Guilds that GvG

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: CAA.9653

CAA.9653

Q:

There has recently been a thread showing an Anet Dev interfering with a GvG, and I couldn’t help but notice the attitude some people have towards GvG. If you would like to read about what happened, refer to the link below, but this post is not about that. This post is to inform players about the guilds who enjoy GvG.

Most people are pretty indifferent about GvG from what I have observed, but there are people who are totally against it. Their complaint is that GvGs attract people to the map who are not contributing, defending, sieging, or getting PPT. Furthermore, I believe that the majority of WvW guilds are not opposed to GvG in its current form, and understand that it is a way for guilds to challenge themselves and keep the game interesting.

Now lets consider guilds that GvG in WvW. Guilds who GvG consider themselves World v World guilds, or at least WvW oriented.

These WorldvWorld guilds that GvG are the same guilds that log on either several times a week, or even every freaking day for several hours to defend, siege, or get PPT. These are the guilds who quite honestly, probably contribute to the server ranking a lot more than most of you. These are the guilds that show up, and made the commitment to defend keeps and towers even if they do not really want to. They show up even if they know their servers may loose at the end of the week by 50k+ points and that their effort is, at the end of the week, is meaningless.

These WorldvWorld guilds that GvG are the same guilds who build a server community. There is not such thing as a PvE community outside of your own guild. There are literally dozens of PvE guilds in every server, and nobody cares about them. They could leave the server, disband, quit the game, and nobody would notice. That is not the case with WvW guilds, especially in mid ranked and low ranked servers. Players know each other, know commanders, know guilds leaders, and know guilds. Server pride comes from WvW guilds, and the GvG scene helps build a stronger server community. Even if your server is loosing match ups against higher ranked servers with more coverage, we take pride in knowing that our guilds can go toe to toe with guilds from other servers, and that if it wasn’t for lack of coverage the score would be much closer. WvW guilds take pride in this, and support each other in this aspect. In fact, one of the most active threats in this website is the unofficial GvG thread, linked below.

Meanwhile, the casual player who is not in a WvW dedicated guild, can simply choose not to play WvW when their server is loosing, and only show up when they face a server they know their home server can beat up on. These are often the same players who complain about GvGs, and argue that they are not contributing to the server or PPT.

So on behalf of people who enjoy GvG, please be respectful to players who want to take a couple of hours out of the week from defending PPT, which is meaningless in itself, to enjoy the game in the manner they want to. If you see players near the windmill, and they ask you not to interfere, be respectful. And by all means stay and watch. You might like what you see.

Anet DevTrolling GvG:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Some-ANET-interfered-with-our-GvG/first

Unofficial GvG Thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/events/Unofficial-GvG-Scene-Thread

Guardian – Cameid, but my friends call me Cam

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

agree with u very much on this. most of our gvg guilds contribute a ton of ppt every day. i dont even know when they have a gvg, because right after they are back on the field defending and capping. people that are against gvg seem to just not get the point of certain guilds that keep running into each other on the field, might wanna have a gvg.

my guild had multiple guilds we kept running into and had a lot of requests for a gvg after. but my guild doesnet do gvg.
so u know lets say this one guild runs into yours over and over and u smashed them quite some times. well maybe u surprised them or u had an advantage. then that guild wants a gvg where u dont have a tower to run back into and no surprise flank from nowhere.
so yeah there u can see different pushtactics and all that. it is also good to learn new tactics u can use out on the field. i really dont see why people hat gvg so much.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Only the minority dislikes GvG, from my experience they tend to just be guildless trolls, PvE casuals and Anet employers.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

There is no competitive organized large scale fighting in this game and people helped themselves with GvG for what Anet didnt deliver in the first place when they decided WvW should be a casual-only game mode that is won by the bigger wvw-active server population. That is also why nobody cares about PPT except in T1 anymore, because its not a fair game and absolutely intended so. If they change this, bring a competitive large-scale gamemode – organized WvW will die instantly, they are probably aware of this.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Xom.9264

There is no competitive organized large scale fighting in this game and people helped themselves with GvG for what Anet didnt deliver in the first place when they decided WvW should be a casual-only game mode that is won by the bigger wvw-active server population. That is also why nobody cares about PPT except in T1 anymore, because its not a fair game and absolutely intended so. If they change this, bring a competitive large-scale gamemode – WvW will die instantly, they are probably aware of this.

Yes WvW would die in a second if they did add GvG mode….. just remove the bloodlust buff and WvW/GvG can live side by side as they should.

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I actually added “organized” to “WvW would die” – i guess you would still find the new players and casuals and their commanders, also people who want rewards and cant be kitten d to PVE – its interesting for a while, just not in the long run because its not competitive.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Xom.9264

- its interesting for a while, just not in the long run.

+1 I found many of the active PPT players eventually get into GvG and open field fights.

Thats the end game for all PvP MMOs eventually people want to test themselves against other great players in even fights.

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Moon.6371

Moon.6371

Do we really need new GvG threads every few days were content is nothing but GvGers telling the world how special they are?

You guys must have very few things in live that make you feel important, if you need a new thread every few days with walls of text basically stating all the same. Please, next guy with the brilliant idea to open a thread to “inform” the world how unloved, unwanted and unrecognized you as a GvGer feel , please just dont do it.

It gets old, ladies… are you really that desperate for drama?

I`ve watched that Anet interference GvG vid and the only really sad drama to me is the friggin terribad PvP play I`ve had to watch. I had the feeling these guys had too few computer periphals at hand and one half of the crew was using mice only, while the other one was making first steps at their keyboard while using no mice at all.

Please GvG community, spend less timing whining and arguing, that time would be much better spend by actually learning to play. You know, good players usually don`t have to prove anything or to “inform” their communities that they are any good.

And yeah, call me guildless pug, PvE casual or whatever you want. I guess it`s easier that way for you guys.

[Buka] Koma Grey
[Buka] Mojo Monkey Man
Kodash

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Kaleygh.1524

Kaleygh.1524

Do we really need new GvG threads every few days were content is nothing but GvGers telling the world how special they are?

You guys must have very few things in live that make you feel important, if you need a new thread every few days with walls of text basically stating all the same. Please, next guy with the brilliant idea to open a thread to “inform” the world how unloved, unwanted and unrecognized you as a GvGer feel , please just dont do it.

So, if i get this right, they cannot express their opinion, and you have every right to tell them what to post and what not to post just because you hate gvg.
You sound like a very special person also)
As for comparing gvgs to spvp, i`d rather stay in a hammer train than in a circle. (insert “lolesport” joke here)

Kaleygh – MNMN
3 wvw kills

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: TCDJ.5378

TCDJ.5378

It gets old, ladies… are you really that desperate for drama?

I`ve watched that Anet interference GvG vid and the only really sad drama to me is the friggin terribad PvP play I`ve had to watch. I had the feeling these guys had too few computer periphals at hand and one half of the crew was using mice only, while the other one was making first steps at their keyboard while using no mice at all.

Please GvG community, spend less timing whining and arguing, that time would be much better spend by actually learning to play. You know, good players usually don`t have to prove anything or to “inform” their communities that they are any good.

And yeah, call me guildless pug, PvE casual or whatever you want. I guess it`s easier that way for you guys.

I prefer not to resort to personal attacks.

There’s a lot more to GvG than meets the eye. Of course there are some bad guilds giving GvG a try, but there’s also a lot of very good ones. I can watch the same GvG from a guild like Everything Purple, VII or Second Law over and over again and recognize new patterns and things going on every time.

There’s a lot of factors involved like synchronized damaged, periphery play (backline/free castings) and counters to it (thiefs, rifle warriors), and of course a lot of tactics like faking veils, to waste their cooldowns, focusing leaders to disorganize the enemy and more. All of these come back in regular WvW combat one way or another.

I’m not saying guilds participating in GvG are per definition better than those who don’t. However, practice makes perfect, and GvG allows you to practice extremely well.

Here’s a couple of videos of GvG guilds playing regular WvW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODMDRLsglb4
Second Law

Good Fights

Now you can call this “terribad PvP” as much as you want, but fact is that in both videos a GvG guild takes out an enemy zerg significantly larger than their own group. They must be doing something better than their enemies to wipe them like that.

All GvG guilds ask for is a way to compare their skill. For that they need a leveled playing ground. The area below south camp is as much out of the way as possible, and any player – whether it’s a PPT player, a roamer, someone doing map completion or someone who’s afk – has the same right to a que spot as any other.

However, it seems like everything is being done to take that away from them. It hurts when you’re just trying to have fun with like-minded players and changes to the game make that much harder.

I agree that some members of the GvG community are going way overboard. But that’s a vocal minority. The rest of the community just wants to have even fights every now and then to see where they stand compared to other guilds.

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

That is also why nobody cares about PPT except in T1 anymore,

Most of T1 hasn’t cared about PPT in a very long while either.

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

This is Guild Wars, there will be no fighting other guilds!

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

This issue is not about GvG but about GvG supporters.

Like in any group of people, most are decent human beings, but several are ….annoying and demanding whiners. And they are the most vocal. It’s the same with PvErs, with SAB lovers, with Fractal runners and any other group of players. With thief players, with Ele players or Ranger players. Check any forum here and you will see what I mean.

Unfortunately people form their perception of a group by observing this vocal and visible minority. Which is not to the advantage of the real GvG supporting group. And let me say – they are extremely vocal and irritating.

I’ve know many top end GvGers from GW1 (thought hardly been one myself – I think the highest I’ve been was 20). Guess what – they were all nice people, respectful of others. Many of them came to SBI – they were extremely frustrated with the lack of GvG, however they understood it was a dev choice. Some stayed, many of them left. None started making angry posts on the main forums (though they might have done on our private forums to vent their frustrations).

So it’s nothing about being against the concept of GvG. But some of the people that defend the concept on these forums are really unlikable – and they do not help their cause.

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Dont worry about this guy, hes in Buka, from what ive seen its a guild who like to roam in wvw and think they are amazing, I have encountered them several times leaving me dissapointed and you should take your own advice about learning to play.

And im sure you have never taken part of a GvG in GW2, so I dont get why you even bother replying, you clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

I have GvG’d but no longer. While many arguments here have merit and validity, be mindful that you are GvGing within a conflict zone (i.e.: the map you are in since all maps are conflict zones by definition). That said, getting trainlolrolled during an an actual GvG match should have always been a given possibility no matter your position on GvGs. Anet needs to create a GvG zone within the WvWvW instead of pushing GvG’ers off to PvP land….

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Amy.4520

Amy.4520

I suggested an instanced zone for GvG recently that was moved to the “Suggestion” forums. If ANet would implement such an idea, there would be no conflict between WvW guilds who enjoy occasionally honing their skills against each other and players who feel everyone in the Borderlands should be working toward taking and defending objectives. (I think both are valid points, so I am terribly conflicted!)
Please take a moment to add your support to the idea:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Suggestion-GvG-Instanced-Arena/first#post2943131
Thanks!

~ Yak’s Bend ~

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

The complaints I saw about GvG were about losses in WvW when GvG was going on. WvW shouldn’t lose anything because of GvG. If the guilds are organized enough to fight GvG, they should be able to keep losses in WvW from happening when they do it.

For the Toast!

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Xom.9264

The complaints I saw about GvG were about losses in WvW when GvG was going on. WvW shouldn’t lose anything because of GvG. If the guilds are organized enough to fight GvG, they should be able to keep losses in WvW from happening when they do it.

GvG is even number fights 15 of us actually had 25 of them tied up in the GvG or watching and got trolled for not helping our server its was a known chat troll of course. There is no logic behind the GvG hate, all the WvW guilds on ET understand and dont troll our GvGs because they see us doing WvW 99% of the time anyway.

Its just a small minority of casual WvW trolls and Anet Devs that hate GvGs

Guilds that GvG

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

Guild versus Guild or Guild Wars is always fun to watch, especially when the server’s PPT is low, and also a morale booster if your team wins.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal