EOTM, don't go if you don't like it

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Why do people go here if they know how people operate in this zone? Why do people insist on having it “fixed” when nothing is broken? I understand that Edge Of The Mists is a WvW map, and that people would like to treat it as less of a karma train, but it still doesn’t give anyone the right to tell those that are there what they’re doing is wrong.
It’s like major league baseball versus playing baseball with a few friends. If you want to take the latter more seriously by keeping score you can certainly do it, but it’s not going to make those points mean anything no matter how hard you try. So until ANet decides to make EOTM count as a quote un-quote “real” WvW map, the points don’t matter and the people there are having fun doing what they’re doing. They’re not hurting anyone so why are you insisting that they are?
For the record, I don’t go to EOTM, or very rarely, because I would prefer to be in a zone where people defend structures and act as a more coordinated group. Since that doesn’t happen in EOTM, I don’t go there. Logic :O, look at that!

My point is, why subject yourself to something that bothers you so much?

/rant

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Or go and play how you want…. Defenders don’t tell ktrainers how to play and ktrainers don’t tell defenders how to play.

I expect a nerf tbh. Chat there Is often as bad at the old queens dale. It doesn’t bother me personally – block works great….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

They’re not hurting anyone so why are you insisting that they are?
/rant

But they are hurting someone. They’re hurting WvW. And hurting the economy with the inflated rewards there.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

Inflated rewards? if you hoard your badges and don’t spend them then it might seem like a lot, but if you do spend them on siege, toys and traps to help the cause then you’ll notice you can burn through them pretty fast.

and I haven’t seen greens and blues drop in price for months (to realistic levels) so that can’t be inflated, maybe im just not getting good drops heh.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This is a WvW forum. EotM is a PvE map and the topic should be moved there.

in WvW

Posted by: Eugenides.1274

Eugenides.1274

The biggest frustration is that they keep mentioning it when they talk about updates to WvW. It has added nothing to WvW server communities aside from the occasional PVE player farm. They claimed it could be an area for them to test new mechanics they may eventually use to help breathe some new life into the base WvW maps. It’s been 6 months — where are the updates?

Attolis – Beyond the Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Badges are not inflating anything, as badge-bought armor also costs gold and is not salvageable anyway :P

It’s a generally nice KTrain place which makes some people hopping mad. Cause you’re not supposed to have zerg fun, I guess (“how dare somebody to have fun the way they want!! NERF NOW PLZ!!!”)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

People go to eotm exactly bc they know how it operates. Oh, spectral wall! Give me the bags!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Most of the people who complain are the karma trainers who yell at anyone trying to defend.

Just saying.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

access to eotm map is within the wvw button ….

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Hmm—-looks like wvw—tastes like wvw—-‘presses EotM button on WvW’—-Guess its WvW—who would have guessed?

Why people argue it has to be either wvw or Ktrain is beyond me. You can do both but a vocal minority insist it has to be either or—-complete nonsense. Live and let live and get on with it!

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

The biggest frustration is that they keep mentioning it when they talk about updates to WvW. It has added nothing to WvW server communities aside from the occasional PVE player farm. They claimed it could be an area for them to test new mechanics they may eventually use to help breathe some new life into the base WvW maps. It’s been 6 months — where are the updates?

This.
EOTM was supposed to be a testing place for future WvW updates.
Instead its a PvE KTrain zergling map.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.9641

Shadow.9641

EOTM was supposed to be a testing place for future WvW updates.
Instead its a PvE KTrain zergling map.

This means to me, that it was(!) supposed and introduced as a WvW-Map.
The massive ktraining there is just a missusage

Big Heimdal
Pikeneer

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Let em karma-train on EotM; better there than real WvW. It’s just unfortunate that so many resources went into the EotM design that could have been used to improve WvW proper.

The salt rubbed into the wound is the devs using EotM as a defense against accusations they haven’t improved WvW. “Oh, but we have! Witness EotM!”, while completely missing (or conveniently ignoring) the fact that EotM has been appropriated by karma trainers.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul