Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Playerbase is decreasing?

9 Guardians later…

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Zergs smaller even on a T1 EU Server? What hours were you playing at and what Server are you playing on?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Yes. Less and less people play WvW. A lot migrating to archeage. Whether or not they’ll come back, I dno. Id think so because I dont think AA can replace the feel of WvW in gw2.

However the WvW playerbase deserves much better than what Anet can give it. They say they care about their playerbase but they can rarely be asked to comment on this subforum or actually add content/features in a reasonable amount to the game mode.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Caden Thompson.4968

Caden Thompson.4968

I agree the WvW is dying t2 and t3 use to have massive amounts of people. Another issue that i am seeing is that the overall skill base is declining. Fewer and fewer players are taking large scale combat serious and i feel that Anet needs to implement a way to create a game mode with players on each team that create a fun and regulated atmosphere for 20v20’s or 15v15’s like pvp has. Many of the GvG players have left Guildwars for Archage or they are playing WvW casual now. If Anet wants to create a hardcore scene to Guildwars 2 they need to implement a game mode.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Idk what is going to happen after the patch. AA is going to be released this month. And the “featured patch” isn’t that big. And after that everyone knows they must will wait another 6 months to another significant change.

Anet didn’t release GvG at time, and duels. And didn’t change the SERVERvSERVERvSERVER mode for anything like factions or something more balanced or more easy to balance.

In the upcoming patch you have a new mastery, new color tags, another unfair tournament and some “balance” changes. No more. VS a entire new game with a LOT of feature that this wvw community wants.

In the future anet is going to live with PvE Living History and achievements farmers. WvW is more dead than ever right now. Even in uppers tiers.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Caden Thompson.4968

Anet can revive it they just need to implement a different type then create a new engine shutdown world vs world for like a week and implement GvG’s. People will wait for a week for a large change like that because we have been waiting for over a year now.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Stilk.6312

Stilk.6312

A sentence I see a lot lately coming from most of the hardcore WvWers I play with :

Gaym is ded

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Caden Thompson.4968

Sadly is people are becoming fed up about it. Its so easy to bring back.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I’m sure Season 3 will be full of PvE players looking to get their weekly Season 3 achieves. It seems ANet has now moved WvW towards the Living Story style of play, requiring play each week, (moving WvW out of play when you want/can during the season, into you MUST play NOW on ANet’s schedule.)

It’s been 2 years, and there hasn’t been a lot to show in terms of new content added for WvW, given that EotM is also another PvE-centric form of play (albeit in a WvW zone).

So, that’s a long time without a lot of developer attention, barely any (if at all) developer communication, no announced prospects for future development in WvW, what appears to be a repeat of Season 2 matchups for Season 3, and a continuing and growing move towards PvE within WvW….

….other games recently released and/or going open beta…

…downtime right before Season 3….

and yeah, I assume WvW feels a little less populated.

I wouldn’t know, haven’t logged in to play WvW in 3-4 weeks or longer (I’ve lost track).

-Off enjoying W* and will back for Season 3 as my last bit of GW2 play

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

Just accept GW2 isn’t what many people wanted it to be, and the developers have no interest in turning it into something else than what it is.

They are clearly focusing all attention on the casual-story element, and the WvW/PvP modes were just put in to generate game-sales. They are not part of the core game.

Hardcore / semi-hardcore wvw/pvp player? Arenanet would like it if you stuck around, but they’re not actually bothered enough to make an effort to keep you. You are not their target market.

You might as well ask for serious PvP-content in Farmville. That’s not what the game is for, so why would the developers put time into it?

And yes, numbers are very rapidly declining in WvW, as people are finally realising that there is no “future” for WvW, just more of the same.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

(edited by Ragnar.4257)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

I’m afraid, that season 3 only gonna push more people away from wvw and from gw2.
Enough is enough, we have waited 2 years, for all this time they have done almost nothing, except some cosmetic changes, and one huge and very beautiful pve/karma train map.
For 2 years they didn’t listen us even once, i dont think they gonna start now.
Time to move on.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I’m afraid, that season 3 only gonna push more people away from wvw and from gw2.
Enough is enough, we have waited 2 years, for all this time they have done almost nothing, except some cosmetic changes, and one huge and very beautiful pve/karma train map.
Time to move on.

Right right, of course. We should believe that all of the new features and content A-Net has delivered post-launch has been absolutely nothing unless you as a “people in masses aka us” got something that you wanted in Guild Wars 2.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Well just look at the 2 “feature” packs

In April all we got was Account bound WXP
And in this September’s one we are getting Golem matery and anti-siege grenades.

If these are classed as features by Anet then all is doomed!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Time to move on.

Right right, of course. We should believe that all of the new features and content A-Net has delivered post-launch has been absolutely nothing unless you as a “people in masses aka us” got something that you wanted in Guild Wars 2.

I must have missed all the wvw related ‘new features and content’ that you speak of. the maps and mechanics are almost exactly the same as at launch, the fun bit of water was removed to make way for cap points that only belong in spvp and they brought in wexp (and finally made it account bound ages after it was blindingly obvious that it should have been account bound from the start). Masteries- yeah, nice cosmetic change. And a pve karma train map.

In two years nothing much has changed- the maps feel completely stale and there seems to be no changes anywhere in sight. It’s no wonder most hardcore wvw’rs have left the game and much of what are left are either casuals or hanging on in the hope it gets better.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: NotKalkz.1286

NotKalkz.1286

No it’s not
It’s already dead

Kalkz

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

I agree the WvW is dying t2 and t3 use to have massive amounts of people. Another issue that i am seeing is that the overall skill base is declining. Fewer and fewer players are taking large scale combat serious and i feel that Anet needs to implement a way to create a game mode with players on each team that create a fun and regulated atmosphere for 20v20’s or 15v15’s like pvp has. Many of the GvG players have left Guildwars for Archage or they are playing WvW casual now. If Anet wants to create a hardcore scene to Guildwars 2 they need to implement a game mode.

So what you’re saying is forget about ANET trying to recapture maybe even grow its community but rather adapt to the new lower population by catering to the new dynamics? WRONG.

Release a freaking quality expansion and the game population will double…triple<period>

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So what you’re saying is forget about ANET trying to recapture maybe even grow its community but rather adapt to the new lower population by catering to the new dynamics? WRONG.

Release a freaking quality expansion and the game population will double…triple<period>

No, what we’re saying is its time to start looking at other games and/or take a break entirely until something else comes up.

ESO kinda blows and so does Archage (at least the beta does), and I don’t know of any other MMOs offering RvR style PvP. There is Eve Online but thats an entirely different type of game, it kinda sucks too and actually, Archage reminds me of Eve Online due to lame PvP mechanics and all the farming, house-building crap.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

World populations are closed off at an ammount now days. So your probably seeing the less stacked server then usual

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

No it’s not
It’s already dead

yep. can confirm

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

No, what we’re saying is its time to start looking at other games and/or take a break entirely until something else comes up.

ESO kinda blows and so does Archage (at least the beta does), and I don’t know of any other MMOs offering RvR style PvP. There is Eve Online but thats an entirely different type of game, it kinda sucks too and actually, Archage reminds me of Eve Online due to lame PvP mechanics and all the farming, house-building crap.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: ErlendR.6107

ErlendR.6107

All mmos die eventually …
Except for that russian one with tanks …
But after 2 years wvw is exactly the same, so, ppl get bored u know …

Proud ex-Kaineng T8 best server ever vs DR & FC
FC
Retired

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Father Busho.2796

Father Busho.2796

The sad thing is that when the tourny hits, the massive amount of PvE achievement hunters will flood the maps so Devon will once again be able to proudly announce ravishing WvW numbers…..
Its just pathetic imo.

Band Of Royal Daggers [BORD]
Aurora Glade
ALL IS VAIN :(

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

The sad thing is that when the tourny hits, the massive amount of PvE achievement hunters will flood the maps so Devon will once again be able to proudly announce ravishing WvW numbers…..
Its just pathetic imo.

This

And the added bonus that there are lag issues in WVW since over a week ago, and people disconnect for no apparent reason

Why play when you are kicked twice an evening

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: darko.4501

darko.4501

No gw2 is not dying just check the lfg tool and you’ll see party forming each 10 – 20 sec, go to wurm you’ll find hundreds of players go to spvp you ll find plenty of battle go to wvw at prime time you ll find at least eB with queue in t5+, city are full…, China
That doesn’t mean that the game can be better.
Maybe an expansion nsion can give this f2p game a fresh air.

(edited by darko.4501)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

The game is not dead (PvE). But WvW and PvP? Utterly.

I did start in the game at the release, and did the PvE content several times in the first 6 months. Then I did feel the stagnation so I joined to a WvW clan and did play daily raids 4 days at week for 15 months, until the end of the Spring tournament. At that point was obvious that the game mode was in stagnation (again) eroded by the scoring system (which rewards coverage and zerging) and the lack of alternatives. So I did leave WvW around ~450 rank.

Then I focused my time in PvP and did reach Dragon rank (two weeks ago), but without a propper PvP team there are no incentives to keep playing. It’s a shame, due GW2 has a solid combat system, which is wasted because the lack of interest from ArenaNet in the competitive aspects of the game.

As a PvE MMO GW2 is a solid game, but I think that after two years with the same trick pony is more than evident that this is not a W vs W/ R vs R/ G vs G/ P vs P game, and after more than 3000 hours spent in the game I’m not longer interested into keep playing game modes that aren’t fun to me.

The most shocking part is how short the game fell in competitive modes taking in consideration tha GW2 was arguably one of the milestones of the genre exactly because how good and persistent were its PvP modes.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

The game is not dead (PvE). But WvW and PvP? Utterly.

perfect answer +1

where are white knights (yes talking to you mr vayne) now who say we are in the summer?
ah right for me summer end on 21th sept
ahahahahah

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

As much as I would like a good expansion for GW2, it does not need an expansion to fix and improve WvW. It just needs staff that actually listen to the WvW community and decent sized WvW updates that are released sooner than every 7 months.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Just accept GW2 isn’t what many people wanted it to be, and the developers have no interest in turning it into something else than what it is.

They are clearly focusing all attention on the casual-story element, and the WvW/PvP modes were just put in to generate game-sales. They are not part of the core game.

Hardcore / semi-hardcore wvw/pvp player? Arenanet would like it if you stuck around, but they’re not actually bothered enough to make an effort to keep you. You are not their target market.

You might as well ask for serious PvP-content in Farmville. That’s not what the game is for, so why would the developers put time into it?

And yes, numbers are very rapidly declining in WvW, as people are finally realising that there is no “future” for WvW, just more of the same.

This exactly.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

ded gaem much?

Team Aggression [TA]

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

It was fun while it lasted. Developers have made it abundantly clear it’s a casual game for casual people… not interested in hardcore srs competition for things like GvG etc.

People tried to do it on their own outside of developer support….eventually got tired…

and now we have ded gaem……gg

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: MoonT.6845

MoonT.6845

GW2 is very healthy, just because WvW has taken a hit don’t assume the Pve, Spvp and roleplaying crowds don’t flock to this game in huge numbers. WvW isn’t dead either, yes there may be fewer players off peak, but prime time still has queues. But it is in decline.

I believe WvW is losing numbers due to imbalance. Every week it’s the same after reset, some good hard fights for the first 5-6 hours, then normal people go to bed and the nightcap routine kicks in. Same old story, wake up after the following morning see that your server tick is at a dribble and think I really can’t be bothered now. Or servers where you are totally outnumbered the majority of the time have the same effect, once you fall behind there is no way back without the numbers and people give up.

WvW is a procession, you look at the 3 teams on reset night and pretty well know the result the following Friday night before you start, If ANet could find a way to iron out the huge advantages and disadvantages that different servers suffer it might turn into a contest again. Until then WvW will lose numbers with people becoming disillusioned with the predictability.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

It feels like this fall season will be a huge blow to the GW franchise which may have failed to deliver on it’s great potential. Someone noted yesterday that from the few new skills that were released actually half of them (anti-toxin skills) are completely useless today, this is terrible management.

Too much good competition is coming out now to justify repeating the same thing over and over in WvW for another year. That Anet take over 1 year to make a single WvW map I can respect that, but we’ve had only one map since the release 2 years ago, and it doesn’t even count for the PPT, which is the main official goal of WvW . Should we come to the conclusion that they are just not making new WvW content? They get all upset when we say they have no WvW team, yet in a year all we get are 3 tags colors and a trick that disable stuff (it doesn’t even do something, it just break other siege).

When reality will catch up with them that the other MMOs are being released with 5 times as much PvP content they’ll probably reevaluate their business model.

All that considered GW1 was “THE” competitive MMO.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

This game doesn’t deserve the playerbase it once had.

~~Ayeres~~

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Gamgee.8612

Gamgee.8612

Thing is that this game still got “potential” to be great. The single thing that Guild Wars is unchallanged in is combat. Never have I played a game with so entertaining and actionfilled combat. It’s brilliant. The ideal thing would be to make use of that and bring up a strong team for the PvP playerbase(Including Wvw) because that’s where this game could REALLY shine.

N I M S – Warrior of Judge Legends[JDGE]

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I bought the game the first week it was released and, since then, a large number of IRL friends left the game.

I quit the game for 5 months and then I restarted. for as much as I got bored by a PvP that does not have a different play-mode other than domination and a WvW that keeps not giving to players what they ask for…there is nothing else out there, yet.
All together, I still find this game the best MMO out there, for my standards.

I believe that many players feel the same and this is why they start playing or they continue to play.

[ROCK]
Desolation

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

The player base is increasing. Anet continues to release free content on a pretty ambitious scale, whether it is the content you will like I cannot say. Lastly, you already bought another copy so you’ve already made your choice. Play what you love and if others do the same then the game will live for a very long time.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The player base is increasing. Anet continues to release free content on a pretty ambitious scale, whether it is the content you will like I cannot say. Lastly, you already bought another copy so you’ve already made your choice. Play what you love and if others do the same then the game will live for a very long time.

Very little fixed content in comparison to other games and even GW1 given the same time frame. 2 years without a new weapon, class, race or many skills/traits. This is effectively the same game as it was at release with minor tweaks and seasonal content. Even ascended gear (which was handled poorly) was a marginal change.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

No it’s not
It’s already dead

yep. can confirm

Stranger Danger!
Stranger Danger!
Reported to the Everything is Awesome Police!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

This happens because of hidden real nicknames in the WWW
Noone wants to be as faceless zerger

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

As much as I would like a good expansion for GW2, it does not need an expansion to fix and improve WvW. It just needs staff that actually listen to the WvW community and decent sized WvW updates that are released sooner than every 7 months.

At this point I would not even buy a GW2 expansion.

I bought all the GW1 expansions. I preordered the deluxe version of GW2. But I’m not going to buy an expansion for a game when the company doesn’t support the game. Fool me once…

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

There sure is a lot of people here who don’t play anymore or think that the game is dying, yet choose to post on the forums.

Hmmm

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

This game has the pop. to support 8-10 servers (NA) in regards to WvW…And yet we are still scattered about 24 servers, with more and more people every month finally realizing this and migrating up in Tiers.

Mag Server Leader

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Kontrolle.3514

Kontrolle.3514

I thought TESO will crush GW2? What it havnt? wait what? it totally failed?
What happened to wildstar? What? Oh thats sad.
And who ist this archage? A sequel to one of the most failed MMO games ever?

Jes im still a GW2 WvW fan, since beta. Even with all the failures and problems this game has, it is till the best thing out there. Anet should really focus more on WvW as endcontent. As soon as they bring the big hit, people will come back because, yes no subscription fee. Dont Worry there are enough players to WvW for the next 2 jears.

(edited by Kontrolle.3514)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

GW2’s combat system has and will continue to keep the attention of all those players who try to leave it for all those games you mentioned. The moment another open world pvp game with a even remotely decent combat mechanic comes along: Gw2 will be a wasteland.

Mag Server Leader

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I played Guild Wars 2 since release for about > 1.500 hours and sold my account a few months ago. However I´m thinking about getting back into it and bought a new copy a few days ago.

Sounds like someone didn’t read the EULA…

I know the playerbase is decreasing

I’ve seen the exact opposite recently. Has Anet released numbers to you that they haven’t released to the public?

and the megaserver change is more of an “Let´s rescue Guild Wars 2”-thing.

If by that you mean “quality-of-life improvement”, then sure.

Is it even worth to play this game again? Afaik ANet still ignores every thread on the forums

They read certain parts of the forums very thoroughly. There are a lot of senseless and unproductive posts that they have no reason to acknowledge (like this one).

(just saw a survey on reddit about the upcoming “feature pack”and pretty much everyone was kinda upset about it ). I just don´t want to put a lot of time into a game which is dying.

Reddit is not a part of the official GW2 forums, and most of the changes in the feature pack are due to player feedback on the forums. Most players’ opinions of the feature pack seem to be to the tune of “good, but not enough”, which I would hardly describe as “upset”.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

EnemyCrusher.7324

And the added bonus that there are lag issues in WVW since over a week ago, and people disconnect for no apparent reason

Why play when you are kicked twice an evening

You should talk to your ISP about that. I haven’t had any lag or connection problems in the past week, and neither have the people I’ve been playing with.

This happens because of hidden real nicknames in the WWW
Noone wants to be as faceless zerger

I don’t think anyone has claimed that that is a problem before.

“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

(edited by EnemyCrusher.7324)

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

TESO and Wildstar are proof that a modern MMO cannot come with a subscription cost unless it is truly great. While fine games, they simply aren’t ground breaking and in sum no better than GW2 (abjectly worse IMO).

GW2 is a massive sustained success by pretty much any measure. It is also a great game in general but has grown stale for its player base. The PvE has always been lackluster, sPvP felt forced and WvW felt like a bolt on. None of this has really changed since release. I think the complaints come from squandered opportunity more than poor system.

The first real WvW successor will empty a declining population for sure.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

EnemyCrusher.7324

At this point I would not even buy a GW2 expansion.

I bought all the GW1 expansions. I preordered the deluxe version of GW2. But I’m not going to buy an expansion for a game when the company doesn’t support the game. Fool me once…

You don’t consider new content every two weeks with occasional breaks for quality-of-life improvements to be Anet supporting the game? How about the bug fixes that occur between those patches? What about these forums, which they use to respond to players constantly on week days. GW1 didn’t even have forums to receive player feedback, updates were less substantial, and occurred less frequently. I love both GW1 and GW2, but more effort is clearly going into GW2.

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I played Guild Wars 2 since release for about > 1.500 hours and sold my account a few months ago. However I´m thinking about getting back into it and bought a new copy a few days ago.

Sounds like someone didn’t read the EULA…

I know the playerbase is decreasing

I’ve seen the exact opposite recently. Has Anet released numbers to you that they haven’t released to the public?

and the megaserver change is more of an “Let´s rescue Guild Wars 2”-thing.

If by that you mean “quality-of-life improvement”, then sure.

Is it even worth to play this game again? Afaik ANet still ignores every thread on the forums

They read certain parts of the forums very thoroughly. There are a lot of senseless and unproductive posts that they have no reason to acknowledge (like this one).

(just saw a survey on reddit about the upcoming “feature pack”and pretty much everyone was kinda upset about it ). I just don´t want to put a lot of time into a game which is dying.

Reddit is not a part of the official GW2 forums, and most of the changes in the feature pack are due to player feedback on the forums. Most players’ opinions of the feature pack seem to be to the tune of “good, but not enough”, which I would hardly describe as “upset”.

Pretty much this. I still don’t get how so many people can say with any sort of accuracy that the game is dying. Maybe their group of friends stopped playing for whatever reason, or their servers WvW players decided to switch play times, or whatever.

I certainly don’t see a declining player base in any of the modes I go to. In fact I see the opposite. I see “new player help” threads all the time. See “returning player, whats new” threads even more then new player threads. Did my group of friends stop playing? yeah, all 5 of them. But I guess that means the game is dying, and the player base has shrunk dramatically to the point where we should start being worried….Yeah not so much.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Is Guild Wars 2 dying?

in WvW

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I thought TESO will crush GW2? What it havnt? wait what? it totally failed?
What happened to wildstar? What? Oh thats sad.
And who ist this archage? A sequel to one of the most failed MMO games ever?

Jes im still a GW2 WvW fan, since beta. Even with all the failures and problems this game has, it is till the best thing out there. Anet should really focus more on WvW as endcontent. As soon as they bring the big hit, people will come back because, yes no subscription fee. Dont Worry there are enough players to WvW for the next 2 jears.

Curb your enthusiasm. Competition doing it bad =/= GW2 doing it good.

I don’t need a better game than GW2 to stop to play GW2, I (a lot of us) can leave the game (and will do) just because the game became dull and boring after 24 months of stagnation. And by the way, I spent more hours in RoS this Summer than in GW2.

I will not take part in this fall tournament, due I’ll be busy with another game. Guess that after another 4 months or so ArenaNet proclaims a whole revamp of WvW, with a new scoring system, GvG, maybe even a expansion pack.. would arrive in time to save the guild I belong? I DON’T THINK SO.

Of course GW2 will stay alive this year and probably a few more for the PvE people, but I’m not a PvE player, neither the guild I belong, neither this forum. A year ago I was worried about the WvW lack of progression, lack of evolving, lack of support and vision from ANet. Now I’m not longer worried, since I feel that I did fulfil my goals in the game, and is time to move on.