Extremely Disappointed in WvW Rew...

in WvW

Posted by: DomDeuce.7896

DomDeuce.7896

No other event in this game has demanded so much of a player to fulfill their meta from Time, effort, and patience [queue times], and competition of resources. Then to not receive a Permanent and Unique reward. A stack of colored Dolyaks which have a limit and a time until the next season is a slap in the face. Other games provide something unique and sustaining for competitive play in seasons.

2 Years from now during Season 10, who will know where a player placed in an effort to help their server to glory?

Yet I can finish any PvE meta in a day and I get perma-skins, titles and much more. Who knew Emissary of the Mad King and Apprentice Toymaker were cool titles now.?

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

+1
Message Body length must at least be 15.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I must have missed something. Did they say everything that was in the reward chest? If not, then there will be plenty of time to complain after they have failed to meet expectations.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: nowitsawn.1276

nowitsawn.1276

I must have missed something. Did they say everything that was in the reward chest? If not, then there will be plenty of time to complain after they have failed to meet expectations.

I was wondering the same thing, but since the chest data is already in the game, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone figured it out already.

I shot the seraph~
But I didn’t shoot the thackeray

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

No other event in this game has demanded so much of a player to fulfill their meta from Time, effort, and patience [queue times], and competition of resources. Then to not receive a Permanent and Unique reward. A stack of colored Dolyaks which have a limit and a time until the next season is a slap in the face. Other games provide something unique and sustaining for competitive play in seasons.

2 Years from now during Season 10, who will know where a player placed in an effort to help their server to glory?

Yet I can finish any PvE meta in a day and I get perma-skins, titles and much more. Who knew Emissary of the Mad King and Apprentice Toymaker were cool titles now.?

Welcome to the wonderous world of wvw loot! No sarcasm involved sadly, loot always been kitten compared with pve but im not much of a reward kitten

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

The queues are enough to make me angry, never mind the absolute bugger-all rewards you get for doing WvW.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

If you are playing WvW for rewards you are doing it wrong.

I really don’t get why people feel like they must get “epix lootz” in order to do anything in a game.
What happened to playing for the sake of playing?
Playing for fun?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

I really don’t get why people feel like they must get “epix lootz” in order to do anything in a game.
Playing for fun?

I would guess some of the responses are due to pve achievements, and the other half of the issue is that many wvw players are frustrated with ascended gear grind which forces them out of wvw. if the rewards were ascended weapons, a lot of ppl would be pleased, but that’s just not going to happen.

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

DomDeuce, yes please go back to PvE. Leave the queues open for those of us WvW players who don’t care about any achievements.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

The meta achievements are based around normal WvW play. You can’t compare them to the living story achievements because those funnel you into one area and are only available for 2-4 weeks. Whereas these achievements exist in the entire game mode and are active for 7 weeks.

The season rewards are fine. They provide a nice flashy reward that doesn’t make much of a difference for those who joined high-pop realms before the transfer cutoff and they’re only around for the following season. If they had much bigger and better rewards for the top-placing realms then there would be some face-slapping going on.

We haven’t seen what the actual season-end reward chests will be so we can’t complain about those yet.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in WvW

Posted by: DomDeuce.7896

DomDeuce.7896

Playing for fun?

Trophies of War have been a part of life centuries before we have the convenience of being couch warriors with our binary games. Why should WvW be excluded from their own niche of personal private rewards? PvP gets it with their tier finishers for hard work.

I want the ears of enemy commanders around my neck, the skulls dragging behind my Dolyaks and their bodies strung from keeps WE claim.

—OT that could be fun give; commanders a bogus template body until they reclaim the tower or keep they lost it at. I digress.

in WvW

TooBz.3065

The meta achievements are based around normal WvW play. You can’t compare them to the living story achievements because those funnel you into one area and are only available for 2-4 weeks. Whereas these achievements exist in the entire game mode and are active for 7 weeks.

The season rewards are fine. They provide a nice flashy reward that doesn’t make much of a difference for those who joined high-pop realms before the transfer cutoff and they’re only around for the following season. If they had much bigger and better rewards for the top-placing realms then there would be some face-slapping going on.

We haven’t seen what the actual season-end reward chests will be so we can’t complain about those yet.

Due to season 1, my server has faced absolutely terrible match ups. Fights that are so lopsided that they aren’t remotely even fun. Consequently, I’d like to see a reward chest that almost make it worthwhile (frankly I’d rather have fun, but since I cant…)

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

To me, the sweetest reward for winning isn’t some title, finisher, or piece of gear. It’s not even the win itself. It’s the road your server traveled to get there.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

TooBz.3065

To me, the sweetest reward for winning isn’t some title, finisher, or piece of gear. It’s not even the win itself. It’s the road your server traveled to get there.

So, how many times during the season has blackgate been stomped in a completely unbalanced matchup?

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

So, how many times during the season has blackgate been stomped in a completely unbalanced matchup?

Um none? Sorry I didn’t realize this thread was about population/coverage imbalances.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

We don’t even know what’s in it but I’m not blaming the OP for thinking it sucks.

Everyone should get an Ascended weapon, what with us having to worry about armor now.

in WvW

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

2 weeks from now, who will give a crap?

Fixed it for you.

in WvW

Posted by: shoufer.2917

shoufer.2917

Well I have not found out what the season rewards are going to be, so if you guys happen to know post them. In the mean time I would like to say that the new system has increased WvWvW participation on my server allot ( This is a good thing!!). We are currently leading bronze league in NA. I love WvW. so I wont care so much about what is in the chest. I just hope it is enough to keep players in WvW for the next season. Cannot see how people are complaining about rewards so far I make quite a bit of gold off the drops from WvW. I have even managed to get one Pink item and several exotics. Leave the Devs alone till season is over then complain if they fall short of expectations

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

wvw would be already dead without rewards – thats why we have wxp chests now

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I agree that a title and a unique skin could have been provided as a permanent reward.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Razamatazz.9628

Razamatazz.9628

Um none? Sorry I didn’t realize this thread was about population/coverage imbalances.

I think he was referring more to the fact that not everyone is enjoying the road they’re traveling in WvW. Take NSP in Silver league for example, here’s a video of the road we’re getting to travel this week.

[/quote]

He was saying that blackgate is in a good position as far as it’s population vs the other servers in the league, not all of us are quite so lucky, some times our road is lined with ballista’s. And as we all know ballista’s were designed specifically to make roads rough, or deadly, or rough and deadly, or rough, deadly, and a nightmare. Yeah, not all sunshine rainbows and butterflies in all the match ups. Doing what we can with what we have though, it would be nice to get something worthwhile after 7 weeks of getting drubbed by whoever is blue in each of our matchups though. Helps to keep morale up a bit and players on the edge of quitting WvW going until the end of the season when we can hope for some less lopsided matchups.

Please note the video is not mine and I take no credit for it.

Lydeah – 80 Mesmer
Lorynne – 80 Guardian
[PB] – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Playing for fun?

Meh, I do actually play W3 for fun. Problem is I don’t zerg and loot is a rare thing indeed for me. I struggle to keep a positive cash flow.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care