Give WvW more PvP

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

In my opinion WvW lacks rewards for defending structures and fighting enemy players. Attacking and defending stategies are getting poorer, because attacking unprotected structures is more benificial.
The problem is the loot you get for capturing empty structures. You didn’t fight any enemy, but you get loot from veterans and champions which is equal or even more benificial than fighting enemy players.
Therefore whole servers are mobilizing a lot of players to play on times they know the enemy has few players. They run in a huge blob and flip structures on every map. This is widely known as PvD (player versus door), because there is hardly any enemy player they fight against and even if the 2-3 defenders should be able to destroy the siege of the attacking crowd, the attackers autoattack the door down, because they are so many. In EOTM this behavior is even worse. It became standard to capture structures in rotation.

In my opinion the rewards for capturing structures with high numbers of players are too high because of the lootbags and levels the NPCs give. Also the attacking event gives more benefits than defending.

My suggestions to improve the benefit for defending and fighting enemy players:

1. No loot from NPCs or limit the lootbags from NPCs in WvW according to their rank – For example 10 player get lootbags for veterans and 20 player get loot from champions. This way there is less loot in huge blobs and the same loot for small groups.
  2. Better balance the rewards for events in WvW – at the moment capturing a structure gives too much compared to defending a structure, killing or protecting dolyaks.
  3. Give less rewards per player the more players participate in an event – cut down the rewards of blobbing and improve the status of smaller groups.
  4. Do not allow lowlevels in WvW – they cannot even use all their skills and the upscaling of numbers doesn’t help, because they have white/green/blue armor and the least you should have is exotic armor.
  5. Make up a seperate WvW daily – this improves the motivation to go into WvW and equals the lack of rewards the players get because of the reward scaling of events. Also add tomes of knowledge to these daily rewards because leveling in WvW is not possible anymore.
  6. Increase the loot from player kills – because world vs world massively lacks loot compared to other gamemodes, loot should be increased for killing enemies. Especially badges should only be given for killing players, not npcs.

If you make it like this, blobbing up and turning in cricles would give less benefit than splitting up and run in smaller groups. Defending a structure would give you more rewards than capturing, because you will get at least one event while the attacker only gets one at most.

Some nice add-ons would be:

• Connect the quality of the loot dropped by a dead enemy to the WvW-Level of the enemy – by this good players get more of a challenge.
    I know high WvW level doesn’t necessarily mean high skill, but there is a good correlation between skill and experience.
  • Block waypoints on attacked structures for 20s (or the time it takes to make one shot with a trebouchet from max range) with overlapping timestamps – this way you also need scouts on structures with waypoints to stop the enemies from hitting doors.
  • Make it impossible to port to any waypoint while being within reach of a structure that is infight – make it harder for the defending/attacking crowd to get away once they see that they will loose the fight. This grants more lootbags when attacking a structure that is defended.

Benfits:

• more search for fights because this is the only way to get loot
  • less rewards to play in low-activity times – no enemy, no loot
  • more rewards for the not so popular events like pushing/killing dolyaks, defending structures
  • new strategies needed to attack better defended structures – I like complex situations

Risks:

• it might become even harder to capture structures against enemies with higher numbers
  • no loot, because the enemy runs away all the time or there is no enemy on the map in the times you play

I hope for a constructive discussion. Maybe some points could get more elaborate but I am convinced this would change the modus WvW to be more like a PvP modus than a PvE modus.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

(edited by Oak da Vite.9054)

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

1. No. I like my loot bags. I would like a system where the more people participate in the event, the less loot they get.
2. No. Do this and zergs will karma farm yaks.
3. No. Fix rally mechanic instead.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Risks:
1. Lesser people do WvW
2. Even lesser people do WvW.
3. Even Even lesser people do WvW.

You might want to review your suggestions.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: ActionRadius.3792

ActionRadius.3792

1. For more solo content on WvW there must be more solo PvE on maps, like nodes. Conquest’s.
2. Different in rewards is a must be. We need ppl to do some sort of things, rewards help us to play together.
3. ^
4. low lvls now got WvW abilities point’s and can be better than most of 80’s without spec.

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Anubis.9346

Anubis.9346

Now that there is EOTM, there is no point to accept low level in BL anymore.

Killing players should be more rewarded ie better loot. The more you kill ppl in a short time, the more your rewards are better.

Finally include a GvG mode who directly impact PPT of a server to enhance server loyaulty and competitive behavior.

Get Get [iNk] Insidious Blink

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Oak da Vite.9054

1. No. I like my loot bags. I would like a system where the more people participate in the event, the less loot they get.
2. No. Do this and zergs will karma farm yaks.
3. No. Fix rally mechanic instead.

I edited my first post to less drastic changes.

Risks:
1. Lesser people do WvW
2. Even lesser people do WvW.
3. Even Even lesser people do WvW.

You might want to review your suggestions.

I know more people not playing WvW anymore because of blobbing and karma-trains than people really having fun blobbing and running karma trains. I added the suggestion of a seperate WvW daily to motivate people to come to WvW.

4. low lvls now got WvW abilities point’s and can be better than most of 80’s without spec.

Well, I don’t think this works as intended and it only works for people already having spent much time in WvW.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Sieging a t3 object take hours even with 5-10 defenders. 1 treb and tons of sup ac and CU.
I think every object should have a fix tier level. For example: if i capture my sapwn tower thats automaticly become t2. If the enemy capture my spawn the tower will be t1. The upgrades should come and go when somebody flips a camp.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

No to most of this. WvW already lags behind PvE in terms of rewards so reducing them will only leave players more deflated.

Lets imagine the forum revolt if this ever made it into the game… ughhh.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Oak da Vite.9054

No to most of this. WvW already lags behind PvE in terms of rewards so reducing them will only leave players more deflated.

I don’t want the rewards to be reduced. I simply don’t like the method of running around in blobs an capturing empty structures to gain loot. Loot shoult be a reward for playing good and clever and beating the enemy by strategy and not for following a blue sign on the map without thinking. I edited the text to underline this.

Lets imagine the forum revolt if this ever made it into the game… ughhh.

It’s sad people got used to WvW as it is with running karma-trains and trying to capture things where there is no defence only to get loot.

My favourite hours in WvW were alway long fights with pushing enemies out of structures and long sieges with slowly draining them from having materials in their buildings. This implies often many PvP fights. But after 2 fights winning (not yet gaining the structure) there is hardly any loot, because it is always the same players running into death to defend their structures. Both parties should be more rewarded for epic fights like these and not hurt, because they play as intended and don’t blob into empty structures to get enough loot to make the time playing wothwhile.

Threfore defending should give more rewards and killing players as well.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

1. Do not allow lowlevels in WvW – they cannot even use all their skills and the upscaling of numbers doesn’t help, because they have white/green/blue armor and the least you should have is exotic armor.

No. Absolutely not. Yes, uplevels are really annoying to have next to you because they can be rallybots (level 80s can also be rallybots). Not allowing them though… man, I’d just rather tear my hair out if I, a PvP player, am forced into PvE to level. I absolutely hated in TESO that you gotta grind out 10 slow levels just to get to the PvP. It was so painful. Don’t make me have to grind out 80 levels in this game to do WvW.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Oak da Vite.9054

No. Absolutely not. Yes, uplevels are really annoying to have next to you because they can be rallybots (level 80s can also be rallybots). Not allowing them though… man, I’d just rather tear my hair out if I, a PvP player, am forced into PvE to level. I absolutely hated in TESO that you gotta grind out 10 slow levels just to get to the PvP. It was so painful. Don’t make me have to grind out 80 levels in this game to do WvW.

Well, I only have one lvl 80 character because I don’t like both:

• Leveling new Characters in PvE because I have already explored most of the map and done all kind of PvE-events and got to know the personal story.
  • Leveling in WvW because I don’t want to hurt my server and I don’t like karma-trains which is nothing else than PvE content on WvW maps.

The solution: Tomes of knowledge either for badges or with daily achievements.

I think it is fair to request from a player to level at least one character in PvE-content to level 80 (or at least 60) to get to know the game mechanics and the different aspects of PvE in this game.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]

(edited by Oak da Vite.9054)

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

It’s sad people got used to WvW as it is with running karma-trains and trying to capture things where there is no defence only to get loot.

It is not sad… that is how those players want to enjoy their time in GW2. EotM has been a wonderful “fix” to this problem. Karma farmers go there since it is a significantly faster method of farming.

GW2’s loot system is pathetic so modifying how players acquire loot in WvW won’t really change anything. Does anyone use any of the loot that drops aside from the crazy rare ascended which most of the time is relatively useless?

Meaningful change will only come when they change the objectives away from capture the flags onto something more meaningful and dynamic. Change will come when coverage and population density are no longer the main method of winning. Unfortunately after nearly two years we have seen nearly zero improvement on these fronts.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Give WvW more PvP

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I think it is fair to request from a player to level at least one character in PvE-content to level 80 (or at least 60) to get to know the game mechanics and the different aspects of PvE in this game.

Speaking of this game, it also has sPvP where players can also get to know the game mechanics. No PvE needed. Tomes of Knowledge help with leveling, but they aren’t a fair replacement for locking uplevels out of WvW. (How are uplevels supposed to obtain Tomes for badges?)

My only point is that if the goal is to increase PvP in WvW, it shouldn’t be done in a way that punishes players who have very little interest in PvE because then it has the effect of decreasing PvP in WvW.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast