Guild Wars 2? Or Guerrilla Wars 2?

in WvW

Posted by: MindfulPerson.5273

MindfulPerson.5273

Who enjoys laggy WvW wars, where there is no order or structure?

Unorganized battles drags the war on longer. We can only conquer a town if our enemy makes mistakes or gets lazy and doesn’t defend an area.

Have there been any commanders or effort by players to make battle units?
I want to be a commander, but would anyone take me seriously?

I’ve witnessed the “Stack” Tactic, and it is unbelievable. It is successful, and now I want to employ the Age of Empires tactics as well.

We could have Guardians and Warriors charge the Fort or battle lines. And then 10 seconds later thieves would sneak in and disrupt the enemy infrastructure. They would stealth in the middle of battle while the enemies worry about fighting against the charging warriors and guardians.

On the left side, we have rangers and engineers flanking the enemy. And on the right side, elementalists, mesmers, and necromancers would flank the enemy on the other side.

Why can’t warfare be organized? I think it would be fun.
What is the point of having Catapults, Trebuchets, and Siege Rams…
It’s like Age of Empires.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: MagiKarp.8201

MagiKarp.8201

Warfare is chaotic, I don’t think warfare has ever been as organised as you think it is.

Try a different server if you finding it stale, I can tell you my guild/server is able to take forts and defend them regardless of enemy numbers inside / outside.

Organised Chaos is the best kind of organisation.

Magikarps Norn Ele – becuz leopard
Blackgate WvW Commander
Vanguard of Exiled Mercenaries [MERC] voem.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: MindfulPerson.5273

MindfulPerson.5273

The Law of Entropy says that all order eventually deteriorates into disorder. Organized Chaos implies no organisation.

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

The Law of Entropy says that all order eventually deteriorates into disorder. Organized Chaos implies no organisation.

Lol…no one is talking about entropy. Way to try and sound smart though, except:

1) There is no Law of Entropy. It’s a concept, not a law, and is derived from the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

2) That is an oversimplified, and ultimately incorrect understanding of entropy. Entropy is more appropriately conceptualized as microstates of all atoms and molecules that can exist within a system. This understanding of entropy is consistent with the reason why hydrophobic substances such as oil spontaneously group together when in contact with water.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma

(edited by deathTouch.9706)

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Running a tight blob is the most successful WvW formation.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Running a tight blob is the most successful WvW formation.

It’s sad bad true.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Why can’t warfare be organized? I think it would be fun.

Of course it can. Just not on the level you’d like it to be. There’s no forced melee collision detection in GW2 so you can’t have frontline that can hold off enemy thus protecting range dpsers. It is often the case when two opposing raids have their melee squads go right through each other on initial push, leaving only inexperienced players from both sides downed at the point of collision.
You can’t have a kind of static formations and relatively slow evolutions while preserving formation in GW2 as in, say, naval battles. It is much more dynamic. Which is both the greatest part of it and what causes it to be (or look like) more chaotic.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

2) That is an oversimplified, and ultimately incorrect understanding of entropy. Entropy is more appropriately conceptualized as microstates of all atoms and molecules that can exist within a system. This understanding of entropy is consistent with the reason why hydrophobic substances such as oil spontaneously group together when in contact with water.

Colloquially, Entropy is known as the basic breakdown of order into disorder over time, just as he said. If we were talking thermodynamics, you would be right; unfortunately, we are talking about strategies to kill people in an MMO. While taking the time to look down your nose at other people, feel free to use the glasses planted there so you see clearly.

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: deathTouch.9706

deathTouch.9706

Colloquially, Entropy is known as the basic breakdown of order into disorder over time, just as he said. If we were talking thermodynamics, you would be right; unfortunately, we are talking about strategies to kill people in an MMO. While taking the time to look down your nose at other people, feel free to use the glasses planted there so you see clearly.

“Law of Entropy” is a layman reference to the physical definition of the term.

V deathTouch V – Warrior
STD [Scarlet Gave Me Harpies]
Maguuma