Differences between EU vs NA WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

So I’m curious what people who have played both sides of the pond think about this. What do you perceive are the key differences between NA and EU WvW gameplay?

I’ve only been EU side a couple weeks now, and have only faced a handful of EU servers, so this is by no means definitive (ergo me asking others for feedback), but here’s what I see so far, having been on an NA server since beta:

• EU is more guild focused. That means more organized GvGs, etc. Seeing a lot of overall highly skilled players in map as a result.
  • EU tends to have more strategic-thinking players. Less blobs and man-mowering the gates and walls down, although there still are blobs/zergs, and more “oh wow they tried that” moments, at least for what I’ve seen. Could be these are old tactics tho, but new to me. However, having said that, there have been zergs I’ve seen in one matchup on EU that were the biggest I’ve seen in my life — easily 120 players in one big angry red blob, lol. Never saw that many at in one spot at once in NA, even with SoR and BG.
  • NA tends to have the better 24/7 coverage, even in the mid-tiers, comparatively. On EU, there is a noticeable difference in map population for all sides involved once EU prime passes. One 30-ish PST-based guild (6pm PST onward) on any server there would have a massive impact to overall rating/gameplay (EST tends to overlap time a bit with EU prime). The T1 servers in EU have the closest 24/7 coverage, but it’s nothing compared to NA’s coverage.
  • NA servers incorporate militia more, train militia, and invest in them as a core to their server.

Any other differences you’ve noticed?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: BenL.5312

BenL.5312

As noted, the EU servers are more guild oriented and hence it is also more competitive. Often you will also notice that commander tags are not popular and usually reserved for the commander leading the pug force.

This helps to direct the pug forces under 1 commander and allows guilds to roam alone (this is something alot of guilds appreciate)

Blobbing is heavily frowned upon the EU servers while it is often used on the NA servers. Opinions vary of course based on whether you play on NA or EU. NA servers tend to justify it as a tactic and it also causes alot of grief.

There is also a certain amount of respect between guilds. eg when guilds see 2 guilds engaging in open field, they usually do not interfere. On NA, it seems to be a free for all, a mass orgy if you will.

NA offers superior coverage while EU has only 1 prime time. This results in servers with an off peak force having a really huge advantage.

EU guilds also favour open field combat. Many of them would prefer not to siege if there was an option.

The arrow cart problem though common to both EU and NA is more frowned upon on EU servers. There are tiers in EU before the new RNG matchup was added that were skirmish tiers i.e guilds in those tiers avoided arrow carts whenever possible and engaged purely in player v player combat and open field

On NA, it tends to be a hail of arrows mostly and a general preference not to engage in open field if possible.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Jayne.9251

EU guilds also favour open field combat. Many of them would prefer not to siege if there was an option.

lol YES!

I’m a bit of a siege addict. I’m sure they think I’m nuts as I manically build up siege in towers and keeps, lol. Hard habit to let go of …

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

While it’s true that European servers are more organized, good luck trying to convince any NA players on this forum, short of those that have played on European servers, that it’s true.

That being said I personally don’t like European servers because I feel their tactics are (smartly enough) designed to remove as much dependency on player skill as possible, to accommodate a larger amount of people while still running in very organized groups.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

BenL.5312

I don’t really agree with the part about removing player skill dependency; but of course that is my opinion.

There is immense effort put into crafting builds that work in a team setting especially in the top guilds. Furthermore, as the organized guilds do not run in the 50s to 80s, most are in the 20s to 30s, there is in fact more reliance on player skill and ability to work together. It also takes ALOT more skill to work effectively and move together in a team of 30 vs in a zerg of 60.

In a group of 60 vs a group of 30, 1 man down makes a heck lot more of a difference relative to 1 man downed in a group of 60. The proportion of contribution in a 1/30 vs a 1/60 is more significant and every man counts.

Indeed, it would be fun if there was an opportunity to pit the EU guilds against the NA guilds, but for the moment, it seems unlikely unless a server merger happens.

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I’ve never left my server, although I’ve certainly seen it develop. We’re basically at the point where, during peak hours, guild groups are often the only ones conducting serious operations on enemy borderlands. There was a time when the blue dorito had the most effective force on the map, but now that’s usually only the case after guild groups have split for the night. Night ops are typically just scouting for golem rushes and making sure camps are flipped for upgrades.

There is a fair range in the skill/ability of different guild groups, although VOIP is a basic requirement for most if not all.

Some of the language specific servers do differ in coverage and the prevalence of guild groups, but I think what applies to my server is at least accurate for midtier EU English.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

I have played extensively in both NA and EU. Most of the replies here are right.

NA plays mostly for PPT and rarely for fights.. there are few chances where u get good fights. For example last week match between Sor/TC/SOS. Sor had won the match by the time the weekend was over. So TC being good sports also played only for fights instead oftaking a week off. In Eu, there are always fights and ppt.has little relevance.

Na has a lot of players 24/7 . When we were on desolation. There were many times when I was practically the only person on the map. But Na always has ppl around.

I think NA blobs more. But then I usually face ATM/Merc who are known to run with the whole map when they are online. EU only has VS that blobs to such exent.

The voicecoms are a lot more active in NA . I dunno only if sor is like that or most of.Na
Militia are better in Na. I still get surprised when the commander says – ignore this sentry, then nobody hits it. In eu pugs tend to do what they want.

A lot of forum warriors and drama queens on NA. Most take it too personally and guilds often accuse and insult.other guilds. Very few people tend to respect others.
In EU, guilds respect each other a lot and are often good friend of each other.
A lot less drama in eu and forum warriors very few.

(edited by salluks.6017)

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

only one difference

NA has players with teeth
EU does not..

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: bladie.5084

bladie.5084

I have played extensively in both NA and EU. Most of the replies here are right.

NA plays mostly for PPT and rarely for fights.. there are few chances where u get good fights. For example last week match between Sor/TC/SOS. Sor had won the match by the time the weekend was over. So TC being good sports also played only for fights instead oftaking a week off. In Eu, there are always fights and ppt.has little relevance.

Na has a lot of players 24/7 . When we were on desolation. There were many times when I was practically the only person on the map. But Na always has ppl around.

I think NA blobs more. But then I usually face ATM/Merc who are known to run with the whole map when they are online. EU only has VS that blobs to such exent.

The voicecoms are a lot more active in NA . I dunno only if sor is like that or most of.Na
Militia are better in Na. I still get surprised when the commander says – ignore this sentry, then nobody hits it. In eu pugs tend to do what they want.

A lot of forum warriors and drama queens on NA. Most take it too personally and guilds often accuse and insult.other guilds. Very few people tend to respect others.
In EU, guilds respect each other a lot and are often good friend of each other.
A lot less drama in eu and forum warriors very few.

This is the most accurate description thus far. The others are pretty biased.
—There is something you can clear though. N/A blobs more because they have higher populations. But Whenever EU has the chance to, they’ll definitely blob like crazy as well. Servers comment on Viz blobbing all the time, but as soon as they have the numbers, they do it back.

The skills of guild or player wise are pretty even. You get the great, and the bad (simple as that). Regarding with EU having the best strategies, I disagree there. And here’s why: N/A has more population it’s covered from every country that plays it, even EU. When you have such a large community from different background and that unique diversity, great things are bound to happen. And N/A servers are about that.

What I can’t stand from N/A servers are the ridiculous amount of insecure-egocentric sore losers/winners. On a respectful level from 1-10 (10 being worst) EU’s gotta be prolly… 5.. while N/A is up there in the 7-8 1/2 (and that’s being nice).

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

EU round the clock coverage is rather poor, as a result any server that has decent night/morning cover will roflstomp any other server even if in primetime they get kicked around.
Simple because the whole kitten world is clustered into the NA servers, so they have players from all the timezones. And the EU is clustered into, just the EU.

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Just a few short comments from a Desolation player and PuG commander. Now at summer vacation I play at very different times. I have never been on a completely empty map. At any hour there has been other Desolation players around. But the coverage issues you described exist, they are just a little less severe. We got morning commanders.

Surely we are still outmanned most of time, but it doesn’t stop us from doing stuff. E.g. yesterday primetime (evening time in EU) our TLA guild raid of only 12 people went to Visunah Borderlands and ninja capped their Hills without any notable resistance (using just normal and superior rams). Then we took an upgraded tower wiping twice as big VS group and so on. Our golem rushes against upgraded Garrison failed though as VS had so big blob. Yes, VS still blobs, but they do more open field fights and fight more with courage, not always running back to their keep. DEX from Jade Sea is very courageous and doesn’t run away even when facing twice as big enemy. But overall the two French servers are double teaming Desolation (not surprising). And they still run glass cannons, so that means a lot of loot bags.

After you Iron Triangle guys left Desolation now plays a bit different game. We do a lot of guild co-operation, split team tactics, feint attacks, hit and run to cope against the superior number of enemies. You barely ever see us blob besides 30+ man blobs in EB and even there it is typical to have 20 Deso vs 40 VS and you can guess who wins that match.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: Elwin.2583

Elwin.2583

Whiel i agree woith a lot of this i ask. How u can tel EU uses less voicecom than NA? by comparing 1 NA server and 1 eu server?

Elwini lvl 80 Guardian of Kwisatz Haderach[KH]
Piken Square 28 August 2012 – 10 february 2013
Tarnished Coast since 10 feb 2013

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I still see map chat used an awful lot on the maps I’m in.

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

I still see map chat used an awful lot on the maps I’m in.

We use map chat a lot but a large part of the reason is many are on different voice comms. Different guilds have different ts servers etc

[Dius]

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

i think wut jayne ment was a server based ts mumble or vent

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Pretty much agreeing with what was said before:
EU:

• Better skill/coordination from guilds, usually fighting alone, which allow for some better plays.
  • More focus on guilds than servers.
  • More of a hardcore stance.

NA:

• More militia, 3-4 guilds fighting together for a number advantage. Not much movement, just clashing of forces.
  • More focus on PPT, and server as a whole.
  • More of a casual approach, drunk nights, just having fun, etc.
[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

(edited by Luiz Swordbreaker.6547)

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

EU player who plays on an NA server
9 months solid WvW

EU is overall better WvW play. Tactics are sounder and on average the grade of commander is higher. Guilds voips regularly used, but server wide hosts are less prominent. Shorter primetime base than NA.
Good zerg play using terrain and class orientation to succeed in fights.

NA is more universal, everyone has a place to fit in, pug or not, server wide voips and 90% of WvW guilds will use private voips for their own members. Commanders are generally less refined, except there are more on 24/7 . Less tricks and tactics are used than their EU brothers, most opting for full force face ram into objectives.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

i think wut jayne ment was a server based ts mumble or vent

Actually the opposite. While most guilds in EU seem to work on their own VOIP, the relay of information universally is used via /map and /team … at least the maps I’ve been on. It’s kinda cool, multitasking — in a way the independent guild VOIPs make everyone pay attention to map and team chat because it’s universal. On NA often map or team chat can get missed and subsequently stuff gets lost.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

Posted by: Khally.5103

Khally.5103

This has been a very interesting read, thank you all for your input.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

EU player who plays on an NA server
9 months solid WvW

EU is overall better WvW play. Tactics are sounder and on average the grade of commander is higher. Guilds voips regularly used, but server wide hosts are less prominent. Shorter primetime base than NA.
Good zerg play using terrain and class orientation to succeed in fights.

NA is more universal, everyone has a place to fit in, pug or not, server wide voips and 90% of WvW guilds will use private voips for their own members. Commanders are generally less refined, except there are more on 24/7 . Less tricks and tactics are used than their EU brothers, most opting for full force face ram into objectives.

I do believe you misspelled Golem as Flame Ram there Rob.

I will say i’ve played with some EU players and they seem far more respectful towards other players then most NA players.

I wont repeat many of the things already said, but biggest thing i’ve noticed is as Rob here said, EU tends to be far more Private guild VOIP and NA Tend to try and teach the masses and use a Universal server VOIP. Both have plus and minuses to them ofc.

Last thing before I go, EU is more relaxed and fun in my opinion, NA tends to stress over every little camp.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Thanks for this thread, been wanting to ask the same thing for a while.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Europeans like Stonemist more. And as result of this Borderlands are more often, completely not looked after then in NA.

NA has better coverage, meaning there’s always enough people online to mean something. That isn’t the case on most EU server, around 6-8am.

NA like to improve any minute they can, always think how they can become better. EU is more like ‘we like this, and we keep doing this’.

EU is slightly more hesitent to use Superior Siege.

Na feels more exciting because most matchups (if not crazy screwed by randomization lately) are more balanced.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Last thing before I go, EU is more relaxed and fun in my opinion, NA tends to stress over every little camp.

lololol! This is so true. Now bear in mind I spent 6+ months playing NA, so I have 450 skill in obsessively watching the map, but my second day on EU:

Sunnyhill has swords, so I run over to see what’s happening. There’s a 60-man enemy zerg pounding away, about to set up rams. I call out in map and run inside. Meanwhile the gate is melting. Here’s the convo:

Me: Sunnyhill 60 X enemy zerg. Rams down!

Map commanders: Ok let me know when it gets to 50%, I just want to finish off this tower.

Me: Gate at 50%!

Commander: Ok yell out when it’s at 10%

Me: 10%!!!!! Going fast!

Commander: Ok yell out when it’s at 5%.

Me: It’s going down noooowwww!!

Commander: Ok I suppose we should head that way.

Our zerg arrives just as the enemy pushes into lords, wipes the enemy zerg, and then en-masse heads to the gate, gets it to 100% in under a second, then trots off, like nothing ever happened.

Needless to say, lol, I was gobsmacked. And have since learned to not panic so much.

I’m not sure how it is on other servers, but also noticing that guild groups on EU will repair walls/gates as a group to at least 80% before they head out elsewhere. I saw this a bit on my NA server, but never as consistently as I do with multiple guilds on EU.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Europeans like Stonemist more. And as result of this Borderlands are more often, completely not looked after then in NA.

I guess it really depends on the server, because there was a striking difference between my NA server and my current EU server over this, in quite the opposite fashion. I’ve actually even witnessed guilds arguing with each other over who gets to stay and defend the home BL on EU. But yes, I see a rather compulsive obsession with SM too

Also, for superior siege, not seeing that either. I see more superior siege being used on EU, every day of the week, and not just reset. Again, it could just be a server thing.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

BenL.5312

I think that what Jayne says boils down to the difference in how EU and NA servers approach the game.

For EU guilds, it’s really a game, win, lose, we still respect the opponents. Of course there are forum trolls, that can’t be be helped. But on the NA servers where I played in the past, it’s almost like a 2nd job and people take it too personally. This results in alot of griefing, mudslinging, trash talking and disrespect at other servers and guilds.

The obsession with PPT on NA servers drains away some of the fun to be had. I have to admit in the past, I would be so concerned about how much my server was ticking on NA and would constantly check MOS.

I’ve never regretted moving to EU where the only thing I ever worry about is, is there a CTA today? Are we going to get some good fights esp open field fights? Are we going to meet some challenging guilds?

PPT is almost irrelevant, the game is just about having a good time out there and spending a few enjoyable hours with the guild when I log in.

I think saying that EU doesn’t use as much sup siege as NA is a blanket generalization. Most of the time I see sup sieges used on structures by opponents and my guild uses sup siege exclusively. It’s an assertion that cannot be conclusively proven.

The obsession with SM is another blanket generalization. Depending on servers, there may be rosters deciding who is on EB, Home BL, enemy BL daily.

At least on my server and the servers we have fought, towers are a nice bonus, but not something we obsess over and it’s actually WAAAAY more fun having a fight inside the tower just as the enemy is going to cap it, or vice versa.

in WvW

Posted by: dwahvel.7356

dwahvel.7356

I think that what Jayne says boils down to the difference in how EU and NA servers approach the game.

For EU guilds, it’s really a game, win, lose, we still respect the opponents. Of course there are forum trolls, that can’t be be helped. But on the NA servers where I played in the past, it’s almost like a 2nd job and people take it too personally. This results in alot of griefing, mudslinging, trash talking and disrespect at other servers and guilds.

The obsession with PPT on NA servers drains away some of the fun to be had. I have to admit in the past, I would be so concerned about how much my server was ticking on NA and would constantly check MOS.

I’ve never regretted moving to EU where the only thing I ever worry about is, is there a CTA today? Are we going to get some good fights esp open field fights? Are we going to meet some challenging guilds?

PPT is almost irrelevant, the game is just about having a good time out there and spending a few enjoyable hours with the guild when I log in.

I think saying that EU doesn’t use as much sup siege as NA is a blanket generalization. Most of the time I see sup sieges used on structures by opponents and my guild uses sup siege exclusively. It’s an assertion that cannot be conclusively proven.

The obsession with SM is another blanket generalization. Depending on servers, there may be rosters deciding who is on EB, Home BL, enemy BL daily.

At least on my server and the servers we have fought, towers are a nice bonus, but not something we obsess over and it’s actually WAAAAY more fun having a fight inside the tower just as the enemy is going to cap it, or vice versa.

Not every guild in NA only focus on ppt. In fact on my server (SoR) I would say most of our guilds are out for the fights. To generalize all the servers based on a couple guilds or a server you used to play on is ridiculous imo.

in WvW

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Any other differences you’ve noticed?

No matter what time it is in Germany, their WvWers are awake.

in WvW

BenL.5312

Not every guild in NA only focus on ppt. In fact on my server (SoR) I would say most of our guilds are out for the fights. To generalize all the servers based on a couple guilds or a server you used to play on is ridiculous imo.

Well, perhaps I’ve not worded my post well. I never said ALL guilds were focused on PPT.

I’ve also played on multiple NA servers and against multiple NA servers such, SoS, BG, SoR, DH, DB, IoJ, SBI, CD and that was my general observation. It is an observation made relative to the EU servers that there’s a much greater obsession with PPT across NA servers. Again, I simply said NA servers instead of ALL NA servers. There is nothing to say that it is applicable to EVERY NA server.

If anything, the post requires an opinion/asnwer that is an “average”. There will be some servers that obsess over ppt, some who don’t care. There will be guilds such as those on SoR according to you that enjoy fights and there will be guilds that like to focus on the ppt game.

A close read of the forums on NA server threads will also show a higher prevalence of posts about score updates and ppt as well as posts such as “Oh, X server is ticking at Y ppt, they’re good, or they suck etc”

And lastly, this is my opinion. We are all free to agree that we can disagree.

(edited by BenL.5312)

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I don’t think anyone is confused about European delusions of superiority..
Give us an economics lecture while you’re at it :p

in WvW

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

EU has superiority complex, NA can’t have everything at least give them something.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in WvW

Posted by: Lanimal.6541

Lanimal.6541

The ‘team’ in this game for NA is the server.
The ‘team’ in this game for EU is the guild you are part of.

Thats the main starting point for the rest of the above-mentioned differences.

Theongreyjoy
[VoTF] www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpoon.8197

Sharpoon.8197

I agree with this. Having played in both EU and NA, I prefer EU. NA servers as a whole focus way too much on ppt and stress out over all those things. Winning is everything in NA and that’s why we see guilds/players putting such ridiculous hours into wvw just to win. Playing in EU was the most fun I’ve ever had in this game, but being oceanic I’m forced to be in an NA server in order to have people to fight with/against. If euro servers had more off-peak presence….

Overall I think the wvw environment is a lot more healthy and relaxed in the euro servers. Winning isn’t everything, they aren’t afraid to fight, and having fun is the #1 priority. I think that’s why more than ten NA servers have imploded since launch whereas only like five euro servers have suffered that fate.

The ‘team’ in this game for NA is the server.
The ‘team’ in this game for EU is the guild you are part of.

Thats the main starting point for the rest of the above-mentioned differences.

I completely disagree with this. Even in NA, people are more loyal to their guild than they are to their server. That’s why mass movements between servers happen so often.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I don’t think anyone is meaning to slight/slag anyone in favour of one mode of play over another. I think it’s more just observations people have had about the differences, which is the whole point of this thread. Like most things in life there is no “right” or “wrong” way to play something. It’s more what you get out of it and more what fits your own personal preferences.

in WvW

Posted by: Nauda.3678

Nauda.3678

In my opinion a lot of the stuff said about “NA servers” kinda fits to some/most of the german servers.

(edited by Nauda.3678)

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Lol, here’s an example of the unique approaches I’m seeing in EU. This was set up to take Klovan, with about 20 of us defending inside (took this shot in one of my five suicide runs to try to take down the treb). When the Klovan attempt failed (had a spectacular trebber in Jerrifers), was sentrying when I saw a few stragglers come by .. six only, called it out .. then about a minute later, four alpha golems and one omega magically appeared right at the gate. Did not see them come at all, and I was watching. They were mass invised, and not portalled, to appear at gate and efficiently take it down before help could arrive. Have never seen that before in my life, lol. I think my heart is still pounding over it, haha.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Darkjoy.3092

Darkjoy.3092

I use to tell my coach that I didn’t care about the points . I was there for the dunks and lay ups . We lost a lot

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

But we were having fun, so we didn’t give a kitten .

I should acknowledge on the other side of the coin that because there is such an emphasis on guilds, it is harder for a newer player to get involved in WvW on a server such as mine. There often isn’t any commander running, even during primetime, which means there’s no rallying point for casuals to join in the game.

There’s also tension between guilds and zergs since the zergs shift the focus towards points and capping objectives, making fair fights harder to find. It’s also frustrating to lose most of your objectives when your server’s structure disappears as guilds log off for the night.

Still wouldn’t give up our style though, being able to play and develop with a close group in a varied and unpredictable setting is perhaps the greatest thrill you can find in a MMO, and an experience I hope others find.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Pryda.8257

Pryda.8257

NA is full-zone blob only while EU still has some roaming guilds.

Red Guard [RG]

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Starting to see more and more NA faces in EU maps.

I guess folks are tired of the same stale matches and are looking for new challenges. EU is definately more for the hardcore WvWer though, the differences in strategy alone have renewed my enjoyment of WvW. Will be interesting to watch how this pans out in EU WvW in the coming months as more trickle over to try new stuff. Think it could make for some very exciting play time.

in WvW

Posted by: Saint Scarlet.2906

Saint Scarlet.2906

Not entirely relevant but a little bit maybe. Back in GW1 to access UW/FoW you had to win 5 consecutive matches in HoH, this was region based with EU and NA. The main problem that happened was EU used to hold access 70% of the time due to having better teams/guilds of players. The only times that NA really used to get access them was after 2-3 am EU time because the majority of the EU went to sleep. This caused a lot of NA people to transfer to EU so they had access to the high loot areas(high loot areas not relevant for GW2).
I can see a similar thing happening in GW2 at some point where the better guilds from NA who are just after fights spread themselves across the upper servers of EU, to get rid of queues and fight the better guilds from the EU.

Commander Oracle Of Glint
Executed [EXE]
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: The Emperor Glory.3927

The Emperor Glory.3927

The EU way of playing with separate guild groups and separate Teamspeak servers works for the servers. The US way of playing with all on one TS all on one leader all in one blob generates lag.

EU makes fights, lose get better work harder.
US makes blobs – lose bring more lose bring even more until the whole map is with you.

Glory – [GoW] Glory of War. Piken square loyalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

NA players have bigger…..zergs

~cough~

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

The EU way of playing with separate guild groups and separate Teamspeak servers works for the servers. The US way of playing with all on one TS all on one leader all in one blob generates lag.

US makes blobs – lose bring more lose bring even more until the whole map is with you.

Seem like NA servers are like Vizunah and i like to contest their keep to block the warp.
If my guild ever stop to play at gw2, i would transfer to a NA and roam alone, to block the zerg by myself whenever i’m online xD

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in WvW

Posted by: Rider.6024

Rider.6024

However, having said that, there have been zergs I’ve seen in one matchup on EU that were the biggest I’ve seen in my life — easily 120 players in one big angry red blob, lol. Never saw that many at in one spot at once in NA, even with SoR and BG.

Ya that is a load of bull, even H.O.D., a lower tier sever from N.A., had 100+ man zergs running around during the lsst free transfer weekend. So I have no idea how you “never” saw one from SoR or BG.

in WvW

Posted by: Cerialkilla.3571

Cerialkilla.3571

Seem like NA servers are like Vizunah and i like to contest their keep to block the warp.
If my guild ever stop to play at gw2, i would transfer to a NA and roam alone, to block the zerg by myself whenever i’m online xD

That isn’t a new tactic, even on Na people already tag wp’s to stop travel. Its pretty common so if you want you can bring that over but it won’t be new.

in WvW

Jayne.9251

However, having said that, there have been zergs I’ve seen in one matchup on EU that were the biggest I’ve seen in my life — easily 120 players in one big angry red blob, lol. Never saw that many at in one spot at once in NA, even with SoR and BG.

Ya that is a load of bull, even H.O.D., a lower tier sever from N.A., had 100+ man zergs running around during the lsst free transfer weekend. So I have no idea how you “never” saw one from SoR or BG.

I wasn’t being facetious. I played 14-16 hour days in WvW in NA since November, seven days a week. Have been matched up against SoR/BG/DB … and while they did have sizeable zergs, I had never before seen zergs that large as I did when I first went over to EU and faced Jade Sea. A wall of bodies. It was unbelievable. I have no reason to make this up, lol.

Maybe the lower tiers got a massive influx of players with free transfers … and that’s the norm, day after day, on low tier servers, but in the higher tiers, I had not witnessed comparable numbers all in one spot attacking one objective. And I haven’t really played the lower tiers, so I can only go with what I have faced.

But that was just against Jade Sea. Other servers have more representative sized zergs .. like 80 or so players … it could have been an anomoly with Jade Sea. Haven’t faced Viz yet tho

(edited by Jayne.9251)

in WvW

salluks.6017

NA servers are exactly like VS only not as " competent". cos they depend heavily on time zones, each server has its" strong" timezone and the rest timezones support this main timezone by keep other servers busy or resetting their towers, dont use strategy much, NA seems to think the only way to do anything is MOAR PEOPLE,

they dont have the determination of VS, they give up by Wednesday if things are not going their way and just whine and whine and whine on forums to no end( just look at tier 1 NA thread ).

its too stressful after sometime. however NA servers have far more coverage than VS does and mostly likely will beat VS quite easily since there are so many pl here at all timezones.

in WvW

salluks.6017

I wasn’t being facetious. I played 14-16 hour days in WvW in NA since November, seven days a week. Have been matched up against SoR/BG/DB … and while they did have sizeable zergs, I had never before seen zergs that large as I did when I first went over to EU and faced Jade Sea. A wall of bodies. It was unbelievable. I have no reason to make this up, lol.

Maybe the lower tiers got a massive influx of players with free transfers … and that’s the norm, day after day, on low tier servers, but in the higher tiers, I had not witnessed comparable numbers all in one spot attacking one objective. And I haven’t really played the lower tiers, so I can only go with what I have faced.

But that was just against Jade Sea. Other servers have more representative sized zergs .. like 80 or so players … it could have been an anomoly with Jade Sea. Haven’t faced Viz yet tho

i think ur a NA timezone player?

i have played Vizunah for 7 months straight in EU and they are by far the biggest blob in EU.

If u played on NA, i really think u’ve never seen some guilds such as ATM/MERC play their primetime.

i have never been in a fight with these guys without massive skill lag, i mean never. thats how many people they play with!
with Vizunah, atleast u get to press skill 2 ocassionally, not so much here

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Naw I’d start at about 8am EST and often not log off until about 10-11pm at night on NA play, so I got to see a big swathe of timezone play. And yes, have faced MERC and ATM, so I know they bring numbers. It was just a whole different kind of mass I saw out of Jade Sea, lol.

I honestly think the skill lag has more to do with the kinds of graphics related to spells used and class stacking than sheer numbers, although I’m sure that does play a part. Even facing 120 JS players that time I could still get skills off, but they were mixed class blob — ie: not a million mesmers with the purple shiny stuff, lol.

And nope, haven’t faced Viz yet, but looking forward to it

in WvW

Posted by: LethalxKiller.3571

LethalxKiller.3571

A lot of these posts are conflicting about the whole hardcore thing. The whole NA servers don’t use tactics is bull of course blobbing does affect that some but we still use tactics and map command decide how to get the 2v1 on something how to deal with the 2v1 or something along the lines of main force go to n hills and get the gate down while a second group goes to s hills to cut off reinforcements. Another thing we do a lot is we split forces to make a team choose what they want to keep. (The tactics thing is bs NA uses tactics and so does EU) The only difference is that NA servers blob and EU don’t as much that def doesn’t mean that the NA commanders aren’t as good as EU commanders. The good NA commanders have to deal with the difficulty of blobs which requires a lot of skill and patience. (There are many skilled commanders in NA)Dealing with pugs is one of the most stressful thing of being a NA com and knowing that only half of the group will follow you this way the other half will die and you must expect that and plan for it tactically. NA and EU are all respectful servers that have their advantages and disadvantages saying EU is better than NA in wvw is bull and saying NA is better than EU is also bs. This whole argument is pointless we are the same with only slightly varying play styles. ( Old vizunah player back when there was free transfers -1 month of EU-)

Gun Squad [GS] – FA
Lethal Banner One (Warrior), Lethal Rektt You (Rev), Lethal Loot Bag/Lethal Rekt You (Guard)