Dear YB, what is wrong with you?

in WvW

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Dear YB, i have a following questions:

- why are you so rude to people from own server who are trying to get upgrades up in keeps?
- why do you refuse to help those people?

Past 2 weeks i spent trying to get upgrades up and sieg up our keep/towers in EB.

When i asked for help to defend camp since we need supplies ppl were simply rude to me for simple reason: i ordered upgrade on camp instead of building omega because frankly we had 5 ppl, upgrading our corner was more important imo, than going on suicidal mission with 1 omega.

Other time, i said in map chat YB needs more big guilds and not many many roaming guilds or small guilds need to group up or we won’t be able to defend out stuff. Guess what? I got rained with rude messages, i got called all possible things, once again i had to solo upgrade towers to t3 with all sieg because people refused to help and defend.

People might disagree with me, i might disagree with someone but i am not gonna refuse help to defend own keeps/towers just because i have personal issues with person.

I have been in quite few servers, this is first time i experienced such rudeness from own server when i spent my own gold/karma and sieg to help our defense.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in WvW

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

Ya, that doesn’t sound like a friendly server. Server I’m in everyone supports people who are doing what you’re doing. I’d move servers. Doesn’t sound too fun and just sounds like you’re going to get served on and lose a lot lol.

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Servers (people) who spend inordinate amounts of time stressing/worrying/gazing/playingfor PPT and the scoreboard (rather than worrying about things they can actually control and having fun), usually go to pieces when they get faced with a tough matchup. This may be the cause of the responses you were getting.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Yak’s Bend… not surprised

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

While I do not like YB at all and this thread is pretty amusing I think it should have been made on a private website, YB’s forum or something

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Mickz.8356

Mickz.8356

no wonder Yaks kittening suck

Cream, Collecting Loot [Bags]

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

The only purpose this thread serves is to complain and publically announce that you think they are an unfriendly server.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Maybe the other members of your server are tired of losing every week and are more interested in having some fun, instead of hugging towers and arrow carts in a desperate move to stay in Tier 3.

Dropping down one spot would be the most popular move in NA right now, as T4 is miserable with the SEA heavy DB; while YB can’t provide the fights that T3 servers crave.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Blaming the whole server because of few bad apples isn’t fair. If they are rude to you, PLEASE (I am not screaming, but requesting) report them. They have no right to misbehave with anyone. You can go to YB’s official forum and share their names among us so that we identify them.

Except for dailies, I don’t go to WvW anymore due to same match-up over and over again and I know of many people who is in the same boat as me.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar of Belle.9623

Move servers?

Threnody of Belle – Necromancer and PvE Carebear (24,500 achievement points)
Maguuma
#allisvain

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

The only purpose this thread serves is to complain and publically announce that you think they are an unfriendly server.

Please explain why rain is wet master.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Chris.3290

Blaming the whole server because of few bad apples isn’t fair. If they are rude to you, PLEASE (I am not screaming, but requesting) report them. They have no right to misbehave with anyone. You can go to YB’s official forum and share their names among us so that we identify them.

Except for dailies, I don’t go to WvW anymore due to same match-up over and over again and I know of many people who is in the same boat as me.

You guys should just take all that supply you have been using for siege and build golems so that every person on the map either has a golem or is a mesmer. Just wreck SBI and Mags all over. It would be a fun one-time event that would also help towards changing the matchup.

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

Maybe the other members of your server are tired of losing every week and are more interested in having some fun, instead of hugging towers and arrow carts in a desperate move to stay in Tier 3.

Dropping down one spot would be the most popular move in NA right now, as T4 is miserable with the SEA heavy DB; while YB can’t provide the fights that T3 servers crave.

This is what we do on DR. We havnt won a match in months and probably wont for a long time. So we just have fun. Don’t even really bother upgrading most stuff or putting up more than an ac or 2. To bad there is no tier lower for us to drop down to lol. Oh well the smaller scale fights and lots of 1v1s 2v2s beats the blob servers wvw any day.

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Oh god yes, would love to fight some servers that could at least compete with our coverage without burning out for a slim victory like 1 week ago.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Cynz.9437

I am not saying YB sucks, it is actually decent server. I do wish certain people on this server would be less rude and more supportive in wvw.

As far as privat forums go, i never sign up on such forums.

All is Vain~

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

BWUH? Wait, so [BS] moved to Magz? Miss ya over in SF dude, but i understand.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

BWUH? Wait, so [BS] moved to Magz? Miss ya over in SF dude, but i understand.

Yessir, and a few of us on SF went as we were looking for better fights. You won’t miss me much bro, I can still play on SF whenever, that is what happens when you get troll-banned and end up with two accounts.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

PookieDaWombat.6209

Yeah, I know. Still sucks a bit though that you caught that much hell over nonsense. Say hi to [BS] for me!

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

I smell a ppt carebear here. I think what you don’t understand is that a lot of people understand we are not going to win the ppt game. We can hardly match numbers with the servers we fight. The pug fair weather players are long gone. So we know the second we leave EB of all places that the whole thing will most likely flip as both mag and sbi push our corner none stop. If the guilds like playing small man/havoc and they find it fun then you know what I’m just happy they are out there so let them play the way they want. Irrwi we have played this game together in the same guild which you have quit twice and I have no problem with you but I also know you are very stubborn and when you don’t get your way you don’t take it very well. What you have done is nothing but a lie cause I have never seen any of this stuff on yaks bend ever. We fight hard and we fight with heart. We may not win every week or win at all. We may not hold that tower you upgraded because we don’t have 80 people in EB all day long and are constantly outmanned everywhere. At some point you have to start looking at yourself as the problem and not the server.

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

I smell a ppt carebear here.

I smell a pathetic attempt at pier-pressuring someone into your playstyle.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

- why are you so rude to people from own server who are trying to get upgrades up in keeps?

Past 2 weeks i spent trying to get upgrades up and sieg up our keep/towers in EB.

When i asked for help to defend camp since we need supplies ppl were simply rude to me for simple reason: i ordered upgrade on camp instead of building omega because frankly we had 5 ppl, upgrading our corner was more important imo, than going on suicidal mission with 1 omega.

Other time, i said in map chat YB needs more big guilds and not many many roaming guilds or small guilds need to group up or we won’t be able to defend out stuff. Guess what? I got rained with rude messages, i got called all possible things, once again i had to solo upgrade towers to t3 with all sieg because people refused to help and defend.

People might disagree with me, i might disagree with someone but i am not gonna refuse help to defend own keeps/towers just because i have personal issues with person.

I have been in quite few servers, this is first time i experienced such rudeness from own server when i spent my own gold/karma and sieg to help our defense.

Having faced YB for a few weeks, a lot of us have experienced the unwilingness and/or overall inability of that server to fight. All the server as a whole seems to do is run away and hop onto arrow carts. I hvae seen maybe 2 guilds total that actually fight and they only come on or together for a short time during NA prime, rest is as described.

So has it occured to you that perhaps people on your server are trying to change that to become a better server and you doing what you are doing are enforcing what they are trying to change ?

Maybe your team mates want to get away from a “run-away and arrowcart” image that your server has created for itself ?

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Cynz.9437

Having faced YB for a few weeks, a lot of us have experienced the unwilingness and/or overall inability of that server to fight. All the server as a whole seems to do is run away and hop onto arrow carts. I hvae seen maybe 2 guilds total that actually fight and they only come on or together for a short time during NA prime, rest is as described.

So has it occured to you that perhaps people on your server are trying to change that to become a better server and you doing what you are doing are enforcing what they are trying to change ?

Maybe your team mates want to get away from a “run-away and arrowcart” image that your server has created for itself ?

it is hard to come out when we don’t even have 10 ppl on map vs sbi full map zerg

when i learned how to one shot 80 people, i will play more aggressive

All is Vain~

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

My best advice would be to go to a server that shares your interests.
I’m the same as the OP, I enjoy sieging/upgrading/defence.
Sometimes those things can be frustrating when your server is constantly outmanned and losing.
YB is in a bad spot right now. YB probably doesn’t have the population to consistently do well in T3, so will probably have to wait for a drop to tier 4.
Sorry that people on your own server were rude, it’s probably the result of a frustrating time post season 1 for YB.
Things will get better if you stay positive though.
If a change is needed, you’ll find lots of friendly people that enjoy your playstyle on SBI.
It’s nice knowing you can logout and your efforts won’t immediately perish.

~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

You should transfer to Maguuma. We’re much more friendly.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Tongku.5326

it is hard to come out when we don’t even have 10 ppl on map vs sbi full map zerg

That is funny, considering the number of times our 20-25 man group had the YB map blobs scatter and run from us, even groups of 40ish YB players ran from our 15 mans ….

One particular instance came to mind when we had like 25 people and we were faced with not 1, but 2 YB guilds of 30-40, and instead of fighting they decided to build “creeping open-field arrowcarts” on us. Of course once we veiled and took out out of 5+ of the ACs their map blob ran away. And when I mean map blob, I do mean map blob, meaning vast majority, if not all players on a qued map.

So far in this game I have played against every single server in the lower half, and about half of the servers in upper half (mag, FA, SBI, TC, YB) and YB stands out in this regard by far.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

(edited by Tongku.5326)

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

That is funny, considering the number of times our 20-25 man group had the YB map blobs scatter and run from us, even groups of 40ish YB players ran from our 15 mans ….

One particular instance came to mind when we had like 25 people and we were faced with not 1, but 2 YB guilds of 30-40, and instead of fighting they decided to build “creeping open-field arrowcarts” on us. Of course once we veiled and took out out of 5+ of the ACs their map blob ran away. And when I mean map blob, I do mean map blob, meaning vast majority, if not all players on a qued map.

So far in this game I have played against every single server in the lower half, and about half of the servers in upper half (mag, FA, SBI, TC, YB) and YB stands out in this regard by far.

Stop being so pro l33t and maybe people will fight you. Or stop exaggerating.
Everyone always says they have less numbers than the other.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

kitten it, Deany…

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Chris.3290

Oh yeah, the Magummys have SUCH respect for people who man siege…..

in WvW

PookieDaWombat.6209

Speaking as someone that plays (primarily) defense on my server (unless its mid week and I just want to get some WXP and loot bags) I have to say I feel your pain…mostly.

Sure people need to not be rude, but this is a game…online…with people. There tends to be rudeness, even from server mates. That being said, Anet isn’t (or doesn’t seem to be) all that concerned about making WvW very defense player friendly since your time spent (as well as gold and karma) on defense isn’t rewarded nearly as much as joining a group of roamers or a zerg. Unfortunately the other aspect of the game that hurts those of us that like some defensive play is that even if you singlehandedly got everything up to T3, the moment you log off, some group of 3 with a golem are going to paper it all over night, and you’re out all that time, gold and karma.

For those weeks that you know your server is going to get rolled hard, don’t worry so much about defense. It will only bug you out. And if you see people on your server making a like of ACs out in the field, chew them out for not manning up and fighting a proper open field battle.

Soraya Mayhew – Thief

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Siege needs to be a lot more expensive to even out the defense expense.

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

On top of this YB players are terrible at anything but flash building siege against opponents they outnumber 3:1.

Here’s an example from just a few hours ago:

Background: YB response force of ~6ish FoW and 3ish PUGs fail to hold a fully-upgraded NN camp and wipe on us while we pull their guards. They attempt to re-take the camp with 9-10 people for as long as it takes us to complete 3 upgrades on their NN camp and start the 4th.

Picture 1: YB flash builds a superior AC against 3 of us and attempts to retake the camp. Their assault force wipes against us yet again.

Picture 2: Absent from picture 1 are very sneaky thieves who cleverly use terrain to try and conceal their flanking maneuvers on us in the camp.

Picture 3: After failing to retake the camp again after pulling and killing guards and supervisor into AC range and assaulting with 10-12 people yet again, they then flash build a superior ballista on top of the stairs.

They then try to assault the camp AGAIN and wipe AGAIN despite having both superior AC and superior ballista support.

At this point, they have to call in a 2nd commander who brings 10-15 more people from another BL to clear this camp despite originally outnumbering us 3:1 and having both superior AC and superior ballista support.

Total time to clear NN from 3 people = about 40 minutes.

So for the love of God stay off YB unless you are terrible at this game.

Attachments:

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in WvW

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

I will pay you to come to YB for one week and for your return plus pay you 5 gold every time yaks has a queue in EB only stipulation is that SE and One cannot be on the map at the same time that is how sure I am that we do not queue up EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

Glad to see the removal of the matchup forum has elevated the level of discussion in the forums.

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

Yep, this has become a matchup thread.

Ib4delete. Mag you’re so bad you have to call in 5 friends to take down just me and my guildie in a 2v3.

in WvW

Tongku.5326

I will pay you to come to YB for one week and for your return plus pay you 5 gold every time yaks has a queue in EB only stipulation is that SE and One cannot be on the map at the same time that is how sure I am that we do not queue up EB.

No way. If I transfer servers again I will go back to bronze league because they’re spunky down there and you can at least get some good figths once in a while, just not as much due to WvW population and coverage issues or to the very mid tiers since I havent had an opportunity to play agains CD, EB and BP yet in this game.

YB is a horrid server and you while my policy is “never say never” you would have to pay me a large sum, upfront, roughly equal to my anuual salary, so around 60-70k USD (not gems) in order for me to transfer there. I would treat it as a 2nd job instead of playing a game for fun. Even then it would be questionable since I have left and replaced jobs due to stress factors in the past and playing on YB in such an environment would be very stressful.

Another words, for the time being HELL NO. I’d quit the game sooner then be stuck on a server like that.

See the post by death Touch above with the screenshots. This is our average experience of playing against you as well, and I am on a different server then that guy (or girl). If I had a better machine I would make some youtube videos for you, but unfortunately recording a vid thats high enough quality to actually see some details while playing the game is not an option for me.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

YB never has queues and always needs their patented flash built creeping open field siege.

Attachments:

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Making and participating in threads that serve no purpose other than to shame a group of people (guild, server, party) for perceived behaviors is not conducive to constructive discourse. If you are being harassed by others in-game, please submit a report to the Customer Support team. Do not make a thread to call out this behavior.