Dear host of State of the Game

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I’ve watched all of your previous “interview” with the developers of GW2. Firstly, you and your guests are terrible at asking questions addressing problems within the game. State of the Game usually meant the whole game but all I’ve ever notice from all of the interviews were SPvP related. From my perspective, every single guests, who were asking questions, only focused on asking questions that satisfied their own needs. It’s time to start asking tough questions on all aspects of the game, not just SPvP. What about the broken stealth system where professions lacked traits or skill to reveal stealth players? Aren’t thieves supposed to be deadly assassins who finished fights once they picked one? The current system made them into running/restarting wussies What about the broken match-up systems? What about the broken queues? What about the lack of caps? What about the staled PvE? Especially world bosses being way too easy. We all know balance can’t be achieved through any measure of systems, i.e. ranking tweaking, when you have outmanned situations. How about addressing the issue where the developers weren’t ready to answer any questions when asked. They stumble to look through pages of changes just to find a 5 words answer. This shows me, as a gamer, the developers were rushing to implement random changes that none of the developers are in agreement with, or everyone on the team didn’t know about. How about on the next State of the Game we actually have players from all aspect of the game on the interview? We need player from PvE, WvW, and SPvP because everyone, or a majority of players, knew by now that GW2 wasn’t, and isn’t, just about SPvP. Get your head on straight GW2 and host of State of the Game.

(edited by xTiMeBoMBx.2863)

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

+1

(+ characters for post)

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

This again!

State of the Game is meant only for sPvP because they only found volunteers who are interested in sPvP.

If you want them to do a State of the Game for WvW, volunteer or find a volunteer.

Guild Wars 2 Guru made this call back in March: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/1072-simply-creating-the-next-sotg-for-wvw-not-so-simple/

and no one’s answered it but people still keep whining here that they’re not being served. You can’t blame Guild Wars 2 Guru for not having people from PvE and WvW, if no one from PvE or WvW wants to do it (apparently all they wanna do is whine here).

Seriously guys, step up or shut up.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Or they could ask their audience what topics they’re most interested in learning about and then try to get the appropriate guests (planning?! No way!). They need to start asking hard questions too…all of this softball crap is just silly and useless information. This isn’t supposed to be another venue for Anet to give PR answers, it’s supposed to be something that gives your viewership actual useful information to concerns and interests that they have.

SotG needs some competition from another group to encourage them to step up their game. It’s not the responsibility of SotG’s viewership to spoon-feed them on how to hold an interesting conversation.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

in WvW

styx.7294

Or they could ask their audience what topics they’re most interested in learning about and then try to get the appropriate guests (planning?! No way!).

Why don’t you volunteer your time for that? Or if you have constructive criticism (instead of just insults), feel free to try it with less sarcasm.

SotG needs some competition from another group to encourage them to step up their game. It’s not the responsibility of SotG’s viewership to spoon-feed them on how to hold an interesting conversation.

Again, volunteers, not a business. Threatening them with competition so they go out out of business is not like… going to make them go broke and be sad. It will just free up their time.

I seriously don’t get how you guys are so demanding. It’s like some sPvP players “Hey, we’re willin to take some time out of our month and interview some ArenaNet devs about questions we have”. Then WvW players are like “We have questions too!” and the sPvP people are like “Well, wanna ask them?” and WvW player are like “No, if you really cared about us, you would just know what we want to ask. No one has ever cared about us”.

Ugh, I just keep findin new ways to reiterate this. WvW players weren’t the target audience. They get that WvW players are watching (to their surprise) but they can’t suddenly pull 1000+ hours of WvW experience out of their kitten , especially since they’re busy playin sPvP to stay up current to sPvP things. You need someone (or someones, I’d prefer someone from EB, someone from borderlands, and from different tiers) from WvW to step up and be like “I will volunteer my time and my WvW expertise to search the WvW forums or whatever for questions and then one night a month I will host a WvW State of the Game. Done”.

Gate of Madness

(edited by styx.7294)

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

State of the Game is meant only for sPvP because they only found volunteers who are interested in sPvP.

The fact that Anet, in matter of balance, cares only of Spvp might be part of the issue tho.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in WvW

styx.7294

The fact that Anet, in matter of balance, cares only of Spvp might be part of the issue tho.

That explains why some skills are separate in WvW, PvE, sPvP and patch notes have WvW only sections.

I’d like to get WvW questions for State of the Game too (and not useless tier 1 bullkitten like queues and skill lag) but let’s try to keep things in perspective about this if we wanna get anywhere.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

Or they could ask their audience what topics they’re most interested in learning about and then try to get the appropriate guests (planning?! No way!).

Why don’t you volunteer your time for that? Or if you have constructive criticism (instead of just insults), feel free to try it with less sarcasm.

Because doing webcasts isn’t what I enjoy doing and not something I view as being profitable or worth my time? It’s like saying I should run for president because I don’t agree with the incumbent’s policies. My unwillingness to devote my extremely limited free time to webcasting doesn’t detract from my ability to identify a production that has large room for improvement and bring these deficits to the attention of others.

Again, volunteers, not a business. Threatening them with competition so they go out out of business is not like… going to make them go broke and be sad. It will just free up their time.

Current profitability of the model does not equate to potential future profitability of the model. It’s like you think they’re not aspiring to become popular to the point that their model is profitable or something, or that they’re doing it for the good of the community at the expense of their own lives. No, they’re doing it because in part they likely get personal satisfaction out of making the productions, and also because they hope it becomes popular enough to the point where they can obtain sponsorship and profit from the productions.

Competition would introduce the threat of losing something, in this case viewers. That would motivate SotG to put in a bit more effort in caring about what people actually want to see.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

@ OP. Because no one wants to do a SotG for WvW, like styx already explained multiple times here. If you are so keen on it why don’t you volunteer your time for the project? Devon Carver has been (not so much now) active on the forums so maybe you can get him to come on there.

Also, lol. How many posts will it take for this guy ^ to understand the meaning of “volunteer”? Bets can be mailed to me in-game.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

Also, lol. How many posts will it take for this guy ^ to understand the meaning of “volunteer”? Bets can be mailed to me in-game.

deathTouch.9706:

Current profitability of the model does not equate to potential future profitability of the model. It’s like you think they’re not aspiring to become popular to the point that their model is profitable or something, or that they’re doing it for the good of the community at the expense of their own lives. No, they’re doing it because in part they likely get personal satisfaction out of making the productions, and also because they hope it becomes popular enough to the point where they can obtain sponsorship and profit from the productions.

A sad reminder of the shortcomings of No Child Left Behind.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

deathTouch.9706:

If you think SotG can ever be profitable you are sadly mistaken. I also find it laughable that you think Arena Net would partake in these things if the creators made loads of money from it.

Lol’d.

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706:

If you think SotG can ever be profitable you are sadly mistaken. I also find it laughable that you think Arena Net would partake in these things if the creators made loads of money from it.

Lol’d.

1) Your opinion on whether it is potentially profitable or not is irrelevant. What does matter are the intentions of the publishers of the show and potential investors. If people are offered money to do something that they would otherwise be doing for free, they choose money.

2) Of course Anet would still participate. The medium that they are using to discuss their game with customers doesn’t change whether said medium is making a profit or not. I implore you to give one good reason why Anet would drop participation from SotG if they made the exact same shows they do now, except that their productions were sponsored by a company.

What SotG wants is free labor instead of taking the time to do research in figuring out what issues are important for wvw and pve. That’s fine, but I also hope they’re ok with sacrificing that potential viewer base.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

1) Your opinion on whether it is potentially profitable or not is irrelevant. What does matter are the intentions of the publishers of the show and potential investors. If people are offered money to do something that they would otherwise be doing for free, they choose money.

Ironic, since your opinion on what it could be is irrelevant to what it is.

What it is, is volunteers working together with Anet to give a fan-service for sPvP players. What you think they could or should do is your opinion, and I see no need for them to change their target audience nor their content just because you think they should

Don’t like their content? Do it better yourself.
Don’t like their topic? Do it better yourself.
Don’t want to do it yourself? Pipe the kitten down

Your assumptions on the motives and/or intentions driving the volunteers and/or Anet for doing this is just that – assumptions.

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

Ironic, since your opinion on what it could be is irrelevant to what it is.

What it is, is volunteers working together with Anet to give a fan-service for sPvP players. What you think they could or should do is your opinion, and I see no need for them to change their target audience nor their content just because you think they should

Don’t like their content? Do it better yourself.
Don’t like their topic? Do it better yourself.
Don’t want to do it yourself? Pipe the kitten down

Your assumptions on the motives and/or intentions driving the volunteers and/or Anet for doing this is just that – assumptions.

The alternative is to not watch the show. If enough people say they want pve/wvw content then maybe they’ll (those actually in charge of production-level decisions) take matters into their own hands and do it rather than try and find some people with too much time on their hands to do the work for them.

You’re acting like you need some sort of pve/wvw guru to figure out whats currently important to players in the game when a 1 hour search in general discussion/wvw threads would suffice. This isn’t exactly conceptually difficult work.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

styx.7294

You’re acting like you need some sort of pve/wvw guru to figure out whats currently important to players in the game when a 1 hour search in general discussion/wvw threads would suffice. This isn’t exactly conceptually difficult work.

You can’t be serious. That’s like learnin to play a class by reading the class forums.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

You can’t be serious. That’s like learnin to play a class by reading the class forums.

Because understanding that 800 post threads might be important issues in the community takes a lot of brainpower and skill.

Players are unsatisfied with matchmaking for wvw. I could easily come up with 10+ questions in about 5 minutes related to that.

The work might be conceptually difficult for you to wrap your head around, but for any normal person it is not.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

Gab Superstar.4059

Because understanding that 800 post threads might be important issues in the community takes a lot of brainpower and skill.

Players are unsatisfied with matchmaking for wvw. I could easily come up with 10+ questions in about 5 minutes related to that.

The work might be conceptually difficult for you to wrap your head around, but for any normal person it is not.

And what exactly makes you think you will get a whole new array of answers to these questions just because you are asking them in a video instead of a forum thread?

Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

deathTouch.9706

And what exactly makes you think you will get a whole new array of answers to these questions just because you are asking them in a video instead of a forum thread?

Because you ask them exactly which questions to which you want answers, rather than allowing them to choose which questions they want to answer and which they want to ignore. You can press for more details. You can follow-up directly with new issues that they bring up.

The agenda is set by the community and by the hosts, rather than by the devs.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I would gladly ask them questions myself but I won’t. If you’ve ever heard of TheAngryJoeShow on youtube, well, I am like him but only 10x worse/intense. He is willing to tone himself down for the sake of the interview even though bulls*** are thrown at him, I won’t. I will heat up and start calling bulls*** for what it is. This is exactly why I don’t bother. The host’s job is to be up to date with everything about the game. It is why it’s called SotG, not just SPvP. Having just SPvP players on the interview doesn’t mean the conversion need to focus just on SPvP and the one person who should realize that is the host. I wouldn’t be making this thread if the conversation of every single SotG weren’t exactly the same and the only difference is they’re on different dates.

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

I dont think the issue here is if there is a player willing to host such a dialogue. I would be more than willing to sit down and have a civilized conversation about wvw with the developers. That is if they were willing to do such a thing.

The issue isnt about player commitment, it is about whether the devs would even allow for such communication with regards to a wvw discussion.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

Personally I feel if we put a WvWer onto SotG it would just become a ANET bashing of questions they could not answer. Since they have no clue. I personally stopped watching SotG not because it was sPvP related; but rather (my personal opinion) the ANET people seemed to have no knowledge of what they were talking about.

I feel like the inerview would go like this:
WvWer: Lets talk about the stealth mechanic.
A-Net: Lets not and say we did.
WvWer: The perma stealth thief is extremely annoying and seems like its the only viable thief build out there at the moment (ran into 20 permas today out of 26 thieves).
A-Net: ruffles papers Well… umm… you see… ruffles paper We know the build has issues and we are working on it.
WvWer: cricket
A-Net: ruffles papers
WvWer: Okkkkkk then. So about these uneven match up. The random rating system is suppose to fix itself. But when a lower rating server does somewhat decent against a higher rated one. The lower server gains rating while the higher one loses rating. Even if the match was a blowout. Why?
A-Net: blank stare
WvWer: Excuse me?
A-Net: Scans paper ruffles papers The rating system will work itself out.

Im also assuming this will come off as an attack on A-Net and I will get this post deleted and an infraction. Even though I was simply stating my honest opinion of how the SotG looks to me.

And now a gif to keep you all entertained.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

in WvW

styx.7294

Personally I feel if we put a WvWer onto SotG it would just become a ANET bashing of questions they could not answer. Since they have no clue. I personally stopped watching SotG not because it was sPvP related; but rather (my personal opinion) the ANET people seemed to have no knowledge of what they were talking about.

I feel like the inerview would go like this:
WvWer: Lets talk about the stealth mechanic.
A-Net: Lets not and say we did.
WvWer: The perma stealth thief is extremely annoying and seems like its the only viable thief build out there at the moment (ran into 20 permas today out of 26 thieves).
A-Net: ruffles papers Well… umm… you see… ruffles paper We know the build has issues and we are working on it.
WvWer: cricket
A-Net: ruffles papers
WvWer: Okkkkkk then. So about these uneven match up. The random rating system is suppose to fix itself. But when a lower rating server does somewhat decent against a higher rated one. The lower server gains rating while the higher one loses rating. Even if the match was a blowout. Why?
A-Net: blank stare
WvWer: Excuse me?
A-Net: Scans paper ruffles papers The rating system will work itself out.

Im also assuming this will come off as an attack on A-Net and I will get this post deleted and an infraction. Even though I was simply stating my honest opinion of how the SotG looks to me.

And now a gif to keep you all entertained.

Let me try!

The word blowout is a relative term. What matters is the score difference and the rating difference. I think the pseudo random match is good. Ehmry Bay has gone up 4 ranks, look at how well Darkhaven is doing against Borlis Pass. The previous rankings were clearly inaccurate.

As for thief build variety, you haven’t seen these videos? http://www.youtube.com/user/battleaxemultimedia/videos

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

As for thief build variety, you haven’t seen these videos? http://www.youtube.com/user/battleaxemultimedia/videos

P/P… You are kidding me right? Long channel high (easy to dodge/mitigate), ini cost, unload is power based while the auto is a condition damage attack… seriously retal kills this without even attacking… P/P is just simply horrid.

The guy is fighting people on the 23rd ranked NA WvW server… out of 24…

…and it’s still just roaming

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

styx.7294

P/P… You are kidding me right? Long channel high (easy to dodge/mitigate), ini cost, unload is power based while the auto is a condition damage attack… seriously retal kills this without even attacking… P/P is just simply horrid.

The guy is fighting people on the 23rd ranked NA WvW server… out of 24…

…and it’s still just roaming

I’d say what build any one person runs matters more in a roaming situation than in a zergy situation.

And what we do in WvW is still WvW even in the lower tiers. There’s thousands of us here. Get over it.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I’ve watched all of your previous “interview” with the developers of GW2. Firstly, you and your guests are terrible at asking questions addressing problems within the game. State of the Game usually meant the whole game but all I’ve ever notice from all of the interviews were SPvP related.

I stopped reading right here and just started laughing. The host of the show has stated in other podcasts that he rarely if ever steps outside of the mists, I honestly wouldn’t want him to ask about topics he isn’t familiar with like wvw. What is next, you want SotG to ask devs PVE questions about how current dungeon meta only wants guardians, warriors and mesmers?

That being said, I would love a wvw version of SotG but someone needs to step up.