I play this game for WvW not sPvP

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

T1 has no one but themselves to blame for the skill lag there

T1 has themselves to blame? Are you kittening kidding me? WvW favours big blobs.

It’s GAME DESIGN. If it weren’t more powerful people wouldn’t do it.

No! T1 servers have themselves to blame simply because they can go to t2/3 and fill those servers up for more fair tier match, but instead they bandwagon to t1 in order to get the full benefit of WvW(karma train/WxP) and the future rewards(League winners). However, they are a complete joke. Why? Everyone knows WvW rewards are complete kitten, you might as well just PvE to get a better “rewards”.

this is such a silly argument. SO blame t1 for anet failing to test there servers/engine properly? if the servers cant handle the QUE sizes they have now, then its anet fault, and they need to adjust the que to a cap size there dam engines/servers can handle.

the lag in this game is not just a t1 problem, it happens in all tiers. I also get that the players have the fault in stacking, but that again is not just a t1 problem, t2 is far more stacked then t3 and t3 from t4.

Yes it is Anet fault, and it is the players fault as well. Most players are well aware of how the skill lag occurs and yet they still transfer to the most populated servers, and then complain about skill lag. There should be a limit on stupidity.

If Anet make transferring to lower tiers servers for free, then hopefully we’ll have more servers with balance population resulting on a healthy match up. Knowing how Anet is a sucker for money(still trying to make sPvP as an eSport so they’ll get sponsorship), I know it’ll never happened. So it’s up to the players to man up and just transfer out from the stacked servers.

p/s: Fyi, from the mouth of an alpha tester, Anet only test their game/class balancing using sPvP. WvW was hardly being touch by them. This is just another fact on how WvW is just a mini game for Anet. We, the WvW players should never hope any fixes from Anet as they don’t give a kitten on WvW, so it is up to us to “fix” it.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

T1 has themselves to blame? Are you kittening kidding me? WvW favours big blobs.

No! T1 servers have themselves to blame simply because they can go to t2/3 and fill those servers up for more fair tier match, but instead they bandwagon to t1 in order to get the full benefit of WvW(karma train/WxP) and the future rewards(League winners). However, they are a complete joke. Why? Everyone knows WvW rewards are complete kitten, you might as well just PvE to get a better “rewards”.

this is such a silly argument. SO blame t1 for anet failing to test there servers/engine properly? if the servers cant handle the QUE sizes they have now, then its anet fault, and they need to adjust the que to a cap size there dam engines/servers can handle.

the lag in this game is not just a t1 problem, it happens in all tiers. I also get that the players have the fault in stacking, but that again is not just a t1 problem, t2 is far more stacked then t3 and t3 from t4.

Yes it is Anet fault, and it is the players fault as well. Most players are well aware of how the skill lag occurs and yet they still transfer to the most populated servers, and then complain about skill lag. There should be a limit on stupidity.

If Anet make transferring to lower tiers servers for free, then hopefully we’ll have more servers with balance population resulting on a healthy match up. Knowing how Anet is a sucker for money(still trying to make sPvP as an eSport so they’ll get sponsorship), I know it’ll never happened. So it’s up to the players to man up and just transfer out from the stacked servers.

p/s: Fyi, from the mouth of an alpha tester, Anet only test their game/class balancing using sPvP. WvW was hardly being touch by them. This is just another fact on how WvW is just a mini game for Anet. We, the WvW players should never hope any fixes from Anet as they don’t give a kitten on WvW, so it is up to us to “fix” it.

so you know tc is the 4th most stacked server right?? and so im guessing your saying ppl should transfer off tc also ? just wanted to make sure your not telling others what to do without taking your own advice

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

Perception =/= Reality, go to the pvp forums and post this topic, Pvp is definetly not the focus, might have the “publicity” but not the focus, its been stated many times already, all game modes especially wvw are the focus.

and fyi, Pvp is not a “dead” game mode

Anet puppet ftw, in the end though anet is a puppet to nsoft.

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

U may be right. But if so anet has a very messed up and clouded view

very much clouded. they think they can use 1 balance for spvp and wvw and that already proofs that their mind is very very clouded. they see wvw as a roaming game where those builds might work, but in a zvz it is completely different. look at the patch nots for october: they are buffing warriors shouts o.0. as if the warriors werent already the most played class in wvw. and they give esmers new support buffs.o.0 u kidding right? as if this wasnt already the role we hate sooooo much and are forced to use in wvw zvz fights. im tired of kitten support!!!!!

so if u want the balance to change, u gotta go o the spvp forums as the balance team only cares about 1v1 spvp balance!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

so you know tc is the 4th most stacked server right?? and so im guessing your saying ppl should transfer off tc also ? just wanted to make sure your not telling others what to do without taking your own advice

First of all, I’m playing on SEA timezone. So no skill lag does not happened frequently as there are not many servers that have SEA players. Back on the day when I was at CD, we’re just PvDoor for 2-3 months straight, w/o any opposition at all. When we decided to move to TC, it is mainly because War Machine is in KN, and we want to face them(sadly they transfer few weeks later). So, here I am, stuck in a spot where facing t1 servers will only mean us having 50ish on all 3 map on SEA time facing their massive 80 man in every map. Funny thing is when we face same/lower tier, we usually outnumbered them by a lot which is why I suggest for the players that are on the stacked servers, just move out from there and go to t2/3. I’d love it if you move to t2/3 and face us in TC as we really need SEA players to spread out so every week we’ll get opponent.

(edited by Buzzcrave.6197)

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

If anet wants more people in pvp they should make an arena that will support up to atleast 20v20. 30v30 would be better

Too bad their game and servers start to break down when 20v20 or bigger is involved. I’m running an i7-3770k@4.4Ghz and a GTX780 and I still have to drop down my culling settings to High/Low to get any kind of playable framerate (30+) in big zerg fights.

This is actually with the CPU going 100% all the time and GPU chilling at about 50%.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Joni.6830

Joni.6830

Or in daoc when it was a thing to have everyone use aoe buffs during a relic raid to crash the server, yeah no skill lag but if you flooded the server with to much to process it just crashed.

not to justify skill lag, its infuriating and I want it to go away, but lets not use old games that also had issues as a bench mark. I want it to be better then what we had and right now its not, its just different.

But don’t you see what I mean? I’m aware DaoC, as a 2001 game, had lag issues. But skill lag is worse than just normal lag issues. It’s not just higher latency or anything. It means being completely unable to do anything.

DaoC did not have this systemic issue where every 20v20 fight would result in skill lag. Guild Wars 2 DOES have this issue. Do you know what I mean?

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Unless there is a T1 server in the matchup or it’s one of those weeks where TC gets bumped up into t1… I don’t really get a lot of lag on TC personally. Reset nights with 3 way fights etc. yea some can’t heal issues etc., but not nearly to the extent as what T1 has all the kitten time where not even your aa will work… at least not without serious delays. I can feel lag better than most since I usually play eng as well (kit swapping delays suck lol).

It takes seriously large blobs to get it to the unplayable nothing at all is working state.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: Liete.5263

Liete.5263

Nope it’s about them letting us, the players, decide how we WANT to play the game.

That’s the point.

But its never that clear cut, now is it? Certainly isn’t for you because you don’t want to let anyone play the game in the way they want to unless its the way you want them to play the game.

Here, let me quote you:
“We don’t want siegewars.” ~ Some people do.
“We don’t want orb bonuses.” ~ Some people do.
“Please give us the dev time and let sPvP get life support dev focus for once…” ~ Some people like sPvP and would rather you not abuse it anymore than it already has been.

Ho boy. Would you look at that? Its not about we, its about me.

Interesting view you have.

1. Siege Wars refers to Open field Siege creep.
2. No one has stated they want the bonuses..stop lying
3. sPvP is dead. They are not the majority. WvW far outnumbers sPvP and infact i’m willing to bet that 1 week of WvW players far outnumbers months of sPvP players. You give dev time to what the majority of your players play not cling to some dead game mode literally the tiniest fraction of your player base plays.

The majority has spoken and you really need to realize it.

I want the orb buffs. There, your argument is shattered.

Me too! So far we do not know how they will play out, so lets see how they work and what impact they have.

in WvW

SykkoB.9465

First of all, I’m playing on SEA timezone. So no skill lag does not happened frequently as there are not many servers that have SEA players. Back on the day when I was at CD, we’re just PvDoor for 2-3 months straight, w/o any opposition at all. When we decided to move to TC, it is mainly because War Machine is in KN, and we want to face them(sadly they transfer few weeks later). So, here I am, stuck in a spot where facing t1 servers will only mean us having 50ish on all 3 map on SEA time facing their massive 80 man in every map. Funny thing is when we face same/lower tier, we usually outnumbered them by a lot which is why I suggest for the players that are on the stacked servers, just move out from there and go to t2/3. I’d love it if you move to t2/3 and face us in TC as we really need SEA players to spread out so every week we’ll get opponent.

your still the 4th most stacked server in the NA, and if your gonna tell all 3 t1 servers to unstack you should follow your own advice. By the way the same reason you moved to tc to fight WM, is why most Sea/OCX/EU guilds moved to t1, so they had ppl to fight and were not pvdooring.

i have stated that i agree with you that players stacking share in the blame with anet, but what i dont agree with you on, is you telling other what to do while not willing to do it also.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

I used to play blizzard games, but I chose to gw2 because of its 24/7 pvp system called wvw. Back then I already noticed that spvp is similar to league of legends, but as I was coming from a better dota type game – aeon of storms from starcraft dota, all i can say is laugh.

I love both spvp/tpvp/wvw. Having said that, if wvw is based on pvp, it goes like this. One party has 2 players and the other has 5 or 8. That’s the difference between t1/t2 and lower tiers.

To cope with the coverage issue, all i can think of is, ignore the PPT. They matter a little bit in the sense they give world bonuses, but in the end of the day, it’s all about fun.

Want e-sports, play starcraft. Casual games with jack of all trades style, there’s gw2. As this game is still growing, therefore changing, we’ll soon see if tpvp will fit the e-sports category.

Time will tell.

Nevertheless, I enjoy doing wvw, fotm, and hunting world bosses. You will enjoy your own thing. But it better be because you chose to enjoy those things and not because you were convinced by another person.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in WvW

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

@OP: As a player who regularly plays all 3 aspects of the game, from one side I can understand where you are coming from.. On the other hand it seems I have to point out that your own argument can be easily turned around on you with regards to PvE community which far outnumbers both WvW and PvP communities combined…

The PvE community gets most of the dev time now….so your point is moot, but you fail to realize WvW ppl HAVE to PvE.

Furthermore, I think that if there is enough support among the population for any mode, whether it is “dead” or not (in your humble opinion), ANet should work on that mode and try to improve it. Stating otherwise only reduces the weight of your complaints, regardless of how well founded they are.

*They’ve been working on that mode for a year and it is dead. <—- Not an opinion when you compare it to WvW. It’s time to look to WvW as the reason for players to play your game. WvW + PvE = Long term game. *

Fact of the matter is that, like PvE crew, vast majority (I see this term thrown all around without any basis so might as well use it) of WvW players don’t visit forums, don’t know and/or don’t care about orb buffs, sPvP mechanic being introduced or pretty much anything as long as they get to follow that blue badge and kill some stuffs.

Vast majority of players don’t come to the forum….except of the ppl that do the vast majority are WvW’ers.

Now to the point:
Will the buffs make WvW even more imbalanced ? Quite probably.
Will the buffs encourage de-zerging and de-melee-training ? Maybe, if the server with lower coverage can get organized enough… highly doubtful tho, simply because of the nature of the game and players.
Does any of this have to do anything with sPvP resources ? Not at all, in fact I have no idea why anyone would draw parallel between introduction of new WvW mechanic and funding for a completely different game mode..

This is where you just kitten the bed. The lower coverage server with the greatest organization in the world will fail against higher coverage in this WvW system. The orb buffs will compound the issue b/c that zerg ball you are fighting w/ your 20 guys now all have +150 to all stats…..

The head devs on this game are solely concentrating on sPVP. They refuse to acknowledge WvW in any way shape or form. They don’t care about the bigger PvP player base because they want to become the next big eSport. What they need to do is wake up and realize their sPvP kittening blows, and the only thing this game has going for it is WvW + dedicated new PvE content.

in WvW

Jinks.2057

T1 servers are BUYING and PAYING for guilds to xfer to their server.

Then they complain about skill lag…….

Again T1 servers have no one to blame but themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Which server paid for transfers and which guilds took the money?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

T1 servers are BUYING and PAYING for guilds to xfer to their server.

Then they complain about skill lag…….

Again T1 servers have no one to blame but themselves.

My server has slowly but steadily climbed up to T1. I never asked to be playing against the blobs.

However, I also think it’s ANets problem. They not only allow such blobbing, but also have designed their WvW so that blobbing is the most effective tactic to win.

You can’t blame the players for playing the game in a way that’s the most effective way to win.

Wanna fix zerging? Triple the landmass of the maps, with triple distance between towers/keeps/camps. Remove all waypoints. Move all rewards from capturing an objective to holding the objective for X amount of time (mailed to you if you are offline when the time is up) after capture. Problem solved.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

I watched the Pax stream and it was so boring. People avoided each other the majority of the time to capture points to win. What happened to player vs. player? I thought pvp was about one person/team trying to beat the crap out of another through combat/skills.

Yea and when I watch LoL all I see is people losing the lane hugging their turrets avoiding the opposing laner. And then top lane just wards so that he doesnt get ganked, but I thought he wants to pvp?! And then the enemy jungler runs around to gank but thats very unfair cause its like 1v2!! And sometimes they kill these neutral creeps, omg pve in pvp waaatttt!!

Look can the whole lot of you stop talking about what is “pvp”. If you want anybody except yourselves to take you seriously stop trying to deflect onto the spvp game format or community. It is quite blatant a vast majority of you dont understand anything about pvp or what makes games competitive, the extent of your pvp experience is exactly what you describe, just running around with your character hitting skills to kill the enemy.

Guess what? No competitive game format has ever emerged from this concept. “PvP” involves not just out skilling with micro, but also out thinking the opponent, which needs map wide macro. The PAX tourney was not just people running around not fighting, thats just what you interpreted through inexperience and ignorance.

Now will spvp be esports? No, not a chance. But not for the reasons you say and furthermore is completely unrelated to anything about WvW.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in WvW

Posted by: Doctor Feelgood.3214

Doctor Feelgood.3214

Pvp is not a “dead” game mode

lol

in WvW

Jinks.2057

dude just dont even bother, he hasnt figured it out yet that it was all a troll, to spark PVF. Yes there r guilds that have helped players xfer over, but only after there guild made the choice to come to t1, they helped them so they could stay with the guilds, and wouldnt need to farm for days just to follow there friends.

Most guilds/individuals move on there own and pay there own way

False just accept that it happens and let’s get back on topic shall we??

thx

in WvW

SykkoB.9465

dude just dont even bother, he hasnt figured it out yet that it was all a troll, to spark PVF. Yes there r guilds that have helped players xfer over, but only after there guild made the choice to come to t1, they helped them so they could stay with the guilds, and wouldnt need to farm for days just to follow there friends.

thx

got proof ?? or just making accusations ?

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Jinks.2057

thx

Engage Super Defense Mode

Usually when someone get’s this rustled about something there lies a whole stinking runny pile of truth in their house.

Give up and move on to topic at hand.

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

thx

Usually when someone get’s this rustled about something there lies a whole stinking runny pile of truth in their house.

Looks like it’s you who’s turtling up for defense now. I’d also like to see this proof you must have by making such claims.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Jinks.2057

thx

Looks like it’s you who’s turtling up for defense now. I’d also like to see this proof you must have by making such claims.

Denial is 1st stage mate.

Let’s get back to the lovely topic of Anet giving us our WvW and we’ll sweep it back under the rug where no one can see it mmmkay?

in WvW

Jinks.2057

thx

We’re just gonna let this one drop (even though we all know its true) and pretend it never happened. We’re gonna get back to the topic at hand (because Mods are prolly itching to censor this thread) and continue having adult time. If you want to partake in the discussions you’ll have to learn to admit certain truths.

Thank You,

Jinks

in WvW

SykkoB.9465

thx

i didnt know asking for proof was being uber defenisve, you know with the whole innocent until proven guilty thing.

but going by your logic, you seem really defensive right now, and r refusing to give the proof to your claims.

i love it when ppl make claims without any facts

here some facts for you
1: is t1 stacked ? yes it is

2: have ppl helped guilds move some members over to t1? yep but only once they made there choice

3: does some of the blame of the lag in t1 belong on the players? yep, but alot of the blame belongs on anet for not testing there servers, and knowing what there engines could handle

4: Will wvw every really get the content/fixes the players want? prob not

5: does anet really care about wvw for competition? Nope, they have already stated they ment it to be casual

6: does anet want Spvp to become esport? yep, but it never will become what they want

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

(edited by SykkoB.9465)

in WvW

Posted by: LordMadman.5812

LordMadman.5812

I can’t believe someone is complaining about sPVP. Oh wait, it’s a forum… trolls going to troll.

in WvW

Jinks.2057

2: have ppl helped guilds move some members over to t1? yep

That is all you needed to type.

Now let us move on to greener pastures since you’ve attained enlightenment.

Thanks,

Jinks

in WvW

Jinks.2057

I can’t believe someone is complaining about sPVP. Oh wait, it’s a forum… trolls going to troll.

This is a serious thread with serious people

in WvW

SykkoB.9465

Thanks,

Jinks

umm that is not buying guilds. Like i said once guilds/individuals have made the mind and chosen to come to t1, if some of there members couldnt afford to move with there guild, yes some have helped them out so they could stay with there friends. This is done in many tiers

Buying guilds would be like, hey yo come to t1 i pay you 8kg KK THX

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Jinks.2057

Thanks,

Jinks

Back Peddling

Dude just let this go. Don’t worry about it. It’s all cool.

If you need to discuss this further and need help coping….PM me

Jinks is here for you. I’m a man of the community. A man that stands up for us WvW players and a man that will help a fellow player wallowing in denial and despair.

I am Jinks……You can trust me

Thank you for all that you do,

Jinks

in WvW

Posted by: xTiMeBoMBx.2863

xTiMeBoMBx.2863

I watched the Pax stream and it was so boring. People avoided each other the majority of the time to capture points to win. What happened to player vs. player? I thought pvp was about one person/team trying to beat the crap out of another through combat/skills.

Yea and when I watch LoL all I see is people losing the lane hugging their turrets avoiding the opposing laner. And then top lane just wards so that he doesnt get ganked, but I thought he wants to pvp?! And then the enemy jungler runs around to gank but thats very unfair cause its like 1v2!! And sometimes they kill these neutral creeps, omg pve in pvp waaatttt!!

Look can the whole lot of you stop talking about what is “pvp”. If you want anybody except yourselves to take you seriously stop trying to deflect onto the spvp game format or community. It is quite blatant a vast majority of you dont understand anything about pvp or what makes games competitive, the extent of your pvp experience is exactly what you describe, just running around with your character hitting skills to kill the enemy.

Guess what? No competitive game format has ever emerged from this concept. “PvP” involves not just out skilling with micro, but also out thinking the opponent, which needs map wide macro. The PAX tourney was not just people running around not fighting, thats just what you interpreted through inexperience and ignorance.

Now will spvp be esports? No, not a chance. But not for the reasons you say and furthermore is completely unrelated to anything about WvW.

What are you talking about? rofl. LoL is about killing your opponents so that you can advance to the next turret. You have to do it smartly so that you don’t get ganked in a 1vX situtation. There are hard hitting classes that will 1-3 hit you. People in LoL fought each other more than people in SPvP. Don’t make me laugh dude. Did you happen to get a peek at the leaked SPvP modes? Guess what? They’re king of the hill and deathmatch! Both modes have always had big emphasis on player actually fighting players.

Anyway, how are changes in SPvP unrelated to WvW? Are you dead in the head? Every changes they made to classes were made for SPvP but since they have only one structure in a game with 3 modes, everyone was affected. As for Pax it was a pathetic scene with less than 1k streamers and that’s even much lower than tournaments in GW1, but yeh, GW2 SPvP is very popular. LMFAO! Go measure your kitten somewhere else little kid.

in WvW

Posted by: Xolido.2847

Xolido.2847

gw2 E-Sports is a joke !
Sad thing is, High Dev ranks are not Jokeing.. SadFace

in WvW

Jinks.2057

gw2 E-Sports is a joke !
Sad thing is, High Dev ranks are not Jokeing.. SadFace

They can continue their mislead pursuit for eSports

But gimmie my WvW support.

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

In this thread people get mad at a company for being a company!

PvE pays for the game, pve will always come first.

Spvp is getting support to become an export, if anet adds difrent modes to play in this may happen, this can also make money.

wvw is an extension of pve and a casual game mode no matter how much we want it to be more then that, sadly it will never get the attention of the other two. What we have to do is voice what we want and hope that they listen and have the staff to do it.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

I am not a fan of the dropping a sPVP map into an already small BL map…. sounds like the approach of a trainwreck in progress….

in WvW

Posted by: Heizero.9183

Heizero.9183

Please let’s stop w/ the focusing on a dead game mode. We WvWers will never cross the line to become sPvPers so your game can become an Esport. It’s not happening so please realize that WvW >>>>>>>>>>>>>> sPvP because the majority of your player base plays in WvW and not in some lame conquest game mode.

These Orb buffs are just going to be beneficial for the server w/ the most ppl…..please HOLD off on these and introduce the land masses only. You have a successful game in WvW.

Not in sPvP.

Please give us the dev time and let sPvP get life support dev focus for once…..I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Speak for yourself, i play both.

Commander Unyielding Shadow – Human Thief
Champion Shadow
Better Luck Next Time [BLNT]-Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Bashido.8694

Bashido.8694

Please let’s stop w/ the focusing on a dead game mode. We WvWers will never cross the line to become sPvPers so your game can become an Esport. It’s not happening so please realize that WvW >>>>>>>>>>>>>> sPvP because the majority of your player base plays in WvW and not in some lame conquest game mode.

These Orb buffs are just going to be beneficial for the server w/ the most ppl…..please HOLD off on these and introduce the land masses only. You have a successful game in WvW.

Not in sPvP.

Please give us the dev time and let sPvP get life support dev focus for once…..I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

They don’t care that’s the problem. They add pretty things to the AH all the time though, obviously their priority’s are clear. All they care about is money and they don’t care how crappy, or unbearable the game is to play in WvW at top tiers.

If they cared… these problems that have been around since DAY 1 would be addressed. Unfortunately that doesn’t flow with their bottom line so we are screwed until a better game comes out.

in WvW

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

When I first started in wvw there was culling, no wxp system, no ascended gear whatsoever and one armor set which cost way more badges than the current sets do.

The recently added champ upgrades and the essence of luck farm have made WvW farming much more rewarding than it used to be. So it’s not as if nothing has been added to WvW since launch.

I’m interested to see what happens with the new bloodlust dynamic. I think it might be fun.

(edited by Israel.7056)

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Skill lag existed way back when I played on a T3 or T4 server. Get into SM and it existed. For some reason it has gotten far worse this week than any other. Maybe something to do with the patch coming up. Maybe a recent coding change that is not working right.

People have transferred to the big 3 servers so that they can log in and WvW in a competative environment. I don’t blame them at all. WvW is a game best played with 30 or more people on each map. It was hard to do with the 20+ total people on my old server.

The lower tiers are just not competative any more and people don’t want to play there. Mostly, because Anet has not listened to the player base and moved fast enough to improve this aspect of the game, particularly the rewards, and lost WvW players as a result. WvW is GW2’s end game, Anet just does not realise it yet. They are too busy constructing Living Story BS. By time they realise it the players will all be gone and they will be without jobs.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Rufy.6093

Rufy.6093

Just wow. Zerge vs zerge is the most hideous excuse for pvp. It is not pvp. It is a lag fest where u smash your head on the computer for success. You get constant one vs ones in spvp and the balance is 100x better then wvw. Every class has a chance in spvp. In wvw it’s all about who has the higher stats. This is why you people cling on to your wvw so tight. You think you are skiled cause you can take 2 vs 1 with your op build. Well you are not skilled. You are a reject of spvp that got face owned in a 1 vs 1. I hope the devs keep balancing spvp and realize that adding new modes like they are saying is a great way to bring “some” of you zerglings to real pvp. Of course as soon as you see it’s more balanced you will go back to your op builds in wvw. No pleasing a zergling.

in WvW

Posted by: Aenye.2390

Aenye.2390

to strighten one thing up

Anet won’t transfer resources from sPvP to WvW, because there are no resources in sPvP. They want it esport but they want in ASAP, when players want balance. Greed is only thing here. I had no great interest in PAX, I have no interest in esport as the game is not ready. I call everyone to stop hating on sPvp as changes implemented there (same as Wvw) are usually nothing close to what was wanted/anticipated. I never managed to do serious WvW unfortuantely as i was to slow in progressing through pve and now when i wish to do it I realise it’s broken just the same as sPvP is. WvW needs more resources than sPvP that’s for sure considering the scale of events, but the main problem that any of those is main Anet concern.

Main concern is PvE with its Living Story farmlands. If game has PvE mode then majority of players are there no matter what. They love farming, they love zerging, they love easy mode. They love spending money.

WvW and sPvP are on the same train to nowhere

Powerpuff Alex
Yeah I don’t really play the game any longer – whaddya think I am doing on forums?