Cheating in WvW is Rampant

in WvW

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Can a dev please pm me? We have screenshots of repeated cheating by certain guilds and servers. I have sent in ticket after ticket, with screenshots of people cheating over and over again. These bugs have existed forever, and servers that don’t cheat get penalized because they are never fixed. I have screenshots of the guilds and servers, but support says over and over again that they can’t help because there is no name.

This is getting so old. We can’t report them, when we submit tickets we are ignored, never get responses from exploits@arena.net, and if we post specifics in the forums we get in trouble. How are we supposed to stop the cheating?

It is very toxic to this community to allow this to continue with no action.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

How are we supposed to stop the cheating?

We’re not.

It’s no accident that we’ve been provided with no real means of reporting exploitation. It is also no great surprise that people who try to publicly suggest that hacking happens get their threads closed due to being “unconstructive”.

The developers, who are the only ones with the capability to address these issues, don’t read this forum. Moderators do, and their only job is to function as PR cops and close threads which paint the company/game unfavorably.

There is money to be made in pandering to PVE achi hunters through constant gem store promotion. There is no money to be made fixing glaring exploits in WvW. Wubbos don’t spend money on town clothes and minis; the only thing they might spend it on are finishers, but those are hideously overpriced.

It’s not the devs fault, though. You can read on GlassDoordotcom about Arenanet consistently not balancing out the teams and their general lack when it comes to project management. I think the devs are between a rock and a hard place, and WvW is just in the frontline of things that slip down the wayside.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Wait for ESO and move to that or some other game because Anet will NEVER fix these hacking and exploit issues.

They don’t care and we are not allowed to talk about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Sceinna.3561

Sceinna.3561

Wait for ESO and move to that or some other game because Anet will NEVER fix these hacking and exploit issues.

They don’t care and we are not allowed to talk about it.

What makes you think these other games don’t have their issues?

Hey, I’m the first one to complain about decisions made by Anet, because clearly they’ve gone the casual path and non of the promised eSport in GW2 will ever be present. I literally hate them for it.. but as far as customer support they are the best company I’ve dealt with, almost every issue I’ve had has been resolved in a matter of days or even hours. Most bugs or cheaters I’ve reported have been fixed or banned.. I do say most because some are still present..

Either way, they have a community of hundred thousands of people, of course some voices will go unheard. Instead of complaining on here, try making a ticket and report stuff.

I hate what GW2 has become, in terms of PvP, zerging and just overall casual gameplay (lack of build customization, skills auto popping under certain circumstances, all benefits you get from blobbing.. ) but I still think this is one of the best mmorpgs out there so I’ll have to deal with the things that bother me. I’ve quit and come back many times.

in WvW

Posted by: Sevenn.3085

Sevenn.3085

This is getting so old.

No one cares, nothing will change. When will people learn.

[ECL] [CE] [Oz]

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Instead of complaining on here, try making a ticket and report stuff.

I didn’t complain here i was merely pointing out to the above posters to either move to ESO or some other game because the issues they where complaining about in the OP won’t ever be addressed otherwise we would have seen changes by now since they have been around for a long time.

And with regards to customer support Yes Anet is one of the best with PVE support, But support with regards to WVW they leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Get in contact with an ANet employee and have them track these people. We’ve done it before with great effect.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Get in contact with an ANet employee and have them track these people. We’ve done it before with great effect.

At 1st I was like “really?!”, but then I realised it was April fools day… Good try though.

in WvW

Posted by: Chavido.3529

Chavido.3529

WvW is getting absolutely ridiculous. When your side starts winning, the other servers start with their cheating (Zoom hacking, Exploits into Keeps, Purposely suicide Golums, Build tons of treb’s by supply hut to waste supply). It never ends, and it’s even worse during WvW seasons! Anet NEEDS to be able to have someone there to enforce this, or recruit some WvW monitors who have the ability to report directly to a GM for enforcement.