Does /cheer actually do anything?

in WvW

Posted by: gatekeeper.9674

gatekeeper.9674

I was playing in EB today and everyone kept saying if you /cheer @ guards, that it will boost their morale and make them stronger? So I ran around all our towers and keeps cheering the guards but I don’t think it was actually working? Does this actually work?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

LOL. That’s a good one! I need to transfer to this uber trolly server right nao.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

I was playing in EB today and everyone kept saying if you /cheer @ guards, that it will boost their morale and make them stronger? So I ran around all our towers and keeps cheering the guards but I don’t think it was actually working? Does this actually work?

Can you run to the merchant in the Black Citadel and get me some striped paint?

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

/slowclap

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Juba.8406

Juba.8406

I don’t think it was actually working?

cos i ran after you and typed /cry , /threaten & /laugh to every guard you cheered.

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Yes, it does work. As you may already know, the level cap for npc’s is actually 82. Veteran Guards and Scouts have an internal statistic called “Morale”. This can be boosted by ordering an upgrade in the camp or keep of the npc, or it can be manually boosted by /cheering at the npc in question. By boosting their morale, you can raise their level from 80 to 82.

Note that the Morale isn’t permanently boosted after /cheering, and requires refreshing every hour (much like siege). As a result, I know some T1 servers have created specific /cheering squads, usually led by an upper-middle class teenage Caucasian female, that go around and /cheer the npc’s every hour. It’s a thankless job, but crucial to your server’s WvW effort.

Second Child

(edited by mango.9267)

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

So THAT’S why me cheering at them on my burly male Charr Warrior had no effect! Even when he took his breastplate off!

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Wait what? /cheer

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Oh my gosh, I’ve been doing it wrong all this time! I just heard that /cheer only works if one of your character’s legs is longer than the other.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

As a result, I know some T1 servers have created specific /cheering squads, usually led by an upper-middle class teenage Caucasian female, that go around and /cheer the npc’s every hour. It’s a thankless job, but crucial to your server’s WvW effort.

Please note that after the Feature Pack on 9/9, /cheer will be replaced by /dance. The ‘cheer’ squad will now have to purchase an un-announced trick called ‘The Pole’ which must be planted in front of the guard prior to the emote being invoked.

The invocation of the /dance emote in the area of effect of the the ‘pole’ (400 units radius) will transform anyone in the area of influence into the starting level female Elementalist from Guild Wars 1

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

xD
Good one !!!
xDDDD

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

You can buy some for your guild here…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAINBOW-FACE-PAINT-PAINTING-GAY-PRIDE-FLAG-MULTI-COLOURS-/261523377830?pt=UK_Flags&hash=item3ce4020ea6

I am sure you meant to ask for tartan paint…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tartan-Paint-Tin-1l-Royal-Stewart-/111202776585?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item19e433b609

However, we all know that the only way to boost the performance of npc guards in towers, camps, etc. is to change their armor from light to heavy… it is all a matter of the weight of their armor… so next time you need to talk to Champion Commander Siegerazer for a long weight which you can then use to boost the armor of your npcs.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Yes /cheer does something.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

Not sure if troll, or from Tarnished Coast..

Tarnished Coast WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

You can buy some for your guild here…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAINBOW-FACE-PAINT-PAINTING-GAY-PRIDE-FLAG-MULTI-COLOURS-/261523377830?pt=UK_Flags&hash=item3ce4020ea6

I am sure you meant to ask for tartan paint…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tartan-Paint-Tin-1l-Royal-Stewart-/111202776585?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item19e433b609

However, we all know that the only way to boost the performance of npc guards in towers, camps, etc. is to change their armor from light to heavy… it is all a matter of the weight of their armor… so next time you need to talk to Champion Commander Siegerazer for a long weight which you can then use to boost the armor of your npcs.

Please fetch me some gridpoints from the quartermaster, and bring back the 100 kg bag of puffed wheat for the cafeteria, would you?

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Aww come on you guys, be nice. The OP is obviously new. XD

…Although that is a funny troll prank. I’m gonna use that myself one of these days…

in WvW

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

Could you run to the store and pick up some headlight fluid for me?

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

in WvW

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Headlight fluid? All I’ve got is this flag…

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

My car horn isn’t working, can you get me a can of Beep from the auto parts store?

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Cruel cruel people…

Take the car to the service station to replace the winter air in the tires for summer air…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

This is what I always tell people during seasons: jump on a fallen enemy 20x before he WPs will get you 5 AP after you complete 5 tiers.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Yes. On Deso we have /cheer groups. The leaders of this veteran players are the cheerleaders

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

I …wait…what?

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

The primary purpose of /cheer is to make female Asurans be even more cute.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

OP, which server are you from?

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

in WvW

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Before release there was actually talk of introducing a tag, like the commander tag, but for the people running the /cheer-squads. It was to be called the cheermander. Like salamander. But cheermander. Oh yes.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]