Guardian WvW Zerging Build?

in WvW

Posted by: The Baws.5164

The Baws.5164

Hey guys,

I’ve just finished levelling my new Guardian to 80 and I want a build which is pretty cheap to do, and is primarily based around WvW Zerging content. Preferably GS/Staff, but also a build which doesn’t do horribly in PvE, nothing special though as I use my Warrior or Engi for that.

Do any of you know a cheap WvW Zerg build?

Thanks,
Baws.

Immersed in Blood [TEA]
Drunken Alliance [DKAL]
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Hey guys,

I’ve just finished levelling my new Guardian to 80 and I want a build which is pretty cheap to do, and is primarily based around WvW Zerging content. Preferably GS/Staff, but also a build which doesn’t do horribly in PvE, nothing special though as I use my Warrior or Engi for that.

Do any of you know a cheap WvW Zerg build?

Thanks,
Baws.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJAWRlUgyCXFSMEf4ES2DRCBTQsHY0H1RXFcIA-jECBoNBi+AILqIaslRht6KalXBRnET9iIqWIgvjBA-w

Feel free to use exotics instead of the ascended pieces of course. Fairly cheap build.

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

(edited by Aeonblade.8709)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

That build works wonder in group, you’re a constant source of buffs and heals, I use a similar build in WvW lately.

However it doesn’t work a lot in PvE because the damage output is small (but you won’t never fall either, so as long you’re not looking to have arguments with dungeon speedrunners you’re fine )

If you want to go a bit on the damage side, you can use this (I used exotics instead of ascendend, I never knew ascended as “cheap” ^^)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQJASWlcgqCnFyMEm4ESWBRC7BGlRd01jECDZIA-jkyAYrARcAoPQJwioxWZLiGraBTVmI1pQt3QRzfIULFATKjA-w

0 / 0 / 30 / 30 / 10 Hammer and Staff, mainly Knight with some zerk trinkets and zerk weapons if you like have some more damage. I use this build on “easy” runs in WvW and in dungeons. Survivability is on the low side of the bar, of course.

However, remind that you’re never the primary source of damage in a zerg, but a Guardian that falls easily is a shame to the profession.

My suggestions: have a bit of everything. I have 4 different sets of armour (Soldier, Valkyrie, Knight and Clerics), ~20 weapons (Soldier and Berserker of all, Hammer and GS in double copy as I have always a Bloodlust stacking weapon) and ~20 trinkets (see armour), I just adjust myself to the situation.

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

(edited by Dawntree.7246)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I would recommend the first over the second, AH is a very selfish trait that heals for a minimal amount and more then likey will not save you. Its a personal preferance of course but I find the first build to be more group friendly with the stin breaks and of course more Stability is a good thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Of course the first build works better in group, I wrote as a first sentence in my post however the OP asked for something viable also in PvE and I don’t find the 0 / 0 / 10 / 30 / 30 cleric’s to be the best in PvE

Personal preference ;-)

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

in WvW

Posted by: Aeonblade.8709

Aeonblade.8709

Of course the first build works better in group, I wrote as a first sentence in my post however the OP asked for something viable also in PvE and I don’t find the 0 / 0 / 10 / 30 / 30 cleric’s to be the best in PvE

Personal preference ;-)

You are correct, usually I’ll switch to DPS Healway for PvE/solo roam because you only have to swap out a few gear pieces and still retain a decent amount of group support and self healing for PvE

Anarai Aeonblade [GASM] – Guardian – DB
RIP my fair Engi and Ranger, you will be missed.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi

I have ran both of the builds above extensively, frontline, back support, commanding, multitude of roles.

eventually, I ended up compromising between the 2 and I currently run 0 0 30 20 20.

I have the freedom of going more Bunker, more Support, or more DPS with just switching gear and some of the major traits and utility skills.

Also, the person that posted that AH is a negligible heal could not be more wrong. In fully buffed bunker mode with around 550ish healing power, and 23k hp, my staff#4 heals me for 80% to 90% (there is some RNG and/or other factors which cause variance) of my entire healthbar. It is only useless if you are roaming with less then 5 people or your team mates are out of range. But if you are the very front, or command, it is a great tool to use.

For PvE as well as backline support I switch to my zerk with traveller’s runes armor while retaining PvT or Clerics jewelry / weapons for WvW, or go full zerk for dungeon runs. I also switch out of AH for PvE but do not retrait, just go something more DPS / Offense friendly.

The main thing is really having the extra stability from virtues, the extra cleansing not really worth it as everyone has some sort of cleansing of their own, its the lack of stability that prevents some classes/professions from executing those cleanses.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

AH is awesome if you have half decent healing power. Lol

Commander Nachonix