In support of WvW

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Disclaimer. yes things can always be improved, and new things can be fun

Looking at WvW from many angles (yes my angles lol) I think Anet has done a pretty good job for the first year. I look at all the possible things I can do in WvW for fun
Our small guild can put together a 3-5 man roaming group and we can look for small fights, flip objectives, take towers, and on numerous occasions we have taken hills and Bay with 5 people, and even a garrison once
Sure we get run over by large groups, lose to organized 5 mans, curse the stinking perma thief who runs away.
We can join in with others to become a larger threat on the map. We can join the zerg for big fights. We can skill lag in the 300 man 3 way SM fights
At anytime we can take advantage of all the siege options attacking or defending. I can customize my toon to be a siege defense expert, maybe be more siege offense oriented.
At any time it is not real hard to roam solo and look for those one on one fights. I get cool ranks and titles (we all love ranks and titles). I get nice WvW rank abilities that make my character better at WvW with out the massive power creep that ruins so many other games.
Yes unbalanced match ups can make the PPT/zerg discouraging and yet at the same time I can still have all the above variety to do
I do think it is important to keep offering suggestions/complaints etc, but if you really can not find a way to have some fun with all that WvW can offer, then the game probably is just not for you.
I give Anet WvW a thumbs up

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Thank you for actually posting something positive on the forums. Too many people whine in here.

I agree with you, anet has done a good job on WvW, and they are still working on it, even though the percentage of players that play WvW is low.

I play WvW for fun, and I even have fun when I am getting stomped. I love WvW, and I accept it for what it is, not what I want it to be. I trust Anet will improve it over time.

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

Nice post. I agree wvw can be a lot of fun when you get the right mindset on it. There are still issues that need resolved but progress is being made and only the constructive feedback from the community can help that. Otherwise enjoy it for what it is, a game.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Nice post. I agree wvw can be a lot of fun when you get the right mindset on it. There are still issues that need resolved but progress is being made and only the constructive feedback from the community can help that. Otherwise enjoy it for what it is, a game.

Constructive feedback from the WvW community over the course of several months didn’t get us ANYTHING … not acknowledgements, not responses, not actions. There is over a year’s worth of forum history that you can browse if you don’t believe me, and if you can spot anything positive to come out of the WvW “collaborative” thread that was just closed please point them out for me.

A game is only a game if there is enough balance to make it one. Otherwise it’s just an experience.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Guru.1582

Guru.1582

Part of the reason we complain is because we care.

I used to love WvW. That’s why this league nonsense is so offensive. It vastly exacerbated the problems WvW has, and now that they’re doubling down on it, they have to fix what’s broken.

It’s great that you are having fun. The problem is, if significantly fewer people than the majority are enjoying themselves, the community will taper off. I used to adore WvW and I’ve logged into it all of once this entire past week, not because of time constraints, but because it has legitimately stopped being fun.

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: little ceasar.9254

little ceasar.9254

There are problems and for the most part the wvw community has been largely ignored. I’ve also been wvw centric since beta (yet to finish a personal story), and I have seen many many guilds and players leave the game because of what the powers that be stated was only a small population in the game(recently stating how surprised they are how big it has become). So yes I share in the frustration, but resorting to anything other than constructive feedback is likely to get ignored.

Too many ideas in this thread could be good if discussed and fleshed out, but instead they say I hate this, fix this now, or x needs to be needed because it killed me. They are in for a wakeup when wild star comes out, however that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try to make this the best game possible while we are actually playing it.

Ashr [AGG]RESSION
CD→SoS→BG→ET→DB→JQ→SoS→
Mag→JQ→SoS→JQ→TC→FA→DB→FA→Mag→TC→KN

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Constructive feedback from the WvW community over the course of several months didn’t get us ANYTHING … not acknowledgements, not responses, not actions. There is over a year’s worth of forum history that you can browse if you don’t believe me, and if you can spot anything positive to come out of the WvW “collaborative” thread that was just closed please point them out for me.

A game is only a game if there is enough balance to make it one. Otherwise it’s just an experience.

I pretty much disagree with this. I have been on the forums since day one and as much as my post was a positive one, I have made my complaints/suggestions also. It is an impossible task to make every one happy. Since release they have added Ranks, WvW abilities that they keep adding more, numerous adjustments to classes based on players feedback, adjusted arrow carts etc. based on player feedback.
They worked kitten changing the horrible rendering design based on player feedback. They added ruins to maps for some extra options. They are adding the new map for overflow issues. The collaborative thread was closed (I think this is a mistake also) but the actions are not done, it is just one step (the feedback step). They gave us leagues, and for all the issues it still is them adding and trying new stuff
Overall they had a pretty decent starting point and yet keep adding and changing and most of those changes are based on player feedback. I am sure I missed plenty, just as I am sure they will continue to make changes based on players wants/feedback.

In support of WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I used to think like the OP, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But its a case of too little too late. It’s been over a year.

And the worst part is the things that they do, even if a bad idea, they just keep going with it. They seem to be just stubborn.

Like the RNG matchmaking. Despite the fact that it created horrible matches, they stuck with it when it could have been adjusted – then made it even worse with leagues – now they’re going back to the previous horrible RNG matchmaking. I’m simply often stunned by their decisions.