Dont Foget the League coming in 2 weeks.

in WvW

Posted by: Maurck.2379

Maurck.2379

Its pretty clear and obvious that Anet doesnt take suggestions for changes ahead of time. There were many posts before this past wvw patch saying this is a bad idea, and it will make the strong stronger. Nothing happened – the patch came through on time just as it was designed. Now, after the fact there are hundreds of posts maybe thousands now about this same issue.
We need not to forget in 2 weeks the leagues are starting and this will cause even more issues. We have had tons of posts asking to seperate NA into 4 leagues and not 2. After it goes live we will not be able to stop it for 7 weeks. We cannot forget to remind Anet to make this change ontop of changing the new wvw buff. I fear these drastic (not asked for) changes to wvw will kill it- for good.
Devon said in a post a few days ago that they will “see how it goes” and maybe change it in 7wks. Take a lesson from this week’s patch, your player base knows and understands the game almost as much as the dev. do and we can see the cause and effect of changes that you cannot see as developers.

Please support…

Commander Nayrmack (TE) [SBI]

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

We’re the minority though…. The majority of people in WvW, the major numbers are…

Using it to go back to Lion’s Arch

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Buff needs to be removed before the league starts. Imagine the top league in NA – tier 1/2 servers fighting T4/5 servers with this buff available. This will throw balance out the window even more…

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Wow Mods are getting a bit to strict imo, there was zero need to delete my post.

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Honestly.. I could care less about the whole league BS…. I am not interested in WvW becoming some tournament silliness. I dont like any of the current or future changes they have laid out for WvW atm. I wanted New Battlegrounds terrain, not rehashed old ones with Spvp capture points put in them. That is I want geographical challenges (heavy woods, cliffs, water (yeah. I will miss the water fights), and not silly discs on the ground to stand in. <sighs> I may just go back to DAOC for my open world pvp fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It will simply be the nail in the coffin for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

The two months of League time is also an eternity in game years.

You think people are going to wait around two months for the degraded Bloodlust League play to be corrected?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This is very true. A bigger negative is that when players go on hiatus from a significant game change they frequently don’t come back.

Their time window for this experiment is running WAY too long. I hope it is great and we get 7 weeks of fun, but I fear the gopher is going to see his shadow and we will be stuck with 7 weeks of “why did they do that?”

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

This is very true. A bigger negative is that when players go on hiatus from a significant game change they frequently don’t come back.

Their time window for this experiment is running WAY too long. I hope it is great and we get 7 weeks of fun, but I fear the gopher is going to see his shadow and we will be stuck with 7 weeks of “why did they do that?”

I haven’t log’d in to WvW since the leaked notes.

Sinking ship.

The Dev’s have made it perfectly clear we’re playing their game and they could care less what the WvW Community has to say about it.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

The buff/stomp ppt seems to have created an interesting meta shift in T1…. But pretty much just T1 for what I can tell. In pacman match ups the buff just further reinforces the imbalance, and has the added effect of making even small skirmishes more one sided (which was really the only thing you could look forward to on weeks you were getting stomped). If I had any reason to believe the league system would make for more even match ups it might be ok, but it seems exactly the opposite. The imbalances will be worse, and we’ll be stuck with that and the buff for the entire season.

It ruffles my feathers a little that the introduced this huge change, and then are “locking it in” after only two weeks. Two weeks is enough time to tell if things are (or aren’t) as bad as they seem – but then there’s no time to fix anything significant. I can only hope this plays out very differently than I expect, because we are living with these changes for the next few months regardless of feedback.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in WvW

Posted by: Maurck.2379

Maurck.2379

[Thrumdi.9216: The two months of League time is also an eternity in game years.]

It is a very long time. Here is a list of other games that are coming out durring their “testing period”:

Destiny 2014
The Division Q4 2014
Elite: Dangerous 2014
WildStar Q2 2014
Albion Online Q2 2014
Neo’s Land Q2 2014
Taikodom 2013
End of Nations 2013
Line of Defense 2013
Arcane Saga 2013
Salem 2013
Transformers Universe 2013
World of Warships 2013
Otherland 2013
Origins Of Malu 2013
The Missing Ink SOON
The Repopulation Q4 2013
SmashMuck Champions 2013
Phantasy Star Online 2 2013
Elder Scrolls Online 2013
Core Blaze 2013
Cartoon Universe 2013
City of Steam 2013
Wind of Luck 2013
Eldevin 2013
Theralon 2013
The Aurora World 2013
URDEAD Online 2013
Everlight 2013
Yitien 2013
Black Desert 2013
EverQuest Next 2013
Hex 2013
Brain Storm 2013
Storybricks 41638
WorldAlpha Q3 2013
Visions of Zosimos Q3 2013
SideQuest Q3 2013
Topia Online Q3 2013
Kingdom Under Fire II SOON
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm.. SOON
Ultima Forever: Quest for .. SOON
Prime World SOON

While Anet is using the live game as a beta test, they have lots of competition coming into the market. I dont know what is going to stop people from trying something new. It might be better to try something new and strange – then deal with an endgame that is currently being broken.

Commander Nayrmack (TE) [SBI]

in WvW

Posted by: kailin.4905

kailin.4905

I like the idea of a tourney but in the current state I don’t think its going to work out. I mean really there is almost never upsets in wvw. In my tier Blackgate and SoR basically just trade off weeks of winning for the most part now that JQ lost a bunch of there guilds. Speaking to friends on other servers there matchups are about the same. I don’t see the final results of the tournament being any different from the current wvw standings so why even bother? And now withthe new orb buff the servers who are outmatched and outmanned are held down even more.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

At minimum, it will be entertaining to see anet try to justify their massive incoming failure. Waiting for rank 1-3 vs rank 7-12. Can’t wait to see what kind of PR post they make to explain why those matches are actually fair and competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

I still haven’t heard the reward system for this league. If it’s equivalent to the present rewards of basically a virtual gold medal pat on the head and percentage buff in resource gathering, etc. who really cares?? Most of the avid GvG guilds of present and past like Sacrx and Red Guard aren’t really gonna give a hoot if they finish first or last in these leagues as they are gonna be looking primarily for good battles.

in WvW

Posted by: KOK.2650

KOK.2650

We’re the minority though…. The majority of people in WvW, the major numbers are…

Using it to go back to Lion’s Arch

and a fast way to crafting table without leaving their PvE map

Come on : let me honest :P

Kok -lvl 80 warrior Tsukoyu-lvl 80 elementalist
Ayumu-lvl 80 Necromancer
Tsu-lvl 80 thief

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

just noticed that the league starting is going to line up perfectly with the release of bf4, devs do what you want, ruin wvw, I got a new cool friend next door that has a bunch of shiny new toys.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

At minimum, it will be entertaining to see anet try to justify their massive incoming failure. Waiting for rank 1-3 vs rank 7-12. Can’t wait to see what kind of PR post they make to explain why those matches are actually fair and competitive.

i’m actually looking forward to this as well, got my popcorn ready for the show.

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

just noticed that the league starting is going to line up perfectly with the release of bf4, devs do what you want, ruin wvw, I got a new cool friend next door that has a bunch of shiny new toys.

many players are just waiting for new alternatives to appear on the market and then will leave. This happens all the time, nothing new; however, it happens more often and quickly if after 13 months the main reason to play GW2 (i.e. WvW) is still “under construction”.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I still haven’t heard the reward system for this league. If it’s equivalent to the present rewards of basically a virtual gold medal pat on the head and percentage buff in resource gathering, etc. who really cares?? Most of the avid GvG guilds of present and past like Sacrx and Red Guard aren’t really gonna give a hoot if they finish first or last in these leagues as they are gonna be looking primarily for good battles.

Yeah… but good battles are rarer now with the bloodlust buff. Do you really feel good winning when you know you had an undeserved +150 stat advantage over your opponent(s)?

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

They will probably try the bloodlust at least for the first season.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

No no you people have it all wrong, when your realize WvW is no longer anything but a roflstomp, surely you will go to SPvP, Devon assured me thats where all the fun happens … who knew!

in WvW

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

This certainly fits in with their view point of WvW as some sort of super casual game mode. Its a shame I really liked GW2, but I’m in the waiting for the next thing down the line boat and ready to set sail.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ