EoTM = WvW is dead?

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Even as we speak, prime time on T1 on my server were still outnumbered 3 out of the 4 maps most nights (sometimes outnumbered all 4). EoTM you can always find a zerg to run with but the problem is, it’s all karma train. Now that’s fine if you want to level up an alt or just feel like running around capturing things with little engagement, but I don’t see how this will keep people occupied for much longer.

I agree that EoTM should become part of the WvW score rotation which even further reinforces why servers should be combined in such a way it’s faction vs faction, guild vs guild, or color vs color (whatever you wan’t to call it). I think EoTM is a perfect example of what WvW maps would look like (numbers wise) if servers were in fact combined. All maps should have enough players to keep fully stocked most of the day.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

i need ts to play the game… anet already said the will not make internal game voip.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yup… ANET should really close EOTM. WvW maps are not queued anymore as it used to be.

even if they must have EOTM, pls, open it only during weekend, and close it during weekdays.

that will bring the players back to WvW map. EOTM is so PvE.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

even if they must have EOTM, pls, open it only during weekend, and close it during weekdays.

that will bring the players back to WvW map. EOTM is so PvE.

This is an interesting idea.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Even as we speak, prime time on T1 on my server were still outnumbered 3 out of the 4 maps most nights (sometimes outnumbered all 4). EoTM you can always find a zerg to run with but the problem is, it’s all karma train. Now that’s fine if you want to level up an alt or just feel like running around capturing things with little engagement, but I don’t see how this will keep people occupied for much longer.

I agree that EoTM should become part of the WvW score rotation which even further reinforces why servers should be combined in such a way it’s faction vs faction, guild vs guild, or color vs color (whatever you wan’t to call it). I think EoTM is a perfect example of what WvW maps would look like (numbers wise) if servers were in fact combined. All maps should have enough players to keep fully stocked most of the day.

Numbers in EoTM are deceptive. A great majority are not WvW players and will instantly disappear once the karma train ceases to be.

EoTM is not WvW’s problem unless you count the WvW dev time wasted in creating it that could have been spent on real WvW issues.

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

People that enjoy WvW will be in WvW. EotM is not WvW. It’s pretty much a PvE karma train 24/7. Defending doesn’t matter, fights don’t matter. Completely different.

I’d bet there are more PvE players in EoTM than actual WvW players. I only go there sometimes for leveling alts or gaining a few quick ranks; otherwise I don’t bother with it, as I find the real thing more fun. Close EotM and nothing much will happen to the population on WvW maps, because the PvE players will just find something else in PvE to farm.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

lol

alot more people enjoy eotm than wvw – cause wvw is absolut boring how it is played

but the wvw people come here and ask to close eotm cause they have noone to play with^^

seriously

people dont left wvw for eotm – they left cause wvw is boring and they left it before eotm even was an option

EoTM = WvW is dead?

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

lol

alot more people enjoy eotm than wvw – cause wvw is absolut boring how it is played

but the wvw people come here and ask to close eotm cause they have noone to play with^^

seriously

people dont left wvw for eotm – they left cause wvw is boring and they left it before eotm even was an option

That may be why you left, but the great majority of EotM players are there for the karma train. The rewards are ridiculous, and because there are no consequences to winning/losing, defending and fighting are pointless.

I’d imagine most people find EotM pretty boring. It’s basically the Queensdale champ train, but with the occasional enemy player.

Second Child