times to do it. good luck.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

OS is awesome. 3 servers just respawning and throwing themselves at each other at spawn. Finished my kills meta in like under an hour.

Achievement whiners need to suck it up. This is WvW, sometimes people want to kill you, PvE is that way if you can’t deal with that —-—>

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

That image is priceless xD
As mentioned the OS is a PvP zone still, you will have to put up with it unless you bring friends or hop into it while it’s quiet. I don’t like those JP’s are part of achievements though grrr.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: WingedWolfy.5621

WingedWolfy.5621

Simple answer would be to just wait until the season hype dies down and do it then although you can do the entire JP stealthed if you really wanted it now for whatever reason. Ask a thief at spawn to use refuge so you can get out of the mess and go to a stealth shrine. Instead of complaining about PvP happening in a PvP enabled zone use your head.

Only negative right now is the increase in arena trolling for those that like dueling.

Wolfy Fluffypaw – S/D Thief – Desolation
Guilds – [ID] / [Perv] / [HUGS]

in WvW

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

it takes roughly 6 minutes to run obsidian sanctum
it’s sad but there will always be, trying to put this delicately, immature mouthbreathers..
if you can’t find a time when the puzzle is completely empty, sometimes you can find a helpful person from the other team to party up with..
they should really consider making it an impervious zone..
there’s nothing really interesting about keeping it a pvp zone, the traps are gimmick and it is only challenging to new players.. i’d rather they just revamp it to a full scenic route

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Title says it all.

lol Good thing for them.

in WvW

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

It’s a pvp JP, what did you expect? people from different servers sitting together for a cup of tea? I got killed hundreads of time by zergs, that’s how it goes. As others said, you have time until the end of May to do the JP achievement… try when there’s less players or when your server organizes a group to kill at the respawn point.

in WvW

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

It’s a pvp JP, what did you expect? people from different servers sitting together for a cup of tea? I got killed hundreads of time by zergs, that’s how it goes. As others said, you have time until the end of May to do the JP achievement… try when there’s less players or when your server organizes a group to kill at the respawn point.

Ganking people in a JP is not PvP. It’s griefing. Since my last post in thread like this got infracted and had the thread deleted I will refrain from statement true feelings about these types of players.

If you are tired of getting grieved in the JP do like me and don’t set foot in it or wait until week 8 of the season to get it, by then these JP campers will have gotten bored and will have moved on to something else.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

It’s annoying to be camped, but it’s not that hard to circumvent if you just want to do the jp. Just play a class with enough access to stealth to run past the blob camping the entrance (mesmer, engi, teef). Since you’re just jumping, it doesn’t even need to be level 80.

Second Child

in WvW

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Ganking people in a JP is not PvP. It’s griefing. Since my last post in thread like this got infracted and had the thread deleted I will refrain from statement true feelings about these types of players.

If you are tired of getting grieved in the JP do like me and don’t set foot in it or wait until week 8 of the season to get it, by then these JP campers will have gotten bored and will have moved on to something else.

Tbh, ganking has and always will be a part of PVP games/modes.

That being said it’s quite funny to kill campers as a staff necro because they are so brain dead they think “kitten a that’s a necro, lets camp them while staying as close to the edge as we can”

Marks are so much fun in that case.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

in WvW

Lolindir.3518

Nope, griefing is using something as it shouldn’t be used to harass people, for example using a glitch or a bug. Killing people in a pvp JP is part of the mechanic… you want to block other server’s players from doing it and so you kill them, you activate the traps when they’re passing by, you push them down… I’ve been killed so many times but if I see it’s impossible to do something in that moment I just go somewhere else and try again later, crying on the forum is useless unless there’s someone exploiting a bug to ruin your game. Today on the Seafarer’s rest map someone was asking for help because they were zerged on the JP… it happens to anyone, stop whining.

in WvW

Posted by: Irremotus.7983

Irremotus.7983

@OP

You don’t need to do all achievements the first day. Do them in another few weeks when most people are bored.

I hope you’re right, because as an achievement hunter, I do not want to do the JP if people are going to try and kill me.

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

Nope, griefing is using something as it shouldn’t be used to harass people, for example using a glitch or a bug. Killing people in a pvp JP is part of the mechanic… you want to block other server’s players from doing it and so you kill them, you activate the traps when they’re passing by, you push them down… I’ve been killed so many times but if I see it’s impossible to do something in that moment I just go somewhere else and try again later, crying on the forum is useless unless there’s someone exploiting a bug to ruin your game. Today on the Seafarer’s rest map someone was asking for help because they were zerged on the JP… it happens to anyone, stop whining.

It doesn’t bother me 1 bit. I don’t set foot in the JP’s cause I don’t like JPs to begin with and those in the WvW maps even less. I do find it cheap play the camp them, I believe it takes a special kind of person to enjoy doing so.

in WvW

Lolindir.3518

It doesn’t bother me 1 bit. I don’t set foot in the JP’s cause I don’t like JPs to begin with and those in the WvW maps even less. I do find it cheap play the camp them, I believe it takes a special kind of person to enjoy doing so.

I suppose you haven’t played many rvr games.

in WvW

Julie Yann.5379

I suppose you haven’t played many rvr games.

I am very picky when it comes to gameplay so, no I haven’t. I try to avoid games that promote that kind of behavior cause I don’t find it fun to be on either side of it. In GW2 I can avoid it most of it, in WvW there is still the odd spawn camping group but there is always a way around and PvP has none of this.

in WvW

ElexOrieN.2130

Who said anything about things having to be “possible”?

Wow 10 year old fail troll is fail

I am sure there will be blobs in OS for 9 weeks straight working in shifts to prevent you from getting the reward.

I got the archievment today after 10 hours of fighting against camping thiefs, mesmers and necros. Even now trolls like you are camping the JP’s.

The guy that wants to do all the achievements the first day of season 2

Why not do them on the first day? I have other stuff do to besides this tournament. I wanna get the archievments as fast as possible so i can focus on more important/fun stuff.

cries in a forum

The only one crying here is you. “Muh WvW. Muh badges Muh PvP.” Cry me a river.

So the QQ begins

Critizism is not QQ you are a QQ “muh Wvw”

Precisely what I thought when I saw that title.

Can you even think? I highly doubt that.

Wonder how shiny elex is! Pve noobs love to QQ!

Cry some more! “Muh WvW. Muh badges. Muh PvP” You are a QQ noob

Achievement whiners need to suck it up. This is WvW, sometimes people want to kill you, PvE is that way if you can’t deal with that —-—>

You can’t deal with critizism. “Muh WvW leave muh WvW alone! Or else i’m gonna cry!” QQ some more.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenixlin.8624

Phoenixlin.8624

Your critizism/whining is “Why are you killing players in a pvp zone QQ”

Just know what you are defending before calling others noob or QQer.

in WvW

ElexOrieN.2130

It’s WvW not PvP big difference kiddo

in WvW

Posted by: Sarevok.2638

Sarevok.2638

It’s mostly VS That are the aggressors (surprise surprise), alot of RS folk I’ve been around are happy to let you jump around them on the JP providing you don’t hurt them. They know to save the real combat for the overworld, not just bag swapping at the portals.

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Effsee.1583

Effsee.1583

I thought pvp meant player versus player, isn’t that what WvW is for?

in WvW

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

You are just unlucky to be up against kitten players I guess. I did it this morning on deso and we just let each other pass, none tried to fight anyone. I’ll second the suggestion to try this another time, I’m sure they’ll get bored of it eventually.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Do something else, you do not HAVE to do the JP’s to complete the achievement.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

This is how bad the camping can get.
Even those who are double the numbers of us ‘Campers’ didn’t have the balls to jump down to wipe us so they can do the JP, until we backed off a little.
Baruch also had a good amount of people camping their own invulnerable area..

Attachments:

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Title says it all.

Seeing that is like xmas morning for a couple of glass elementalist’s up top. The only thing worse than having that below is having a few devestating AoE’ers up top. I would have had a hay day there

in WvW

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Had six people camping the end of the “darkness” area. I was of course annoyed to have made it through that section, only to get splattered by the enemy.

I waited, dead, on the floor, and kept the rest of my team’s jumpers notified until a good squad of ours organized, ported up and cleared them out.

Patience and teamwork.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I thought pvp meant player versus player, isn’t that what WvW is for?

Yes it is. Don’t take ElexOrieN to seriously. He is just mad, that he can not do the achievment according to his own scedual. Now the developers should interfere with the WvW game mode, so he can keep to his plans or other players should recognise his rights to get this achievment asap…

The WvW achievments are all way to easy for PvElers to get. Because it doesn’t take much skill, just a big blob and a half decent commander. It is okay then, when there are some achievments, who are – at least for some weeks – connected with a minor challange.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Josip.8267

Josip.8267

Yeah wvw community inside jp is terrible imo. I was doing it the first day.. I was jumping behind some ranger.. I could literally push him down to death for 2 mins, but I was nice then he spotted watched me for 10 seconds and pushed me off the edge..

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

I will pretend that you ment to say “It’s WvW not sPvP/tPvP” .No actually there is 0 difference. Its a game mode where you can attack other players, therefore its PvP. Suck it up, kiddo.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Try doing it during week 2……. when everyone has left……. genius.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I echo the above suggestion. Everybody’s camping it now in an attempt to get their 300 kills. Wait a week or two and numbers will die down. It’ll be a lot easier to complete Obsidian Sanctum then.

Long-term, the following is a suggestion I made once about how to resolve this issue:

Put a Ghost NPC on each of the starting platforms at the start of the puzzle. Talking to this NPC transforms you into a Ghost. While transformed, you have the Determined buff and are immune to all damage and attacks. However, all of your skills are also disabled while transformed. If you exit the transformation, you are also instantly teleported back to the start of the puzzle, so you can’t use this transformation to get into a good spot to grief others. This now allows the player to make their way through the JP free and unhindered by other players, since they can neither affect nor be affected by others.

Ghosts cannot open the Mistwrought Chest at the end, so they can’t use this to farm the JP. All this solution provides is a means by which to reach the end of the puzzle for the achievement (which they still have to complete normally).

in WvW

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

Got the achievement …..day 2….. And in the hotly contested BG/TC/JQ matchup…….OS is another fightfest below spawn…… Even got the kills achievement there…….