Can we change Waypoint in WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I actually do not like the waypoints on upgraded Keeps. I don’t like them for my server or for the other (although it’s been very long since I saw a keep in our hand with a waypoint). The reason I’m saying this is simple. Defeating a group of players or being defeated doesn’t mean anything any more. I mean the repair costs are minor. But defeating an enemy Zerg and they actually will need at least some minutes to come back, can make a huge difference. But most of the time they come back so quickly, that you can’t even take the supply camp to resupply your defending minions * cough * I mean fellow defenders

It makes strategies less valuable, if you can just return to a tower, that you have worked on 30 secs ago, where defenders couldn’t rebuild any siege in the meantime.

They would need a replacement though. But for I am in complaining mood, I will think later, with what waypoint could be exchanged. :P

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Attack the keep and the waypoint becomes contested for a few minutes.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

in WvW

Posted by: Pewintodo.4138

Pewintodo.4138

It’s a nice idea. I would do away with waypoints at the garrison but have ships to bay and dragon transports to hills if those camps are owned. These could be instant transports that work like a waypoint but be limited in terms of capacity (5-10 people maybe) and have say a 2min cool-down and cost badges or supply to use. It would add strategy for who uses them and when and prevent entire zergs from just beaming in during the contested windows. Certainly in-keeping with the proposed dev ideas imho.

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

It would be better if WP was not an upgrade but came automatically when u cap a keep.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Only viable if the waypoint stayed contested, while under attack, without a few second window for an entire zerg to port in.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

actually, now i think about it.. What they should do is make WP automatically appear once u cap a Keep and change the WP upgrade so that it means that the WP is available even if the keep is being attacked.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Only viable if the waypoint stayed contested, while under attack, without a few second window for an entire zerg to port in.

You need someone in there to call out the timers for those people to hit that window though, unless you want to sit there for potentially 3 minutes spamming the wp?

I like the wps uncontesting… makes it alot more challenging to take a T3 keep, and if you’re being hit at Bay and Hills at the same time you have much better chance of being able to keep both.

Also having to run from the one end of the map to the other is such a pain. Removing the wps would be such a drag imo

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

actually, now i think about it.. What they should do is make WP automatically appear once u cap a Keep and change the WP upgrade so that it means that the WP is available even if the keep is being attacked.

That would be too OP imo. Having a second long window is one thing but always open would make attacking a keep impossible. There would be a never ending supply of enemies while you try and cap the keep in the LR

in WvW

Posted by: Lifewaster.5912

Lifewaster.5912

A few months ago one of Devs admitted they plan to stop the practice of spamming the waypoint at the 3 min mark, meaning no more use of WP so long as a keep is under attack. But they are holding off on changing it until they figure out how to prevent people permanently contesting gates with a single hit.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenn.3809

Xenn.3809

Cooldowns. 5-10min since last used/entered or till death. No more jumping around the map putting out fires as one unique unit – make movements around map more strategic – if you are defending south of map, you should be north 3 sec after.

If Rome sends all his army to the moon, don’t expect Rome to be defended.

Xenn [TDA]
Mesmer | Guardian | Necro | Ele
The Banana Team | www.tda.nu

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Cooldowns. 5-10min since last used/entered or till death. No more jumping around the map putting out fires as one unique unit – make movements around map more strategic – if you are defending south of map, you should be north 3 sec after.

exactly my point

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

exactly my point

while this might help in a more even match, I don’t think it would do any good for Fissure of Woe (or Vabbi). they are always so badly outnumbered that even without waypoints they would still have a hard time taking a keep.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Personally I’d just get rid of all waypoints other than the entrance. That way, defense is more important than offense.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in WvW

Xenn.3809

exactly my point

while this might help in a more even match, I don’t think it would do any good for Fissure of Woe (or Vabbi). they are always so badly outnumbered that even without waypoints they would still have a hard time taking a keep.

-ken

Outnumbered buff could get rid of such CD, presto, low-level population server have more mobility

Personally I’d just get rid of all waypoints other than the entrance. That way, defense is more important than offense.

I would like to see that too, but as Ken has pointed out could harm low-pop servers more. I think a CD could be a good compromise.

Xenn [TDA]

(edited by Xenn.3809)

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

now that is a very interesting idea, having the Outmanned buff allowing you to use waypoints even if they’re contested…

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Xenn.3809

now that is a very interesting idea, having the Outmanned buff allowing you to use waypoints even if they’re contested…

-ken

That could be a step too far, but interesting way to look at it.

Xenn [TDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

WvW can be enough of a hike fest as it is. The WP are fine.

in WvW

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Replace the waypoints with more arrowcarts.

All is vain.

in WvW

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I like the wps uncontesting… makes it alot more challenging to take a T3 keep, and if you’re being hit at Bay and Hills at the same time you have much better chance of being able to keep both.

And when you’re on the wrong server, it makes it impossible to take anything. Defending structures without even having players on the map because they can just WP over during a running attack when necessary is a stupid design decision.
The WPs should stay contested for the whole duration of an attack, without the short window when the timer runs out. I always considered that a simple bug that has to be fixed.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake