Idea for a new badge use

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: kymaera.4739

kymaera.4739

I have a few thousand of these saved up and they’re fairly useless to me.

All my characters are in exotics so the armor/weapons are useless. They can’t be transmuted/salvaged and right now, exotics are so cheap that they’re not really a savings in money.
I could use them for the laurel vendor, but I’m limited by the laurels, not the badges and some day, I might get a legendary and need the gift of battle, but again, more than I would need for that.
I spend a few here and there on siege blueprints, but this is rare.

One idea that I had was this: have a wvw commander tome similar to the one that is available for 100 gp. The only two differences are that the cost would be primarily badges and maybe a small amount and that the symbol would be a red commander (blood red for the wvw currency). This would give people a use for badges and allow them to grind for it in wvw which is generally not a great money generator as opposed to pve. Also, it satisfies another request by users which is to have another color symbol available.

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

The cost of such an item would have to be astronomical, as even players who never play WvW are currently drowning in badges due to achievement chests.

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: Fast Asleep.8475

Fast Asleep.8475

Would love that. Even more if you could only use it in wvw and only guild members could see it. Like that you could finally target something in wvw and wouldnt have to worry about not finding your raid leader anymore. Also you wont have to worry about pve ers buying it then.

Gunnars Hold [Chvc]

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

a wvw commander tag sounds good. 10-20g and 1-2k badges. and maybe an option to setup guild only or open commander tag.

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet ruined the hope of badges ever becoming a decent currency when they gave them away in the achievement chests.

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Anet ruined the hope of badges ever becoming a decent currency when they gave them away in the achievement chests.

This. Don’t have to jack squat for them anymore.

Isle Of Janthir

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: Calle.8746

Calle.8746

Yes, let’s fill the map with commander tags!

Idea for a new badge use

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Why red? why not just do something that allows commanders to change the color of their tags to one they like, so we can have a more effective way of having multiple commanders on the field without the need to just join their squad. though a blue and a Red tag probably suffice but in the cosmetic world anymore colors is just more appealing and allows that small joy people have.

I’m a primary WvW player, but I don’t really see a point or reason on making a WvW specific tag and people trying to limit it to WvWers only. PvEers have the same right and need for tags and different tag colors, despite the premise that PvE is a snooze mode, and prior to some events I would have agreed that PvE doesn’t really need a commander (and personally I still don’t), but being in TTS and listening to their comms, I find that there are people who genuinely want to use that tag and use it efficiently in PvE. If you think massive blobs of pugs in WvW is hard to control, wait till you see the massive blobs of PvE.

[DONE]