Congrats Anet, you have killed RoF

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Three of our biggest guilds just announced that they are leaving the Ring of Fire. The crap matchups lately aren’t the only reason they are leaving but you can be assured it’s a big part of it.

We’re not only losing our biggest and most active WvW guilds, we’re losing some of the best commanders on the server, and our community Team Speak server.

So go ahead, put us back in the trash can tier tomorrow. You might as well.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Renxian.6982

Renxian.6982

Is your entire server in those three guilds?

in WvW

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

Three of our biggest guilds just announced that they are leaving the Ring of Fire. The crap matchups lately aren’t the only reason they are leaving but you can be assured it’s a big part of it.

We’re not only losing our biggest and most active WvW guilds, we’re losing some of the best commanders on the server, and our community Team Speak server.

So go ahead, put us back in the trash can tier tomorrow. You might as well.

I got news for you my friend! They are killing the whole game not just your server

in WvW

Posted by: Bogey.5423

Bogey.5423

This whole new match-up system is only designed to kill Ring of Fire. You didn’t know it?

Pretty much every server is running a risk to have bad match-up. Moving to another server doesn’t really solve it, because they do not know what kind of match-ups they are going to get in new server. More likely it is other things that make guilds move, which you did give some validity.

[Hex]

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The groups going are by far the biggest WvW guilds, and like I said, they are the best organized in terms of community services like Team Speak.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

On the up side maybe you’ll get matched with Vabbi and FoW and have a good 10v10 match

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Renxian.6982

The groups going are by far the biggest WvW guilds, and like I said, they are the best organized in terms of community services like Team Speak.

What’s the rest of your server doing?

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Dungeons, fractals, dragons, falling to their deaths from flying boats…

There is actually a lot more to this game than WvW, and a lot of people don’t like our part of the game, just like I detest jumping puzzles.

I’m not going to apologize for the fact that many don’t play WvW, but it seriously sucks when the people leaving are the biggest groups, and best commanders, and all at the same time…

(edited by Herr der Friedhoefe.2490)

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

I am sorry for you losses. But if you really enjoy running with them, then consider moving with them.

Where are they moving to btw?

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Exact same thing happened to Desolation we had HUGE numbers they left and Desolation couldnt recover. I then followed a mate to WhiteRidge

in WvW

Renxian.6982

There is actually a lot more to this game than WvW, and a lot of people don’t like our part of the game, just like I detest jumping puzzles.

I’m not going to apologize for the fact that many don’t play WvW, but it seriously sucks when the people leaving are the biggest groups, and best commanders, and all at the same time…

Not asking you to apologize, but if you are a WvW lover on a PVE server, you may want to consider going to a server that loves WvW like you do.

in WvW

Posted by: Kodel.4871

Kodel.4871

It won’t damage RoF as tier and rank have 0 purpose anymore, they’ll probably transfer and get either steamrolled or a dull week the same as the rest of us which they also know and leads me onto another point.

With them knowing this then they don’t really care about gaining points, taking towers or boosting servers only GvG matches all around the maps which doesn’t do alot for the server in general, from this I think RoF will be just fine as 80% of our WvW population are pugs and has been for a while (probably another reason they are leaving).

I don’t know exactly which guilds but I do know the top commanders in our top guilds haven’t commanded our main forces in some time and have been guild only. Our recent tower takeovers in our BL and EB are down to new commanders or ones that have quite small guilds and are still happy to command pugs.

We’ll be just fine as there are no tiers anymore and you can jump to fighting servers 9 ranks above or below you so what difference?

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger
Trullsengar – Elementalist
Arapay – Mesmer, Guild Leader RCG / Ring of Fire

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Not asking you to apologize, but if you are a WvW lover on a PVE server, you may want to consider going to a server that loves WvW like you do.

Are any of the servers designated “PvP”? THIS is part of the problem with the game with the fact thakittens no faction Vs Faction everyone is nice in PvE it makes it harder for a PvP person to find that right server.

I would have personally liked to have seen different factions, all classes and races open to both of course but then it could have made it so that in the “PvE” world you could still PvP people (all NPC are friendly to both factions)

Then you could have gone and had PvE servers and PvP servers just like WoW where you can turn on or off the “PvP” tag when on a PvE server but its always on in a PvP server and then you risk getting attacked by those of other servers, would help with the GvG / FvF as well as rather then having to find a place in WvW you could fight it out in the “PvE” world and others could join in if they wanted and such

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

It won’t damage RoF as tier and rank have 0 purpose anymore

only GvG matches all around the maps which doesn’t do alot for the server in general

Isn’t it a kind of contradiction in argument? What is it besides GvG and open field that is “alot for the server” if “rank have 0 purpose anymore”?

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Kodel.4871

It won’t damage RoF as tier and rank have 0 purpose anymore

only GvG matches all around the maps which doesn’t do alot for the server in general

Isn’t it a kind of contradiction in argument? What is it besides GvG and open field that is “alot for the server” if “rank have 0 purpose anymore”?

I guess really just having as many towers as possible our colour, you know, for morale, so when random people log on and see we are doing well they feel they want to contribute so fight more and when pugs are 80% of the WvW population they need map colour and towers for encouragement to fight as they don’t have guilds to tell them where to be and what to do. When this happens a server has more people fighting for them so win more, this is what I mean by “alot for the server”.

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

One thing I have learnt in this game. I used to give way to server loyalty and server pride. I felt this underlying burn out constantly. Then I decided I was going to play for myself and play where I enjoyed and to forget server loyalty and server pride and I have never been happier in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The first thing Anet can do to stop guilds from jumping ship is just shut down all server transfers until they decide how to even out the WvW population.

One of the hugest problems which is contributing to the uneven matches is large guilds jumping ship to servers that don’t need them. This does nothing for WvW but make it worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

The only real option anet has is shutting down the bottom 3 servers and merge them all forcefully into 3 other same language servers.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

I agree with Delarme that server merges is inevitable now, specially with the likes of Vabbi and FoW. The only question is when.

in WvW

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Colly.4073 is correct.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Yes, last 6 weeks with crazy matchups either 9 ranks up or 6 7 ranks down can really disapoint people.
But I dont think that they are doing good.
Look, matters where you go. To top tiers? Queue. To rank 10? Blobs. To rank 27? no point.
So RoF on rank 20 is actually not so bad idea and I am glad that whiners go away.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I agree with Delarme that server merges is inevitable now, specially with the likes of Vabbi and FoW. The only question is when.

wont happen anytime soon, if u haven’t got the memo yet,
WvW is not in thier top 100 priorities..

if anything they will add few more to show the world how the game is “flourishing”

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I made a post about how WvW was destroying servers, it’s not surprising. They need to fix the mechanics or the competitive type will move on of find a server that can compete till there’s nothing left for the other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

I’m from FoW and I disagree..
I chose FoW as server since it had a nice ring to it (little did I know that it would be in T9 WvW for ages).. Should servers merge, then I’m off, transferring to a high tier server to troll, since I have no more “home” server at that time..

And I’m quite getting kitten ed because of all those kittenheads mocking the T9. Meet me in 1v1 in the battlefield, and I’ll show you T1-3 what a T9 ranger can do.. (yeah, ranger, you read it!)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

And I’m quite getting kitten ed because of all those kittenheads mocking the T9. Meet me in 1v1 in the battlefield, and I’ll show you T1-3 what a T9 ranger can do.. (yeah, ranger, you read it!)

pfft. sPvP is over there —-——>

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

pfft. sPvP is over there —-——>

I know, I know.. :-)
But it just astonishes me that I see so many people flaming about that “trash can tier”, as if FoW/Vabbi have nothing to offer at all.. We have some great players, some cool commanders, … We have as much fun as those snobs in T1..
So it’s not because you live in a small country that you’re by default more crap than a high popped country.. (Belgium > USA, for instance )

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

Where are they heading?

RP enthusiast

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I really doubt any guild would take moving so slightly as you make out, do you not think it could be due to other issues?

If that many players feel ROF isn’t fun to play on anymore I don’t blame them if they want to move.

Its not cheap to move anymore so lets be honest a guild wouldnt take moving lightly

in WvW

Posted by: Saelune.5316

Saelune.5316

Atleast you arent one of the two smallest WvW servers who are just cycling between big servers that bully us around.

in WvW

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I’d suggest for some of the guilds to move to Underworld. We still need more players and we are having balanced matchups often… at least the recent ones. Of course a lot stronger and a lot weaker servers in matchup still possible…

in WvW

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

[quote=2395269;Renxian.6982:

What’s the rest of your server doing?[/quote]

Lol reading this with some guildies that’s in one of the guilds moving we all just said WE DON’T KNOW!! A lot of our main wvwers are just frustrated with the amount of pugs who won’t listen, get on ts, work together. It’s like for 7 months they’ve been trying to make the situation better, but it’s only gotten worse.

And we still don’t know where we’re going, we have a short list though of communities to talk to. I can guarantee it won’t be Surmia though

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

in WvW

Hule.8794

Well mainly its problem with matchups not really with pugs.
Be have either very stronger enemy or very weaker. So its not fun and wvwers just dont play as they were used to.

and please L Step, dont talk about main wvweres frustrated. Even those dont come to TS. I know because I am in the small group of wvwers that are on TS. And most of the time, I am there alone.

All we need is some even matchup.

in WvW

Kodel.4871

Well TaG have definately made the right choice in leaving RoF, this server it seems isn’t for you guys and hasn’t been for some time. I wish you all the best wherever you go and hope you find what you are looking for. Thank you for your help and time spent with us. I hope you don’t find yourself being the top guild/group on a server always complimented in each matchup to being the smallest and most insignificant one that’s does nothing noteworthy above the other 10 far bigger guilds you find yourself allied with, which isn’t probably a problem for you so long as they have better coordination maybe?

Didn’t really want to be snide in this post just pointing out what you’ll face with transfer and whether it’s still worth it. Notoreity is surely very important when it’s only a game you’re playing and you’ll risk losing it with transfer as you are still quite small in GW2 guild size….just saying.

Ceda Bloodeye – Ranger

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

I chose FoW as server since it had a nice ring to it (little did I know that it would be in T9 WvW for ages).. Should servers merge, then I’m off, transferring to a high tier server to troll, since I have no more “home” server at that time..

Even if what you said is true, 1v1 will never be WvW. That’s why 1v1ers might choose to stay on FoW, while all WvWers will eventually move out. (or has already moved out.)

in WvW

Posted by: jaimy.4108

jaimy.4108

I wish the guilds who left RoF all the best luck on your new server! Hope you made a good choice =D

VoTF

in WvW

Posted by: Murderous Clown.9723

Murderous Clown.9723

You seem to be getting on ok in your new matchup.

Jimibabob – Valkyries of Dwayna [VoD]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Chinnee.7051

Chinnee.7051

Well, we fight together RoF (and u suprised me!)… So, i’m sorry for what happen to you, but we, Gandara, have some **** weeks when we played with AM or Millers even BB (for example). Like you guys, we spend 2-3 weeks with the same servers… and always lose, but that’s not stopping us to be a united/great server. Stop complaining about pugs, **** ranks and all of it. Don’t find reasons to fall back, you did a great job in WvW ! We have too pugs, people who don’t listen to the commander or worst commander, but we don’t leave Gandara for another server.

I wanted to leave too (same reasons as your big guild), but i choose to stay and luckly me… i found a great guild focus WvW. We are always 10-15 ppl, but we got good fights and the experience I lived it would not change my thoughts to leave Gandara.

That big guild it’s important for your server. That guild doesn’t need pugs to kill us or others. They can work as a team and learn from mistakes. (you said that is a great commander).

Well, good luck guys and be brave !

in WvW

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

Hi,

As Guild officer of one of the guilds that left RoF, i can tell you it was not a easy decision. But like i said in the community meeting I brought the game for my enjoyment and it came to the point when i was not enjoying myself anymore. RoF has been my home since BWE1, so believe me it was not easy for me to move. The WvW match-ups for me are not a problem i don’t care if we win or lose, all that matters to me is that i have fun. At the end of a day it’s a “GAME.” I moved away 2 weeks ago to another server where i was shown a completely different side of the game, which i really enjoyed. For me this is the reason we moved we simply wasn’t enjoying RoF anymore, Nothing to do with match-ups, nothing to do with PVE or even the pugs in WvW.

Thanks for an incredible 18 months RoF but it’s time to move on.

Swisstony.

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

in WvW

Hule.8794

Hi Swisstony, I got only one question. Did you and your guild leader realized that what happened to RoF last weeks, can happen to everybod?
I dont know which server you come to, but I hope it was not GH,Gandara,AG,MS,FSR,Arb,FR,BT,Un,DL,Ko,WSR,FoW and Vabbi.
Because each of those servers had bad luck this week. Either they stomp or beiing stomped.

This week we have Dzag and RoS and I can say, reset night was the funniest thing happened in last 4 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Taterz.1706

Taterz.1706

Hi Swisstony, I got only one question. Did you and your guild leader realized that what happened to RoF last weeks, can happen to everybod?
I dont know which server you come to, but I hope it was not GH,Gandara,AG,MS,FSR,Arb,FR,BT,Un,DL,Ko,WSR,FoW and Vabbi.
Because each of those servers had bad luck this week. Either they stomp or beiing stomped.

This week we have Dzag and RoS and I can say, reset night was the funniest thing happened in last 4 weeks.

Like i said in my post, moving has nothing to do with the match ups. Fighting Vabbi and FoW, ok not ideal but still doesn’t bother me. It is all about having fun. I’m glad you was having fun, but everyone’s definition of fun is different where we are was one of the best resets I’ve taken part in.

Wish you all the best in the future.

Swiss

Swisstony – Elementalist
I Swisstony ! – Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/swisstony239

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

You should be in sPvP, not WvW.

If your running around with a WvW capable build as a ranger, you aren’t owning anybody 1v1. If your running around in a build built for sPvP, your only hurting your server.. time to change.

in WvW

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

WvW is the most boring, repetitive, cyclical application of RvR that I have ever seen. They have essentially just made this game about numbers. Maps are too constrictive, and all you see is huge blobs going from place to place to place in a circle 24/7. its overwhelmingly dull. I have tried running with huge zergs (not fun; feels like im a member of the borg), doing small group roaming, which is essentially restricted to the early morning hours, until the other borg group/blob/zerg shows up and starts their karma train circle.

There is absolutely no reward for defense, upgarding keeps or towers, and no reason to, because seconds later, your 4-5 hours worth of work goes down the toilet to the first karma train borg group comes along and crushes your work, and what did you get? nothing, but a huge loss in gold.

I only pray that another game can actually implement a RvR without being so dang zerg friendly.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Exact same thing happened to Desolation we had HUGE numbers they left and Desolation couldnt recover. I then followed a mate to WhiteRidge

People got bored of fighting Vizunah and getting nightcapped to high heavens.

Deso lost a lot of big guilds. And dropped several tiers down.

Luckily this trash of a matching system still thinks its funny to keep matching us with Vizunah. Atleast we know it has a sense of humor…

in WvW

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

My friends account is in Yaks Bend. Also matched with Maguuma and Dragonbrand.

Dragonbrand currently owns 95% of wvw.

Again SoS is matched up with TC, how to compete.

Anet, kitten? Cap player numbers based on each servers current population per map, or go back to the old system, thank you.

These new match ups are not competitive, the old system at least had that.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

An example of how crappy the match match up is:

Last week we (WhiteSide Ridge) were crushed, easily and mostly due to being seriously out numbered by noob-zergs with no actual skill and just numbers (Yes Far Shivers i am talking about you!)

This week we are steam rolling the other severs, we got Fissure of Woes and Xabbi or something(currently not online) at one point we had ALL of EB and were going to the others and taking then, considering jsut how small a WvW we have i dread to think what most matchups for these servers get

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

If it makes you feel any better I expect our big guilds to leave at some point, too. We’re getting very big zergy enemy servers and can’t compete with them.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

dnt bring deso in this in that way. only thing that happened to deso, is that it lost players like you. we are going up again, with the joined effort of all the real deso players and guilds that have left against all odds.

if deso should be mentioned in this thread, it should be as a sign that it is possible.

good luck with RoF. i hope you guys get over rough times.

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

dnt bring deso in this in that way. only thing that happened to deso, is that it lost players like you. we are going up again, with the joined effort of all the real deso players and guilds that have left against all odds.

if deso should be mentioned in this thread, it should be as a sign that it is possible.

good luck with RoF. i hope you guys get over rough times.

Thats good to hear, it was a solid server. How exactly is me leaving for a SMALLER server with a friend bad?

in WvW

Posted by: Corrosive.9172

Corrosive.9172

Some members of said guild who left RoF were belittling all other players on Friday, commenting that the server will be “dead” once they leave and laughing. To those I say ‘Good Riddance’, your appalling conduct and negative attitude is not welcome on the server.
To the other members of the guilds who left I’d like to wish you good luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for and have FUN – this is a game after all!

I’ve been away this weekend so am looking forward to getting back in to action tomorrow evening. We appear to have a great match up at last

Ring of Fire ~ [PWNY] Corro Sive

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Desolation didn’t die. We have stabilized to rank #6 and our rating has been going up for several weeks. In fact we ended up 2nd in our match up last week and we are gonna do that this week as well. See:
http://mos.millenium.org/eu

We used to have outmanned “buff” on us almost all the time. Now we can even have queue to all borderlands on a non-reset night.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]