Commander Tags [Merged]

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’m pretty certain this has been mentioned before. Wouldn’t it be great to have commander tags specifically for guilds? And also have some target tags like “1”, “2”, “3” so target calling is easier? It would definitely help organized play, those who want to jump in and “pug” it still can and those who prefer concentrated efforts can at least have some quality of life tools. What do you guys think?

Whispers with meat.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

There is a lot of things commanders want but has not been giving. Right now, leading people isn’t the most user friendly thing to do. For one thing, I wish they gave a slightly bigger aoe for supply check.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

This topic comes up very frequently now, partly because my guild commander has made it his life’s goal to find and bump every commander pin idea thread he can find on this forum and then they all promptly get moved over the suggestion forum where they languish for lack of attention.

On the bright side both commander issues and guild issues in WvW are on ANET’s radar but since this has been a hot topic for awhile now it is more a question of when and what direction they are looking to take things. Guilds really desperately need a way to organize more than 5 players on a map and that is something that should have been in game since release imo. Lots of great ideas out there on how to get it done so I anxiously await news on which avenue they decided to pursue and a time frame for when we can expect to see changes going live.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Guild tags top want the list of many guilds. Adding them would make the game less zergy since players could more easily be forked off from the main zergs and managed.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

100% agree they need some kind of private grouping system for guilds or creating specific sized forces. The easiest way would be allowing commanders to “hide” the pin publicly while still retaining all the functions of a squad. This would now allow commanders to create a private squad for either guild members or players and only those people currently in the squad would see the pin.

This seems the easiest way without adding a completely new grouping system. Arenanet, yet ANOTHER person asking for some way to create a private grouping system for more than 5 people…..

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Guild tags top want the list of many guilds. Adding them would make the game less zergy since players could more easily be forked off from the main zergs and managed.

This exactly. If we actually had a way to make private custom forces larger than 5 people then zergs wouldn’t be so dominate. More medium forces taking multiple objectives can cause more damage than one zerg. A zerg can only be in one place at a time.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We’ve been asking for this pretty much since day one. Zero result so far.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

This has actually been mentioned in beta3 if I’m not mistaken. Just take a deep breath and accept the fact that Arenanet will never consider implementing such system. A year has passed since they aknowledged this is a demand and a year without them doing anything. You won’t be positively surprised. Btw prepare to have this post moved to ‘Suggestions’ aka ‘We do not care’ section.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Dont forget that color and description should be customizable as well. Then it become possible to organize while having visible tags. Like a red tag that says “WoW Guild Raid” or one thats blue and says “Here be PUGs”, etc.

You dont have to hardcode invisible guild tags – make it a social part of the WvW overhead map instead.

It should be a simple matter for ANET considering everything they have added to WvW since release, but no. They completely ignore it.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Dont forget that color and description should be customizable as well. Then it become possible to organize while having visible tags. Like a red tag that says “WoW Guild Raid” or one thats blue and says “Here be PUGs”, etc.

You dont have to hardcode invisible guild tags – make it a social part of the WvW overhead map instead.

It should be a simple matter for ANET considering everything they have added to WvW since release, but no. They completely ignore it.

Having a tool tip when you hover over a commander tag would be great. Something showing the current player amounts in the squad and perhaps a short 15-20 character description of what the squad is focusing on.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Bratwa.6582

Bratwa.6582

For me a Commander icon visible only for the guild is enough.
It is annoying to waypoint out all the time just to lose all the randoms and target the commander again in order to run as a Guild only. Can`t be that hard, at least not harder than the new mastery…

[TaG][PunK][II]guildless

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Talmor.9048

Talmor.9048

Nope, do not want Guild Tags. One of the parts that initially drew me to WvWvW is that as a non-guild member, I could easily identify the action and get there by looking at the tag.

It segregates and alienates PUGs from Guilds too much. I for one hope that they do not have guild tags and keep the system intact as it is. But that is my opinion.

- Farstrike
Dragon Brand

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Such a small and easy addition would obviously encourage more guilds to do things on their own in WvW, and separate them from the server-wide blobs the game is currently struggeling with, meaning better fights and less skill-lag in general.

But of course buffing arrow carts into oblivion sounds like a much better idea to solve this issue, doesn’t it? Oh wait …

~~Ayeres~~

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

Real guilds only use commander tags when they want pugs… Running tagless and with everyone in a party solves all the problems in this thread…

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Nope, do not want Guild Tags. One of the parts that initially drew me to WvWvW is that as a non-guild member, I could easily identify the action and get there by looking at the tag.

It segregates and alienates PUGs from Guilds too much. I for one hope that they do not have guild tags and keep the system intact as it is. But that is my opinion.

A lot of the top guilds already run without a tag because they do NOT want pugs to follow them, people just target the raid leader.
Guild tags would be great so we wont have to follow the target, but the tag.
There will always be pug zergs with a commander leading them, go follow them, you should be alienated from an organized guild group if you are a pug, imo.
When the guild wants pugs with them, they turn on the tag.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

Right on Aphix. If you want to run with an organized guild group, join the guild. If not, follow who’s got the tag up. One pug who doesn’t know what’s going on can rally an entire enemy force and wipe the guild group they’re following.

tsym.enjin.com

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Real guilds only use commander tags when they want pugs… Running tagless and with everyone in a party solves all the problems in this thread…

I think the point here is guilds can’t effectively group and do the things that that enjoy, and the way they enjoy. Running seperate multiple groups together, with no dedicated channel and targeting a “driver” is NOT an effective system for private grouping. Having a visual pin like the commander and squad system is simply more effective for organizing and coordinating guild groups.

One pug who doesn’t know what’s going on can rally an entire enemy force and wipe the guild group they’re following.

This exactly. We tried running with multiple guild groups and used the commander pin to organize better. Even though we announced in /team and /map that the pin was for guild havoc groups, random people joined us. Our attempts at speed and ambushing were destroyed with random people tagging every guard and yak we passed. There will always be public commanders for random people to join, but the lack of a system for guilds to group privately is ridiculous.

For a modern day MMO, we certainly don’t have a modern day grouping system. Give us the tools to form forces the way we ENJOY instead of clunky workarounds.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Aibon.4608

Aibon.4608

Personally, I think that a tag that is only useful within a guild is a bad idea. As others have said, commanders in guilds can do just fine without their tag on. Not to mention it would mean that all the current commanders wasted 100 gold, as everyone could easily just join a guild to see the tags.

I think there are many things that should be improved upon, in regards to commanding, but this isn’t one of them.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

I think the point here is guilds can’t effectively group and do the things that that enjoy, and the way they enjoy. Running seperate multiple groups together, with no dedicated channel and targeting a “driver” is NOT an effective system for private grouping. Having a visual pin like the commander and squad system is simply more effective for organizing and coordinating guild groups.

You can effectively move your entire squad around without using a commander tag. It just takes practice and voice comms really help. I know this because my guild does this nearly every single night. The only time someone tags up is when there is no other commander on the map, and usually then we just have one person tag up to lead whoever wants to follow (most of the pugs), while we run a separate group around the map without a tag.

If you would like suggestions on how to train your group to do this, send me mail here or in game and I would be glad to give you a few pointers.

Just start thinking of the commander tag as a crutch, and trust that your guild/group will learn to follow commands, and maneuver the field without it.

As far as the chat thing, if you really need to type something out, use guild chat.

tsym.enjin.com

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

Personally, I think that a tag that is only useful within a guild is a bad idea. As others have said, commanders in guilds can do just fine without their tag on. Not to mention it would mean that all the current commanders wasted 100 gold, as everyone could easily just join a guild to see the tags.

I think there are many things that should be improved upon, in regards to commanding, but this isn’t one of them.

In what possible way would a change that encouraged people to actually find themselves a guild to WvW with be a bad addition? If anything, this game needs more organized guilds doing WvW, and I speak of experience when I say that fighting decent guilds is far more entertaining than bashing random pugs that this game is currently flooded with.

It’s correct that anyone with half a brain knows how to do a proper guild raid nowadays, without having to put on their commander icon, as you can use the targeting function in order to mark the one that is leading, by targeting him. However, the point with such an implementation would be to simplify the gaming-experience of these guilds, kind of in the same way aoe-loot has. You don’t really need AoE-loot, do you? But it sure is handy though …

~~Ayeres~~

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Clockradio.3257

It’s correct that anyone with half a brain knows how to do a proper guild raid nowadays, without having to put on their commander icon, as you can use the targeting function in order to mark the one that is leading, by targeting him. However, the point with such an implementation would be to simplify the gaming-experience of these guilds, kind of in the same way aoe-loot has. You don’t really need AoE-loot, do you? But it sure is handy though …

Right, and I don’t necessarily disagree with you. It’s just that people talk about guild tags like they are a complete necessity and that the game is broken without them. If my post helped ONE guild realize that they don’t NEED to run with a tag on, I would feel feelings.

Hell, I would say a better grouping system or “raid parties” with higher character limits would be far more important than guild commander tags.

tsym.enjin.com

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

You can effectively move your entire squad around without using a commander tag. It just takes practice and voice comms really help. I know this because my guild does this nearly every single night. The only time someone tags up is when there is no other commander on the map, and usually then we just have one person tag up to lead whoever wants to follow (most of the pugs), while we run a separate group around the map without a tag.

As far as the chat thing, if you really need to type something out, use guild chat.

I guess we disagree on the term “effective”, but hey that’s ok. Many in our guild have run small groups/forces since DAOC. The MOST effective way of running multiple groups is using 3rd party voice programs and marking a “driver” and using points of interest to rally if we get split up. That is currently the best in game option to create a private force consisting of multiple groups.

Running multiple groups described above is NOT as effective as running the same groups within a commander and squad system. Sometimes not everyone are able to get into 3rd party voice, or not everyone in guild chat are doing WvW…. this is where a C&S system is more handy.

If they allowed commanders to hide the pin to everyone who’s not currently in the squad, IMO it would be easier and more effective than running the way we currently do. There will always be a public commander up, but for those guilds that prefer private smaller multiple group forces…. using a modified C&S system would be easier and less frustrating for guild events.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Anet – please give us the ability to choose the color of our commander tag and the ability to make these tags public or private!

For colors we really wouldn’t need more than 16 colors to choose from but make the default blue tag clickable. Clicking the default blue tag when making a squad should pop up something very much like the dye palette menu. Pick your color and go!

To make a tag public or private (invisible unless you join their group) just give the commanders a simple four digit passcode prompt that they can define by checking a box and putting in a four digit code.

Examples:

Putting up a private tag:

Create Squad —-> Check private check-box —-> Fill out four digit code “1234” etc. —-> dispensnce info to guild/map/party as needed.

Joining a private tag:

Joining a Private Commander —-> “This commander is set to private, please enter password” —-> PW: 1234 —-> Successfully joined commander’s private group!

If the commander wants to switch passcodes, they just have to drop tag and recreate their squad effectively “booting” its current members.

Changing commander tag colors:

Create Squad —-> Click default blue chip —-> Select new color from a simple palette.

Anet, if you do this, you will see a massive renaissance in how WvW is played that de-emphasizes massive zergs and encourages new, exciting, play.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

(edited by Urrid.4593)

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

coming up on the 1 year anniversary of asking for this, i would give it another year or 2

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

What the kitten, why won’t they address this?

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Agreed.

/15char

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Anet – please give us the ability to choose the color of our commander tag and the ability to make these tags public or private!

Anet, if you do this, you will see a massive renaissance in how WvW is played that de-emphasizes massive zergs and encourages new, exciting, play.

Good to see other people suggesting this. I’ve been a strong advocate of private grouping systems and allowing guilds and players to group the way we enjoy.

Currently the best way to form a private force in GW2 is by running multiple groups together, forcing everyone to use a 3rd party voice program (no dedicated chat channel for multiple groups) and marking a “driver” with a bulls-eye to follow. This may be the best way to do it… but it’s clunky and frustrating compared to running under a commander and squad system.

Whatever changes they make to the C&S system they NEED to have options to create private forces or allow multiple groups to run together better than we can atm. The lack of flexible grouping systems is one of the biggest disappointments and frustrations in WvW for our guild.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

We’ve been asking for this pretty much since day one. Zero result so far.

As they are working on changes to the C&S system I feel there is some relevant feedback in this thread that should be on the first page!

:)

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

I hope something like this is the direction they plan to take the squad system, it almost seems to logical. I also think a comment field tool tip should be made available to add to the commander pin so different colored pins can state their squads purpose, havoc, defense, offense, ect so we can get like minded groups better working together towards common goals.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

i suggested this https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/commander-information/first#post2179989 it could be handy too and solve this problem a little

4ever roaming

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

This is an amazing idea!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

i would rock a purple commander tag all day

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Gudradain.3892

Gudradain.3892

+1

but good luck getting it…

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I don’t think this is something to be afraid of, there will always, always be pugs and pug commanders. But why punish people who want to move as a guild with clumsy grouping? As is it now, its either disjointed 5 man teams or massive, ambiguous blobs. And if your argument is “but guilds already move around tagless”, then why would it hurt to have a guild tag, what would that take from you(the person who can’t see them on the map anyway)?

Whispers with meat.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

I don’t think this is something to be afraid of, there will always, always be pugs and pug commanders. But why punish people who want to move as a guild with clumsy grouping? As is it now, its either disjointed 5 man teams or massive, ambiguous blobs. And if your argument is “but guilds already move around tagless”, then why would it hurt to have a guild tag, what would that take from you(the person who can’t see them on the map anyway)?

Completely agree. Every MMO we’ve played that had a public and private grouping system ALWAYS had some kind of public raid/squad running for random and solo players to join. Communities will always make sure everyone is included for server success.

Guilds and players will run private forces whether we actually have in game tools to support it. So instead of running separate multiple groups using a clunky, frustrating and inadequate way we’d do the same thing with a modified C&S system that we can make private.

The difference is it will be easier to coordinate which will make the game more enjoyable.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

+1

but good luck getting it…

All we can do is continue to express our desire for a commander and squad system that PLAYERS would like. This is all stuff we’ve asked for since BW1 and hopefully the devs will understand the frustration we’re feeling.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

What the kitten, why won’t they address this?

IKR :/

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

That may be true, but have you ever run in a 30+ man guilds vs just as many enemies? Just try to follow the commander in combat. It aint easy. Not impossible sure, but its so easy to loose him even when marked as a target because the red circle sort of drowns in the sea of red tags. The commander tag helps ALOT in this situation… Unfortunetly the average PUG does not as the enemy res on that level 20 berserker ranger that thought he was all cool trying to run with the big boys. I’m not really for guilds “hiding” themselves, but I do see a need for it.

So to recap the menu, rather than just having a “Create Squad” button, should have:
- A text box where you can type in a short description (maybe 20 letter)
- “Public” tickbox (default ticked), where public shows to all on the server and unchecked it shows only to the current group the Commander is in and Guild
- Dropdown menu with primary/secondary colors (red, yellow, blue, green, orange, violet)
- (OPTIONAL EXTRAVAGANCA) Dropdown menu with a choice of shapes (dorito, upside down dorito, whatever, maybe 5 of them)

And that would suddenly make those 100g alot more worth it for everyone.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i would love to have different colors for commander tags. and making them private for guild only for example, people would have a harder time to spy by having a character sitting at spawn.
please anet adress this.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

i would love to have different colors for commander tags. and making them private for guild only for example, people would have a harder time to spy by having a character sitting at spawn.
please anet adress this.

still waiting!

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

The fact that you can see the commander tag on the map is the problem that creates huge zergs. Here is the fix :

- Only commanders can create squads
- Only people in the commander squad can see the commander icon
- Squads can contain 30 players
- Commanders can invite and kick people from their squad
- You can see the yellow dots of all your squad’s members on the map
- Improve UI and information display from the squad

No blue doritos = No more zerg

People will stop forming 80 man groups and will start to follow their squad leader (the commander)

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Not a solution, you still have map/team chat “hey im a commander I’m at XX camp, meet me there for zerg”

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Pros use the free tag. Target.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

The fact that you can see the commander tag on the map is the problem that creates huge zergs.

Wrong.
Copypating from another thread..

Is already possible to use the “party up and target leader” trick for zerg without commander tag. Especially if on a Voip – and a lot of servers have a public TS or similar platform. And even taking in account a super casual player w/o Voip neither target on leader, blobs are so large that some of them just follows the movement of the mass of players there wouldn’t be a noticeable difference.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

It would work. People don’t read map chat that much except for a few. They follow the blue doritos.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

The fact that you can see the commander tag on the map is the problem that creates huge zergs.

Wrong.
Copypating from another thread..

Is already possible to use the “party up and target leader” trick for zerg without commander tag. Especially if on a Voip – and a lot of servers have a public TS or similar platform. And even taking in account a super casual player w/o Voip neither target on leader, blobs are so large that some of them just follows the movement of the mass of players there wouldn’t be a noticeable difference.

True but also wrong.

The commander tag is the rallying point for that huge blob. If you don’t have a visible rallying point it’s harder to form that huge blob and also unorganized blobs will shatter by themselves really quickly.

Have you ever tried to command PUGs and have good size group ready to launch a big attack just to see half of them running away from you to kill 1 dolyak, get a sentry or run after 2-3 wanderings up level?

Then when they come back to reality after their bag/karma/exp rage they look on the map to see : “Oh the commander went that way. I need to go there!” It’s reality all day long for unorganized group…

It will fix zerging/blobbing for unorganized group. If organized group that are all on TS and listening to 1 leader still want to do it then it’s impossible to stop. It would be impossible to stop them even if there was no commander tag at all, no target mark and no party system. So, the important point is :

It will indeed kill zerg/blob for unorganized group.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

This tag is unreliable. It wears off all the time from the leader for whatever reason. You waste time to re-put it on him. You can’t know how many supply your group have. You can’t see where you leader is on the map (except for your party members so you can sort of figure it…)

It’s just a cheap solution for a broken mechanic.

Afala – Ehmry Bay

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Quite possibly the dumbest idea yet.

As long as moving in a massive ball is the most effective strategy, people will continue to do that with or without an icon. With your idea, you’ll just have people constantly spamming in map chat “where’s the zerg?”. They get an answer, run to the ball, and it’s the same as previously, but far more annoying because people are clogging up /map and /team.

If you want to stop zerging, you have to make it not the best strategy.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

This tag is unreliable. It wears off all the time from the leader for whatever reason. You waste time to re-put it on him. You can’t know how many supply your group have. You can’t see where you leader is on the map (except for your party members so you can sort of figure it…)

It’s very reliable actually. Watch some GvG videos and you’ll see that it works perfectly fine.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

Commander Tags [Merged]

in WvW

Gudradain.3892

It’s very reliable actually. Watch some GvG videos and you’ll see that it works perfectly fine.

GvG is not WvW and the context is different.

Afala – Ehmry Bay