Content from the Dev livestream

in WvW

Posted by: Mystery.7392

Mystery.7392

So….

No new map.

Did you even watch the stream?

EDIT: in the screenshot above he is currently STANDING WHERE WATER SHOULD BE (via the mini-map) but is on a new “Colosseum” of sort which works towards Bloodlust in the Borderlands (new name for Orb?)

Oh my gosh..they changed 1 small area on the map.. You call THAT a new map?

Aloha Luana – The Iron Triangle [IRON]
Warrior – Gunnar’s Hold
Will always love Elona!

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Well it is either that or be let down.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

So….

No new map.

EDIT: in the screenshot above he is currently STANDING WHERE WATER SHOULD BE (via the mini-map) but is on a new “Colosseum” of sort which works towards Bloodlust in the Borderlands (new name for Orb?)

Well the lake is not really a small area since it dominates the mid and beginning portion of the southern areas of the map, but no it is not a new map.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in WvW

Posted by: Ayusaki.6739

Ayusaki.6739

Where does that tunnel lead?

Attachments:

[KnT] Kuliya/Kessumi/Kiyuu/Hit My Zerg Not Me

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

interesting

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Probably to an entrance to bay. Only if you hold it.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

it points northwest

perhaps a redesigned bay “watergate” instead of those 2 breakable walls + ally entrance?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

So….

No new map.

Lol you need to think outside the box.. If 1 area was changed to hold what looks like an “orb point” – wouldn’t they change the areas surrounding the OTHER 4?!

Removing the lake and putting in these “orb points” is HUGE. Not to mention all of the other changes in the map you saw while he was panning his camera.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Ayusaki.6739

it points northwest

perhaps a redesigned bay “watergate” instead of those 2 breakable walls + ally entrance?

That’s an awfully small tunnel, camera angles would be hard pressed to find a good viewable angle. I personally don’t know if it goes ANYWHERE… yet…

in WvW

Ayusaki.6739

So….

No new map.

Are you complaining about progress? If so, explain to me how a brand new map would work in your eyes. How would you go about balancing it? Did you measure all of the distances between towers and keeps to make sure that trebs aren’t too close between two or more objectives? The more details the better, you seem to have designed a few of your own for a several million-player-game judging by your reply.

(edited by Ayusaki.6739)

in WvW

Slomo.1029

it points northwest

That’s an awfully small tunnel, camera angles would be hard pressed to find a good viewable angle. I personally don’t know if it goes ANYWHERE… yet…

In the end it turns out to be a dead end. Poor communication within the teams that knew there will be a tunnel, and the ones who didnt.
Just like every WvW change they make.

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

At first i was excited at the reinforce mastery thinking it was a new way to “reinforce” walls and gates while in a tower/keep, then I saw the larger screeny. The text saying “improves your ability to get back into the fight” doesn’t bode well for those of us that like to defend. Sadly I believe the flipping wars will go on.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

A list of added content:

5 WvW ruins in the borderlands, when you hold 3 you get a buff.

This is all that really matters. Did they go into details? Can you elaborate please? I can’t watch it at work, its blocked, those kittens!

Basically there is five points around the lake very much like a SPvP capture point (don’t go all ape kitten I’m only using SPvP as and example to describe the point) if you cap and hold 3 you get the bloodlust buff. Its looks as if they will flip every few seconds though, realistically you won’t leave a zerg to guard it so the enemy zerg can storm in, cap, and move on. They didn’t go into detail so maybe there will be something put in place to prevent this but, as it is, it looks like a speed bump for a zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

A list of added content:

This is all that really matters. Did they go into details? Can you elaborate please? I can’t watch it at work, its blocked, those kittens!

Basically there is five points around the lake very much like a SPvP capture point (don’t go all ape kitten I’m only using SPvP as and example to describe the point) if you cap and hold 3 you get the bloodlust buff. Its looks as if they will flip every few seconds though, realistically you won’t leave a zerg to guard it so the enemy zerg can storm in, cap, and move on. They didn’t go into detail so maybe there will be something put in place to prevent this but, as it is, it looks like a speed bump for a zerg.

i look forward to the roamers gathering at these points so we can 30vs1 them when we need the buff

in WvW

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Well it’s a start but after a year i was expecting some more beef. Still good to see something Major that will change up how WvW is played. I imagine fighting in this arena area in WvW will be pretty fun. Those little entrances seem like a good way to hide a entire zerg. Would be cool to see some siege concept art just to see what they are brainstorming up.

I’d like to see them putting some siege, tower, and other WvW skins into the gem store or something as well though. They could take assets from the races in game to reduce development time and then later on they could come up with more unique designs. Just want to show Anet that I’d rather support WvW over PvE and Spvp.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

There’s a HUGE castle ruin in the middle of the lake.

Looked pretty cool though, I like the open field points of contest and, at least the one we were shown, is disadvantaged by height for defenders. I wonder if the others will have similar topological (dis)/advantages.

Seems there’s next to no water left, on either.

I’m pretty excited, for once.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Ayusaki.6739

A list of added content:

It DOES seem like a speed bump for zergs because there are 5 points which need to be capped, of which 3 need to be capped, but the details on how the meta event appears and disappears is still very much lacking. Maybe when the map gets full (or partly capped) it appears. Maybe it’s persistent throughout the entire playing of the matchup, can be flipped at any time. Maybe killing the Grub in EBG makes them spawn on a random map. Maybe they disappear when you cap at least 3, with no chance of flipping them back until X Y Z happens.

I hope they release more information soon, because I’m speculating way too much.

My honest thoughts are theat when you capture these points, a bridge or a gate appears and you are able to traverse it and grab the orb, or fight a boss or something which gives you the buff. If you capture the points, you get guards which watch the point for you while you charge or teleport into the center. The more points you control, the more buffer you have to defeat or grab whatever it is that is lying in waits in the center.

(edited by Ayusaki.6739)

in WvW

Vena.8436

I hope they release more information soon, because I’m speculating way too much.

You have five points and one huge center castle ruin.

Hold 3 of 5 for some time, something occurs in the central castle that you then have to capture? If you lose the points, you lose the ability to capture/hold it. Maybe.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Urrid.4593

i look forward to the roamers gathering at these points so we can 30vs1 them when we need the buff

Basically this.

it will however reduce the amount of “2v1” pressure on northern towers on reset night.

I have to hand it to them, almost any significant change can have a far reaching impact. (That’s why I like WvW).

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Basically this.

it will however reduce the amount of “2v1” pressure on northern towers on reset night.

I have to hand it to them, almost any significant change can have a far reaching impact. (That’s why I like WvW).

The 5 cap points seem like a great place for roamers to duel AND help out their server at the same time if the system is how I imagined it to be.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Ayusaki.6739

Saw this on reddit, took me a moment to realize this changed too.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

I like, i really like :O

in WvW

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

Those ruins can be an interesting place to fight with lots of things like using terrain to your advantage. Well I can say I’m not disappointed in this tiny preview.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Give people a 5 second “can’t swim” debuff after leaving the cap where they take damage upon entering the water and can’t submerge.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Yeah this is looking pretty darn good!

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

Basically this.

right on reset night it should make the lower 2 servers go after each other more. then after reset night like everything else whoever holds it will be the side with the most people. also with as bad as the flyhacking was i am sure the easier way to capture the points is to have the fancy teleport bots take all 5 capture points instantly

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i have to admit, i was very very skeptical. now, i’m on the fence. i have to see how things pan out with the new capture points in game before i make any judgement on them.

that being said, i still feel the same way about the WXP system entirely. all it does is encourage people to flip-and-run in circles around the map to farm points for lackluster abilities. basic siege was fine when the game was released, it’s fine now. it didn’t need anything changed about it from launch. it was one of the few things they didn’t need to tinker with at all. i’d still rather they’d just get rid of the masteries entirely, and focus on the things that were actually problems. (the commander/squad system, numerous bugs/exploits, party UI)

in WvW

Posted by: BillDoor.8923

BillDoor.8923

So did they give a time frame other that the ever present soon?

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Wow! It looks like they redid the maps quite a bit…that looks so cool! I hope they added more terrain, more chokes, more fun! I’ve always felt the terrain was a bit flat (in texture, not in up and down hills)..though now I might not be able to blink places hehe :P

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

They got sPvP chocolate in my WvW Peanut Butter!

Depends on what the bloodlust buff does whether I like what this is. If those capture points add 5 points per tick they’ll be fought over for sure.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Slomo.1029

So did they give a time frame other that the ever present soon?

Something along the lines if “sadly I dont have a release date and I wont show you the other 4 capture points just yet”.
Is this our christmas present?

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

They got sPvP chocolate in my WvW Peanut Butter!

Depends on what the bloodlust buff does whether I like what this is. If those capture points add 5 points per tick they’ll be fought over for sure.

I doubt they’ll be that much, probably just some extra buff. But whats wrong with adding more capping points, away from keeps? I like it, it’ll make people less likely to get their keeps/towers upgraded and just turtle them, which gets boring real fast…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

kinda like the ideas of the 5 capture points myself….maybe give the small man teams something else to do sense i dont think you would be able to be at all 5 capture points. all 3 castles and all the towers at the same time with a zerg so it would mean split the zerg up or you would loose some of those objectives…..small man teams and solo roams should be a lil happy about this i would think

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I like, i really like :O

Looks fun. Not going to lie. Also I see some new places to siege hills from? (I am joking here, but here is hoping…)

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

I’ve added few more on top of the one i posted on reddit and you saw :

http://imgur.com/a/VMugH

They have changed the landscape around the lake quite alot.

There is something big in the middle of the lake as well as you can see on the last screen.

Basically those 5 new cap points are like 5 new supply camps for thieves and people who love small scale skirmishes around the map tho can’t say clearly what will be the impact and magnitude of this wvw buff for holding them.

Any change on the landscape adds more opportunity for new tactics/siege placement and strategies.

People shouldn’t cry about new stuff before playing it.

Attachments:

(edited by Luna.9640)

in WvW

Posted by: BillDoor.8923

BillDoor.8923

Wow so not even a soon.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I’ve added few more on top of the one i posted on reddit and you saw : http://imgur.com/a/VMugH

Thanks Luna.

I cannot wait.

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

There is something big in the middle of the lake as well as you can see on the last screen.

Basically those 4 new cap points are like 4 new supply camps for thieves and people who love small scale skirmishes around the map tho can’t say clearly what will be the impact and magnitude of this wvw buff for holding them.

Any change on the landscape adds more opportunity for new tactics/siege placement and strategies.

People shouldn’t cry about new stuff before playing it.

That 3rd screenshot looks like a capture point, maybe they all aren’t designed the same? Thieves and roamers are gonna love this new map.. wow, I’m actually impressed.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

I wonder if the rest of the map got a much needed face lift? A few extra details like trees / hiding spots go a long way. I saw some new happy trees near south hills…

Also, I wonder what kind of WxP per capture we’re talking about in the middle? 50? 75? 100? 150? None?

Now to wait (while playing FF14.)

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Vena.8436

I wonder if the rest of the map got a much needed face lift? A few extra details like trees / hiding spots go a long way.

Now to wait (while playing FF14.)

They added trees around Lake, seems there’s a lot more chokes/camo/terrain elevation in the field and its not just one big flat landmass with a hill on one side and a bay on the other.

[Eon] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: LotuS.4378

LotuS.4378

After i start watching this stream i got a little hope that something will change, and at least we will get some nice info, but after 2 min of stream i lost my hope. AN thinks that abilities on WvW are great, and trying to make them use by players. New orb will completly destroy GvG, and still like half of year till this orb. This is kinda pathetic.
Go play with your ability alone AN. Thx for destroying WvW.

Im done with this game. Everquest NEXT is next target.

It was funny when people started to spam about GvG, AN turned off stream. Well done. You dont care about players at all.

[INC] Incendies
http://incendies-guild.tk/

in WvW

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

The green scribbles (FPS meter and ping it looks like?) – are they an overlay from a 3rd party tool, or part of the dev build he is using?

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

The green scribbles (FPS meter and ping it looks like?) – are they an overlay from a 3rd party tool, or part of the dev build he is using?

Gotta be Dev tools.

I just want the ability to blow up walls and stuff like that… Must be fun playing God sometimes.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

After i start watching this stream i got a little hope that something will change, and at least we will get some nice info, but after 2 min of stream i lost my hope. AN thinks that abilities on WvW are great, and trying to make them use by players. New orb will completly destroy GvG, and still like half of year till this orb. This is kinda pathetic.

It was funny when people started to spam about GvG, AN turned off stream. Well done. You dont care about players at all.

Incorrect.
They don’t “care” about GvG in WvW. Which has also been stated on this very forum.
GvG != WvW so stop spamming WvW-centric discussions/streams/forum with GvG stuff and require them to build the game about it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Ayusaki.6739

So have I. Mine is a “What you might have missed-type”, not a complete overview.

Hope this doesn’t get Hugh into trouble!

http://imgur.com/a/nepxQ

in WvW

Posted by: Metatail.1306

Metatail.1306

3 of the new Repair Mastery skills are:
- at 100 points mark – Remove a stack of Structural Vulnerability on gates and walls for every 2 supply spent repairing.
- at 130 points mark – Apply a stack of Structural Integrity on gates and walls for every 2 supply spent repairing.
- at 164 points mark – Unlocks bundle at vendor that allows repairing of siege.

Attachments:

in WvW

Feed Me Change.6528

So have I. Mine is a “What you might have missed-type”, not a complete overview.

Hope this doesn’t get Hugh into trouble!

http://imgur.com/a/nepxQ

Master cannon build site?? Did he put that there or was it there when he went into the area?

They do these kind of things because we will tear it down ourselves, we speak for them in a way.

in WvW

Urrid.4593

- at 100 points mark – Remove a stack of Structural Vulnerability on gates and walls for every 2 supply spent repairing.
- at 130 points mark – Apply a stack of Structural Integrity on gates and walls for every 2 supply spent repairing.

One hundred and sixty four ranks to repair siege? Ouch… But I want…

(edited by Urrid.4593)

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i find this much more interesting than anything else. suggests changes to the upgrade system, imo.

map revamp… good, but known/expected. reinforcement mastery… ok. bloodlust… orbs were ridiculously imbalanced so im not getting my hopes up for it.

revamp of upgrades… dare i hope to not spend gold?!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Don’t kid yourself, you would be going to everquest next regardless. Some people just don’t like games and force themselves to play them as they wait for the next one to come and disappoint them.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever