How to end the speed rezzing of a zerg

in WvW

Posted by: DarkFrost.2847

DarkFrost.2847

Bring back the Death Penalty from GW1. Each time you die, all of your stats are reduced by a certain amount until you reach 60%, once you hit that threshold, your next death will instantly teleport you to spawn. Will only be removed by waypointing to spawn, using a shrine of sorts, or through killing. This would fix a lot of the issues with the constant zerg rezzing, and people not waypointing. It gets to a point where if you die more than one or two times, you start to be a hinderance rather than a help to a group and either will stop rezzing, or you’ll end up at spawn.

Obertus [ERP]
The saga of your life is a summation of the choices you make.

in WvW

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

Getting a dead penalty of 5minutes that saying; next time you are in down stat you are dead instantly and remove rally on npc death.

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

in WvW

Posted by: Kazuto.2798

Kazuto.2798

I don’t see how reviving is an issue. It’s not like players can attack while they’re dead. If people are dead, they aren’t contributing anything to the group and the revivers aren’t really contributing either, they’re sitting there reviving, unable to use skills.

Also, I’d rather not become weaker if I get rolled by a zerg or accidentally fall off a cliff nor do I wish to be teleported against my will, especially if the
spawn is far away.

Kiwi
Sempiternal Order [SO]
Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Kazuto.2798)

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Watch this be a complaint from T1 or T2. Most of the tiers don’t have that problem you’re experiencing guys.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Watch this be a complaint from T1 or T2. Most of the tiers don’t have that problem you’re experiencing guys.

T5…….close enough.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

If you want to defeat the speed-rezzing of a zerg, wipe the zerg.

It does wonders.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I don’t see how reviving is an issue. It’s not like players can attack while they’re dead. If people are dead, they aren’t contributing anything to the group and the revivers aren’t really contributing either, they’re sitting there reviving, unable to use skills.

It’s an issue when smaller, more skilled guild groups attempt to wipe a mega blob. It’s common that guild groups will wipe a third or so of a pug blob first push only to regroup and push again to find that the blob forces have hard rezzed the dead. It’s just another indication that mindless hordes win the day in WvW. Of course there needs to be some kind of balance between sheer numbers and skilled play, but the current rez mechanics do more to negate skilled play than balance it.

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Never. This game dont punish who lose. Casual players get very frustrated about this, need an easy mode. Is a company policy.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The easiest way would be to disallow people to rez/revive while in combat.

in WvW

Posted by: Sunreva.8714

Sunreva.8714

^ Agreed.

Easiest fix would be to simply disallow ressing dead players while in combat.

…but we can’t have that. Combat is simply more strategical when players in the 20 man zerg (which is initially being beaten by the 5 person roaming group) simply dogpile the stomped players and revive them. The group of 5 players should -always- lose to the group of 20 players, because group numbers should be the determining factor as to who wins the fight.

If the 5 man group loses 1 or 2 people, they lost the fight and need to run.

If the 20 man zerg loses 4 or 5 people, they can still win. Just dogpile the corpses and revive.

This is what makes WvW combat so strategic.

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

It doesn’t exactly take a long time to revive people. In most cases, the winning force can spare a few people, ensuring that their numbers don’t get whittled down.

Unless you are in a matchup where all numbers/fights are equal on a map at all times, mass revive affects you.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Rezzing, reviving, rallying is the most broken and fundamentally flawed mechanic in this game.

It needs a serious makeover and it needs to be balanced to suit WvW and PvP, not just PvE.

It is the No 1. feature I look forward to leaving behind once/if I move on from GW2.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

I usually end up wiping any zerg that focuses on reviving in combat… its silly

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Carnius Magius.8091

Carnius Magius.8091

The real problem is the best guilds and players are segregating to just a few servers that have 100% time zone coverage.

I suggest for just in WvW only for trial period, merge Blackgate with Devona’s Rest(1st place with last place), Jade Quarry with Eredon Terrace, Sanctum of Rall with Kaineng etc. Instead of 6 matchups there would be 4 each week. Every week would have different servers merged depending on results.

Chat line complaints would be fun to read if nothing else.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

The real problem is the best guilds and players are segregating to just a few servers that have 100% time zone coverage.

I suggest for just in WvW only for trial period, merge Blackgate with Devona’s Rest(1st place with last place), Jade Quarry with Eredon Terrace, Sanctum of Rall with Kaineng etc. Instead of 6 matchups there would be 4 each week. Every week would have different servers merged depending on results.

Chat line complaints would be fun to read if nothing else.

Would be nice just to get full maps again…

Mass ressing isn’t really a problem since you can mass DPS/CC the ressers. It’s not like they’re doing anything.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Mass rez is a problem post fight as much as it is mid fight. Large groups cannot be brought down without a larger or substantially more skilled group.

If players had to port on dead, big zergs could be attacked by smaller groups and whittled down. As it is now, most small skill groups get overwhelmed by fire and the zerg continues on by rezzing their dead. If they couldn’t bring back their dead, a small skill group would have a very good shot of slowly wiping or critically wounding the zerg before going down.

Defensive would be MUCH more effective with this system.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Mass rez is a problem post fight as much as it is mid fight. Large groups cannot be brought down without a larger or substantially more skilled group.

If players had to port on dead, big zergs could be attacked by smaller groups and whittled down. As it is now, most small skill groups get overwhelmed by fire and the zerg continues on by rezzing their dead. If they couldn’t bring back their dead, a small skill group would have a very good shot of slowly wiping or critically wounding the zerg before going down.

Defensive would be MUCH more effective with this system.

This. With small groups being able to whittle down the size of zergs, there would actually be consequences when a zerg moves deep into enemy territory. Gameplay would be much more strategic and interesting. This is one small change that IMO can make a big difference in the game.