Fun in Darkhaven Last Night

in WvW

Posted by: Brighim.2768

Brighim.2768

in WvW

Brighim.2768

.695 Tick, Owned everything, in all Borderlands, every camp, every tower, every keep, every garrison. How to feel O.P. 101. We might not be gold tier, but I had a blast.

in WvW

Posted by: Jaxs.5830

Jaxs.5830

The only way to do that is through PvDoor. The fact that you had a blast while doing PvDoor makes you the poster child for what is wrong in this game.

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

The only way to do that is through PvDoor. The fact that you had a blast while doing PvDoor makes you the poster child for what is wrong in this game.

Actually, my guild group had to hold off NSP at north camp that outnumbered us 3-1 at least. The fun wasn’t in PvD, it was in the scramble to whack-a-mole, so to speak, as they were constantly flipping camps and we were constantly trying to retake/defend camps.

We also fielded a yak zerg in EB. Now THAT was fun.

Edit: Also, FTR, I find it funny that you claim to have a monopoly on what is “right” for the game. Why is it that someone who plays for PPT is playing the game wrong? Are games not for fun, and is it not legitimate to play for PPT if it is fun for you? It seems to me that, if anything, YOU are the poster child for what is wrong in this game. That is to say, people who demand you play their way or that you’re doing something bad/wrong etc…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in WvW

Jaxs.5830

Actually, my guild group had to hold off NSP at north camp that outnumbered us 3-1 at least. The fun wasn’t in PvD, it was in the scramble to whack-a-mole, so to speak, as they were constantly flipping camps and we were constantly trying to retake/defend camps.

Yes the score of that match indicates strongly that there is a lot of 3-1 going on, just not Darkhaven being the 1. You massively outnumber the other servers in your matchup, bragging about it makes you kitten.

in WvW

Arius.7031

Yes the score of that match indicates strongly that there is a lot of 3-1 going on, just not Darkhaven being the 1. You massively outnumber the other servers in your matchup, bragging about it makes you kitten.

Right, we outnumber them so bad, that’s why SF has beaten us multiple times! We have better coverage, that’s why we’ve been winning lately, not cus we vastly outnumber them. They outnumber us during the day when they try, but our night crew has really discouraged their servers. Neither is showing up with nearly as much force as they could.

As to the maturity of this thread, you def have a point. I’m not defending the thread, merely saying you’re wrong on a lot of things.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Jaxs.5830

Why is it that someone who plays for PPT is playing the game wrong? Are games not for fun, and is it not legitimate to play for PPT if it is fun for you? It seems to me that, if anything, YOU are the poster child for what is wrong in this game. That is to say, people who demand you play their way or that you’re doing something bad/wrong etc…

Did I say anything at all about PPT? Are you seriously saying with a an almost 100k lead on thursday, you are playing for PPT when you paint the map? What is wrong is painting the map knowing it demoralizes your opponent. What is wrong is then coming here to brag about it. There is a difference in pride of outplaying your opponents and in simply outnumbering them.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

We’re winning because Os guild went AWOL and CoSa imploded.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Brighim.2768

All I’m saying is I had fun. You bring up fair points Jaxs, you obviously know a lot more than I do, but I had fun, and yea, I’m proud of how good my server did. I Hope you are as proud of yours, and you have as much fun as we did.

in WvW

Posted by: Hoof.5179

Hoof.5179

Fact is Darkhaven has recovered from all the leaves on our server. Fact is Darkhaven learned to play together again . And Fact is this is the result what happens when a server works together
There will be matches coming up where we will get beaten again but for now we are proud that we dragged us out of our own mess .
And talking about outnumbering someone
It was more than once that the last weeks both servers worked against us and surprise surprise it didnt work out either
Sf still have masses in their primetime and definately more People in WvW than Dh does . I am sorry if you cant manage to work it out.
What happened to Nsp? i have no clue they were way better than they are now
And well Stop blaming others , start to sweep the dirt from your own server first

Cheers

Harry Dotter

Commander Harry Dotter, 80 necromancer
Server: Darkhaven / Guild: [SotD]

(edited by Hoof.5179)

in WvW

Arius.7031

Why is it that someone who plays for PPT is playing the game wrong? Are games not for fun, and is it not legitimate to play for PPT if it is fun for you? It seems to me that, if anything, YOU are the poster child for what is wrong in this game. That is to say, people who demand you play their way or that you’re doing something bad/wrong etc…

Did I say anything at all about PPT? Are you seriously saying with a an almost 100k lead on thursday, you are playing for PPT when you paint the map? What is wrong is painting the map knowing it demoralizes your opponent. What is wrong is then coming here to brag about it. There is a difference in pride of outplaying your opponents and in simply outnumbering them.

We are playing for PPT, yes, as we’re trying to move into t5. We’re hopeful that we have the coverage necessary to compete there. Literally, tons of people on Darkhaven in WvW have been talking for 2 weeks about how much they want to move up again. Thus, it’s not surprising that we’re being tryhard and trying to make as many points as we can.

Regardless, SF isn’t exactly the nicest server we’ve ever played against… so you’ll excuse me if I don’t care at all about demoralizing them. They’ve put us at 0 or close to 0 ppt enough times for it to be okay for us to do it to them one time.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Brighim.2768

I just came to talk about how much fun I had and how much fun wvw is in general, didn’t think I’d spark a huge debate? I don’t mind if you guys talk but lets respect each others opinions yea?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Regardless, SF isn’t exactly the nicest server we’ve ever played against… so you’ll excuse me if I don’t care at all about demoralizing them. They’ve put us at 0 or close to 0 ppt enough times for it to be okay for us to do it to them one time.

I had to LOL at this bigtime friend…Keep zerging for that ppt crown!

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Arius.7031

And what was there to lol about? SF has put us at near/absolute 0 PPT multiple times so I fail to see why it’s mean of us to do the same thing to poor little SF.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

And what was there to lol about? SF has put us at near/absolute 0 PPT multiple times so I fail to see why it’s mean of us to do the same thing to poor little SF.

I am sorry I shouldn’t have said anything, I do not want to take up any more of your valuable time that could be spent on siege. (likely an arrowcart)

Putting people at 0 PPT, with superior off-peak coverage is totally fine…Making a thread about it, and then getting defensive when people poke fun is where the err is made.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Arius.7031

I am sorry I shouldn’t have said anything, I do not want to take up any more of your valuable time that could be spent on siege. (likely an arrowcart)

Putting people at 0 PPT, with superior off-peak coverage is totally fine…Making a thread about it, and then getting defensive when people poke fun is where the err is made.

Lol I mostly roam dude, I’m like never on AC’s. Regardless I think your definition of “poking fun” is odd if this constitutes “poking fun”:

The fact that you had a blast while doing PvDoor makes you the poster child for what is wrong in this game.

If you were referring to your own comment, I wasn’t being defensive, I was just replying lol.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

A large portion of taking these towers and keeps was PvDoor. There’s no denying that. But we held off numbers greater than ours in holding those keeps, wiping NSP’s zerg multiple times in their keeps last night, often in the lord’s room, defending their garrison with just 5 people against guild groups and omegas. So yeah, it was a lot of fun, and I know a lot of us weren’t playing for the tally, just to see how long we could hold out against you guys.

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Darkhaven is the bestest, and all other servers smell funny.

/thread

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

This isn’t as much of an example of DH working together as it is an example of NSP and SF giving up.

in WvW

Arius.7031

Darkhaven is the bestest, and all other servers smell funny.

/thread

You can’t post on the forums until you play more often. That’s officially an unofficial rule for these forums. So start playing more often buddy, or else!

On a more substantive note, I think the more enjoyable part of the night was what happened after 695 ppt. The yak zerg was absolutely beautiful…

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Don’t be discouraged DH, the Magummies are just upset to see anyone moving up while they are slowly drifting down (not PPT’ing has consequences).

GJ on rebuilding your server and moving on up.

in WvW

melodey.4652

This isn’t as much of an example of DH working together as it is an example of NSP and SF giving up.

y ppl commenting about the state of a matchup they’re not apart of? Tell that to the zergball, golem-loving [LORD] guild from SF yesterday. That red sea sure tried their darndest to have tea in our keeps. We put out "no trespassing’ signs though and they abided. And SF’s EB zerg is always awe-inspiring. But they run around in one giant ball like usual and don’t split their forces. shrug The most of [Os] I’ve seen is like ~15ish, so there’s no doubt they’re not really in the picture, but [ZoS] has been more than happy to take the reins for them it seems. We’re as shocked as anyone that we’re beating both NSP (not even the bottom of silver), and SF (which stomped our pants three + four weeks ago). So was SF’s win against us all along because Darkhaven had given up? Chicken and the egg I suppose.

in WvW

Solstice.1097

You had the same match last week and it was closer. So did my matchup and it was closer too. The losing servers don’t try as hard when you keep getting rematches. It’s just a fact.

in WvW

melodey.4652

You had the same match last week and it was closer. So did my matchup and it was closer too. The losing servers don’t try as hard when you keep getting rematches. It’s just a fact.

We’ve played against SF for the last 5 weeks, and they beat us the first two. By that logic DH should have just rolled over and be crying in our pillows by now.

in WvW

Solstice.1097

We’ve played against SF for the last 5 weeks, and they beat us the first two. By that logic DH should have just rolled over and be crying in our pillows by now.

nah when at least 1 server in the match changes its enough for people to regain interest for reset, and if reset goes well that interest carries through.

in WvW

Arius.7031

nah when at least 1 server in the match changes its enough for people to regain interest for reset, and if reset goes well that interest carries through.

I may be misunderstanding but Dh has done horribly on every reset so far. Like, horribly, lol.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Solstice.1097

I may be misunderstanding but Dh has done horribly on every reset so far. Like, horribly, lol.

IDK what happened but ever since thursday night / friday morning in the matchup of DH/SF/GoM, DH has been steamrolling every night. It didn’t take long past the 1st weekend for NSP and SF to realize they could not keep up with DH’s coverage.

in WvW

melodey.4652

The week we won, that third week, we were actually losing the entire week until we kicked it into overdrive and started winning on Thursday. Your generalized assumptions might work for FC, but Darkhaven never has been a reset server. Losing makes us work harder. Losing our guilds made us work harder. When SF first entered T5 and kicked our teeth in for three days, we stepped it up and kicked back harder. I know PvEers who pulled all nighters to help us pull out some wins against you guys. We’re not perfect, we’re not as coordinated or as skilled as some servers, but we have made a habit of not backing down, and those that did have all left by now (and in some cases, transferred there and back again). We accomplish what we do with Pug commanders, PvX guilds, and only a handful of small WvW guilds. None of our guilds are as large as [LORD], [ZoS], [CoSa], or even [EDGE], but we have a lot of people who like the good fight and don’t give up in the face of a red sea. And we’ve been accumulating former DH again, now that the luster of season one (yay blues and greens) and transferring2win is over. We -are- getting better, despite it all.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Bragging (which is clearly what the OP is doing) about having superior coverage is pretty sad.

By the way, what happened to CoSa?

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Don’t be discouraged DH, the Magummies are just upset to see anyone moving up while they are slowly drifting down (not PPT’ing has consequences).

Not PPTing has consequences: Like enjoying the game and not stressing about a garbage metric.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

melodey.4652

Not PPTing has consequences: Like enjoying the game and not stressing about a garbage metric.

Hay I can enjoy a stress-free goodfightz lifestyle without spending 100+ gold on transfer fees and guild hopping when that didn’t work out… care to join me, the detoxifying sea mud facial Darkhaven Spa Special is next. Up next, bubble baths with [holy] and fish pedicure courtesy of [SPCA].

in WvW

Arius.7031

The week we won, that third week, we were actually losing the entire week until we kicked it into overdrive and started winning on Thursday. Your generalized assumptions might work for FC, but Darkhaven never has been a reset server. Losing makes us work harder. Losing our guilds made us work harder. When SF first entered T5 and kicked our teeth in for three days, we stepped it up and kicked back harder. I know PvEers who pulled all nighters to help us pull out some wins against you guys. We’re not perfect, we’re not as coordinated or as skilled as some servers, but we have made a habit of not backing down, and those that did have all left by now (and in some cases, transferred there and back again). We accomplish what we do with Pug commanders, PvX guilds, and only a handful of small WvW guilds. None of our guilds are as large as [LORD], [ZoS], [CoSa], or even [EDGE], but we have a lot of people who like the good fight and don’t give up in the face of a red sea. And we’ve been accumulating former DH again, now that the luster of season one (yay blues and greens) and transferring2win is over. We -are- getting better, despite it all.

QFT.

Dh isn’t like other servers. We may sound like romantic dreamers getting all sappy on everyone, but every word of this is true.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Hay I can enjoy a stress-free goodfightz lifestyle without spending 100+ gold on transfer fees and guild hopping when that didn’t work out… care to join me, the detoxifying sea mud facial Darkhaven Spa Special is next. Up next, bubble baths with [holy] and fish pedicure courtesy of [SPCA].

Well since you quoted me…

A. Still play on SF when I choose.
B. Didn’t guild hop, the guild reformed after the transfer.
C. Assuming you think you are even remotely talking to me Mels, please stop stalking and trying to think you know a situation, its embarrassing for you.
D. Its cute people on DH think they roam or enjoy fights, Maybe I will login to SF today and remind you that you are just another bag that wandered off from the pack?
E. BAAAAAAAAAGHAAAAAAAAAVEN

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

melodey.4652

C. Assuming you think you are even remotely talking to me Mels.
D. Its cute people on DH think they roam or enjoy fights, BAAAAAAAAAGHAAAAAAAAAVEN

A.Hay where’s my duel then if you can still wvw on SF.
B. Reformed is a cute way of putting it.
C. Dearest King, this post is a figment of your palatial imagination.
D. How many roamers did SF have, negative 2? Piggybacking to Maguuma two weeks ago doesn’t mean you get to chesthump about their server’s roamers.

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

D. Its cute people on DH think they roam or enjoy fights, BAAAAAAAAAGHAAAAAAAAAVEN

D. How many roamers did SF have, negative 2? Piggybacking to Maguuma two weeks ago doesn’t mean you get to chesthump about their server’s roamers.

Oh I see what game we are playing, you got some transfers that lost a GvG, ragequit, and now you think you know a story….

Let me enlighten you in part to my situation, whatever issues that guild experienced were there long before me. I assume you are taking info from people that spent 300g (xfer twice) to move around, and pointing it at me, as if I made a 150g mistake??? I like mags, the people I assume you are referencing transferred to your server to fight NSP…Not to PPT hug with your natives…LOL

I think when I used the word “reformed” I used it correctly, as the members in the guild that are on Maguuma “reformed” the guild to reflect the members that were still on the server rather than on 3 different servers.

You can stop with the subtle jabs at xferring, because IDGAF about anything remote to “server pride”. I play for enjoyment, not for allegiance to a server cluster. All of that mindset is just another subset of the PPT mentality, one that I have no subscribed to for a very long time fella….

SF actually has many good roamers, I am sorry you are having trouble finding them…Perhaps if you zerglings gave the PVdoor a break they might be more noticeable in the sea of bags you are following.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

melodey.4652

Oh I see what game we are playing, you got some transfers that lost a GvG, ragequit, and now you think you know a story….

Let me enlighten you in part to my situation, whatever issues that guild experienced were there long before me. I assume you are taking info from people that spent 300g (xfer twice) to move around, and pointing it at me, as if I made a 150g mistake??? I like mags, the people I assume you are referencing transferred to your server to fight NSP…Not to PPT hug with your natives…LOL

I think when I used the word “reformed” I used it correctly, as the members in the guild that are on Maguuma “reformed” the guild to reflect the members that were still on the server rather than on 3 different servers.

You can stop with the subtle jabs at xferring, because IDGAF about anything remote to “server pride”. I play for enjoyment, not for allegiance to a server cluster. All of that mindset is just another subset of the PPT mentality, one that I have no subscribed to for a very long time fella….

SF actually has many good roamers, I am sorry you are having trouble finding them…Perhaps if you zerglings gave the PVdoor a break they might be more noticeable in the sea of bags you are following.

Actually I had next to no information. But thanks for your enlightening paragraph. <333 I do wish you all the best in gold league. Enjoy the mounds of bags from T1 baddies.

I wish I had a sea of bags with SF stamped on them. Then I could afford my precursor. Maybe I should roam less and zerg more…

nah.

Attachments:

in WvW

Arius.7031

Lol you really hate Dh don’t ya? Sorry about what we did to you at the end of bronze league. Clearly that was quite traumatizing.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

It isn’t really a huge accomplishment but gongrats I suppose.

SF and DH both smell and they have bad roamers.

This thread is silly and you are all dumb and smelly for getting upset over it.

Seriously, you are talking about being walking bags when we know the only walking bags are GoM!

You all smell.

/endthread

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

melodey.4652

Seriously, you are talking about being walking bags when we know the only walking bags are GoM!

You all smell.

/endthread

[Yarr] is bad. /endthread

in WvW

Ynot.8397

You all smell.

/endthread

You are worse!

/endthreadx2

in WvW

melodey.4652

You all smell.

/endthread

You are worse!

/endthreadx2

At least I’m not vidded trying to 7v2 joe and mugi and losing. >__<
knock on wood.

in WvW

Ynot.8397

You all smell.

/endthread

You are worse!

/endthreadx2

knock on wood.

I have killed both mugi and joe 1v1 on a power necro!
#2legit2quit
edit: Link the vid!

in WvW

melodey.4652

You all smell.

/endthread

You are worse!

/endthreadx2

knock on wood.

I have killed both mugi and joe 1v1 on a power necro!
#2legit2quit

Wow trump card. :/ uncomfortable silence

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

[Yarr] is a zerg guild now, and that makes me sad.
I’ll always remember the times we shared at north camp. <3

in WvW

Ynot.8397

[Yarr] is a zerg guild now, and that makes me sad.
I’ll always remember the times we shared at north camp. <3

You won’t fight us!
#tacoislamenow

in WvW

Posted by: Thothkepara.2539

Thothkepara.2539

DH: If it were “skill” your opposing server’s scores would be closer to your own.

All the OP’s screenshot proves is that your server can cover off hours and that NSP and SF have the ability to fight back (and apparently succeed) when they are on.

in WvW

Posted by: Kayzi.9752

Kayzi.9752

[/quote]
Hay I can enjoy a stress-free goodfightz lifestyle without spending 100+ gold on transfer fees and guild hopping when that didn’t work out… care to join me, the detoxifying sea mud facial Darkhaven Spa Special is next. Up next, bubble baths with [holy] and fish pedicure courtesy of [SPCA].[/quote]

Good, because I could so use a bubble bath right about now. Not so sure about the fish pedicure, though.

Eh, what the heck you only live once.

Stalagta Team Faded – tM
NSP!

in WvW

Solstice.1097

We felt just as OP last week when on Thursday morning we woke up and were behind Anvil Rock, and we put waypoints in all 3 of their BL keeps. We went from 2nd place to more than a 10k lead in 12 hours during the day

But we didn’t come post about it and if we had, we’d probably get the same types of responses you’re seeing here.

Moral of the story is – I’m glad you had fun and hope to fight you soon!

in WvW

King Amadaeus.8619

Lol you really hate Dh don’t ya? Sorry about what we did to you at the end of bronze league. Clearly that was quite traumatizing.

Another self-proclaimed roamer talking of ppt….typical DH…

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

You know, it’s really unseemly when you brag about outnumbering your opponent in a particular time zone… You guys should recruit more NA/EU/OCE and try compete with T2 servers and see how your SEA stacks up against them.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI