How about an Anti-Finisher

in WvW

Posted by: Xavier Eledhwen.6901

Xavier Eledhwen.6901

I have done my share of Finishers and have had my share of being Finished and the other night as I lay there being Finished (once again) I thought “It sure would be funny to have an anti-finisher I could fire off when I am down, and if I get it off first, some Jack-in-the-Box would pop up and bop the other player on the nose and stop their finisher, Maybe even give me a rally!”

Just a random thought!
Xav.

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Just a random thought!

Clearly…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

The best anti finisher is: Don’t get downed

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Xiohunter.2561

Xiohunter.2561

I think getting a free rally would be insanely OP for a gem store item. If you don’t want to see a finisher on your head don’t get downed. But I also feel like a graphics option that limits the finishers you see to just the basic one isn’t a bad idea.

in WvW

Posted by: Teej.9241

Teej.9241

Like Jeknar said… if you don’t want to see the finisher of the person stomping you then it’s plain and simple: Kill. Them. First.

Le

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

The best anti finisher is: Don’t get downed

Or being down near a cliff when a team mate KB target “aka sparta style” from the cliff ;D

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Do I smell pay2win ?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Its like this game was designed for 12 year old boys by 25 year old men that still act like they’re 12. A cow butt on your face, really?

Anyway, an anti-finisher would be awesome. I recognize that it couldn’t have any actual efffect on gameplay – like it can’t give a rally or actually give any advantage.

But as long as we’re all being 12 year old boys an anti-finisher of a jack in the box, or a butt farting at you, or a great big middle finger would be sweet to throw up at someone when you get stomped.

And even I would buy that in the Gem Store! You hear that Anet – another way to make money. And WvW’ers would be the ones that bought it – a way to monitize WvW more. Make it happen Anet!

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Funny idea and I like it! It could work like a limited finisher. Instead of using the stomping player’s finisher it would use your funny animation.

Like a slap on the face or a headstone emerging with a R.I.P. on it, or some other funny thingy. Or the stomper just give you a hug or pets you on the back

Hehe: “How to die with style 2.0”

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: godz raiden.2631

godz raiden.2631

Well, as others stated, if it interrupted your opponents finisher or rallied you than it would be broken and classified as “pay2win” which is not fair, especially in a a pvp game mode.

I also think it’s a bad idea just because if you interrupt someone else’s finisher, but they paid for that finisher, you’re sort of robbing them in a dumb way. You died. You got stomped. Deal with it. No reason the loser should get to feel like he got the last laugh.

Godz Raiden (Thief)
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Well almost everybody uses permanent finishers… So getting a slap across the face is not a tragedy. Interrupting a stomping is a bad idea indeed. But with this improvement you can choose how to die…

I still think it’s a good idea to have a limited finisher what counters the stomper’s current finisher and uses a different animation… Just for the fun… It’s not P2W. But for instance I would definitely take it for my ranger and for my thief…

C’mon guys! Don’t be so serious!

#I no words have"

in WvW

Posted by: Xavier Eledhwen.6901

Xavier Eledhwen.6901

Ya I didn’t think of the pay2win thing, I just wanted something fun, and those of you who made comments about “just don’t get downed” 1st I wasn’t complaining, 2nd Don’t be so serious, it is just a game! 3rd if you say you don’t get downed, you are a lair!

in WvW

Posted by: dank.3680

dank.3680

No reason the loser should get to feel like he got the last laugh.

This..

#MAGSWAG: All class player. XOXO

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

This..

He’s still dead. Lost. Got a cow butt dropped on his face. Gave the opposing server a point. At least let him give his killer the finger on the way out.

in WvW

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

This..

He’s still dead. Lost. Got a cow butt dropped on his face. Gave the opposing server a point. At least let him give his killer the finger on the way out.

xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)