How to counter Mass Arrow Cart?

in WvW

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

teach me the tactics on how to counter running into a keep gate defended by tons of arrow carts.

Some how the carts are able to hit us on the other side of gate even though this out of line of sight. can somebody explain that as well?

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It’s been my experience that face-tanking siege weaponry will end up with my face in the dirt

You just need to bring some bigger weapons to the party. Here’s a good guide:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bh6ei/a_video_guide_for_borderlands_towers_keeps/

in WvW

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

teach me the tactics on how to counter running into a keep gate defended by tons of arrow carts.

Some how the carts are able to hit us on the other side of gate even though this out of line of sight. can somebody explain that as well?

This just baffles me… I have tried increasing my resolution and stuff to “see” more, but I cannot. So it only leads me to believe that people who are shooting an arrow cart from behind a wall are usually using some 3rd party software to “zoom-hack” so they can see more.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

The cart can fire at the gate itself, and the skill effect radius puts arrows outside of the tower.

The cart’s line-of-sight has some leeway on it, and that means seeing through the hole above a gate, or over the edge of a wall, tends to work more often than not.

The counter to arrow carts is longer range siege, or the skills to survive it. WvW guard masteries (the vitality one, and the flame ram iron will ones) often come in there. Another example is ranger’s barrage skill, and elementalist’s dragon tooth and meteor.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Arrow carts don’t require line of sight. If you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it can’t see you.
Always keep moving. Maintain constant water fields and blast them. Clear condis.
Almost all the time, the people who die under ac fire are the ones that stand still.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Defended by 10 arrowcarts? Then you lay siege to the keep with superior siege equipment such as trebuchets or catapults.

Trying to kill a door with a dagger is not a valid siege tactic. Sorry.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Arrow carts don’t require line of sight. If you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it can’t see you.
Always keep moving. Maintain constant water fields and blast them. Clear condis.
Almost all the time, the people who die under ac fire are the ones that stand still.

Yes, they do. It was added relatively recently. You get a “no line of sight” error when trying many of the shots that back-of-wall and other clever placement used to accomplish.

And like I said, it has some leeway in it. It’s not a literal line-of-sight. It’s just trying to prevent things like building one inside a tower and firing directly onto the opposite side of the nearest wall, as was done in third-party software zoom unlocks.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Yes, they do. It was added relatively recently. You get a “no line of sight” error when trying many of the shots that back-of-wall and other clever placement used to accomplish.

And like I said, it has some leeway in it. It’s not a literal line-of-sight. It’s just trying to prevent things like building one inside a tower and firing directly onto the opposite side of the nearest wall, as was done in third-party software zoom unlocks.

Well of course for a common wall we see everywhere ac’s can’t hit over it. Been like that since launch. I can still hit them through gaps above the door. I can still build them on stair cases and hit over the wall (eg. stairs at bay lord room). I can still build them behind short walls (like at the portal for west inner garri) and hit outside. All these places the enemy can’t see my ac but I can see them.

My point still stands, ac’s don’t require line of sight because I can build them behind obstructions and still hit things.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Well of course for a common wall we see everywhere ac’s can’t hit over it. Been like that since launch.

No.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Arrow-Carts-Zoomhack-gamebreaking

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1xbhwz/have_arrow_carts_been_changed_a_bit_recently/

What you describe as not possible since launch was entirely possible until a patch early this year.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

• Omega’s can clean walls very fast, and can shoot on doors from a range the behind-door-ACs cannot reach
  • catas, trebs and ballistas can clean ACs very fast and you only need LoS for ballistas
  • Own ACs can use the LoS hole above gates as well
  • Guard-staff-1 magic goes through walls and doors, such that a Treb, cata or AC close to a wall can be destroyed by them
Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Omegas are great, just make sure there are no cannons.
Trebs are great too. you can clear any wall of siege with ease with a treb

in WvW

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If a keep gets that sieged up you have to do a surprise golem rush or slowly treb it. To treb it you will need to have a zerg to defend the trebs. Make sure the trebs are taking out the siege before you push into the wall.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Omegas, trebs and catapults. Sometimes a ballista in the right spot.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Counter-treb. You’ll have to make sure whoever is on it is competent enough to take out their counter treb first. Once that’s done you can treb down all the ACs and then the wall (cause you already built a treb so might as well). Take something else while you’re trebbing if it’s taking a long time.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Omegas, trebs and catapults. Sometimes a ballista in the right spot.

This.

in WvW

Posted by: Catalin.5341

Catalin.5341

It’s been my experience that face-tanking siege weaponry will end up with my face in the dirt

You just need to bring some bigger weapons to the party. Here’s a good guide:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2bh6ei/a_video_guide_for_borderlands_towers_keeps/

I’m glad you found the guides helpful

EU Seafearer’s Rest, Guilds: [AR] [tD]
Catalin Puf (Human Elementalist)
Catalin Elf (Sylvari Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

All AOE works through doors, siege and normal. This works both ways, and it can make it very hard to repair the door sometimes.

Just be thankful you’re not playing Warhammer, where you could be AOEd to death inside the lord room from outside the tower.

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

All AOE works through doors, siege and normal. This works both ways, and it can make it very hard to repair the door sometimes.

Just be thankful you’re not playing Warhammer, where you could be AOEd to death inside the lord room from outside the tower.

This can actually be helpful for defending… Ya know.. Stack retal on the gate.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Generally speaking, the best way would be to split push the keep on 2 different sides, drawing all the defenders to one side while the other breaks down a gate, or at least does as much damage to it as possible. A well defended waypointed T3 structure with full supplies should not be easy to take.

Another tactic would be to build open field trebs to both take out their siege and to damage the gate/walls, with a zerg to protect the trebs. This requires a hell of a zerg though due to the sheer amount of supplies required.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

Don’t forget that Seige Disabler is ridiculously overpowered and can be used offensively as well as defensively. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Siege_Disabler

At 1200 range and 450 radius AOE you can knock out all the best and hardest to get to defenses (like keep dome AC’s w/out even leaving the circle).

in WvW

Virtute.8251

All your siege are belong to Disabler.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

If you know the tricky places no way to counter them in time.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Ok – surprised no one said transfer to YB – the ACs will all be on your side…..

(I am YB btw)

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I’m really tempted to make a second account on Yak’s Bend to see how it all works over there. I’ll tell you as a Dragonbrander that your defensive siege is top notch.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Are you serious? Of course if you insist on dancing under ac fire you are going down hard. The counter to this is counter siege deployment. It’s not very hard to do. Why are there so many QQing about AC again? Use your head a little people.

in WvW

Posted by: cheesy mate.1209

cheesy mate.1209

1st,you can manmode a gate with a big blob.2nd a good placed counter ac can kill every single ac.And 3rd,in field fights just push em and gg.Its always working,belive me!

Desolation -iPro warrior

in WvW

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

btw this isn’t true, i recently saw a TC group build an AC under the cliff to the left of bay north gate and then proceed to AC down the door treb near the lake, completely out of any conceivable LOS.

downed state is bad for PVP