Dev livestream: Ready Up: Jan 31 @ 2PM - EotM

in WvW

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Citizens,

The fourth episode of Ready Up will be airing on Friday, January 31st, at 2PM PST. WvW Game Designer Tyler Bearce will be joining me to talk about Edge of the Mists and a few other WvW changes coming in with the next update.

The stream will be live at www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

If you have any burning questions about EotM that you’d like to ask, feel free to respond below.

Thanks!

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

First!

15/char

-on topic-

Any news on account bound wxp? Yeeees?

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Ohh WvW actually taking a spot on an Live Stream. Woo.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

I am more interested in “a few other WvW changes” than EOTM.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

Thx for being honest in that thread you closed a lil while ago (3 likes/dislikes).

If you can comment while streaming on the general direction WvW will be heading in the near future would be great. What you are currently working towards and what we can expect “soon”, such stuff.

Would be much appreciated.

#VoTF4Life

in WvW

Posted by: CyanideRain.3420

CyanideRain.3420

I think that what a lot of people want to hear about – more than just EotM – is what one of the above replies said – we just wanna hear about what’s going on in WvW. Future development, what’s being worked on ideas that are being thrown around, stuff like that. Just a comprehensive rundown of what’s going in inside or ArenaNet interms of WvW.

I know Lil B!

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Can you explain what other WvW changes so we can maybe give you some good questions?

Like account bound WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Can you explain what other WvW changes so we can maybe give you some good questions?

Like account bound WXP?

thats the purpose of the livestream >.>

i fully expect they will have something already prepped for us, maybe 30-60 mins worth of content. well comment on it over the next week in 10-50 threads. the devs will read some/most of that whining, might change a thing or two if some overwhelming majority hates, and will probably comment in 2-5 threads. then well forget the livestream. 1.5 weeks afterwards well be back to the same old drivel of wondering why anet doesnt say anything ever, suggesting 479582842 changes (3 of which make actual sense), and getting threads locked for being matchup threads.

its really nice that josh is announcing the livestream for us

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Seriously we really need account bound WXP, specially when EOTM is continent-wide

/pray they announce account bound WXP for next update

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well I am looking forward to EOTM…

All I want to know about is account bound WXP…like when?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I just dont see many of us ever entering EOTM. Unless servers start stacking just for the chance to get in.

in WvW

Hule.8794

Ross it depends on what server you are playing. I am on RoF and mostly we dont have queue. That is why I wont go to EOTM because we will need all manpower we have to win matchup. And I care about our matchup and our server. That is called server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

EOTM being new will obviously have everybody playing it next week and for some time because its NEW.

Longer term EOTM is good because:-

1) No more queues. Awesome for Asia/China when GW2 releases, they will never know queues in WvW. Also, awesome if there’s ever a season 2 of WvW. Its just good that you can always play WvW even at primetime when all maps are full.

2) Sometimes nothing much is happening on the main 4 maps, especially on servers with low WvW populations. So no point playing WvW. But with EOTM because it groups multiple servers together, you will always have a map full of allies and enemies. So non-stop excitement.

in WvW

Posted by: Jns.1059

Jns.1059

Season 2 soon? Gonna play EotM till it.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Ok, here’s a question that has been asked many times, and still not answered.

Why are you bringing more Living Story to WvW, when players clearly don’t want it?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Hule.8794

TIggy I probably understand why LS will be in first 2 weeks in EOTM. They need to somehow build-in EOTM into lore.
Introducing it as a possible attack place during LS and that it will stay ingame is really good call.
But those probes in WvW maps? Yeah, same question as you.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Will EotM fix bugged professions? like DS uitility lockout, mesmer phantasms etc.?

Other then that.. Are there any secret things hidden in the mists?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Seed.5467

Seed.5467

There are 3 things i like to ask :

• Will Anet introducing Account Wide WXP with the EOTM Map ?
  • A small explanation of how people can enter the map. The reason behind is that many players are having fear that they will not be able to join the map. Especially those people from low-populated servers.
  • What 2014 has in store for WvW ?

Regards

Seed

in WvW

Hule.8794

Seed at least one question I can answer.
You can choose EOTM from wvw drop-down menu. maybe they will introduce a new portal somewhere in the world. Maybe in LA.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Will you introduce account bound wxp ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Will there be any update on commander system also? I guess not, but it’s worth to ask…

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Hule.8794

/speculation
Maybe because of introducing Region-wide map there will be some overhaul of comamnder system. Come on, you know your commanders probably. But commanders from other server?

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I guess this has been asked many times but stressing it is a good call

Will you be implementing Account Wide WXP alongside the release of EoTM next week?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

you can join to eotm from the menu. same like obsi sanctrum.
the only myst content what i miss is the hall of the heroes!

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I would like to know what personal and server-related rewards are given at the end of a round on EOTM? How long are the rounds? How high will be the mean “salary” per hour compared to traditional WvW and PvE? Could it be more profitable for players from low population servers to play on EOTM than traditional WvW?

Will we see some improvements related with the commander system?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Josh

Just wanted you to know that you are doing an awesome job !

*May I ask one question, can i get your autograph sent to my house in singapore"

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Im hoping this may get the ball rolling for season 2

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

Im hoping this may get the ball rolling for season 2

It was my understanding that there would not be a season 2 until at least March when the Scarlet stuff wrapped up. I could be wrong though, wish I could remember the thread I saw that on.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Shaduy.5629

Shaduy.5629

Is there finally a way to effectively report people who are just trolling around to kitten other people off (eg wasting supplies by building huge amounts of siege or disturbing GvGs )

and

Is there still only a “Report Player” option when I am not in line of sight and trying to invite a player / join a group / whisper etc. .when right klicking on his name in chat/friendlist/guild member list

in WvW

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Account Wide WXP will not be in the next patch

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in WvW

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Will we finally get acc bound wxp?
Are we able to reconfigure our wvw traits with the update?
(messd some up a lot when i started wvwing)
When will wvw season two hit?
Will the commander tag become acc bound one day?

Will you reply to my questions?

looking forward to see your stream!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

(edited by Bart Weird.9671)

in WvW

Posted by: KarlusDavius.1024

KarlusDavius.1024

Will there be cookies? If not, all is vein.

(+1 to account bound wxp)

Cmdr. Kiro Heimdahl
Warrior
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Basically, the only reason EoTM is actually getting dealt with and put in the game is because the LS teams hijacked it for their own purposes. otherwise it would be on the long list of ‘might change soon’ which is Anet’s way of saying ‘when the one part time intern who works on wvw gets around to it’. Account bound wexp was announced how long ago? Been asked for since the day they introduced wexp…and still no close to getting it.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

While account-bound World XP was originally intended to go live along with EotM, the highly anticipated change will not be making it into next week’s release. Carver said that ArenaNet is still working out some kinks with it and that the WvW team will have more information for players soon.

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/01/30/guild-wars-2-edge-of-the-mists-qanda-with-devon-carver/

On the bright side, the queue system appears to have been fixed and displays your position in queue.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/473/feature/8176/Guild-Wars-2-How-Edge-of-the-Mists-Adds-Flavor-and-Choice-to-WvW.html

Emu [VLK]

(edited by lept.4692)

in WvW

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I just dont see many of us ever entering EOTM. Unless servers start stacking just for the chance to get in.

You can enter at any time, you don’t need to be queued for other maps.

Don’t think of it as the overflow map, think of it as the map that can have overflows.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

in WvW

Posted by: ViRuE.3612

ViRuE.3612

“While account-bound World XP was originally intended to go live along with EotM, the highly anticipated change will not be making it into next week’s release.”

Typical. But at least there is one less question Josh doesn’t need to answer.

(edited by ViRuE.3612)

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Will all servers be sharing the same EoTMs?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Will all servers be sharing the same EoTMs?

- All servers from the same region will share the same EOTMs … NA will be on one set and EU on another set.

- Your team in EOTM will be based up the color your server has in the regular WvW maps … if your server is red in EB you will be on the red team in EOTM along with red players from other servers, etc.

- When one EOTM map gets full another EOTM map will open up.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

Will I ever stop getting “stuck” on a ram build site after it’s finished being built?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I don’t think that is true. Done correctly, it will be a roamer heaven, and allow the regular WvW maps to continue to be zerg focused.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

You still seem to be thinking it’s an overflow map … it isn’t.

The greater question is whether or not it will be interesting enough for many of us to want to stay in it. Personally, my play style involves a lot of dodging and movement so I’m expecting to quickly get fed up with falling to my death. It’s like ANet decided that we needed a return to jumping puzzle mechanics in WvW. I’m not sure what’s so wrong about just being able to fight.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Nabrok.9023

You still seem to be thinking it’s an overflow map … it isn’t.

The greater question is whether or not it will be interesting enough for many of us to want to stay in it. Personally, my play style involves a lot of dodging and movement so I’m expecting to quickly get fed up with falling to my death. It’s like ANet decided that we needed a return to jumping puzzle mechanics in WvW. I’m not sure what’s so wrong about just being able to fight.

Lots of people seem to think this map consists solely of tiny little islands. While there are a few of those, this map is a lot bigger than people seem to be expecting and most of the fights are going to take place where there’s a lot of room.

Here’s an album of about 100 screenshots I took during one of the early betas … http://imgur.com/a/zQpJP Hopefully from that you can see there’s lot of areas with plenty of space.

All classes

(edited by Nabrok.9023)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I don’t think that is true. Done correctly, it will be a roamer heaven, and allow the regular WvW maps to continue to be zerg focused.

Unless scarlet wants to compensate WvW players, and terraform WvW entirely to a better map.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

1) No more queues. Awesome for Asia/China when GW2 releases, they will never know queues in WvW. Also, awesome if there’s ever a season 2 of WvW. Its just good that you can always play WvW even at primetime when all maps are full.

This is misleading, queues will still exist for the other WvW maps, EOTM will be for kitten ing because nothing you do there matters.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Libertine Lush.1320

Libertine Lush.1320

A few questions:
1) Could you discuss what issues of criticism Edge of the Mists’ design is meant to address? For example, it looks like EoTM might be more conducive to skillful, small/medium sized battles, a counter to the predominant mode of play in WvW at the moment: blobbing/zerging.
2) I’m delighted to hear that the NPCs will scale, but to what extent will the NPCs scale in difficulty according to the amount of players attacking it? (Will it take 20 players as much time to kill an NPC as it takes 2?)
3) Is the player cap for EoTM more or less than the existing WvW maps?

Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Ozoug.4158

Ozoug.4158

“- Your team in EOTM will be based up the color your server has in the regular WvW maps … if your server is red in EB you will be on the red team in EOTM along with red players from other servers, etc.”

-Is this the right way to do this? Wont this stack the teams? Grouping all the winners together?

GW2: A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Yzoug.
DaoC: R11 Skald

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

so,we beg you for new wvw map,but at the end we receive a new pve map,thx a lot

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

“- Your team in EOTM will be based up the color your server has in the regular WvW maps … if your server is red in EB you will be on the red team in EOTM along with red players from other servers, etc.”

-Is this the right way to do this? Wont this stack the teams? Grouping all the winners together?

I don’t think it would “stack the teams” – it’s not like the first league would be green, second league, blue and last, red.
I think except for a few servers that always win/always lose their MU, many servers change color regularly, so it would balance.
And given it works like overflows, at worst a color will own one overflow – but the rest would be balanced…
Mixing up the teams in other ways would have raised way more preoccupations, linked with adverse server’s players playing on the same map…

Plus, EoTM might have some repercussions on regular WvW and server’s activities. it will more likely have action 24/7, which might take some weight off underpopulated servers at off peak, or give greater advantages to some servers (eg, an off-prime guild might prefer the challenge of playing against others, instead of serial-capping things almost undefended – or underpopulated servers’ players might prefer to play EoTM when outnumbered) so the server’s placement might change.

in WvW

Nabrok.9023

so,we beg you for new wvw map,but at the end we receive a new pve map,thx a lot

This is definitely not a PvE map.

All classes

in WvW

Cactus.2710

That’s actually pretty funny. It implies that you think skill determines who wins in regular WvW. It doesn’t … simple population does, and in EOTM populations will be more or less balanced.

Besides, even if your erroneous presumption was true, the “winner” from a lower tier would still be worse than a loser from a higher tier and things would pretty much equal out across all tiers.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]