Cheats and Hacks in WvW

Cheats and Hacks in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moksha.9681

Moksha.9681

I used to really enjoy WvW, good or bad at least it was different. Now I find there is soo much blatant use of hacks and cheats, and so little seems to be done to those who employ them, that the game itself seems to be more about who can use the best/fastest hack than about tactics or teamplay.

Virtually every hour I see groups who magically enter towers that have not been damaged. Yesterday, I actually thought it was amusing that someone could completely ignore me attacking them for like 2 minutes while they finished destroying a quaggan site (never did a single point of damage to him). I still see people who use the auto-dodge.

Yeah i know it’s a free game and i can’t expect everything but it’s a good example of how something that is decent can be kittenized by those who simply don’t care about the product.

Cheats and Hacks in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Nothing more frustrating than facing a thief who hacks either, since it’s obvious to anyone who has played a thief what they are doing, but nothing will be done about it, because it’s “not suspicious.”

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Cheats and Hacks in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Narsil.6579

Narsil.6579

I used to really enjoy WvW, good or bad at least it was different. Now I find there is soo much blatant use of hacks and cheats, and so little seems to be done to those who employ them, that the game itself seems to be more about who can use the best/fastest hack than about tactics or teamplay.

Virtually every hour I see groups who magically enter towers that have not been damaged. Yesterday, I actually thought it was amusing that someone could completely ignore me attacking them for like 2 minutes while they finished destroying a quaggan site (never did a single point of damage to him). I still see people who use the auto-dodge.

Yeah i know it’s a free game and i can’t expect everything but it’s a good example of how something that is decent can be kittenized by those who simply don’t care about the product.

It really isn’t hacks, for example, there is a glitch through citadel in which you can go through into an opposing enemy spawn, you cant do anything and you wont do anything, and even mods know about this, we had a GM follow us around and prove we don’t hack. There is a glitch in which for example people who tower camp and run through all the time when they can’t fight and try to use the tower as a reset spot, if you have a target skill which ports to that target, Mesmer, guardian etc, like leap or flame port guardian, at times the targeted player will slightly barely make it through the portal door in the tower and the game will read it as if the leap skill still went off, and when you follow through with the leap skill it makes you go through the door and still be on the target, this is more of a game thing, idk how it happens exactly, im using speculation, but it happened once to me and i got out of the tower fast. As for hacks you have to be careful because if you are a Zergling, you really wont learn much about builds and stuff, and sadly its annoying when 4 or 5 come after 1 guy who knows his build, knows his class, and they get kited around and killed and then cry that people are hacking, also speed wise there are ways to outrun others, as a mesmer, we have slow out of combat mobility, but if you are running away you can use your in combat mobility to get away from people. ALot of the issues in this game isnt exactly hacks, rather people find glitches and exploit them, I have seen others in other servers do it before and when we reported them nothing, but now people are crying because of getting killed constantly and chased down, stunned etc..

[HP/MM]Mesmer / Warrior
Borlis Noob / FergPug
Scout Sailor Moon

Cheats and Hacks in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

snip A lot[sic] of the issues in this game aren’t[sic] exactly hacks, rather people find glitches and exploit them, I have seen others in other servers do it before and when we reported them nothing, but now people are crying because of getting killed constantly and chased down, stunned etc..

“It isn’t REALLY hacking, besides, others do it, why shouldn’t we?”

There’s some Grade School logic for you, hope you devs are reading this.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Cheats and Hacks in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While we fully understand your concerns & frustration about such issues, posting about it here on the forums will not help to resolve the situation.

The best you can do against such behavior is to submit a ticket to our customer support team with any evidences you may have (video, screenshot).

This thread is now closed, thank you for your understanding.