Each update further seperates WvW...

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

On smaller servers with people not as interested in WvW you can really see the effects of these weekly updates. My server is suffering from the usual number of players in WvW because players are busy racing for achievement points, something you can’t really get in WvW…

It’s bad enough that WvW has started to feel like a completely separated from the rest of the game, but now players are so busy trying to get achievements that can only be obtained in PvE that they hardly focus on WvW.

The correct answer should not be to transfer to a server with a WvW focus, that’s a kittenty answer for flawed mechanics.

The correct answer should be giving players some unique incentives to come into WvW every day to obtain some exclusive rewards and achievements.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Incentives, rewards or achievements for playing in WvW?

Have you seen the uproar that comes along every time one of the achievements involves the jumping puzzle in EB? Most WvW players detest that thing and now most of us simply ignore it because it’s not worth to camp for kills. All the “achievement players” have more badges than they know what to do with.

Which actually brings them to the same level as most regular WvW players, and we still can’t use those badges for Ascended Back Pieces or Accessories.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

I agree that the biggest problem with WvW is player base, and player base isn’t easy to get if your server isn’t doing well in the match up. The passive server-wide bonuses for doing well in WvW are all very good, but PvE and PvP players don’t find that to be enough to draw them in.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

It’s no like the wvw world bonus make a signicant different on the overall gameplay. WvW need a way to reward you at the en of the week for you amount of effort or contribution on the week match.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in WvW

Posted by: EchenSketch.9142

EchenSketch.9142

Transferring IS the right answer. Does the fee suck? Sure, but think of servers as communities. Obviously you want a more WvW based one, so transfer.

Falkriiii – Elementalist

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Transferring IS the right answer. Does the fee suck? Sure, but think of servers as communities. Obviously you want a more WvW based one, so transfer.

No… the right answer would be to include the WvW community in the events more. WvW-ers get shafted in multiple ways when it comes to being rewarded.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

WvW get almost no reward.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

It would have been so easy for them with this living story too…

Achievement: Kill 20 Kiel Supporters in WvW while supporting Evon Gnashblade
Achievenemt: Kill 20 Gnashblade Supporters in WvW while supporting Ellen Kiel

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hire him anet

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

This MMO is the second worst game ever to segregate and marginalize it’s WvW player base from the rest of the game…. and claiming it’s a “WvW / PvP” game is just asinine.

LOTR was ~horrible~ and takes the cake as 1st.

They really do not know what they’re doing to the player base.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

I don’t mind that they don’t put WvW-related achievements in the Living Story (actually, i prefer they don’t). What I would like is they put something to compensate WvWers from not doin the LS achievements. I imagine sPvPers have more or less the same complain.
Now that the achievement are worth something, it shows.The latests LS have 195 achievement points (If I counted correctly). There is no equivalent in WvW.

But a simple fix would be to make the WxP chest have more or less the same value as the achievement chests (weapon/armor skins, account bonus, etc).

in WvW

Posted by: Morbridae.8607

Morbridae.8607

I love your idea to unite PvE and WvW!

Another option could be to put 4 PvE, 2 PvP and 4 WvW tiers on the daily, so that all players should enter at least two play-modes to finish it. Same idea with the monthly.

Or you can make one alter another… for example, if some WvW fortress is on an enemies’ hands on WvW, then some events in PvE simply doesn’t start. And while some boss in PvE is alive, then some npc race at WvW is invulnerable.

Morbridae (Norn Necromancer)
@ Sorrow’s Furnace (VE)

in WvW

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

I love your idea to unite PvE and WvW!

Another option could be to put 4 PvE, 2 PvP and 4 WvW tiers on the daily, so that all players should enter at least two play-modes to finish it. Same idea with the monthly.

Or you can make one alter another… for example, if some WvW fortress is on an enemies’ hands on WvW, then some events in PvE simply doesn’t start. And while some boss in PvE is alive, then some npc race at WvW is invulnerable.

So much hate, calm down fierce forum warrior!

The idea is to provide more options so I don’t have to run dungeons or minigames, not to force people into modes they don’t like.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

This is a good idea and hopefully they will use it in forthcoming content.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: TheLaughingMan.4320

TheLaughingMan.4320

I’ve finished 8 chars, and only play WvW now, PVE offers no motivating rewards to play it. PVE combat is very stale compared to GW1. I don’t want to take time from WvW to go run around and eat dragon candy in order to have a chance at getting a skin.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Great suggestion

I was particularly annoyed when I browsed the achievements of the current patch, and saw that there were achievements for doing kitten near anything “while supporting Kiel/Gnashblade”, but not a single one for WvW.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria