EoTM = WvW is dead?

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Tell me I am being dramatic. I really hope I am. But from what I am seeing, EoTM is soon to replace WvW leaving only small portions of coverage in WvW that will find themselves with nothing to do but PvDoor/karma train. I really want to be wrong about this. But it seems like the one reason, the one game mode I play GW2 for, just got destroyed.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

EOTM is brand new, it’s a new shiny squirrel. It’s way too early to call WvW dead. Let the initial surge of EOTM end. For myself I am still having a ball in WvW with smaller groups hitting each other vs huge zergs.

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

The hyperbole doesn’t really help. And as far as I’m concerned, more content is always better than less content (especially so with content as good as EOTM). Give it time to see what happens, and then maybe choose a server that meets your PvE and WvW needs.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

As recent as EoTM just came out, it’s not surprising that the WvW population has been significantly lessened for the time being. I think you will need to give it another month or two before it will be possible to see an accurate representation of EoTM’s effect on the WvW population.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

It’s not hyperbole. There has been a drastic difference in WvW since EoTM came out..as in it’s dead out there. Unplayable.

Yes, new content is always welcome. The problem is it has watered down the population that wants to participate in some type of WvW/PvP. Anet doesn’t have ‘another month or two’. Daoc was my favorite game of all time because of the WvW. They also added more WvW zones. Combine that with the game getting older and you had an empty WvW zone. Which led to more people quitting.

Any business will tell you keep your customer. Once they leave you have a hard time getting them back. Especially with the new WvW type games coming out. Anet has a chance to solidify their hold on this niche market and they are blowing it up.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Any business will tell you keep your customer. Once they leave you have a hard time getting them back. Especially with the new WvW type games coming out. Anet had a chance to solidify their hold on this niche market and they are blowing it up.

Fixed that for you.

I can’t think of a single thing that ANet can do now to keep anyone who is leaning toward leaving GW2. Nobody believes ANet actually plans to do anything, and even the CDIs have seen a marked drop off in the number of people who even bother to post in them. Those who are mostly satisfied with the game as it is will stay because the game does have some very nice features. Those who are dissatisfied will almost for certain leave because god knows nothing is going to materially change.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I really dislike the EOTM map. I find it difficult to stay in it longer than 20 minutes.
I like pvp maps and I like PvE maps… I find the 2 meshed together is an unplayable abomination.
What purpose does the EOTM map serve?
Queues are not an issue anywhere.
We had an EBG map and 3 borderlands maps that aren’t used much.
EOTM pulls people from an already mostly deserted WvW to make it even more deserted. EOTM in itself offers no incentive to do anything for your server. Why are there towers and keeps in EOTM? Why the need to break down gates? Why even have gates? Who cares if the enemy takes everything you own in EOTM, there is zero reward for winning and zero punishment for losing. Taking points gives Wxp, for people who don’t even go into the actual WvW maps. The whole map just seems dumb and unnecessary and did nothing but destroy WvW on a lot of servers.

~Tarnished Coast~

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

If anything, EOTM simply reveals some of the current staleness of WvW. But coming from T2, it provides a nice alternate game style. WvW for raids and roaming, and EOTM for kooky, over-the top fights and karma training.

That all said, I’ll reiterate that WvW has gotten a bit stale, though I’m not sure what needs to be done to it. But running on teamspesk with an organized guild in WvW remains, in my opinion, some of the most enjoyable gaming in all of gaming.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

nirvana.8245

I really dislike the EOTM map. I find it difficult to stay in it longer than 20 minutes.
I like pvp maps and I like PvE maps… I find the 2 meshed together is an unplayable abomination.
EOTM pulls people from an already mostly deserted WvW to make it even more deserted. EOTM in itself offers no incentive to do anything for your server. Why are there towers and keeps in EOTM? Why the need to break down gates? Why even have gates? Who cares if the enemy takes everything you own in EOTM, there is zero reward for winning and zero punishment for losing. Taking points gives Wxp, for people who don’t even go into the actual WvW maps. The whole map just seems dumb and unnecessary and did nothing but destroy WvW on a lot of servers.

This is pretty much how I feel. I have nobody to fight with. EoTM has broken the only game mode I am here to play. I still understand how some people are excited about EoTM and thats cool. But if the one game mode I am here to play is now empty, what is the point in playing this game anymore? If I have to wait months hoping that Anet will change something I don’t know what I am supposed to do :/ Thrown so many thousands of dollars into gems to buy ascended since its introduction so I could stay on top of the gold game and have all the gear and theory craft new builds and now this. They remove the bulk of the population from the one game mode I enjoy and Im left with nothing to do.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

Some people like to play for points. And will do anything to win a matchup including but not limited to, bandwagoning, overstacking servers, blobing, spying, DDOS attacks on other team speaks, buying guilds to transfer list goes on and on but pretty much the end result is they do it all for nothing.

Other people like to play for bags, they play for the fights and while they do enjoy to win that is not why they play. These people went to EOTM and left all the PPT in WvW to play with themselves.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Waage.2047

Waage.2047

This is pretty much how I feel. I have nobody to fight with. EoTM has broken the only game mode I am here to play. I still understand how some people are excited about EoTM and thats cool. But if the one game mode I am here to play is now empty, what is the point in playing this game anymore? If I have to wait months hoping that Anet will change something I don’t know what I am supposed to do :/ Thrown so many thousands of dollars into gems to buy ascended since its introduction so I could stay on top of the gold game and have all the gear and theory craft new builds and now this. They remove the bulk of the population from the one game mode I enjoy and Im left with nothing to do.

I am on BG and EOTM means i have better fights in WvW. The quality of the Militia that follow me is better, the people i fight are better and i get to do what i want.

It is great.

[RK] – Guild Leader and awesome Warrior – BG

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Played EotM for about 2 hours. realized it was kitten and only for zergs.
Bring back FA or something with a purpose, then again, nothing really has a purpose in RNGWars2

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

in piken borders are full, but no queue for ethernal. i think the nabz went there to play

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

WvW is dead in T1. Blackgate couldn’t handle playing without a full zerg and quickly gave up the first sign of defeat. Now JQ is ROFL stomping the map.

I’m on JQ and I’d rather we lose by a little than win by a landslide. Stacked games are not fun.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

EoTM is for bad zergball guild groups that can’t wipe pugs in their own matchup to come and wipe assorted pugs from several servers to feel validation.

That and for us all to fall off the map 100 times…

That is what I have seen so far anyway.

Mag Server Leader

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

Ailinen Greenleaf.8562

I really hope that they cancell this new map. It ruined the play in WvsW.
I played just few hours here, yeah ok you have a lot of bags, but in the borders there is nothing to d because they are all in this new map.
Please cancell it.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Fantastic.8609

Mr Fantastic.8609

TBH I’m glad EotM came out. All the zergs went over there (perfect zerging map) and left the small groups to play in the WvW maps. GW2 needs more small man and less zerg anyway.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

EoTM has altered the state of WvW, and has split the population. In the end, their will be more stacked servers at the top, the ones that want to do the Mist War and play for PPT (and the win), and then their will be the servers at the bottom tiers, that like to do EoTM, and do not care about Mist War.

Ther rankings will be volatile for awhile.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

We’ll see what season 2 of leagues does to WvW. Season 1 had a pretty big impact to how many people showed up.

Gate of Madness

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

It really baffles me how people can still care about who wins the WvW point tick from week to week. This game is over a year old; isn’t that enough time to figure out that the WvW meta is pointless other than proving which server has more players across as many time zones as possible?

GW2 shines as far as combat gameplay goes, and EOTM is currently shining a spotlight on what GW2 does best. Fighting.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

If ppl want to play EoTM more then stander wvw maps i am sure Anet will make the other parts of wvw more like EoTM. What ppl seem not to understand the main ideal behind EoTM is its a testing map for new things in wvw. So the realty popular things in EoTM may find there way in the stander wvw.
So the ideal such as the blood lust that got a bad review when it first came out EoTM would of had Blood lust at its max out put to test it for a few weeks before it went into stander wvw. This is an example they used in enplaning EoTM do ppl not read any thing the devs put out? Do ppl realty just come to these forums to read what any random person is talking about? I think there may be something wrong with the forum users if this is the truth of things.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: stoat.4257

stoat.4257

For servers that don’t have active pubmanders EOTM is going to steal a lot of people.
It will also steal ‘fight seeking’ guilds, while the map architecture isn’t all that great for fights, the population certainly is.

Maguuma

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

GW2 shines as far as combat gameplay goes, and EOTM is currently shining a spotlight on what GW2 does best. Fighting.

Solid point Boulder, and oddly enough, it’s probably why I haven’t played the game in over a month, and may be done for good. I love the combat in this game, but realized that I’m kind of done with it. I may have been done with it for quite some time actually. What kept driving me over the past many months actually had more to do with PPT. Not just for winning and PPT, but the community building and organization process that it takes to get there. Rooting your team on, supporting when things are going bad, getting to know people while having fun in the process, and watching a lot of different egos and personalities put aside their issues and come together for a common goal.

I guess you could call that server pride to an extent. But after you get there, and remain there for a solid period of time, the drive inevitably fades. So it goes back to the fights, and I’ve struggled with motivation on that front. Those that still enjoy the fights now have a new place to do it, and if the encounters are more fun, then that’s where they’re going to be.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Is all servers of a particular colour running around in 1 big blob really fighting?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

When EotM was announced I expected a couple impacts. First, as a mechanism that addresses que times in T1 rather than the game, the vertical migration of players would continue, and increase. Second, if you’re playing T4 and below (at a minimum) and you play in a wvw-focused group, the declining/lopsided participation in wvw will likely drive people (who choose not to transfer) into EotM on a regular basis in an attempt to find steady fights, and avoid the increasing futility of PPT.

So far, I’ve played on a server that’s ranged from T7 slowly up to its current spot in T4. For me, the funnest fights in that time have been those where you get ~15 decently organized people against the same.

I jumped into EotM for the first time yesterday with thoughts in my head of how it was supposed to encourage fighting more, smaller groups etc etc. What I found was the opposite. The map is amazing to look at, the designers did a great job. But wow, the blobs, the karma train.

Between the combination of the neglect of the mid-lower tier population stability, and what looks like the plug-and-play edition of what’s worst in wvw, I’m beginning to wonder if all fights will begin to progress towards blobbing now that we all have easy access to a communal EB, in essence.

I fully expect they’ll start closing/folding up wvw on servers within the next 4 – 6 months. Players will probably be offered a one-time free transfer to one of 6 – 9 servers they keep it open on.

TL;DR – the addition of EotM may yet further decrease the variety of fights available. Farming pug blobs will only keep organized groups amused for a while.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

(edited by Epsilon Atreides.3816)

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

If servers are not already dead, they will be with the start of the new season. At least on the mid- and low-tier servers. Bandwagoners can now stack on 4-5 servers and while they sit in the 1+ hour queue they can farm a lot of wxp and badges in EotM with circle raiding.
And its also obvious that people will join EotM in a tough matchup instead of standing their ground as the underdog wich leads to even a bigger unbalanced population und unbalanced matchups.
Dont know what Anet wanted to achieve with such a change to WvW. Its straight into the false direction to keep WvW alive on more than 4 or 5 servers.

(edited by lindstroem.3601)

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Boulderbolg.3460

Is all servers of a particular colour running around in 1 big blob really fighting?

No, and that’s not what I do.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No, and that’s not what I do.

My guild tried to run around as a guild group of around 15 last night oceanic time and couldn’t avoid the huge red team blob and find smaller fights. This was partially due to the design of eotm but also the seeming inability to find smaller fights.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Boulderbolg.3460

15 is a large number for us, but we manage to find good action in smaller groups. Yeah, the zergs sometimes get out of control, but that shouldn’t be anything new to a T1 guild.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Mr Fantastic.8609

Mr Fantastic.8609

Bro you have to be kidding, a 15vs15 fight is not that small. Run groups if you want to find small pvp but if you are running 15 people what you have is a small zerg.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Jski.6180

Bro you have to be kidding, a 15vs15 fight is not that small. Run groups if you want to find small pvp but if you are running 15 people what you have is a small zerg.

25 is a zerg in GW2 any thing below that is a large group but is not a zerg. Blob is any group bigger then your own when you lose so calling some one blobbing you is an excuse why you lost a fight.

At the end of the day calling things a zerg or a blob is more of a derogatory comment to make your self feel better for losing a fight much like saying every thing is “OP” when you lose to it. I must say its a shame that zerg as a slang term as become derogatory when the ideal of zerging is a well known and very useful tactic of SC1 and in some ways real life.

ANY WAY EoTM cant kill WvW as long as ppl put worth in wining a week.

Added note using you as a means of “one” being a bit lazy about how i am writing sry if it was confusing. Though Mr Fantastic you should not think of 15 ppl as a true zerg.

(edited by Jski.6180)

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

But in EotM smaller group can kite big blob much easier than in borderlands.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Death to WvW!

/rejoice

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

25 is a zerg in GW2 any thing below that is a large group but is not a zerg. Blob is any group bigger then your own when you lose so calling some one blobbing you is an excuse why you lost a fight.

At the end of the day calling things a zerg or a blob is more of a derogatory comment to make your self feel better for losing a fight much like saying every thing is “OP” when you lose to it. I must say its a shame that zerg as a slang term as become derogatory when the ideal of zerging is a well known and very useful tactic of SC1 and in some ways real life.

Added note using you as a means of “one” being a bit lazy about how i am writing sry if it was confusing. Though Mr Fantastic you should not think of 15 ppl as a true zerg.

I don’t know what FA does but thats not the case in T1. 25 is nothing more than a guild. Guilds can run 25 with no pugs thats simply just large group. Zerg is and blob are pretty much synonymous in numbers the the difference is there is no resemblance on any tactics with blobs blobs are just throw everything and everyone into a group with no tactics and just try to run a melee train. Zerg on the other hand can often be blob sized but resemble something with a thought process and coordination and some sort of synergy.

Your pretty delusional also in your claims that calling something for what it is is not calling something for what it is but is a coping mechanism because others suck at the game or something. Honestly based on what you said he I can say you don’t know what you ar talking about on this post and in game.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I don’t really understand why so many people say it’s just blob and karma train. Maybe they just didn’t play it long enough.

It is a lot more than that. It is an actualy proper 3-way match, where all 3 teams try to outsmart eachother in many different ways. I t can be fighting an enemy zerg, sending a small group to cap objectives or cap things with big group. But unlike old WvW where most of the time there isn’t much action, and when there is, it’s usually just 2 servers, 1 sieging other defending, without an treat from the third (most of the time, not always).

Eotm is completely different. You always have to watch out for that third team, and there is always some action, that’s why it is fun. It really doesn’t matter if it’s a blob or a small group as long as it is enjoyable and there is actually something going on all the time.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Jski.6180

I don’t know what FA does but thats not the case in T1. 25 is nothing more than a guild. Guilds can run 25 with no pugs thats simply just large group. Zerg is and blob are pretty much synonymous in numbers the the difference is there is no resemblance on any tactics with blobs blobs are just throw everything and everyone into a group with no tactics and just try to run a melee train. Zerg on the other hand can often be blob sized but resemble something with a thought process and coordination and some sort of synergy.

Your pretty delusional also in your claims that calling something for what it is is not calling something for what it is but is a coping mechanism because others suck at the game or something. Honestly based on what you said he I can say you don’t know what you ar talking about on this post and in game.

I am just going off of 25 = oranges sword for my def of zerg size in gw2. As for your other point i think your a bit delusional on your view of if you lose at something you sux there always some one out there that is better then you in one way or another i am suggestion that when you say “i was zerged or blobed” its more of an self def to saying why you lost something.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

And lot of peoples predicted this before the release. EOTM will actually hurt wvw a lot and not an implementation and QOL change to queues as arenanet announced. But, arenanet is in their own way… idk what arenanet want to do with this game anymore. I just get bored of this, i am slowly leaving this game, like a lots of friends.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Weird EotM did give me some reason play this game. WWW has been snore fest last 6 months.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

And lot of peoples predicted this before the release. EOTM will actually hurt wvw a lot and not an implementation and QOL change to queues as arenanet announced. But, arenanet is in their own way… idk what arenanet want to do with this game anymore. I just get bored of this, i am slowly leaving this game, like a lots of friends.

i thought it was a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory when i first thought it up, but it’s actually coming to fruition now. the first thing you have to realize is that ANet isn’t the one making the decisions. NCSoft is. they have the money, so they make the rules. they’ve pretty much dropped the ball completely with WvW, and there’s a lot of unhappy players. they could either use their resources to try to fix the mountain of problems WvW has, or they could kill WvW completely. if they kill WvW completely, that will leave a lot of players looking for a new game. NCSoft has a new cashgrab coming out, wildstar. (yes. it’s a cash grab, nothing more. i was in the beta tests, it was embarrassingly and insultingly bad). wildstar also will come with a subscription fee.

so their options are to either spend money to improve their current game, or con people into paying for a new game by exploiting their hope and optimism. so i’d expect them to continue destroying WvW, to try to filter as many people into wildstar, and the subscription fees, as they possibly can. even if the majority goes to one of the numerous other MMOs coming out, that percentage they retain will provide more money than they’re getting now. especially if wildstar has its own cash shop along with the subscription fees.

the kicker is that they’ll treat the playerbase the same way there that we get treated here. we’re not even remotely important to them, they really only care about how much money they can squeeze out of us. but since there will be alternatives, the intelligent portion of the player base will head to one of those. however, that also works in NCSoft’s advantage, because what will be left will primarily be people too stupid to realize they’re in what amounts to an abusive relationship, who will quietly keep forking over cash and taking the constant backhands across the mouth that NCSoft loves to provide.

so pay careful attention to what goes on here leading up to wildstar’s release, and whatever you do, don’t give them your money. there are other, better, alternatives that will be available to whatever EA #2 here can crap out.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: fooey.5824

fooey.5824

So far as my WvW guild is concerned, EOTM might as well not even exist

Too much PVE, too hard to get around the map, obnoxious debalancing (de)buffs, annoying to ferry everyone to one instance, and if you don’t have a guild group, it’s 100% impossible to coordinate any reasonably sized group.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

nirvana.8245

Yeah unfortunately things are starting to make sense. I got that vibe something was up when Anet was asked what the point in EoTM was and they said they didn’t really know. Then gave us some small reasons for such a large development and told us to see how it goes…

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Alukah.2063

Alukah.2063

I think OP is from Blackgate.

People are tired of extreme queues and decided to have fun with their guild in EOTM, where they can PvP without having to worry about queues.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

it’s a new toy, people will flock there….

given time people will get bored in EotM and move back to WvW

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

It depends on the server. If your server values ppt and coverage, it will continue to WvW, whereas a server like SoR, which puts a focus on fights, have pretty much forgotten about WvW.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

There is tons of action and guild groups in EOTM during NA prim and Late NA… Being told that eotm is pretty crappy during the other timezones…

However, I am seeing more and more guild groups in there, and even better…. more and more guild groups running tagless + some stray pugs that attach themselves. I think it is in fact steadily replacing wvw.

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

WvW activity has gone up and down since EoTM but as of late… Its not that bad. Yesterday my server had a small queue on EB, no queue on the borders yet WvW was still filled with action.

On the whole, I think EoTM is a good thing. Its basicly an always available PvP zone for the entire server community. That can never be bad. If anything, for me it break up the stale sPvP more than it does WvW proper. Why would I want to join random sPvP now? Its alot more fun to just get 5 peeps in EoTM and run around. Hell it would be interesting if they limited EoTM to PvP specs!!! That would really separate it from WvW. Used an experiment to see what PvP specs mean on a massive scale.

But… The quality of EoTM does make me sad when I look at the current WvW maps. The quality is simply miles apart. Terrain is amazing and keep design is leaps and bounds better to the point of being ridiculous and almost a different game. Whoever designed EoTM over at Anet outdid themselves. My personal opinion is that its a tad complicated terrain that could be scaled back a notch, but that’s very much personal. Still, going from EoTM to WvW feel like playing WoW again :/

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Agree… and disagree…

EOTM is buggy and a crash waiting to happen –
WvW and PvE do mesh if given a chance, but with the complete hash up that ANET has made of its server balance and traffic management neither parts add up to anything much unless your on one of those few stacked servers. Now with the announcement of Spring Tournament it wont matter if your WvW, PvP or PvE because players are going to simply migrate once again to those already stacked servers.. which fall nicely into the lap of EOTM because the only queues its going to alleviate to some extent are those on the same stacked servers.. but ANET doesn’t care cos it will see another spike in gem sales as the Xfers gather pace.. and their own employees wont cry foul cos they cant get into play on one their stacked servers!

EOTM was supposed to be the answer to queues…. now the biggest issue will likely be players whinning cos they have to sit in EOTM queues for an hour or more, whilst the majority of servers sit ghostly quiet with 1 server steam rolling the other 2 again. personally I wont spending anything like the time I did in S1 this time round… lets not kid ourselves this Spring Tournament has nothing to do with bringing players into WvW its about gem sales.
ANET’s complete ignorance to the server population issues, and the very large CDI thread surrounding it tells me they don’t have the courage to merge servers and force a halt to bandwagoning so instead go hell bent to promote it more and more, but hey ho what will be will be.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

….
ANET’s complete ignorance to the server population issues, and the very large CDI thread surrounding it tells me they don’t have the courage to merge servers and force a halt to bandwagoning so instead go hell bent to promote it more and more, but hey ho what will be will be.

Pretty much nails it.

A CDI to find out what class is the weakest? they need a poll from the players to let them know that?

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: PlayerOne.6795

PlayerOne.6795

5 months later ^ hype has fallen, eotm still have 80+ man pve zergs, that doesn’t contribute to their server score. But only earning wvw ability points so they can compete if wvw ever goes live again. There is ever only que on eb now, not due to the borderlands being almost full and rest being in eotm. But because Eotm is very easy massive wvw points compared to the other maps, so people go there to grind less (but for what?). Borderlands is empty, except for the ocational karma train running through outmanning the last yet to be rewarded defenders siegemasters and scouts. Facerolling them and corpsejumping them, like they acompliched something hard. Sometims there is a que for eb where ppl zerg in bigger numbers almost constantly too. But in fact only are responsible for a low % of the server score. Ontop of that ppl have now started gearing for zergs, and in most cases can’t fend for them selves anymore without the rest of the zerg. Which makes the mentality even more pro zerg, and less about skill. Most points are Held by very little (frustrated) numbers that is not getting rewarded. So why do you think all the dedicated people quit the game? I myself have quit more then once due to this, and am very close to doing so again.

IMO Anet should close Eotm and leave it as an option if you cannot get in any regular wvw map. not so you can join in from the wvw tab, unless your not on the server you are currently representing ofcourse. So you get ported there when you que up for a map, and have the option to leave it if you dont want to be in it. Not the other way around.

Eotm was intended to rid us of ques not of population.

(edited by PlayerOne.6795)

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Still believe that EoTM should be brought into the scoring rotation for regular WvW. Points should be award from the mists if the sides are of equivalent sizes, we would need some system that if the instance is one sided they can not just win via numbers. The WvW points should be adjusted based on the number of queues during that 4 hour block, but its value should be of a reduced amount compared to control of the regular borderlands. If there are 5 overflows, the total points for each match would be 20% of the total allotment of the assigned value of EoTM in that 4 hour block. This ties it into regular WvW, allows people to fight in different maps, creates a region for those that want a RvBvG rotation, and adds a level of strategy since you may need to peel some people off to attack/defend a new area. I hear you that some servers may not have the pop to do that in their tier but the odds are those servers in your tier are in the same boat so it is balanced in a given tier. Just some thoughts.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.