How can you even call that big changes ?

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

BIG CHANGES TO COMMANDER SYSTEM ?

Big changes ?! Really ?!

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You should know by now that they hype everything way out of proportion.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

in the commander cdi we asked them to focus on small, quick changes instead of a more in depth overhaul. it took 9 months for the first 2 of these changes.

id hate to think how long the complete overhaul is going to take.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

in the commander cdi we asked them to focus on small, quick changes instead of a more in depth overhaul. it took 9 months for the first 2 of these changes.

id hate to think how long the complete overhaul is going to take.

Those will be in GW3

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

These changes are HUGE for WvW!!!! It took a TON of HARDWORK and DEDICATION to evaluate and plan for different color commander tags!! A stunning amount of research went into the process for deciding on the colors and then once that was done…research needed to be done to figure out how we could make it even MORE of a challenge to obtain!!

Did you even see the amazing trick’s that have been added?? Something the community has CLEARLY been asking for….. heck they wanted to get it to the community SO FAST…..that they didn’t even TEST any of the new stuff in EOTM to make sure it wouldn’t actually break anything….. they figured they would push right out into the production world and “See what happens” and get the ever so popular feedback from the community they listen to so well (See colored commander tags for examples).

Also GOLEM MASTERY?!?! Are you CRAZY?!! Spent WEEKS on developing this gem of code…..truly a game changer…. people will FLOCK back to join WvW when golem mastery comes into town….

These are all truly difficult tasks that took many teams to develop since the lats CDI 6 months or so ago…..you should be eternally grateful for these updates…..development teams have spent months perfecting these changes to re-invigorate world vs world and make it the truly fun competitive environment we have all known it was capable of being….

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

in WvW

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Different colors are a decently large change. It allows color coding as to what commander will fulfill what role. What would you have them do?

in WvW

MasterD.4790

Different colors are a decently large change. It allows color coding as to what commander will fulfill what role. What would you have them do?

That’s a joke right? I’m developer… I know how long those changes probably really took….in my estimate….unless the coder is a complete mental midget….that change took less than a few hours of development time…. it is possible…. that the code is THAT bad….that it is no modular or inheritable and crap is hardcoded all over the place….that it might have taken a few days… but I doubt it. Realistically all their developers are working on other things…..the WvW changes like this take them a few days to bang out and they move on to other priorities.

What “I” would have done….is added a guild upgrade that lets you pop a buff that can be activated for a commander tag only see by those in your guild. As well as keep these color changes in, kept the 100g commander tag but made it account bound and let people pick whatever color they wanted.

in WvW

Posted by: Nelict.7589

Nelict.7589

*Please correct me if I am wrong since I haven’t been to WvW for quite some time.
Isn’t WvW a HUGE zerg blob vs HUGE zerg blob that each follow 1 commander anymore? I rarely saw more than 1 commander and always the second commander was flamed to drop the tag. If WvW tactics changed and actually it’s more than blob vs blob with multiple commanders, then this change will actually help! Then again, it isn’t a big change at all. It’s just color tags. It’s not even worth mention is as big change…

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Could someone summarize all the changes we are getting for WvW? There seem to be so many I’m kinda lost.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

They are going to give us tags color when WvW is dying most than ever and is hard to have more than 1 comm right now…

Nice try Anet, but pretty late. You should merge server now. But well… if a HUE modification took like 9 months to implement, maybe you will fix the server population when 3 servers will going to be enough.

in WvW

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

They are going to give us tags color when WvW is dying most than ever and is hard to have more than 1 comm right now…

Nice try Anet, but pretty late. You should merge server now. But well… if a HUE modification took like 9 months to implement, maybe you will fix the server population when 3 servers will going to be enough.

But if there are only enough people for 3 servers…That would be the same match-up every week
At that point we’d all just go to PvE/ArcheAge anyways…

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

For people that actually do play hardcore WvW these changes ARE big. It will increase the ability to coordinate massively and might very well change the dynamics of the game quite a bit.

For pugs or people that mainly do casual WvW however, I can understand why it would look like a small insignificant change.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

MasterD.4790

For people that actually do play hardcore WvW these changes ARE big. It will increase the ability to coordinate massively and might very well change the dynamics of the game quite a bit.

For pugs or people that mainly do casual WvW however, I can understand why it would look like a small insignificant change.

All I do is WvW…and while I DO appreciate these changes. I also think they will definitely make things better….I wouldn’t say they are game breaking. Also…the reference was to development time….it’s not like they were building or re-designing a map or allowing larger parties in the party system….in the grand scheme of things….it’s a small change.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

For commanders color change we was waiting it like in 2 months after the CDI. I think 2 months is enough time to do it. Is something we was waiting for the beginning of the season 2 at least.

Color tags is a MINOR improvement. You can coordinate with anything else, Voice Comm is more important than colors tags. Community and Guilds organization are more important. . On screen commands and multiple icons target ARE FAR FAR FAR MORE important than colors tags. And a server global notification on keeps attacks (turn it on or off optional) is FAR important than color tags.

There is a LOT of core mechanic a LOT more important and decisive than Color tag, golem mastery and a new trick. There is a LOT of thing in the previous CDI we was waiting to be released in this patch, in the general opinion this patch is pretty mediocre for a “big patch”.

The history would be different if this parch was a minor patch 6 months ago.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i do hardcore wvw and these changes are not big to me
but then again i mostly solo roam
a colored tag isnt going to incentivize me to used it because i will still draw randoms to me instead of just letting a commander know where i am for better scouting, and the guild group commander fill up their party spots with members of their group because then they can rely on boons, so partying with all the commander in the map isnt a viable option.

something like allowing squad members to see all other squad members + ability to turn on other tags while in a squad would be a significant change and would prolly motivate me to actually use that system.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

BIG CHANGES TO COMMANDER SYSTEM ?

Big changes ?! Really ?!

I guess compared to the WvW support they usually supply (none), this is a big change. Of couse, in absolute terms it’s laughably miniscule. Keep your expectations low, I guess.

in WvW

Posted by: Dancing Face.4695

Dancing Face.4695

… and it come from pve so ppl can gather to red commande for red wurm, yellow commander…. and so on.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

I doesn’t change anything imo. On my server, we assign commanders(on the same map) to different roles , those commanders are in different teamspeak channels and people who want to follow one commander join that channel/join the squad. Pugs will still not know what color tag is doing what.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Sadly, relatively speaking, these are large changes. A new mastery line, acountbound commander tag with 3 new colour options for free* and a new Trick.

The new trick i suspect will have a big impact in the current WvW meta, not so much the player composition, but how siege is done.
Currently its all about clumping up a critical mass of either Rams on a gate, or Cata’s hugging a wall. And melting your way in before swords even get a chance to pop up. And this siege disabler pretty much counters this.

Big risk when excessively flameramspamming. Aswell as far more incentive to build cata’s at range and spread out.
People comdemn EotM for being a karmatrain. But the main, and most popular, tactic in WvW siege is to end the siege before any defense can actually be mounted. In an attempt to avoid any player-on-player conflict.

*after some prodding.

in WvW

Posted by: Dal.5872

Dal.5872

I mean can you imagine, you walk into a car dealers looking for a nice new shiny car. You look around and find a model you like, you chat with the salesman who says that Blue is the standard. But should you want it in Red or Green then the cost will be 3X as much. But should you buy 3 of the Blue cars now you can change it to one of any colour later on. If you buy 2 of the Blue cars we will come along in a couple of weeks and just remove one from you. Anyone with more than 1 Blue car right now is being royally jumped on from a great Anet height.

How can you justify something as small as a colour change to a static non-animated piece of graphics and charge 300 gold for the pleasure?

It feels like there is a barrel around here and I’m happily bending over it.

IGN: Dal Brinium

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

First week of changes were announced, two more weeks to go.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

I mean can you imagine, you walk into a car dealers looking for a nice new shiny car. You look around and find a model you like, you chat with the salesman who says that Blue is the standard. But should you want it in Red or Green then the cost will be 3X as much. But should you buy 3 of the Blue cars now you can change it to one of any colour later on. If you buy 2 of the Blue cars we will come along in a couple of weeks and just remove one from you. Anyone with more than 1 Blue car right now is being royally jumped on from a great Anet height.

How can you justify something as small as a colour change to a static non-animated piece of graphics and charge 300 gold for the pleasure?

It feels like there is a barrel around here and I’m happily bending over it.

The tag is going to cost 300g yes, but it will include all the colors and it will be account bound. ANet scratched the idea of 300g per color thing.

And this being big, yes it is. As in coding and implementing, it most likely wasn’t that big, but gameplay wise it’s rather big change. There’s already some talk what color should be assigned to what activity, or should the colors be assigned differently.

And this will affect casuals as well. They will eventually notice what every color does, etc. and will know who they should go to follow and so on. Even if they are not in TS or other VoIP they will eventually get a hold whats up with different colors and I sincerely hope that the communities of servers do spread the info in team chat as well and not be ignorant towards the casuals.

TL;DR:
Big change for WvW gameplay – Yes

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger

in WvW

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

i almost fainted from these news. i was about to quit the game but i heard about these big changes and changed my mind. im sure after 1 month these “big changes” still matter to anyone except their new fail-nades that will destroy WvW, or atleast the PPT part of it.