Grats Anet, Confusion spam is back in wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Man, the game is just so much better these days.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

You are an ele in wvw with no boon duration nerf and you’re whining?

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Eles got healing, mobility, overall survivability, and already pitiful damage nerfed. So yeah, he has a right to whine about it.

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think eles got punched a little too hard with nerfs, but I think Anet did the same thing with a lot of the confusion changes. Confusion is one of those things that should counter thieves/eles, but I think eles could use some buffs.

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

“The new”Confusion spam only kills NOOBS that don’t know to equip stability/bring condi cleanse/dodge since it only activates on interrupts.So yeah,faceroll keyboard spam more skills to get chain interrupted.

Or …. maybe play smarter ?

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Ironic that mesmers have very limited condition clear and stability. I am sure it is a L2P issue <3

I suppose it is time to nerf confusion again. 50% across the board wasn’t enough anet. Time to go half again!

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well hope u are not blaming mesmers only for it as it is the problem with rune of perplexity that works with interrupts and ads 5 stacks of confusion for 10-15 seconds per interrupt with no icd. a stunlock warrior can put lots of stacks on u and so can engi and thief now. of course mesmers have interrupts too, but yeah confusion is sorta back which is ok after hitting for nothing before.
im sure they will nerf the runes and after that the stcks will be a little less. just dont spam buttons.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Ironic that mesmers have very limited condition clear and stability. I am sure it is a L2P issue <3

I suppose it is time to nerf confusion again. 50% across the board wasn’t enough anet. Time to go half again!

Yep, hearing alot of players also want a 20% reduction in Phantasm damage..I guess KILLING the Phantasm in 2 hits or dodging the attack is to hard for them. They would rather the Phantasm heal them or something or maybe attack the Mesmer…

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

well hope u are not blaming mesmers only for it as it is the problem with rune of perplexity that works with interrupts and ads 5 stacks of confusion for 10-15 seconds per interrupt with no icd. a stunlock warrior can put lots of stacks on u and so can engi and thief now. of course mesmers have interrupts too, but yeah confusion is sorta back which is ok after hitting for nothing before.
im sure they will nerf the runes and after that the stcks will be a little less. just dont spam buttons.

Yeah, we dont exactly have that many most we can get is 2 on weapons and a few on utility slots that are needed for other things most of the time. Anet will eventually get around to adding a ICD and knowing them it will be like 30seconds and make the set useless.

They should just change the 6/6 to increase confusion damage by 25% – EVERYONE that knows how to play removes the confusion, sends it back to its target anyway.

I met a warrior in WvW the other night i used a few attacks, interrupted him and then used CoF on him giving him 6 stacks and myself retal – he then decided to try and burst me down at this point he had about 17 stacks of Confusion – He burst himself into death and then moaned saying i was overpowered.

My reply was that ALL he needed to do was remove the condition or wait for a few seconds at which point like 10 of the stack would have fallen off thanks to Mesmers low duration with confusion but no he decided to try and burst me while he had 17 stacks and i had Retal and suddenly it was my fault that he doesn’t know how to play…

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

20 stacks of confusion on top bleeds/burn/etc………

in WvW

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Eles got healing, mobility, overall survivability, and already pitiful damage nerfed. So yeah, he has a right to whine about it.

Yet still in every GvG matchup, eh?

in WvW

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Confusion needed to come back into World vs World…Because people were just spamming abilities….

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

At least this time it’s not mesmers spamming confusion. It’s everyone.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Yes, everyone, because in WvW everyone plays warrior, mesmer or necro these days. So basically you are right.

Well you see some guardians and the usual d/p baddies on their thieves.

Honestly I dont care about confusion. If you die from it, you deserve it. Only problem is that stun spamming warriors can negate a fight completely. Usually I just jeave them.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in WvW

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

Yeah but it’ll be us Mesmers that get the nerf when it finally comes. :p

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

in WvW

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Imbues Diversion + Chaotic Interruption + Chaos Storm + Runes of Perplexity = surprisingly funny.

Add a few Shatter recharge effects and a Necromancer with Epidemic and you got a hell of an AoE nightmare.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

(edited by Castaliea.3156)

in WvW

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Yeah but it’ll be us Mesmers that get the nerf when it finally comes. :p

Yep lol

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

i’ve seen three people use perplexity runes and it hasnt struck me as op so far

:?

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Engi’s… it’s the engi’s that are just destroying people w/ the perplexity runes. lol

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You guys whine too much.

1. Eles are fine in WvW. Stop complaining about ANET taking a totally OP class and making it more in line with the others
2. Confusion is easy to deal with. I’d take a permanent stack of confusion at all times over all the siege damage these days.

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Engi’s… it’s the engi’s that are just destroying people w/ the perplexity runes. lol

Yes for 15 chars

in WvW

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

OP is implying that zergs have everyone running perplexity runes.

Group of 30 encounters another group of 30 at the ruins in a borderland are they going wait guys watch out for confusion spam? No lol.

These runes are no where near to confusion spam like pre glamour and confusion nerf.

OP runs glass d/d ele anyway any build able to stack more than 3 condis and interrupt his ether renewal would give his build problems.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

It really is kitten near everyone running condi confuse builds now. I even fought a condi ele running confusion spam. Was ridiculous. Part of the problem with the current confusion spam is torment. The combination of the two means there is nothing to do. If you kite out the confuse, torment kills you. If you try to clear your conditions, confuse kills you. If you sit there doing nothing, anything kills you.

Confusion spam by itself is overpowered and horrible for the game. Confusion + torment makes it so you might as well just /sit and wait to die.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: JaeKeun.5680

JaeKeun.5680

“The new”Confusion spam only kills NOOBS that don’t know to equip stability/bring condi cleanse/dodge since it only activates on interrupts.So yeah,faceroll keyboard spam more skills to get chain interrupted.

I’m so sick and tired of this garbage excuse.

“Your strategy only works against NOOBS that don’t know how to equip boon strip / immobilize / cover conditions.”

Theoretically there is a counter for everything in this game. Realistically they are not going to be readily available 24/7. However, people like you seem to convieniently leave that out in your scientific explanations.

“BUT JUST DONT DO ANYTHING FOR 5 SEC LOL CONDI RUDATION SO LO” Yeah, while you’re taking 2k damage / sec from other conditions?

kittenin’ smart.

Eon Ruby – Thief | Casaedrea – Elementalist
Die unendlichen Weiten, das Unbekannte; das Wilde.
Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

kittenin’ smart.

Yeah !You should try to live up to that phrase sometimes

*Google GW2/Boons/Stability

*Youre Welcome!

*After that go make a thread about how Stability is op and is completely negating any condi spam
/ mindblown
/ thread

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You guys whine too much.

1. Eles are fine in WvW. Stop complaining about ANET taking a totally OP class and making it more in line with the others
2. Confusion is easy to deal with. I’d take a permanent stack of confusion at all times over all the siege damage these days.

spoken as someone who’s probably only played thief and has never touched another profession. Eles were never overpowered. People just didn’t know how to play back then and were still getting used to the game. Everyone is used to the eles tricks now and know what they do. So it’s no longer surprising and easy to counter. After all the nerfs, they’re absolute garbage. Play as every single other class and then come back to ele. The weakness of the class is obvious. You have to do 10 times the work to accomplish what other classes can do in a single button press and still are mediocre compared to them. And with the recent buffs to all other classes, ele is in a very bad spot now. Even if they reversed all the previous nerfs it would still be inferior to other classes now. They need to not only reverse the nerfs, but significantly buff the class as well afterwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

kittenin’ smart.

*Youre Welcome!

*After that go make a thread about how Stability is op and is completely negating any condi spam
/ mindblown
/ thread

They’re talking about Confusion (and conditions for the matter) and you’re talking about Stability?

I think you’re confused.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

confusion

stuns

it all looks the same from guardian country

in WvW

JaeKeun.5680

kittenin’ smart.

*Youre Welcome!

/ mindblown
/ thread

And, in return I could say that you should

Google GW2/Boons/Boon Removal

Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Why do people making dumb comments tell others to play smarter?

The ease and speed of putting the confusion on with the runes far outpaces the ability of others to avoid/cleanse it.

It needs an ICD of some kind and they need to change it so that dodge traits do not trigger confusion. Damage itself is fine I think.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

kittenin’ smart.

*Youre Welcome!

/ mindblown
/ thread

They’re talking about Confusion (and conditions for the matter) and you’re talking about Stability?

I think you’re confused.

I think he is pointing out that having stability up would negate the interrupt, and the confusion from the runes.

Mag Server Leader

(edited by King Amadaeus.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I don’t know how you can die to confusion as an ele. Even before the confusion nerf, I didn’t stand much change against better eles on my confusion shatter mesmer. Rookies of course just spammed till they were down. Direct damage performed much better against the more experienced opponents.
Confusion does only so much more damage than say bleeding.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Been out of commission for a while in WvW. Can someone fill me in on the current Confusion changes?

Eles were never overpowered. People just didn’t know how to play back then and were still getting used to the game. Everyone is used to the eles tricks now and know what they do. So it’s no longer surprising and easy to counter. After all the nerfs, they’re absolute garbage. Play as every single other class and then come back to ele.

Whoa there… prior to the nerfs decent bunker D/D eles were nigh unkillable by anything short of 2-3 good players. They also poured on the damage and still managed to be highly group friendly. I agree they weren’t OP but early elementalists were on par with early mesmers in the power class category. The class as it is today is a shadow of its former self. I do agree that the class has a higher degree of difficulty to master than most other classes at least on the D/D side.

Even after the nerfs a well played D/D ele is fearsome in skirmish play. They still have great fields, good combat mobility, great group condition removal, good heals, nice group buffs, shared auras, more skills on tap than any other class, heavy AoE and decent control. Even their once paltry elite skills has given rise to a staple of WvW life with the Fiery Greatsword. When it comes to siege, they can whip out a staff and become a power siege class that is really easy to play.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Is this a delayed thread about the runes of perplexity?

If so, then the argument of stabilty to confusion is somewhat valid since it wouldn’t apply the confusion to you if you have stability.

That being said, confusion is easily avoided, especially if you actually have condition clears and heals, etc that an ele has. Since the new runes come out, I haven’t had a single issue with lots of stacks of confusion from interupts, and I’m a mesmer that runs NO stability OR condition removal. What seems to happen a lot on the forums is someone doesn’t have a good fight, gets 15-20 stacks of confusion on them and then dies from not pulling back for a short time, then they come and say how OP it is (not just tlaking about confusion, but many many many things). The rune’s really aren’t all that bad, especially since the person basically has to focus on interupts..so if you notice they’re using the runes, take advantage of that

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

If you think Out of Attunement needs to l2p, you are definitely mistaken… confusion is very strong right now, especially considering how easy it is to massively stack a person up.

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

If you think Out of Attunement needs to l2p, you are definitely mistaken… confusion is very strong right now, especially considering how easy it is to massively stack a person up.

If you think I wasn’t being facetious then your sarcasm meter is way out of alignment.

Perplex runes are pretty op, take a unique class feature and give it to everyone and basically cheapen Mesmers.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Master of Timespace.2548

Just how does he die to confusion then? Because I’ve fought many people who don’t main their ele or anything , and know very well how to deal with confusion mesmers. Confusion really just doesnt do more damage than bleeding, unless if you spam like hell ofc.
Bleeding: (0.05 * Condition Damage) + 42.5 per stack
Confusion: (0.075 * Condition Damage) + 65 per stack

(edited by Master of Timespace.2548)

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

How’d I know this would happen? Oh, right, Confusion’s the frigging bogeyman around these parts. Now, I’ve always maintained that Confusion shouldn’t proc on any non-offense action (non-damaging dodges/attunement swaps, etc.). Past that, let’s be honest here. Those Runes help out Mesmers, sure … but Mesmers wouldn’t need that manner of “help” if folk didn’t QQ for months about Confusion. In addition, Perplexity sets help out any Condition-friendly class, tbh. Let alone Condition-specced folk who can Interrupt.
In short, they’re an option. One that anyone with the in-game loot can use. And the truth is, we -as players- rather need more options, not less.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in WvW

oZii.2864

I know Out of Attunement and you also convenant. What he is stating in the OP is not true though Confusion spam with glamour mesmers you could kill alot of people with a few mesmers. Now with these runes?

You can kill 1 person if your a engi and get a good interrupt a few more. Its not spam, in small 5v5 and small man roaming it is strong but when you get larger numbers or zergy battles this rune hardly matters. Before it didnt matter how many people you had because feedback, nullfield, portal, veil ignored the 5 person limit so you could stack good amounts of confusion (with its old damage) and it was enough to kill alot of people.

{Thief}

in WvW

JaeKeun.5680

I know Out of Attunement and you also convenant. What he is stating in the OP is not true though Confusion spam with glamour mesmers you could kill alot of people with a few mesmers. Now with these runes?

You can kill 1 person if your a engi and get a good interrupt a few more. Its not spam, in small 5v5 and small man roaming it is strong but when you get larger numbers or zergy battles this rune hardly matters. Before it didnt matter how many people you had because feedback, nullfield, portal, veil ignored the 5 person limit so you could stack good amounts of confusion (with its old damage) and it was enough to kill alot of people.

If it doesn’t matter in zerg warfare but completely destroys small group combat why on earth wouldn’t you change it?

Ehmry Bay.

in WvW

Master of Timespace.2548

If it doesn’t matter in zerg warfare but completely destroys small group combat why on earth wouldn’t you change it?

Yeah, why nerf d/p thief?

in WvW

Posted by: Jharkin.9357

Jharkin.9357

I’ve been playing around with rune of perplexity + distracting strikes on my bunker hammer warrior for about a week. It seems effective, but not overly op. In organized zergs if they are cced (interrupted) they are usually dead because they are chained stunned and can’t mitigate direct damage. First thing I notice good guilds doing is pop stability. Problem solved.

It actually seems more effective in 1v1 then zergs surprisingly. Fights last a bit longer, particularly with a bunker build then most stability lasts. I’m not particularly good at 1v1 and am able to hold my own pretty well with confusion in the mix.

Against a decent player I’m really only able to land one application of confusion :

http://youtu.be/wuidDAoqFtg

Against a bad player I’m able to pile on 25 stacks, which I don’t really even need.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well the problem with those runes is the 10 sec duration. its way to much and with food gets quite overwhelming if u are in a zerg fight where other conditions hit u like a truck too. glam confusion last around 3-5 sec(without food or duration gear), 5 stack for 10 sec(without food or gear) is pretty long. so yeah i see anerf coming for that rune, but i hope they dont render it useless like they id with tormenting rune……

but i gotta say im happy confusion has a little comback now…

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Mirsa.1628

Mirsa.1628

You guys whine too much.

Wrong. Stop posting inaccurate information when you don’t know what you’re talking about.

[GS] Gun Squad
Guild Master

in WvW

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

How hard is it for you guys to map sheathe/unsheathe to a key and then put your weapon away when you get smacked with a ton of confusion? That way you’ll stop killing yourself. Or use your stability skills?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

Perplexity is too strong by any measure.

Also, ele’s don’t have the cleanses that people here think they do. It’s REALLY easy to con overload an ele. The OP is a better player than 99% of WvW posters, so it’s funny to see people say l2p.

That said, 1v1 should never be the goal of balancing. Ideally they should aim for somewhere between 5v5-10v10 balance, but I doubt they’re even balancing for WvW ruleset.

in WvW

oZii.2864

Huh? who said it completely destroys small group combat? I said its stronger in small group combat as in amplified there are alot of mechanics in this game that are amplified in smaller man combat and have very little impact on larger combat and vice verse but usually if a tactic is strong in large combat is alot stronger in smaller combat.

Quick might stacking is effective in small man but requires more fire fields in large combat I always chuckle when I see 20 people standing inside 1 ring of fire lol.

Conditions are usually not as big a factor in larger combat as they are in smaller combat because of active and passive cleanses going off all the time.

There are many many more if you start to dig into actual class abilities, combo fields, and popular builds.

Anyway this issue is really small but people can keep making threads and maybe they will get it nerfed this is the second thread on this rune the first one disappeared to about page 3 about 2 days after it was made. This when has over 2k views and 45 replies many of which are the same people for or against so I don’t think the rune really lives up to the hype that is being presented as far as its power goes its not a crisis that is destroying WvW.

So if your space is small group roaming then I am sure many people will have a problem with it but that is not the majority judging by the amount of views vs replies.

This isn’t even close to the 100’s of nerf stealth threads that seem to have died off a bit.

{Thief}

in WvW

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

Perplexity is over the top. Fighting against and with it makes it a game of “who gets the first interrupt plus 1-2 cover conditions”.
The stacks are too easy to apply (frequently), too hard to remove (confusion has low removal priority) and there’re too much of them. The long duration basically disables any chance to outlast confusion by kiting/not casting any skills (or not even dodging for some classes) which is usually a possible way to react to numerous confusion stacks.

Got these runes for two characters and still would be happy if they’d get nerfed or even removed. I don’t say you can’t outplay the runes, but the reward for proccing #6 is out of bounds. Plus #4 alone is already a valuable proc for a condition rune set.

in WvW

Posted by: Red Monks Wrath.8602

Red Monks Wrath.8602

Nerf these runes now please ANet, borderline kittening r e kitten e d, whoever approved these should be fired. G kittenin’ G.

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

perplexity dosent work in zergs true, but then again neither does any other rune that focus’s conditions, out side of zerging nothing compares to how good runes of perplexity are, also how many people/time has been spent trying to justify small team roaming and playing in wvw over zerging, that’s right a kitten load so all the people trying to say that this runes dosent need a nerf simply because its not effective in zergs are probably the roamers getting around using the kitten outta it and don’t want to get a nerf.

p.s. i main engi and been loving the kitten out of this rune, i say it needs a nerf because its a build defining rune, builds are defined by a class not a rune.

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube