In WvW math, 15/6=5

In WvW math, 15/6=5

in WvW

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

Build, Repair, and Supply Mastery need some tweaking. These traits are supposed to make using supply easier but can often make it harder.

- When your Build/Repair Mastery should spend all your remaining supply, it often leaves you with 1 supply instead.

- Supply Mastery refunds some supply, but this only occurs when you continue to spend supply while having 0 left.

So, if I have 15 supply and spend it 6 at a time,
1st tick leaves me with 9 supply,
2nd tick leaves 3,
3rd tick leaves 1,
4th tick leaves 0,
5th tick may (or may not) proc Supply Mastery.

Instead of spending 15 supply in 3 ticks, as you’d expect when spending 6 at a time, it takes nearly twice as long.

Instead, Build/Repair Mastery should drop you to zero supply if you’re carrying less than a single tick uses. And, Supply Mastery should do it’s single proc check when you reach zero supply, not after.

In WvW math, 15/6=5

in WvW

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Uh. You don’t need to finish the repair animation for Supply Mastery to trigger.

In WvW math, 15/6=5

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

It is kinda kitteny, but you can use 1 point in Supply Capacity to juke how many ticks you get, which is something at least. That should change your ticks to -6-6-4.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

In WvW math, 15/6=5

in WvW

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

Uh. You don’t need to finish the repair animation for Supply Mastery to trigger.

I never claimed you had to finish the animation. You do, however, need to use supply while holding zero. Devon Carver confirmed as much—the only time Supply Mastery triggers is on the “last” tick. And you can see for yourself that when your current supply lands at zero, there will still be another tick where you try to use supply and are met with a “not enough supply” message.

In this example it ended up requiring the full 5 ticks of the animation.

If you started with one supply, it would take “only” two ticks to trigger supply master, one to leave you at zero and another to try to proc.

(edited by soulcakeduck.7036)

In WvW math, 15/6=5

in WvW

Posted by: Visiroth.5914

Visiroth.5914

I never claimed you had to finish the animation. You do, however, need to use supply while holding zero. Devon Carver confirmed as much—the only time Supply Mastery triggers is on the “last” tick.

It triggers on the last tick, i.e. the tick that brings your supply down to 0. I cancel the animation immediately after supply going to 0, not performing an extra tick while at 0, and mastery kicks in and gives me extra supply. This happened 3-4 times in the last 5 mins. Either it was fixed, he was wrong, or you misinterpreted what he said.

As you’ve noted, the 1 supply bug is extremely annoying though.